GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you go to the about page on Brianna's facebook there is a women listed with the initials KS recently married

Authorities in Iowa say they have searched a woman's car in connection to the Town of Beloit missing baby case, but the infant has not been found.

Police in West Branch, Iowa say the woman flagged an officer down around 5:30 this morning while at a gas station.

The woman was on the phone with another law enforcement agency. West Branch Police would not confirm the name of the other agency with NBC15.

The woman handed the cell phone to the West Branch Officer, who spoke to someone with the other agency. After the two officers spoke, the woman gave the West Branch Officer permission to search her car for a missing baby. He did not find any evidence in the case.

The officer ran the woman's name and arrested her in connection with an unrelated, outstanding warrant in a different state.

www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-243962711.html

Okay, this all makes more sense now.
LE likely called her to see if she knew where the baby was since she had left the scene.
She consented to a search. They did not find the baby.

They found a warrant and arrested her.
This was at 5:30am so she was making appropriate time from Beloit.

I feel much better about this scenario now and I am doubting her involvement.

Authorities in Iowa say they have searched a woman's car in connection to the Town of Beloit missing baby case, but the infant has not been found.

Police in West Branch, Iowa say the woman flagged an officer down around 5:30 this morning while at a gas station.

The woman was on the phone with another law enforcement agency. West Branch Police would not confirm the name of the other agency with NBC15.

The woman handed the cell phone to the West Branch Officer, who spoke to someone with the other agency. After the two officers spoke, the woman gave the West Branch Officer permission to search her car for a missing baby. He did not find any evidence in the case.

The officer ran the woman's name and arrested her in connection with an unrelated, outstanding warrant in a different state.

www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-243962711.html

Okay, this all makes more sense now.
LE likely called her to see if she knew where the baby was since she had left the scene.
She consented to a search. They did not find the baby.

They found a warrant and arrested her.
This was at 5:30am so she was making appropriate time from Beloit.

I feel much better about this scenario now and I am doubting her involvement.

Was it mentioned somewhere that she was in the house the night the baby disappeared?

I thought originally it was a BROTHER and his friend?

So it sounds like the sister was arrested ' in connection' with the case only because she is related to the mom and happened to have a warrant at the time they questioned/ searched her? But not necessarily ' connected' to the missing baby ?

I think she was "connected" because she left the scene within a few hours of the reported disappearance.
They had to make sure she didn't just take the baby with her when she left. :twocents:

Copp also confirms articles of baby clothing were with Smith, but Kayden was not. He says FBI agents are en route to Iowa to speak with Smith.

Which is right...clothes found or not?

Copp also confirms articles of baby clothing were with Smith, but Kayden was not. He says FBI agents are en route to Iowa to speak with Smith.

Which is right...clothes found or not?

This bothers me. Was it new clothes? Used Clothes? The clothes he was wearing? Why did she have clothes?

Could be jealousy issues. Could have taken the baby to hurt her sister - you never know. MO

Town of Beloit Police Chief Steve Copp confirms Smith told authorities about the plan to move to Colorado with Marshall, Bruce Powell and young Kayden Powell.

Copp also confirms articles of baby clothing were with Smith, but Kayden was not.[/B] He says FBI agents are en route to Iowa to speak with Smith.

Chief Copp confirms Kristin Smith left the Town of Beloit home where Marshall, Bruce Powell and Kayden Powell were staying in the early hours of Thursday morning, before the parents reported Kayden missing.

http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2014/02/06/town-of-beloit-police-search-for-missing-5-day-old-boy

So she is talking if she confirmed the possible move? What is she talking about?
She left Wisconsin to return to Colorado and they arrested her in Iowa without Kayden...
I so hope she didn't take him and if she did I hope she has accomplices! :please:

<snipped for space>

BBM

In the video with Police Chief Copp he states that the when they asked KS about the baby clothes in the car it was "explained" that with Kayden his mother and father moving to Colorado she had taken them. Interesting that the initial contact with her was via phone. They asked where she was and she said somewhere in Iowa. They asked her to exit the highway were they would have LE meet her. Why didn't they just pull her over without warning that they needed to talk to her?

<snipped for space>

BBM

In the video with Police Chief Copp he states that the when they asked KS about the baby clothes in the car it was "explained" that with Kayden his mother and father moving to Colorado she had taken them. Interesting that the initial contact with her was via phone. They asked where she was and she said somewhere in Iowa. They asked her to exit the highway were they would have LE meet her. Why didn't they just pull her over without warning that they needed to talk to her?

Should be easy to confirm if this was true. Seems really strange that A) she would pick up the phone if she was fleeing. B) that they would warn her they were coming and give her time to disgard evidence.

Chief Copp confirms Kristin Smith left the Town of Beloit home where Marshall, Bruce Powell and Kayden Powell were staying in the early hours of Thursday morning, before the parents reported Kayden missing.

http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2014/02/06/town-of-beloit-police-search-for-missing-5-day-old-boy

So I wonder if that means there was a second relative that they had at the police station that they were questioning?

This is from the first article this morning.

A friend of the family and a relative who were at the home the night before are being questioned at the police station,

http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2...-4-day-old-boy

<snipped for space>

BBM

My guess: They didn't know where she was, so they couldn't pull her over.

http://www.wqow.com/story/24651483/2014/02/06/4-day-old-infant-missing-in-wisconsin

The Police Chief says that she was cooperative and everything... so she didn't act guilty.

The Police Chief said "The plan was for Kayden and his mother and his father to move to Colorado."

Kristin HAD planned to leave early in the morning, that was not a surprise.
Chief doesn't believe the plan for the family to move was imminent.

So it sounds like the plan to move came from more than just this arrested woman.
If they really were planning on moving then she may have taken like the 6-12 month clothes with her.

I would be interested to know when they were moving and what size and quantity of clothes she had.
:twocents:

Thank you for the link!

That still makes me wonder who the friend and other relative were that were at the police station this morning?

Mother, father, brother of the mother and a great grandmother in the home when he disappeared.
I think one was just reported incorrectly as a friend of the family. :twocents:

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-243962711.html

Town of Beloit Police say they have no suspects right now as they search for a baby that went missing from a local home.

Police say they have interviewed eight people in this case. All of those interviewed were known to be in the house within 12 hours of the time the 5-day-old baby was reported missing.

One of those people was Kristen Smith, the woman who was arrested around 5:30 this morning in Iowa. She is not a suspect in the case.

Police say all eight people they have interviewed have been cooperative.
There were four at the home when the baby was reported missing: the mother, father, a brother of the mother and a great grandmother.

There was no forced entry into the home. Police say this is still an active search.

HAPPENING NOW: Police arrest person of interest in missing baby, arrest made in Iowa

Family members tell 27 News the woman arrested presented herself to them as the child's mother's sister on the mother's father's side.
http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2014/02/06/town-of-beloit-police-search-for-missing-4-day-old-boy

Awh, the dear, long-lost relative from the family tree shaped like a pretzel.

If she had to introduce herself, then did no one know her prior to this?

Awh, the dear, long-lost relative from the family tree shaped like a pretzel.

If she had to introduce herself, then did no one know her prior to this?

I have 2 half sisters that my DH's family has never met and my mother's family doesn't know either.
Only my father's side of the family is familiar with them.
To either my mother's family or my in-laws they would have to be introduced.

We don't know which "family" she presented herself to.
She is not a suspect as linked above.

Mother, father, brother of the mother and a great grandmother in the home when he disappeared.
I think one was just reported incorrectly as a friend of the family. :twocents:

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-243962711.html

Town of Beloit Police say they have no suspects right now as they search for a baby that went missing from a local home.

Police say they have interviewed eight people in this case. All of those interviewed were known to be in the house within 12 hours of the time the 5-day-old baby was reported missing.

One of those people was Kristen Smith, the woman who was arrested around 5:30 this morning in Iowa. She is not a suspect in the case.

Police say all eight people they have interviewed have been cooperative.
There were four at the home when the baby was reported missing: the mother, father, a brother of the mother and a great grandmother.

There was no forced entry into the home. Police say this is still an active search.

Someone in that house knows something :banghead:

Well, the timing is suspect to me. Seems to be such a weird coincidence. Did she accidentally leave the door open when she left the home?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back