AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if their own shotgun was used LE would have known that early on. They said no weapons were found with the bodies.

So if they took it with them I think some of the parents close family members would know if one of the dad's shotgun is missing and LE would have someone come in the home and verify that after the bodies had been removed.

Since the dad may have been shot point blank when he opened the door to the murderer it makes me think the suspect brought his own weapon with him...imo

Totally planned..imo.
But were there guns in the house? Were they found? If perp took family's guns then he still could have used them and wouldn't it be difficult to trace?

I have not seen it verified.
And yes a handgun could easily be heard. A 357 magnum, a 45, even a stock Smith and Wesson .38 is loud enough to be heard.
But it's a distance from her home to the neighbors.
I will wait for the update that I think is going to happen at around 11 this morning their time.
I'm in Memphis so it's 10:25 here.
I agree with your line of thinking.
Chi

Thank you When I am shooting at targets on a gun range with my .357 magnum or our .44 long magnum it sounds like a cannon going off.

Yes, that is what we have to go by but it for sure doesn't make it true just because LE said so... they keep things from the public to gain. It's expected and tactical.
By announcing her as a victim, they could be just trying to lure her home. If they say she's suspected, she'd run farther than she already may be. That "no public threat" just seemed such an odd thing to say.

By announcing her as a victim, they could be just trying to lure her home. If they say she's suspected, she'd run farther than she already may be. That "no public threat" just seemed such an odd thing to say.

While I am not sure what the actual situation is here, I completely agree with you that this is a viable option, andreww.

from this video you can see the glass this is actually a door. and JUST IMO those ties look more like ties to a seat cushion than restraints. They look like long flat strips of fabric rather than rope (then again why is the chair being taken out idk).

I don't think it looks long enough to be a door, compared to the heighth of the men carrying it ...? A large casement window perhaps.

From the video, a bit blurred:

3F8A21AB-B1CC-4820-ABE2-A0A609A6E239.jpeg

"HELP" was heard on the call & yelling.
Now hearing of two bearded men, it is possible that the yelling was not in English, therefore the 911 Operator could not understand what was said.
I could understand why LE would not release that information to the public.
I won't try to guess what language it was, but that would explain the need to have the call analyzed to figure out what language it was and then have it interpreted.
If she was seen around 3pm yesterday, a plane is the only way she was in Miami 14 hours later.
MOO

I can assure you there would not be an Amber Alert if that were the case. Amber Alerts are taken extremely seriously and there HAS to be a certain criteria even met before they would issue one.

The Google StreetView photos were taken in October 2016 so the leaf coverage is probably similar to today.

I read that both parents worked at Jennie-O Turkey. That is 2.3 miles straight up the road from their house. Had anybody followed them from their workplace (say, an enemy trying to track down their home), they didn't have far to follow and absolutely no turns to make.

There was some sort of sign beside their mailbox. Being October of 2016, I'd guess it was for a political candidate. Oddly, moving way on up the road I found there were very few such signs (my area has tons of them in the run up to a presidential election). The other signs I found did NOT match the one at the house, which could mean it was some sort of advertisement instead. Several businesses had those temporary types (but not matching) stuck out in the grass. Did the victims have some sort of home business? I previously mentioned the similarities to the Jennifer Short murder. That family had a business and the major suspect was angry over a business dealing.

But were there guns in the house? Were they found? If perp took family's guns then he still could have used them and wouldn't it be difficult to trace?

I dont think so Ze. Not any harder to tie back to any murder weapon used no matter if it was from the home or elsewhere.

Although I think the weapon used was brought there by the suspect themselves.

I think they had their own weapon in their hands when her daddy opened the door and firing began immediately. Whoever this is would first eliminate the one he knew would be the strongest to overcome.

Its unbelievably tragic.

Quick question since there are a lot of posts to go through. They say the timelines are off for her to get to Miami that quickly. Are they sure that the parents were killed Sunday night and not earlier? Or should I say, shot earlier and maybe waren't able to crawl to a phone before that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801