WI WI - Kayla Berg, 15, Wausau, 11 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just saw this story on ID-- My bet is on Kevin having something to do with her disappearance- I mean- he was the last one to see her and gives a cockamamee story about dropping her off and not watching her go in the house. yeah right. Just my 2 cents. I would hope the police continue to investigate this case and Kevin.

Just saw this story on ID-- My bet is on Kevin having something to do with her disappearance- I mean- he was the last one to see her and gives a cockamamee story about dropping her off and not watching her go in the house. yeah right. Just my 2 cents. I would hope the police continue to investigate this case and Kevin.
There's so much woods where this took place. I think Kayla is buried somewhere in the woods possibly further up north. I think that's where they would have driven to hide a body.

Do you have an opinion as to who may have murdered her?

Do you have an opinion as to who may have murdered her?

There is no doubt in my mind the last person to see her has all the answers. I think his story about dropping Kayla off at the Wausau home that went into foreclosure months prior tells me he probably took Kayla's body in the opposite direction—further up north. There's places in northern Wisconsin where a body could be buried and not found for a hundred years if ever—someone like him would know this and know of places. I wish someone he trusts could wear a wire and prod him for information. I also was extremely frustrated when the judge dropped charges of Contributing to the Delinquency of Minor. At least he could have done some time behind bars. Barring the offer of marijuana, this was a 15-year-old girl and he did not get her to ANY destination safely—that we know for a fact. My guess is he tried to pursue Kayla sexually that night after driving somewhere deep into the woods—as teens in the northwoods often do. There, she probably resisted his sexual advances and he killed her. My heart goes out to her mom. I have always felt the investigation was based too heavily on Kayla's occasional venturing off without telling her parents making it seem like a runaway case. I always will look for Kayla's missing items when I'm walking in the woods as I will never forget her and what nightmare it was when she went missing.

Please forgive me if this has been covered in this thread, I'm at work so can't read it all fully!
Is Kayla on the rule out list for Fond Du Lac Jane Doe?

12 years missing. After all these details one thought seems true on here: I do think LE knows who is responsible, they just need sufficient evidence. I'm also wondering what Kayla's mother believes occurred. She's very dedicated in the searches and remembering Kayla. I'd tend to honor what she believes happened and I tend to think either KK or MM are involved. May the truth come to light. Thinking of Kayla and her loved ones-- all vulnerable missing, their families who grieve.

NOV 21 updated NOV 25, 2021
Wisconsin authorities are asking hunters to keep a look out for missing people | Top Stories | waow.com
[...]

"Hunters are out there in the woods deeper than most people are," said Marsha Loritz, Founder of Wisconsin Missing Persons Advocacy Inc. "I think a lot of families hold on to hope during hunting season that maybe they can get the answers they have been looking for."

While out in the woods, hunters are encouraged to call 911 and not touch anything if they come across something that seems to be suspicious.

Yep, hunters have found skulls, other bones, bodies and clothing that have helped LE and families about missing people -- that's a tuff way to find out, but at least these families and LE know more than they knew before. SMH

Kayla has been missing since August 11.

http://www.wsaw.com/headlines/53976542.html
I hope one day Kayla and her family and friends get the justice they deserve. Someone knows something, and I think that person is Kevin.

I hope one day Kayla and her family and friends get the justice they deserve. Someone knows something, and I think that person is Kevin.

"There was a lot of nights that we would be running from the police because the party was busted." Kayla's friend, MJ, related in Disappeared, Season 8, Ep. 10 The Last Summer.

In my opinion, I don't think that KJK is the only suspect here. You have to remember that both KJK and MAM, KMB's ex boyfriend, lawyered up, refused to answer questions and were suspects. MAM's cell phone pinged twice that night in the early morning hours up past Merrill. MAM refused to tell the police why someone used his phone the night KMB disappeared to make two short calls. CJL, a relation of MAM, lived two doors east of MAM's abandoned house on Wausau Ave. This house was also known as a party house where adults and teenagers partied together, drinking and doing drugs. In fact, KMB had her going away party at this very same house before she went to Texas. Police even went to that same party house following up leads on the Stephanie Low disappearance and murder.

According to a relative, CJH, an ex girlfriend of KJK, had been taking KMB down to Wausau from Antigo to party at this house when KMB was only 13 or 14. CJH always had KMB over at her apartment she had thru housing when she was 18 and pregnant with KJK's baby. CJH moved from Antigo to Wausau and lived about a block from MAM off Bridge St. These people all knew each other and partied with each other.

It's very plausible that KJK dropped KMB off at MAM's abandoned house. It's also possible that he stopped in that night at MAM's relative's house two doors east and partied with her and the rest of the party goers.

Last edited:
ANTIGO, Wis. (WAOW)-- The Antigo Police Department continues to investigate the disappearance of Kayla Berg as Wednesday is 12 years since she disappeared.

Berg vanished in August of 2009.

Police conducted a search relating to the disappearance in 2019.

Police say that they continue to actively investigate based on current tips they receive.

Another missing teen in Wausau. Her mother went to Antigo High School, too.

Attachments

• kaylee2.jpg
    kaylee2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 17
  • kaylee.jpg
    kaylee.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 16
Has anyone checked around June lake or any place near there where kids used to hang out?

Has anyone checked around June lake or any place near there where kids used to hang out?
Good first post and welcome to Websleuths! Hopefully some of the members here who live near the area can advise if the area has been checked.

Good first post and welcome to Websleuths! Hopefully some of the members here who live near the area can advise if the area has been checked.

There's so many places up here to hide a body where it could never be found for a hundred years if ever. And that's only if he disposed of it via burial. Although I do agree, they should recheck with friends to see if there were any party places he used to go in the woods. I always thought he took her further up north to throw off search groups. There's also a lot of old mine shafts in Forest County and heavily homesteaded land where there are many wells and such.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back