AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it never made sense to me why they would tell the neighbor such important info like that.
Yeah, I wouldn't know. Perhaps it's an inexperienced officer or an officer that isn't used to a case quite like this. It could always be made up by the neighbor, even though that seems oddly specific and pretty lurid. I know from growing up in a similar area that our officers weren't that savvy and they often spent time with locals just talking about cases in the area. There are tons of possibilities, especially with officers who aren't accustomed to crimes like this.

<modsnip - alluding to further info> I have no evidence these two events are related so I am not sure it would be reasonable to post on this forum. It is just an odd coincidence that the timing, behavior, and proximity match.

I appreciate your discretion. I was mainly wondering if we had a thread here because we have been working on some other ones.

Last edited:
Hi! So I have been following a gut instinct of mine but really need some advice. I just read earlier posts where LE and such feels she is alive. I have been watching the Barron County as well as neighboring town jail logs. I ran a few reports and (I won't share cause the guy is innocent until proven otherwise).. and feel strongly he may know something. He is being held from another county in Barron. If they hold someone on say a probation violation... wouldn't three days give LE to decide if he knows more? If they think Jayme is alive, would they arrest someone on anything they could and hold him? Wouldn't LE want to use surveillance instead of locking someone up on a trumped up charge? I guess I am doubting my own gut and wanted your opinion.

Thanks so much

Well I don’t know that it would help to solve the case but three things I’d like to know:

1. What evidence do they have that proves she’s in danger (or not involved)?
2. The evidence that proves she was there?
3. What made it a ‘horrific’ crime scene that the responders will have trouble getting over ? (Had to be more than a couple gunshot wounds.)

Question 3 reminds of similar discussions in Abby’s and Libby’s case (“these are the things that nightmares are made of” - source Inside Edition iirc).

Perhaps just coming upon a double homicide is “horrific” in itself.

Last edited:
Well I don’t know that it would help to solve the case but three things I’d like to know:

1. What evidence do they have that proves she’s in danger (or not involved)?
2. The evidence that proves she was there?
3. What made it a ‘horrific’ crime scene that the responders will have trouble getting over ? (Had to be more than a couple gunshot wounds.)

Good questions. The "horrific" part of the crime scene might be the emotional/psychological effects, more than the physical. Some of them might have known these people. jmo

Hi! So I have been following a gut instinct of mine but really need some advice. I just read earlier posts where LE and such feels she is alive. I have been watching the Barron County as well as neighboring town jail logs. I ran a few reports and (I won't share cause the guy is innocent until proven otherwise).. and feel strongly he may know something. He is being held from another county in Barron. If they hold someone on say a probation violation... wouldn't three days give LE to decide if he knows more? If they think Jayme is alive, would they arrest someone on anything they could and hold him? Wouldn't LE want to use surveillance instead of locking someone up on a trumped up charge? I guess I am doubting my own gut and wanted your opinion.

Thanks so much
There is a tipline you can call in order to assist LE with info you may have that will help the investigation.
Jayme Closs tipline: 1-855-744-3879
MOO.

As we decide for ourselves if we believe radaronline, I am to question this definitive statement:

“Cops believe Mollie Tibbetts’ abductor attended a vigil for the missing Iowa college student, RadarOnline.com learned exclusively.“

Did this turn out to be the case? I don’t recall hearing this.
i don't recall if they ever said he did or not. I do know that both he and Mollie had acquaintances in common and one such gal reported that she did see him (i think amongst a group of their friends) during the time Mollie was still missing and she made small talk asking him what he thought happened. According to her account he was evasive and didn't want to talk about it and just mumbled something like well they say she went off with someone.

could Be why it took so long to clear the house and find DC ?
Im way back on page 4 working my way up , sorry if it has already be said.
Were they maybe trying to get James stabilized since he was obviously in very dire shape?

Thanks so much
They would have the time to question him and my gut would say that if he's facing time, he may squeal for a deal.

Also, as far as locking people up on trumped up charges, the Sheriff in my county is notorious for it. So, it may always just be a ridiculous force or they may have arrested him to get him to talk.

Were they maybe trying to get James stabilized since he was obviously in very dire shape?
They say James Closs was already dead when deputies arrived:

"Fitzgerald did not say for whom James answered the door. "
So that sounds like it may or may not be that he answered the door for LE.
"He said when the deputies arrived at the house, James was found dead at the door."

How do they know (paraphrasing) “missing girl was in the home at the time of the murders”. ???

It made things harder for them though. Now it's a nationwide hunt for/ a very tiny 13 y/o.

That's the main sticking point I keep coming back to. There are a number of highly trained professional organizations that specialize in the rescue and recovery of missing children. The FBI has dedicated teams, state and regional teams have rapid-response teams, NCMEC has Team Adam of former LE professionals, etc. Taking a child puts a target on your back second only to acts of international terrorism. The possibility of rescuing a live child turns your case from a local homicide to a case of national interest.

The only thing that makes sense to me is the whole purpose was stealing the child. IMO there's only one reason you'd take that risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya