AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the neighbors house. Google plots to the wrong house unless you put it in as a Hwy 8 address instead of 13 1/2 Ave address. We don't know why, but it's led to some posters considering a "wrong house" theory.

ETA: Sorry for repeat info-- I see others answered already. I swear you all are speed readers and speed typists. Lol. I'll never catch up. :oops:
LE must know this. So, is LE going to the "wrong house" with questions?

I keep thinking the same thing about the reference to a possible suicide. I am wondering if ‘suicide’ or a threat to kill oneself was heard during the yelling in the background of the 911 call.
The call was initially categorized as a 911 Hangup call. If dispatchers had known that it was a possible suicide call they would have categorized it that way. The change in category wasn't made until the first officer to speak to 911 dispatch from the scene advised that.

I genuinely don’t think it’s related. I have this same issue with my house on Google maps, and have encountered it many times before when searching for a particular location.

I think it’s just a coincidence.

OK, thanks. I was going by an experience DH and I had in the past in which he wanted to show me on Google maps how isolated the AFB was where he was working for a short time. I saw the AFB and bookmarked the site. Once he and his team got there and the testing they do began, the site had a big black pixelated area. It had become " off limits" which isn't the same thing as " moving", I know, but he said it was deliberately done afterwards.
I guess the military bases are different than civilian private residences, whether a crime has been committed in the past week or not.

I've never had any issues finding the house I was wanting to see. I guess there are variables in the map/ GPS reliability. :)

I can try.

One thing we have to keep in mind from the 911 call log is that different pieces of the earliest information came from three different officers on scene within two minutes. These are the three officers initially dispatched to the 911 hangup call.

The three officers dispatched are mentioned in the second entry of the call log.
(I am using this call log reference - 911 logs from night of homicide in Barron County, call made from Denise’s phone)

PINGED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. ADVISED 317, 325, & 329.

1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.

1:03 PAGED 501 & 1ST RESPONDERS.

1:04 329 REQUESTED TO HAVE EMS STAGE. PAGED EMS FOR AN APPARENT SUICIDE.

[118 – 10/15/2018 01:04:17] 325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED.

[115 – 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.

SENT ERT PAGE.

Each officer was doing slightly different things and 329 seems to be the first in or the first to speak to 911 but didn't make any mention of a male down or door kicked in. The only way 329 could even ascertain a possible suicide attempt is if he could see the person or perhaps significant amounts of blood. But 329 doesn't mention specifics other than a working assumption of the situation. His requests from there to have EMS Stage out is typical protocol in such situations to make sure the scene is safe/secured for EMS to get to the patient. Officer 325 adds the detail of a male being down and indicates spent rounds. Clearly, he has to have seen both the body and the rounds.

The pertinent part to your questions comes stems from what 317 told the 911 dispatch. He first requests the Emergency Response Team. Then mentions the door has been kicked in. This leaves the open question of whether or not the door had already been kicked in when they got there or whether law enforcement forced that door. He advises that the male who is down answered the door. That could be taken to me that the male opened the door, however, that would contradict it being kicked in and what the Sheriff saying earlier and throughout the week that both the mother and father were already deceased when officers arrived on scene. So it is more likely 317's working assumption based on where Jayme's father's body was in relation to the door, its position i.e. which direction his head or feet were, etc. And finally, 317 advises that it is unknown if anyone is missing. It is unclear whether or not the 3 officers dispatched were made aware that the call came from Denise's phone (or more likely told the call trace comes back to a Denise Closs) but if they were they should have known that there should be a Denise somewhere in the house or nearby if she had fled but they had not yet gone through the house to clear it. It would be obvious that there was a child that lived in the house and they would have discovered that during the clearing operation. And the drone request a little later on was either because they thought the shooter may still be nearby or they were already aware a child was not accounted for.

What isn't clear is whether 329 had entered the house at the time of his initial advisement to the 911 dispatcher or was observing from outside before entering. Law enforcement doesn't just charge into an unknown situation because there could be an ambush or an armed person so I expect that the first officers would have attempted to get a visual of what was going on in the house before entering. One of them may have gone to the other door off the deck on the right-hand (east) side of the house or looked through any windows. Probably did so, more likely than not.

None of the officers per the 911 call log indicate the position of the male body only the interpretation that the "male had answered the door".

The Sheriff had previously said ...
(I am using a WEAU source because they have one page with all of their previous stories on it all as one page)
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

The Sheriff is speaking about this later in the same day this happened. This could be only his interpretation at the time or he may have had a very good understanding of what officers had seen upon arrival from talking with them and debriefing them. But he is clearly saying the door was already open when officers arrived. This would seem to indicate that the door must have been kicked in prior to officers arriving. The 911 call log isn't out yet so we don't yet know of the door being kicked in though analysis of photos and screenshots/frame from media video indicate some damage to the door jamb and the boarding up of the lower part of the door area.

Today a reporter apparently spoke or e-mailed or chatted with the Sheriff regarding the the door.
Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

In the story we are told ...

And, just like that, the Sheriff muddied the waters. Reading the call log, it is entirely possible that any of the officers could have kicked in the door but whether they did or not is unknown. If they did, it calls into question previous statements made by the Sheriff. If they didn't then why not simply say so.

Don't know if this helped.
Excellent. Thank you!

Yeah. If there is this type of communication, by the Feds or other entities, it is generally because then perpetrators have directed this communication.

The LE press conferences in the BTK case, were designed specifically to communicate with him. They also used personal ads to communicate, as he requested they do.

This isn’t the type of crime where I would expect any communication whatsoever from the perpetrator, which would mean no communication on the part of LE as a result.
Agree

I can try.

One thing we have to keep in mind from the 911 call log is that different pieces of the earliest information came from three different officers on scene within two minutes. These are the three officers initially dispatched to the 911 hangup call.

The three officers dispatched are mentioned in the second entry of the call log.
(I am using this call log reference - 911 logs from night of homicide in Barron County, call made from Denise’s phone)

1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.

[118 – 10/15/2018 01:04:17] 325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED.

[115 – 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.

SENT ERT PAGE.

Each officer was doing slightly different things and 329 seems to be the first in or the first to speak to 911 but didn't make any mention of a male down or door kicked in. The only way 329 could even ascertain a possible suicide attempt is if he could see the person or perhaps significant amounts of blood. But 329 doesn't mention specifics other than a working assumption of the situation. His requests from there to have EMS Stage out is typical protocol in such situations to make sure the scene is safe/secured for EMS to get to the patient. Officer 325 adds the detail of a male being down and indicates spent rounds. Clearly, he has to have seen both the body and the rounds.

The pertinent part to your questions comes stems from what 317 told the 911 dispatch. He first requests the Emergency Response Team. Then mentions the door has been kicked in. This leaves the open question of whether or not the door had already been kicked in when they got there or whether law enforcement forced that door. He advises that the male who is down answered the door. That could be taken to me that the male opened the door, however, that would contradict it being kicked in and what the Sheriff saying earlier and throughout the week that both the mother and father were already deceased when officers arrived on scene. So it is more likely 317's working assumption based on where Jayme's father's body was in relation to the door, its position i.e. which direction his head or feet were, etc. And finally, 317 advises that it is unknown if anyone is missing. It is unclear whether or not the 3 officers dispatched were made aware that the call came from Denise's phone (or more likely told the call trace comes back to a Denise Closs) but if they were they should have known that there should be a Denise somewhere in the house or nearby if she had fled but they had not yet gone through the house to clear it. It would be obvious that there was a child that lived in the house and they would have discovered that during the clearing operation. And the drone request a little later on was either because they thought the shooter may still be nearby or they were already aware a child was not accounted for.

What isn't clear is whether 329 had entered the house at the time of his initial advisement to the 911 dispatcher or was observing from outside before entering. Law enforcement doesn't just charge into an unknown situation because there could be an ambush or an armed person so I expect that the first officers would have attempted to get a visual of what was going on in the house before entering. One of them may have gone to the other door off the deck on the right-hand (east) side of the house or looked through any windows. Probably did so, more likely than not.

None of the officers per the 911 call log indicate the position of the male body only the interpretation that the "male had answered the door".

(I am using a WEAU source because they have one page with all of their previous stories on it all as one page)

The Sheriff is speaking about this later in the same day this happened. This could be only his interpretation at the time or he may have had a very good understanding of what officers had seen upon arrival from talking with them and debriefing them. But he is clearly saying the door was already open when officers arrived. This would seem to indicate that the door must have been kicked in prior to officers arriving. The 911 call log isn't out yet so we don't yet know of the door being kicked in though analysis of photos and screenshots/frame from media video indicate some damage to the door jamb and the boarding up of the lower part of the door area.

Today a reporter apparently spoke or e-mailed or chatted with the Sheriff regarding the the door.

And, just like that, the Sheriff muddied the waters. Reading the call log, it is entirely possible that any of the officers could have kicked in the door but whether they did or not is unknown. If they did, it calls into question previous statements made by the Sheriff. If they didn't then why not simply say so.

I doubt LE kicked in the door, because I doubt the door was locked, since it would have to have been locked from the outside with a key, and why would they bother, and unless they made Jayme lock it, it was probably open and kicked in by the kidnapper/s

I can try.

SENT ERT PAGE.

Wow, thanks for all that! So it would appear that neither the statement about the door being kicked in and whether or not Jamye was specifically targeted is verified at this point.

Paul Blume on Twitter
#FindJaymeCloss Being sold to raise $$$ for the Closs family.

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") center top repeat-x rgb(245, 209, 161); border-radius: 5px;">

• bracelet.jpg
    File size:
    107.8 KB
    Views:

• bracelet2.jpg
    File size:
    113.5 KB
    Views:
Thanks for posting!
The harm humans perpetrate never fails to horrify me.
Then all the GOOD, decent people come out to try to help.
These events show that there are so many caring, good folks out there and it restores my hope for humanity's future.

Hold on, the "wrong house" theory is backwards and this is significant. We know the assailant(s) ended up at the Closs residence, but we know they didn't enter that address into a gps to get there. That's going to mean that either the assailant(s) were familiar with the house (maybe been there before), or got specific directions from somebody that knows the gps will take you to the wrong address.

You're right. It would have to be quite the roundabout coincidence. The more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems.

I think the car probably was heading away from town but I would have expected another motorist driving on that highway to notice a car that was likely speeding and possibly driving erratically if there was someone in the car desperately to escape. Would he maybe have put her in the trunk so that no one would see her in the vehicle?

IMO if it was a planned kidnapping there’s a good chance there were two people involved because of how fast they were able to get her into the car and seemingly disappear with her in the 4 minute period between the 911 call and the police arriving.
Unless they initially fled on foot to nearby car off of that road or hopped the train.

BBM.
Interesting theory.
I thought LE would just cordon off the crime scene and have security monitor the perimeter if necessary?
I mean why change map coordinates when the Closs address is known to the whole community?
MOO, I'm just curious as this case is very odd.

If they are having traffic issues and their work beyond the house is compromised, I thought it might be a valid reason to change the GPS coordinates temporarily. Also, if they think they are going to need those neighbor witnesses to gunshots, they might not want them to be disgruntled about the gawkers in their driveway either. I guess I was wrong about what LE will do.. I know the FBI will do extraordinary things for witnesses and victims. :)

It looks like there is a deck on the side of the house so maybe the master bedroom had a door onto the deck. Wonder if it was kind of like an ambush where 1 perp was coming through the front, another through that side door (if there is) and another through the garage. Has anyone seen any activity from le in the garage or side of the house?

They were on the deck or near the deck in several videos. Haven't seen any videos where they were in the area of the garage.

we have a home up there and we just have a wood door. we do not have a steel door on that house but the other home we have is a steel door.
our upnorth one could easily be kicked in

Is your door solid thick wood like the Closs door is? The wood would break like that?

Thank you very much for posting call log...very interesting to see in native form. Terribly sorry if I missed this...has someone mapped where the police station is in perspective to the Closs house in perspective to the casino? TIA
Google Maps

Keep in mind that the Barron County Sheriff's Office handled the call because the Closs home is outside Barron city limits. Barron city has its own separate police department.

Did you read the article that I was referring to? I thought he had already passed to but the way they worded it sounded like he wasnt.
"By 1:11 a.m., some five minutes after a wounded James Closs answered the door, according to the log, officers indicated both James and Denise were down and unresponsive."
I believe this article is not an accurate report of the logs. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member