AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, during the Washington DC sniper case, Montgomery County Police did send messages to the perps using code words or phrases: "You have indicated that you want us to do and say certain things. You've asked us to say, 'We have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose.' We understand that hearing us say this is important to you..." (Montgomery County Police Chief Charles Moose).

So, highly unlikely in this case, but sometimes that is how LE works...

In that case they said directly that they received contact from the suspect and were responding to his demands. In this case the poster is speculating based on no evidence that the FBI thinks the number "100" is significant and is asking for 100 volunteers due to that number being mystical. I have worked on enough DOJ investigations that I know they do not do this <modsnip - sarcastic/mocking>

Last edited by a moderator:
You are thinking of trail cams. They are usually placed around eye level to the wildlife or even lower to capture the location's activity level. Shutter is motion activated and most have a card that you can eject and put right in your computer to see images instantly. They usually have a strap that makes it easy to attach it temporarily to a tree or other post-type structure but you can rig it up a lot of different ways. I did see a local resident interviewed on tv saying that they had checked all of theirs at the request of LE. I would assume that many have done the same thing.

I'll also add this...many people who live in rural areas have security systems. Not just in their homes...but all over their property.Our systems includes cameras, lights , and alarms that ring both outside and in our home. If some kid chases a deer onto my property in the middle of the night, I know it.

Can anyone update me on anything new for the last two days. I had a 10 1/2 hr flight yesterday and now starting vacation for two weeks. TIA
I’m going to try and keep up now.

On thread#6 page7 here:

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Poster dotinthedesert made a very unique observation from the LE log about Ontonagon County, Michigan:

[117 - 10/15/2018 12:13:39] FAXED
PRESS RELEASE AND INFORMATION TO ONTONAGON COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPT, ADV 308 WOULD BE CONTACT PERSON FOR BNSO.

This was 11 hours after LE became involved. The post received many Likes, but I didn't see any responses.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why that specific county was mentioned?

I'll also add this...many people who live in rural areas have security systems. Not just in their homes...but all over their property.Our systems includes cameras, lights , and alarms that ring both outside and in our home. If some kid chases a deer onto my property in the middle of the night, I know it.
Where have you been. Missed your posts. Great sluethers always ride the coat tails of better sluethers. Glad to see you here. :)

I thought the police said multiple bullet casings were found at the scene?

They wouldnt decribe them as bullet casings if they were actually shotgun shell casings I wouldnt think.

I have never seen the police say bullet casings when talking about shotgun shell casings. LE can be anal at times about using specific words about shell casings vs. bullet casings since they legally mean two different things in the criminal justice system.

Jmo

I agree, but that's not precise language I've seen. The words used in the 911 dispatch log were "multiple rounds spent".
[118 - 10/15/2018 01:04:17] 325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED.
Link: 911 dispatch log: Call made from Denise's cell phone, door kicked in

For what it's worth, I'm a firearms instructor with thousands of hours range time including with leo's and it's not uncommon to refer to both spent shot shell and/or brass casings as "spent rounds".

On thread#6 page7 here:

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Poster dotinthedesert made a very unique observation from the LE log about Ontonagon County, Michigan:

PRESS RELEASE AND INFORMATION TO ONTONAGON COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPT, ADV 308 WOULD BE CONTACT PERSON FOR BNSO.

This was 11 hours after LE became involved. The post received many Likes, but I didn't see any responses.

Quite possibly that there are relatives that live in that area or there is some other known connection with the Closs' there such as a place they vacationed and/or visited relatively often.

I know I commented early on the 911 call log when it came out and brought up this county being mentioned and I wondered at the time if that was where the profile photo on Jayme's FB page was taken which with the rocks and water appears it might somewhere along Lake Superior and Ontonagon County has a border with Lake Superior. For those that haven't looked it up Ontonagon County MI is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Also respectfully....this isn't how I intended the comment. Early this morning I thought it was cool that we were finally allowed to use that source. We have spent much of today analyzing how loosely they attribute their sources. I decided that I would be very cautious to quote from this source. Now I see people quoting and quoting all the things we find questionable and unsubstantiated just because they can and then they point out the discrepancies and how questionable the sources are. But, in the end, it just means those 'ahem' facts have been repeated over and over again on Websleuths. I just hate to see us take this forum down that road. My point is that if you have to point out that even you think it is not credible....maybe you shouldn't post it on Websleuths.

Thank you pinkfly.
I understand your post now.
We are all on the same side!
I too was encouraged that we had a new source to use, but as the day has gone on and more items were being quoted from that source, I began to question it. I am trying to keep an open mind, and want some of what I read there to be true, but personally will refrain from citing that source myself in any of my posts.

On thread#6 page7 here:

Good question. Perhaps one of the family members, or perhaps JC/Dad himself owned property up there, such as a cabin or vacation home (we don't know if this is the case, and thus is my own pure speculation only).

If so, that could be a reason that LE would want to notify the county in which property was located, as perpetrator(s) could possibly flee there. Jmo

Last edited:
I feel it was two people who came in. Maybe even a couple man/girlfriend. Killed, stole Jayme, and took off. Who were unknown to the family, at least the male. Just my two cents.

Edited to add the consideration it could be a couple.

Last edited:
Respectfully, I disagree.
While this source can be an approved link by the administrators here, I believe Tricia herself would fully endorse each of us using our own judgement to decide if we find their reporting to be credible or not.
EXACTLY COCOCHANEL!

The reason I decided to let members use Radar online as a media source is they are the ones actually getting the interviews. The regular mainstream media has little to nothing.

The reason why Radar gets the info is that the site pays for their stories. I have found their stories to be true more often than not.

However, I will leave it up to each of you to decide if you feel what Radar reports on is accurate. Just like you can do with any other source we allow.

Also, by allowing Radar online, I am hoping we will see less arguing among your fellow posters and more sleuthing and discussion of the information.

Any source can be wrong. Always remember that.

Thanks,
Tricia

"Closs" is a German surname. Also, Germans make up 43% of the population of Wisconsin. (Between the 1840s and early 1900s, many Germans settled inWisconsin -- they liked the land and the climate). It's possible that JC spoke German. MOO
Closs Name Meaning, Family History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
<modsnip - remove duplicate quote>

You’re commenting to a German (and Polish ancestry!) from WI. Most people are not many speak it now, it got buried in our ancestry although the love of Polka, Brats and Beer are still quite keen. :) Yes, it’s possible that he did speak German. Moto Reinhard originates in Switzerland and German is one of their three official languages. That’s where I was going w/German.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for that source, what’s the bit about a search at Almena Trailer Court? I assume the true name is Almena Mobile Home Park.

I wonder why the dispatcher was unable to leave a voicemail. Mailbox full? If so, why? The landline being disconnected also makes me wonder if they were being harassed.

May have disconnected it b/c they all had cells, or, the assailant(s) could have cut the chord that night, from the outside. If Mom didn't set up her VM, (firsthand experience), or if her VM was full, you can't leave a vm (again, firsthand experience).

May have disconnected it b/c they all had cells, or, the assailant(s) could have cut the chord that night, from the outside. If Mom didn't set up her VM, (firsthand experience), or if her VM was full, you can't leave a vm (again, firsthand experience).
Yeah. As for the landline being “disconnected,” I take that to mean that they cancelled their provider.

Landlines are becoming a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli