Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, we have to consider that many times, because of the stigma attached to the act, suicides sometimes are not reported in media.
The more days without an announcement, the stronger I see the possibility the public might never be informed of LE conclusions about this matter.

For those who think Kathleen was abducted at the gas station - truck stop near where the car was discovered here is some food for thought.

I was using Google Map to travel up and down Hwy 41 looking for traffic cameras and noticed that there is a concrete divider between the north and south bound lanes of Hwy 41 which prohibit motorist traveling south on Hwy 41 from turning into the gas station and this concrete divider also prohibits motorist exiting the gas station from turning south. So basically only motorist traveling north can use the gas station and when exiting the gas station have to continue north on Hwy 41 when leaving the station.

Since Kathleen would have likely been traveling south she wouldn't have been able to enter the gas station unless she made a U-turn at the Stearns School Rd intersection and then would have had to travel far north to turn around and travel south again to get back to where the car was found. I highly doubt Kathleen was ever at that gas station.

JMO

There are no cameras at the Stearns School Rd intersection.

There are however two cameras to the south of this intersection.

One mounted on a pole overlooking a little pull off area on the north bound lanes just in front of the former Motel.

There is another camera at the intersection of Hwy 41 and North Riverside Dr. This camera is mounted high up on one of the light poles.

I don't think either of these camera's would have been useful since Kathleen likely didn't travel any further south on Hwy 41 that were the car was found.

Gurnee Mills Mall is huge and perhaps she built in the extra time by leaving her home at noon to let her stop in at the mall and shop. It is a straight line down Stearns School Rd back to 41 south and straight across the intersection and up the driveway to where the burning car was found.
I wonder if the electronic surveillance that LE has referenced that they still have to do is from all around the mall, inside and out.
She most likely was not heading north on 41 to make a right hand turn into the driveway.
She most likely would not have seen the driveway coming south on 41 to turn left into the driveway.
But, she may have come down Stearns School Rd. stopped for the light and then just went straight across up the driveway and out of sight.
But, I believe she was not doing the driving. MOO.

ZR doesn’t assert or eliminate any scenario. In fact that is noticeably absent. He said they have nothing.

Towards the end he mentions the length of the investigation and sort of trails off as he says that gives him hope there will be information if someone did it to her. He didn’t sound too confident about that aspect.

She had already purchased gifts/items that she was bringing and showed them in an earlier communication.

He says she drove off her expected route. [but how would he know unless a camera caught her driving or LE told him]

He says she did not like to drive but would follow GPS instructions for a short cut.

He never indicates that there is a vehicle, person, or a location of interest.

He doesn’t know where she was from when she was last seen to the car discovery.

Kathleen’s regular GPS route on February 2, 2019 would have likely taken her on I-94 from S. Milwaukee through Racine and Kenosha before crossing into Illinois. Just about that entire stretch has been under construction since 2018. Kathleen’s son mentioned that she didn’t really like to drive and if that’s the case, driving through that construction zone would have been nerve racking (because it is, I’ve driven it!). The lanes have been narrowed down to two and there are cement barricades at each shoulder so it’s claustrophobic and not for the faint hearted, especially when dealing with semi trucks and heavy bumper to bumper traffic.

That particular Saturday was an unexpected warm-up, a reprieve from the sub-zero polar vortex which had gripped the upper Midwest.

Edit to add . . . I imagine that traffic was very heavy that day. (Trying to find a site that provides historical traffic info, no luck so far). I’m wondering if Kathleen exited I-94 to escape the traffic / find a different route ?

This gives a feel for the project and what the lanes look like . . . https://projects.511wi.gov/fdr/wp-content/uploads/sites/407/180712PIM.pdf

ZR doesn’t assert or eliminate any scenario. In fact that is noticeably absent. He said they have nothing.

Towards the end he mentions the length of the investigation and sort of trails off as he says that gives him hope there will be information if someone did it to her. He didn’t sound too confident about that aspect.

She had already purchased gifts/items that she was bringing and showed them in an earlier communication.

He says she drove off her expected route. [but how would he know unless a camera caught her driving or LE told him]

He says she did not like to drive but would follow GPS instructions for a short cut.

He never indicates that there is a vehicle, person, or a location of interest.

He doesn’t know where she was from when she was last seen to the car discovery.
He said his mother used GPS and her usual route was the Interstate. That's why they looked for her on the Interstate before they reported her missing. Where she was found would not have been a short-cut.

I think he may have been asked by LE to refrain from anything too specific.

JMO

chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/03/04/17-year-old-connor-kerner-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder-of-indiana-teenagers-thomas-grill-molley-lanham-in-drug-deal-gone-bad/
Kerner allegedly told the informant “he had done this before and knew how to cover up a murder and get away with it,” according to court documents.

This caught my eye because of the similarity of burning a car to eliminate evidence. Also, it is in the NW part of Indiana about one and half hours from where her car was found.
I am NOT insinuating that she had anything to do with drugs etc. but I wonder where he went to get the drugs he was selling to the victim. Could they both have been at the Gurnee Mills Mall at the same time? Dates of both incidences would allow it.
MOO MOO MOO

There's MSM saying Ryan was at Gurnee Mills Mall? If not....
Wow and these malls are where I read about one abduction of a woman last year and one where the guy took her car without her and these are probably one of many, both in broad daylight too. Women are vulnerable in these mall parking lots.

He said his mother used GPS and her usual route was the Interstate. That's why they looked for her on the Interstate before they reported her missing. Where she was found would not have been a short-cut.

I think he may have been asked by LE to refrain from anything too specific.

JMO

We have no idea of her plans for a possible side trip whether planned or impulsive so we really don’t know that it was not a short cut to her destination.

At any rate the driving information was not in connection to any kind of theory regarding short cuts or not and especially not in my post; just thought it interesting.

ZR said she didn’t like driving and went on some about how she uses GPS faithfully even for short easy trips.

I thought his comments personalized her and were poignant. Fine young man, it seems.

He also said KR was from a large family, 6 girls and 1 boy; again no theory presented or assumed just another sad bit.

It’s unlikely that he would seek out a radio interview if LE told him not to say anything much.

Really that makes no sense he could have just not solicited the interview in the first place.

He wasn’t hiding anything he was very open and forthcoming that they had no idea.

ZR gave no information what so ever about the case non specific or otherwise as he said he had none.

Wow and these malls are where I read about one abduction of a woman last year and one where the guy took her car without her and these are probably one of many, both in broad daylight too. Women are vulnerable in these mall parking lots.
I was asking if we know officially KR was at this mall; I am not saying she was, sorry for confusion if it read that way.

Actually, we don't know where she was from noon until ten o'clock pm on Saturday. I was speculating that the Gurnee Mills Mall was not out of her way in any sense of the word, she loved to shop for her grandchildren and since it was on the way and she had the time built into her trip perhaps she had stopped there. It also satisfied me as to how that particularly obscure driveway at the big intersection only a few miles from the mall would be a final destination.
When the perp in the article said he had done it before and knew how to do it to cover a crime, it just clicked with me. And, I wondered if LE was looking into any connection.
Nothing more, nothing less.
MOO MOO MOO MOO

I read that in the radio interview ZR said Kathleen had already purchased gifts prior to departing home.

What need would Kathleen have had to go shopping at the mall if she already had gifts? I doubt she would have traveled out of her way to go to a strange mall, when she didn't like traveling in the first place. If she was going shopping she would have most likely done that in an area familiar to her.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member