AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post :)

If I am looking at this correctly, her middle school is awfully close to the Barron County Justice Center. I wonder if the cross country team runs past it during practice? Someone may have been watching her for a while.

Before the Miami sighting is dismissed, just a thought, the murderer/abductor may have first driven to Miami and then flown back to WI. He or She may have taken Jayme back to Miami on a plane with car waiting at the airport. This however would seem to suggest Jayme was willing to go, otherwise she surely would have made a scene at the airport.

i was going to comment how this was unrealistic, but it just occurred to me that minors don't need ID to fly so i guess it is possible. It seems unlikely because it would be so risky i'm sure everyone that gets on a plane is on camera clearly and the abductor would have had to have records of who he was etc. BUT unless the plans was to bounce directly from wisco to Miami and then out of the country flying like this seems to be taking massive risk for minimum benefit. IMO

Shotgun shells left on a scene can be traced to a specific gun, but it is very difficult to do.
Depends on the age of the shotgun and how many imperfections it may have in it's "rifling" to leave any traceable marks on a casing.
It's not often the choice of the "casual" criminal. Too heavy, too noticeable, too loud.
This is a brazen case for sure.
jmo Chi

If gun is located I think they will be able to know spent shell casings matches the specific shotgun.
Firing pin strikes with each firearm are like fingerprint identifiers and each manufacture also puts their own differing striations marks inside of the barrel.

So wouldn't the killers car have been spotted that night by a passersby if that road is that busy? Thank you in advance.

Due to trees it is difficult to see the house from the road. And there are no street lights:
Google Maps
Google Maps
I'm not sure of the speed limit on HWY 8 but people going 45-55 MPH at night are not going to notice anything going on at the house. Perp could park a car by the house (or even slightly behind the house if paranoid) and not be noticed for hours. JMO.

If I am looking at this correctly, her middle school is awfully close to the Barron County Justice Center. I wonder if the cross country team runs past it during practice? Someone may have been watching her for a while.

This is the exact gut feeling I am having. The center is located less than a mile from the school, so it would be plausible for the team to be running in the area. They also have a hockey arena right next door as well.

:) Welcome to Websleuths, Moonsie! :)
Thank you for joining us. I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question.

And I also don't know if we are sure if it was a shotgun.
Could have been a rifle, for sure.
A .380 rifle is very loud and is often used to hunt deer.
Or the ever-popular choice of many hunters, the .308 Winchester.
I don't hunt, but my family does.
Chi

And I also don't know if we are sure if it was a shotgun.
Could have been a rifle, for sure.
A .380 rifle is very loud and is often used to hunt deer.
Or the ever-popular choice of many hunters, the .308 Winchester.
I don't hunt, but my family does.
Chi

Has it been verified a long gun was used? Tia

A high powered handgun would certainly be heard as well.

Shotgun shells left on a scene can be traced to a specific gun, but it is very difficult to do.
Depends on the age of the shotgun and how many imperfections it may have in it's "rifling" to leave any traceable marks on a casing.
It's not often the choice of the "casual" criminal. Too heavy, too noticeable, too loud.
This is a brazen case for sure.
jmo Chi
And maybe the family's shotgun was used rather than the perp bringing one along to the scene. Might be tough to prove that as well though. jmo

Has it been verified a long gun was used? Tia

A high powered handgun would certainly be heard as well.
I have not seen it verified.
And yes a handgun could easily be heard. A 357 magnum, a 45, even a stock Smith and Wesson .38 is loud enough to be heard.
But it's a distance from her home to the neighbors.
I will wait for the update that I think is going to happen at around 11 this morning their time.
I'm in Memphis so it's 10:25 here.
I agree with your line of thinking.
Chi

And maybe the family's shotgun was used rather than the perp bringing one along to the scene. Might be tough to prove that as well though. jmo
That's also another thought.
IF it was planned, then a weapon would be brought. But people are often spontaneous in picking up a knife or a gun and attacking with it.
Heck I am seriously waiting on the autopsy reports. I hate typing that. :(
I guess my general thought is that if someone comes to a home to kill, they bring a weapon.
Chi

I am most interested to know if the Father was shot in the front or the back. If front it would be safe to assume he was shot when he opened the door. If in the back shooter was inside and perhaps he was attempting to flee??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld