AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious about this 2000 person search. This is from the Sheriff's call for volunteers.
'Two thousand volunteers are needed and should report to the staging area at 1883 Hwy 25, Barron WI, also known as The Hungry Hollow Grounds at the intersection of Hwy 25 and 19th Ave no later than 9:00 a.m. All volunteers must be registered at the staging area in order to participate in the search. Barron County officials will register all volunteers until 9:00 a.m., gates will close promptly at that time. We hope to be completed by 4pm.'

I'm curious about where this would be and is it near the 14 miles previously searched? Why this area???
I believe some posted in this thread and said it is and I estimate, 5-6 miles.

I'm really curious about this 2000 person search. This is from the Sheriff's call for volunteers.
'Two thousand volunteers are needed and should report to the staging area at 1883 Hwy 25, Barron WI, also known as The Hungry Hollow Grounds at the intersection of Hwy 25 and 19th Ave no later than 9:00 a.m. All volunteers must be registered at the staging area in order to participate in the search. Barron County officials will register all volunteers until 9:00 a.m., gates will close promptly at that time. We hope to be completed by 4pm.'

I'm curious about where this would be and is it near the 14 miles previously searched? Why this area???

BBM: No idea why that area. Looks like 7-10 miles from JC house, according to google maps: Google Maps

Hate to ask this, but can someone please give me an update on the latest news ? I've been in bed with a migraine all day and the thought of trying to read back 50+ pages is more than I can bear at the moment. TIA.
OCT 22, 2018 SUMMARY OF PRESS CONFERENCE
  • Choppers in the air today are mapping/gridding area for the search tomorrow, 10/23.
  • Search area based on info investigators have collected.
  • Two vehicles of interest: 1) 2004-2010 Black Acura MDX OR 2006-2010 Black Ford Edge and, 2) 2008-2014 Red or Orange Dodge Challenger
  • They do not know what license plates are on the vehicles.
  • They have not ruled out any scenarios.
  • Surveillance was taken from private homes and businesses. They were able to put together different shots to get those vehicles shown on the placards.
  • Tips led to the search area, can’t provide specific information on tips.
  • Tomorrow, volunteer teams will be led by LE. Other agencies assisting. Anything found will be given to LE who will give to an evidence officer.
  • Won’t comment regarding James at the door of the house.
  • They don’t know exactly what happened in the house.
  • Won’t comment about any witnesses.
  • Can’t assure the community about safety except that no similar crimes have taken place since this one. They do not know motive.
  • There is no gag order on family. Family wants all communication to go through LE. They just want to find Jayme.
2000 volunteers requested for search tomorrow.
UPDATE: Sheriff Fitzgerald announces vehicles of interest in Jayme Closs disappearance

Hope you feel better soon. :)

not sure if it ultimately matters or not, but one thing that's bugging me a little bit is whether or not they were already in bed when this happened. Jayme had school the next day so surely she would've been in bed by 12:30, right? Did James go to the door, and then Jayme and Denise heard the shots and got out of bed? Were all three still awake? Just mom and dad? if so why?
I'll try this again... this site is really having problems. Anyway what I've been trying to post is, another poster found that Jayme's school did not have school on Monday the 13th.

Agreed.

Wish LE could release a bit more info. Frustrating and I hope this doesn't grow cold.

If I were to amateur profile I were topick which of the 2 cars (possibly) belonged to the suspect(s) I’d say Challenger for unplanned, SUV if it was planned.

Wish they mentioned which direction the cars were headed in the videos.

Yes!! The Challengers!
Orange or red car probably may have been in the area/ witness. Or a decoy car, too loud to use in a premeditated murder IMO
Neighbors should have heard it leaving the scene
Maybe they did and it wasn't released.
Black SUV could get in and out easily!
Moo

Based on their investigation they want to search that bigger area. I would be very surprised if they don't have a POI or suspect. They certainly know more than we do. I can't imagine how uneasy the community must be feeling.

Vehicles of interest identified in Jayme Closs search

The Barron County Sheriff's Department is asking for 2,000 volunteers for another citywide search for clues on Tuesday, Oct. 23. Fitzgerald said they've determined they want to search that bigger area based on their investigation.

My guess is that they had this vehicle info long before yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me if they had it 6 days ago. Some info like this they don't want to release because as soon as they do, the suspect knows and ditches that evidence. The suspect could now see that their vehicle info is out there and just dump the vehicle in a ditch to never be seen again. On the flip side, if the police don't reveal the vehicle info to the public but they keep an eye out themselves (ie alerting all officers in the area, or even the country), they might be able to locate the vehicle without spilling the beans.

Releasing info can be risky if the suspect is following the investigation.
I too believe they would have to had prior. I believe the release of possible cars, and
asking for the large # of 2000 searchers is an attempt to scare the perp.
This could certainly make him/them nervous. Gosh, I really wish I could go tomorrow and join in.

IMO if a Dodge Challenger was involved I think there’s certainly a good chance the neighbors could’ve heard it pull in or more likely that they heard it when leaving. I’m a car junkie and even the most basic version of the Challenger has a relatively loud start up sound especially in colder weather and would also be loud if leaving at a high rate of speed more so than 90% of other cars out there.

IMO if a Dodge Challenger was involved I think there’s certainly a good chance the neighbors could’ve heard it pull in or more likely that they heard it when leaving. I’m a car junkie and even the most basic version of the Challenger has a relatively loud start up sound especially in colder weather and would also be loud if leaving at a high rate of speed more so than 90% of other cars out there.
Agree

I wouldn't buy one of those muscle cars for anything.
I inherited a 1968 Chevy Nova. These types of cars are profiled heavily. I was stopped weekly for no good reason and treated like a criminal. I’m as vanilla and squeaky clean as they come. I would never drive another of these types of cars and absolutely not in red or orange.

You know what I think? These cars are a dead end. I think the unsubs took off with Jayme through the woods behind her house.

This presser does not give me much hope. Well, just that I “hope” I’m wrong. Praying for a miracle.
Yesterday we had nothing. Today we have some potential “vehicles of interest.” It’s not everything, but it’s something.

I’ll take what I can get at this point. And who knows, this could lead to a break.

So like when the neighbors that claim to have heard 2 gunshots said it sounded like a car backfiring, it could have been this vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo