AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm behind on this is there any idea of a motive for the murders. Straight cold blooded.

Huh? I didn't say anything - just posted the approved tabloid article as written.
OK, my mistake, and I apologize.

In going back and reading, it appears that you copied not only the article but a " BBM" type comment from another poster.
Whoever posted it before you had bolded the part about Jayme being in the house at the time of her parents' murders.

It seems a little odd to bold that part out of everything, because she very likely was at home. I don't think that's ever been disputed.

I think it’s important to acknowledge that this isn’t the suburbs, but the country. My folks live in a similar area and, even though 15 minutes away in the city proper robberies are common, there hasn’t been a robbery near them in years. There are many reasons why: their homes are farther from major roadways, making it easier to stopped; many folks in the country have guns for protection of livestock; and many people aren’t familiar enough with country roads to navigate them quickly, especially in the dark. (There’s city dark then country dark. Country dark is pitch black where I grew up.)

Also addicts or “druggies” (a term that I don’t endorse as a person who knows many people in recovery) don’t commit crimes like this. For those in active addiction who do steal, they do quick smash and grab jobs in the suburbs or, more typically, urban centers. Someone killing for drug money isn’t going to kidnap a 13-year-old, because could you imagine being high and having to keep control over a 13-year-old? This isn’t an infant or a child, but a teenager. Frankly, an addict wouldn’t know how to manage a kidnapping.

Regarding the Jennie-O connection, I’d say that’s not it. How many of us here had fathers who worked in factory or manufacturing settings? How many of those who did knew who their father worked with? I know I certainly didn’t, even though we’d attend company picnics.

These cases do typically involve an adult or older teenager who the kidnapped child or teenager has met, whether online or in the real world. My bet in this case would lean to online. You have a teenager who’s been described by her own family as introverted and quiet. The Internet is a haven for quiet teens and has been since the 1990s. Jayme could have totally believed she was speaking to another teenager, or possibly she was aware the person was older and didn’t anticipate what would happen. However, Jayme was clearly the target and I’d say she had spoken to this person before.

This wasn’t a random crime, as police have said. They believe Jayme was targeted.

I agree that Jayme was the target but where did the police say that?

I'm behind on this is there any idea of a motive for the murders. Straight cold blooded.

Motive seems unclear at this time:

“"Is it a random attack or a targeted attack? I don't know that answer," Fitzgerald told reporters. "That's why those leads are so important."“

——

“Motive in parents' death is unclear
Deputies are also trying to solve the killings of Jayme's parents, James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, in the small city of Barron.“

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/18/us...oss/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/&rm=1

(Unless you believe the source who talked to radaronline.)

That is where having a better understanding of the family dynamics would be helpful. Could Jayme have confided to someone about troubles within the home, and this person decided to be some kind of hero to her ? Was Jayme in contact with a stranger online, not ever imagining anything like this could be the result ? Were their issues with other family members ?

I realize that, because of the TOS here, we can't discuss any of that in depth, but they are all valid questions, imo.
We know Nicole Lovell climbed out her window to meet an older guy. Kids do fall for such things. Photos show police examining the deck area intensely so it seems there may have been something going on there. I’d assume there’s a door there.

Respectfully, I disagree.
While this source can be an approved link by the administrators here, I believe Tricia herself would fully endorse each of us using our own judgement to decide if we find their reporting to be credible or not.
Also respectfully....this isn't how I intended the comment. Early this morning I thought it was cool that we were finally allowed to use that source. We have spent much of today analyzing how loosely they attribute their sources. I decided that I would be very cautious to quote from this source. Now I see people quoting and quoting all the things we find questionable and unsubstantiated just because they can and then they point out the discrepancies and how questionable the sources are. But, in the end, it just means those 'ahem' facts have been repeated over and over again on Websleuths. I just hate to see us take this forum down that road. My point is that if you have to point out that even you think it is not credible....maybe you shouldn't post it on Websleuths.

This would make a great movie plot but it's not how law enforcement works. The FBI is not sending a signal by repeating the word "100" in news reports.

Well, during the Washington DC sniper case, Montgomery County Police did send messages to the perps using code words or phrases: "You have indicated that you want us to do and say certain things. You've asked us to say, 'We have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose.' We understand that hearing us say this is important to you..." (Montgomery County Police Chief Charles Moose).

So, highly unlikely in this case, but sometimes that is how LE works...

The source also added that the attack does not seem to have been random: “it was targeted. The perpetrator had the specific intent to leave the home with Jayme in their possession.”

The source has also said they 100% believe Jayme is alive.

Source: FBI Source Reveals Bombshell: 'We Know 100 Percent' That Jayme Closs Is Alive

“Bombshell!”

—the sensationalism is killing me and LE said do not to believe anything that does not come from them.

ETA:
“We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com?”

Last edited:
The source also added that the attack does not seem to have been random: “it was targeted. The perpetrator had the specific intent to leave the home with Jayme in their possession.”

The source has also said they 100% believe Jayme is alive.

Source: FBI Source Reveals Bombshell: 'We Know 100 Percent' That Jayme Closs Is Alive

Oh, "that" source.

But, how about this source?

“Is it a random attack or a targeted attack? I don't know that answer," Fitzgerald told reporters. "That's why those leads are so important."“

In looking at home invasions and abductions, it's not as uncommon as you would think. In one recent case, the child was the target and the connection was that the perp had seen the mother and child in a grocery store (Thomas Evans, SC abducted a 4 year old girl in Feb 2018). In another case, the homeowners had a for sale sign on their front lawn and that drew in the perp. DC and JC may have stopped for gas on the way home, been followed by someone who took a liking to JC and he waited until midnight to grab her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee