WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 Jun 2007 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Rich,

I'm not sure which case you are referring to, but if it was Sandy Rea's, Sandy's body was never found. She is still a missing person since 1984 from Shawnee, OK.

I did see a crime earlier that he was rumored to have been involved with and the related female victim was sexual assaulted before being stabbed to death.

Im sorry Im guilty of skimming through posts.. I was referring to the Nolan case,

Im sorry Im guilty of skimming through posts.. I was referring to the Nolan case,

If she was sexually assaulted, police have not released that info.

Her body was found 10 days later in the middle of summer.

The cause of death was changed from pending to blunt force trauma of the torso with fractures. I suspect she was hit and/or run over by the same vehicle used to transport her to where she was found. This will be the third (that I've read of) murder victim found dumped in the Town of Dunn, WI over the years. Whoever murdered Nolan was familiar with the area which was located across from a stable on Schneider Road. I also believe it might be someone connected to rodeos or stables and from her hometown of Waunakee, WI where another body (Hall) was found dumped in the same way as one of the bodies found in the Town of Dunn (Speerschneider).

Summers said the employee — who contacted police after learning they were looking for Nolan and had distributed a sketch resembling him — is not a suspect. Summers declined to elaborate on the circumstances under which the employee and Nolan parted.

The second person in the above scenario said they knew Kelly, familiar enough for Kelly to go with him. I suspect he knew her from her hometown and is a local from the area.

Kelly Nolan homicide investigation

People are asked to contact authorities if:

•• They were in personal contact with Kelly Nolan between fall 2006 and June 2007 in Madison, Whitewater or another location and have not been contacted by Madison police.
•• They provided tip information to police and asked to be contacted by an investigator but were not.
•• They remembered something they did not tell police.
•• They have any information regarding Kelly Nolan or her case, regardless of how insignificant the information may seem — including a hunch or something they may have overheard — and have never contacted police.

Anyone with information about the Nolan case can: email Madison police Detective Dave Gouran at dgouran@cityofmadison.com or call him at 608-266-4878; call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014; or email former police Detective John Summers at summersjm@doj.state.wi.us

REWARD FUND

An initial reward fund established by the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation is no longer available.

A new reward fund has been established at Summit Credit Union. Donations can be made at any Summit location or mailed to: The Kelly Nolan Fund, Summit Credit Union, 304 E. Main St., Waunakee, WI 53597

If she was sexually assaulted, police have not released that info.

Her body was found 10 days later in the middle of summer.

The cause of death was changed from pending to blunt force trauma of the torso with fractures. I suspect she was hit and/or run over by the same vehicle used to transport her to where she was found. This will be the third (that I've read of) murder victim found dumped in the Town of Dunn, WI over the years. Whoever murdered Nolan was familiar with the area which was located across from a stable on Schneider Road. I also believe it might be someone connected to rodeos or stables and from her hometown of Waunakee, WI where another body (Hall) was found dumped in the same way as one of the bodies found in the Town of Dunn (Speerschneider).

The second person in the above scenario said they knew Kelly, familiar enough for Kelly to go with him. I suspect he knew her from her hometown and is a local from the area.

Kelly Nolan homicide investigation

People are asked to contact authorities if:

•• They were in personal contact with Kelly Nolan between fall 2006 and June 2007 in Madison, Whitewater or another location and have not been contacted by Madison police.
•• They provided tip information to police and asked to be contacted by an investigator but were not.
•• They remembered something they did not tell police.
•• They have any information regarding Kelly Nolan or her case, regardless of how insignificant the information may seem — including a hunch or something they may have overheard — and have never contacted police.

Anyone with information about the Nolan case can: email Madison police Detective Dave Gouran at dgouran@cityofmadison.com or call him at 608-266-4878; call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014; or email former police Detective John Summers at summersjm@doj.state.wi.us

REWARD FUND

An initial reward fund established by the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation is no longer available.

A new reward fund has been established at Summit Credit Union. Donations can be made at any Summit location or mailed to: The Kelly Nolan Fund, Summit Credit Union, 304 E. Main St., Waunakee, WI 53597

My initial thought was that she was possibly hit by a car as well, but as I read along further, I began to get the impression, she was beaten up, primarily kicked or stomped as if in a fight, possibly by even more than 1 person

Hence this statement:
" The time, date and place of the injuries that caused her death are all still listed as “unknown,” and a description of the event is listed as “assaulted by other(s).”Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/...276-57e0-999b-4adb50e254c2.html#ixzz30CyA5jfC

Impossible to say without crime scene photos, especially without even noting the presence of sexual assault .

But before you try to link this to anything you first have to thoroughly investigate this victim, then go from there for a linkage if evidence, leads

Few questions I do have:

-Why was the worker from the bar walking her home, did she know this individual personally?

-If so how (friend, acquaintance, etc.) ?

-Did she say that Kelly acknowledged knowing the "man" she supposedly left with?

-The suspect description (white male with Dreadlocks) is pretty definitive, do any of her friends, know anyone matching that description , OR anyone who did and changed their appearance, immediately after her death?

-Was Kelly talking with anyone. dancing with anyone, in the company of anyone (ex making out) with anyone etc.. at the bar? Were any of her friends, doing so prior to their departure, primarily with anyone who remained behind at the bar ?

-Were any of her friends approached by anyone asking about her at the bar?

-What was her condition when her friends left, was she drunk? What was the bartenders assessment of Kelly's condition when she left her with the Male, was she drunk? (how bad?)

-Did she have a disagreement with any of her friends before they left ?

-Any descriptions of a similar this suspect at the bar that night ?

-Anyone of that description frequent the bar?

-Anyone ever seen Kelly talking to an individual matching this description?

-Was the Worker at the bar cleared by police, IE they can account for her whereabouts and time after Kelly supposedly left her ?

-Any Surveillance video of the bar that night? inside or out ?

-Any security cameras located in the vicinity where the bartender stated they met this "male"?

-Did Kelly have any enemies?, was she afraid of anyone?

-Any oddball occurrences, before or after her homicide?

-Did anything recently change or happen in her life?

-What prompted her recent move to Madison?

-Was she indebted to anyone?

-Was she dating/seeing anyone?

-If so how was their relationship?

-Any indication of ever being stalked? even at school?

-Any indication of drug use?

With so little info its tough to generate a general profile, but more than likely the police have already interviewed him, (them) he would've followed the case, in an almost odd fashion, he may've changed his appearance, (Shaved off the dreads etc) or made a sudden move from the area

IF its one individual responsible they probably said something to someone

When Kelly Nolan first went missing and then found murdered I was living in Madison. And when Britney was murdered I only lived a few blocks from where she was murdered. I remember how scared I was being a female, young, mostly living alone that I actually had a security system put in my house.

So I've followed Kelly and Britney even tho I'm convinced their murders are not connected. I tend to pair them up.

Anyways, there was never really any info for Kelly.

What I do know is that Kelly's sister received a call from Kelly after she had left the bar with the unknown male. And that LE has asked her not to talk about it or to give any details as to what was said during that phone call.

I know that I've always personally thought it was weird that LE never really went to public with the composite sketch that the bartender who was going to walk her home that night gave them. And when I see LE hold back on that it makes me question why? I'm telling you I lived there and not once did I ever see any composite sketch. It wasn't till I came here I seen one.

LE just never really give much info about Kelly. And I think some of that had to do with the family not wanting the publicity.

I know that Kelly was fired from her job very shortly before she was murdered.

I'm trying to remember everything its been a while sense I've actually sat down all night and reread everything on Kelly.

I remember thinking it was weird that LE brought in LE from Illinois to help investigate. Made me wonder if her murder was similar to any out of Illinois.

For the longest time I thought she was stabbed. That's what most people seemed to speculate sense they wouldn't release the cod.

I really wish LE would release more info. After all this time I don't see how it could hurt any.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

I think also she had gotten a DUI shortly before she was murdered. And she had to take classes. This is important to me because the classes would of open the door for her meeting all kinds of people and maybe not good people. She would of known someone from class good enough for them to say they new her and lure her away with out her fighting it. From what I understand she was very drunk at this point.

When Kelly Nolan first went missing and then found murdered I was living in Madison. And when Britney was murdered I only lived a few blocks from where she was murdered. I remember how scared I was being a female, young, mostly living alone that I actually had a security system put in my house.

So I've followed Kelly and Britney even tho I'm convinced their murders are not connected. I tend to pair them up.

Anyways, there was never really any info for Kelly.

What I do know is that Kelly's sister received a call from Kelly after she had left the bar with the unknown male. And that LE has asked her not to talk about it or to give any details as to what was said during that phone call.

I know that I've always personally thought it was weird that LE never really went to public with the composite sketch that the bartender who was going to walk her home that night gave them. And when I see LE hold back on that it makes me question why? I'm telling you I lived there and not once did I ever see any composite sketch. It wasn't till I came here I seen one.

LE just never really give much info about Kelly. And I think some of that had to do with the family not wanting the publicity.

I know that Kelly was fired from her job very shortly before she was murdered.

I'm trying to remember everything its been a while sense I've actually sat down all night and reread everything on Kelly.

I remember thinking it was weird that LE brought in LE from Illinois to help investigate. Made me wonder if her murder was similar to any out of Illinois.

For the longest time I thought she was stabbed. That's what most people seemed to speculate sense they wouldn't release the cod.

I really wish LE would release more info. After all this time I don't see how it could hurt any.

Thanks gia

I haven't read anything on the other case yet, (Britney)

There's a chance she was stabbed, sometimes things are leaked, prematurely, before a plan of action is set in the investigation

The blunt force to the body may've been released as a means of exclusion, in case they are ever able to find her killer.

It certainly sounds as if LE has a good amount of evidence, why it may've stalled though I cant say.

Its possible they had a lead somewhere, and it fizzled, or they were looking at linkage cases, and that didn't pan out either. I have no inside information so I cant comment .

There are other reasons as well, Ill refrain from getting into

With so little info its tough to generate a general profile, but more than likely the police have already interviewed him, (them) he would've followed the case, in an almost odd fashion, he may've changed his appearance, (Shaved off the dreads etc) or made a sudden move from the area

I have a person in mind who fits the following criteria

1) He may or may not have been interviewed by police
2) He definitely knew Kelly Nolan
3) His mother studied at UW-Whitewater
4) His grandfather was a professor at UW-Whitewater
5) He sports a goatee and has/had very long hair
6) He was about 21 at time of murder
7) He was a UW-Madison student at time of murder
8) He left Madison in 2008 to work in another city in Wisconsin
9) His name was briefly mentioned early on in news items related to the murder
10) He has family ties to relatives in Whitewater
11) His mother has ties to Yahara Hills Golf Course, which is 8.3 miles/15 minutes from the Town of Dunn

The only thing, though, is he has no criminal record, has a degree, has/had a good professional occupation and now works for the government, so I don't think it would be right to finger him as a suspect because it might hurt his job/future. I can't see this person as being one who would intentionally hurt someone.

I surely wouldn't put his personal information on here. I have his photo with goatee and long hair, his previous addresses, an obituary showing his ties to Whitewater, etc.

Would you let the police know this information given the circumstances? Anyone?

I have a person in mind who fits the following criteria

1) He may or may not have been interviewed by police
2) He definitely knew Kelly Nolan
3) His mother studied at UW-Whitewater
4) His grandfather was a professor at UW-Whitewater
5) He sports a goatee and has/had very long hair
6) He was about 21 at time of murder
7) He was a UW-Madison student at time of murder
8) He left Madison in 2008 to work in another city in Wisconsin
9) His name was briefly mentioned early on in news items related to the murder
10) He has family ties to relatives in Whitewater
11) His mother has ties to Yahara Hills Golf Course, which is 8.3 miles/15 minutes from the Town of Dunn

The only thing, though, is he has no criminal record, has a degree, has/had a good professional occupation and now works for the government, so I don't think it would be right to finger him as a suspect because it might hurt his job/future. I can't see this person as being one who would intentionally hurt someone.

I surely wouldn't put his personal information on here. I have his photo with goatee and long hair, his previous addresses, an obituary showing his ties to Whitewater, etc.

Would you let the police know this information given the circumstances? Anyone?

It depends, on whether or not 1) he was already investigated, and 2) you have evidence that can confirm, his involvement

If its just what you feel, or a gut feeling, they're going to want to know why , then they'll take your info and that will most likely be it.

In a case like this I think they know who they want , but something's hindering it from going any further .

Don't let the lack of a criminal record, ever dissuade you from anyone if the evidence points you there, luck seems to favor the prepared, and the scumbags, of the earth, for some reason.

Mazomanie, WI is near Kelly Nolan's hometown of Waunakee, WI. She disappeared on June 23, 2007, from downtown Madison, and her body was found July 9, 2007, in the Town of Dunn, WI, 16 days later, across Schneider Drive from Triple K Stables. She died from blunt force trauma to the torso area with fractures.

[url]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/nolan.jpeg[/URL]

Julie Speerschneider was also found in the Town of Dunn, WI, about 4 miles east near the Yahara River in 1981. She also went missing from downtown Madison in 1978 after hitchhiking. Julie's skeleton was found "LYING FACE DOWN AND COVERED WITH BRANCHES AND TWIGS in a manner of someone attempting to hide it." No clothes were found on or near the body other than a braid of brown hair tied with a decorative plastic band. She was found 50 feet from the riverbank and 40 feet from Yahara Drive., a quarter mile off of Dryeson Road between Lake Kegonsa and McFarland.

[url]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/Speerschneider.jpg[/URL]

Julie Ann Hall was bludgeoned to death and buried near Waunakee, WI (Nolan's hometown) in 1978. Waunakee, WI is 18 miles east of Mazomanie, WI. Julie Hall's nude body was found "FACE DOWN in a shallow stump hole and HAD BEEN COVERED WITH LEAVES AND GRASS." She had been struck hard under her jaw and was covered with scratches and bruises. The body was found by a farmer just off Hyy 12 west of Waunakee.

I tried to link a photo of Julie Ann Hall. Didn't work, so a link to an article about her.

http://www.surroundedbyreality.com/Misc/Crimes/JAHMurder.asp

The Tanna Togstad and Timothy Mumbrue murders are also associated with or near rodeos, stables, etc.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229592

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/tannatogstadphoto.jpg

Wisconsin High School Rodeo Finals, Richland Center, WI., Manawa Mid-West Rodeo, Manawa, WI., National High School Rodeo, Shawnee, OK., Wautoma Area Rodeo Roundup, Waushara, WI County Fairgrounds, Wild West Days & Professional Rodeo Cowboy's Assn. Rodeo, Mazomanie, WI

When I mentioned Triple K Stables (on above link from my page 10, #241 post on this thread) I didn't know that the owner was the one who smelled the odor of the body days before it was found. According to the article in the Madison Wisconsin State Journal July 12, 2007,(2nd article below) he (Keith Kramer) told Randy Stark, a game warden, who also lived on Schneider Dr., about the smell. It was Randy Stark who called authorities about it.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/nolanfound.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/nolanfound2.jpg

My initial thought was that she was possibly hit by a car as well, but as I read along further, I began to get the impression, she was beaten up, primarily kicked or stomped as if in a fight, possibly by even more than 1 person

Hence this statement:

" The time, date and place of the injuries that caused her death are all still listed as “unknown,” and a description of the event is listed as “assaulted by other(s).”

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/...276-57e0-999b-4adb50e254c2.html#ixzz30CyA5jfC

Impossible to say without crime scene photos, especially without even noting the presence of sexual assault .

I guess I'd have to agree with you, especially if she was dragged into the woods and "another crime happened there," then she must have been alive, but maybe unconscious? Of course one doesn't have to be alive to be raped or beaten.

I'd hate to think there's two or more psychopaths still running around rather than just one.

Greta Van Susteren on her show On the Record with Greta Van Susteren reports that police sources say Kelly was dragged 25 feet into the woods and that “another crime happened there.”
quote from True Crime Diary

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=29

I guess I'd have to agree with you, especially if she was dragged into the woods and "another crime happened there" then she must have been alive, but maybe unconscious? Of course one doesn't have to be alive to be raped or beaten.

I'd hate to think there's two or more psychopaths still running around rather than just one.

quote from True Crime Diary

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=29

Well no one is saying its the work of a psychopath (or path's) a lot of evidence needs to be reviewed before that can be noted. Sometimes its not until they are in custody, and tested, before anyone knows that info.

Beating a victim to death generally= Anger, be it specific (with the victim) or global (perceived), situational (in which the victim isn't usually intentionally beaten to death, but dies, as a result of wounds sustained, from a beating...for ex punching a victim to force compliance etc..)

Beating about the torso however, isn't too common, though I have seen people stomped, and kicked, and hit with objects (branch/tire iron etc..) while on the ground

Usually the victims head neck are targeted most often, especially in cases, where the victim knew the killer or assailant.

But unless anymore info is released, all you can do is wait really.

I think also she had gotten a DUI shortly before she was murdered. And she had to take classes. This is important to me because the classes would of open the door for her meeting all kinds of people and maybe not good people. She would of known someone from class good enough for them to say they knew her and lure her away with out her fighting it. From what I understand she was very drunk at this point.

She may have been drugged, too, with a date rape drug. It's possible that she wasn't drunk when her friends left her, which, if she was, they probably wouldn't have left her, and someone slipped something into her drink later, which accounted for her behavior at bar time.

It's a good possibility this may have been a planned murder rather than a crime of opportunity.

She may have been drugged, too, with a date rape drug. It's possible that she wasn't drunk when her friends left her, which, if she was, they probably wouldn't have left her, and someone slipped something into her drink later, which accounted for her behavior at bar time.

It's a good possibility this may have been a planned murder rather than a crime of opportunity.

Unless you are going to assume the Bartender is in on it that's REALLY risky for someone planning to kill someone to just walk up and greet the victim, and the person with her.

Especially if Kelly knew the bartender well enough to have her walk home with her in the 1st place.

Unless you are going to assume the Bartender is in on it that's REALLY risky for someone planning to kill someone to just walk up and greet the victim, and the person with her.

Especially if Kelly knew the bartender well enough to have her walk home with her in the 1st place.

Hence this statement: "The time, date and place of the injuries that caused her death are all still listed as “unknown,” and a description of the event is listed as “assaulted by other(s).”

It's possible anyone could have had the opportunity to slip her a mickey, and, of course, assuming you still believe there was more than one person involved in her disappearance and death, the other unknown person from the Lava Lounge could have been working with someone else.

Whether there was one or more involved we probably won't ever know, but, according to the July 8, 2007 Wisconsin State Journal, Tom Paras, who own's Amy's Café, said one of his employees told him he started walking Nolan home from the Lava Lounge, 461 W. Gilman St., toward her Mifflin St. sublet at bar time June 23. But on the way they ran into another man who had been at the Lava Lounge who said he knew Nolan, the employee told Paras, so he left her.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/whoshewaswith.jpg

No one knows who the man was who walked her away. Employees at the Lava Lounge didn't recall seeing her in that bar at all. So, what bar was she actually in that night?

She disappeared June 23
The SSDI shows her death as June 28, 2007.
The stable owner detected a bad odor the week of the 28th.
She was found July 9.
What's really sad is that she was alive somewhere for at least a week and anything could have happened to her in that time.

If cell phone technology led law enforcement to where she was found and she was alive up until at least the 28th, then wouldn't that mean she was kept captive somewhere in that area also, if they were working off of cell phone pings?

It's possible anyone could have had the opportunity to slip her a mickey, and, of course, assuming you still believe there was more than one person involved in her disappearance and death, the other unknown person from the Lava Lounge could have been working with someone else.

Whether there was one or more involved we probably won't ever know, but, according to the July 8, 2007 Wisconsin State Journal, Tom Paras, who own's Amy's Café, said one of his employees told him he started walking Nolan home from the Lava Lounge, 461 W. Gilman St., toward her Mifflin St. sublet at bar time June 23. But on the way they ran into another man who had been at the Lava Lounge who said he knew Nolan, the employee told Paras, so he left her.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/whoshewaswith.jpg

No one knows who the man was who walked her away. Employees at the Lava Lounge didn't recall seeing her in that bar at all. So, what bar was she actually in that night?

She disappeared June 23
The SSDI shows her death as June 28, 2007.
The stable owner detected a bad odor the week of the 28th.
She was found July 9.
What's really sad is that she was alive somewhere for at least a week and anything could have happened to her in that time.

If cell phone technology led law enforcement to where she was found and she was alive up until at least the 28th, then wouldn't that mean she was kept captive somewhere in that area also, if they were working off of cell phone pings?

Ahh ok, so the individual was a Male that walked her home initially.. OK NEW ANGLE I was under the impression it was a female

And I take it he was cleared? time accounted for, etc..

And No they can call a working cell phone and ping where its ringing from. If its on her person, or near her body as long as it was working on the 28th she was most likely laying there from the night she dissappeared

Ahh ok, so the individual was a Male that walked her home initially.. OK NEW ANGLE I was under the impression it was a female

And I take it he was cleared? time accounted for, etc..

And No they can call a working cell phone and ping where its ringing from. If its on her person, or near her body as long as it was working on the 28th she was most likely laying there from the night she disappeared

Andrew, the Amy's Café worker, was cleared. During the missing person case, police circulated a sketch of a man who was among the last to see Nolan alive, but that person was ruled out as a suspect after he spoke with police. Police would not say if the sketch was of the person the employee (Andrew) left Nolan with at bar time. If the sketch guy did walk her home (and he, the sketch guy, was also cleared) and she disappeared from her apartment, then my scenario I presented on page 11, post#268, (the guy with Whitewater ties) is all the more valid.

Nolan spoke with her sister at 2 AM and said where she was. The sister won't say what else she said. Bar time is 2:30 AM on a Friday in Madison or 2 AM?

The police spokesman declined to describe the condition of the body but said it was obvious to detectives that the person had been slain and that was observing the body from a distance since they didn't want to get too close and taint the crime scene until they processed the outer perimeter.

Chief Noble Wray said cellphone technology led police to the area where the body was found but declined to elaborate. Police said they have not recovered the cellphone. After the search was over police declined to say whether the phone was found or not.

Madison Wisconsin State Journal July 11, 2007 "There was probably no live cellular signal for searchers to use because she disappeared more than two weeks ago and cell phone batteries only last for a couple of days without recharging. Investigators were probably left with the option of searching the computer data from Nolan's cellular service provider. There they could find the location of the cell phone tower to which her phone sent her last locator signal before it died."

Those sectors can be as large as two to three square miles so that explains it satisfactorily for me but still doesn't explain why it took so long to start doing it. How long does it take to search computer data? I don't know. I also think they coupled the report from the warden with the cell phone info to start the search there.

And if she didn't die until June 28 (the date on the SSDI), are you saying she laid there alive since the 23rd, the day she went missing and then died on the 28th of homicidal injuries to the torso?

The paper also stated "that police had focused their search for Nolan on a three-square-mile area around Fitchburg that included the neighboring village of Oregon.". Oregon is five miles from Fitchburg and the Triple K Stables are four miles, but they just happened to start their search outside the three-square-mile area?

It was interesting that an accident occurred in nearby Middleton, WI on July 6, three days before Nolan was found, (it made headlines in the paper) in which a carload of kids fell 70 feet into a quarry. They were found that very same night by pinging a cellphone in their vehicle.

Things just don't add up. (They do now, to a degree)

And if they could determine from a distance that the victim obviously was slain and she died from “homicidal violence,” “including blunt force trauma of torso with fractures,” and "yet another crime occurred there" (there) being where she was found, then it must have been something way out of the ordinary and possibly staged.

The time, date and place of the injuries that caused her death are all still listed as “unknown,” and a description of the event is listed as “assaulted by other(s)," yet the SSDI lists her death as June 28th?

http://host.madison.com/news/local/crime_and_courts/years-later-amended-certificate-reveals-cause-of-kelly-nolan-s/article_56353238-e276-57e0-999b-4adb50e254c2.html

I might also add that the police reported the victim was dragged 25 feet onto the property of a lady named Killerlain, which put the body a few feet over the borderline of the bordering town and into the Town of Dunn. "Killerlain," "Killer Lane". Was this a subtle message from a serial killer as there were other murders of young women in the Town of Dunn?

"We think this is a local homicide and that the person responsible is connected to this community."

"Madison police on Monday said they believe Kelly Nolan's killer is still somewhere in the area, but maintained they have no suspects in the investigation. How both of those things could be true — how detectives can have a hunch about the location of someone they say they have not identified—was not fully explained in the first public briefing on the case since July 12."

Excerpts from Madison Wisconsin State Journal article September 18, 2007

But, Schauf added, "We think there are certain things that only certain individuals know. If there are certain things about the (crime) scene, for example, that only certain people know — like the people who did it — then we don't want to release it."

Madison Wisconsin State Journal January 20, 2008

Andrew, the Amy's Café worker, was cleared. During the missing person case, police circulated a sketch of a man who was among the last to see Nolan alive, but that person was ruled out as a suspect after he spoke with police. Police would not say if the sketch was of the person the employee (Andrew) left Nolan with at bar time. If the sketch guy did walk her home (and he, the sketch guy, was also cleared) and she disappeared from her apartment, then my scenario I presented on page 11, post#268, (the guy with Whitewater ties) is all the more valid.

Nolan spoke with her sister at 2 AM and said where she was. The sister won't say what else she said. Bar time is 2:30 AM on a Friday in Madison or 2 AM?

The police spokesman declined to describe the condition of the body but said it was obvious to detectives that the person had been slain and that was observing the body from a distance since they didn't want to get too close and taint the crime scene until they processed the outer perimeter.

Chief Noble Wray said cellphone technology led police to the area where the body was found but declined to elaborate. Police said they have not recovered the cellphone. After the search was over police declined to say whether the phone was found or not.

Madison Wisconsin State Journal July 11, 2007 "There was probably no live cellular signal for searchers to use because she disappeared more than two weeks ago and cell phone batteries only last for a couple of days without recharging. Investigators were probably left with the option of searching the computer data from Nolan's cellular service provider. There they could find the location of the cell phone tower to which her phone sent her last locator signal before it died."

Those sectors can be as large as two to three square miles so that explains it satisfactorily for me but still doesn't explain why it took so long to start doing it. How long does it take to search computer data? I don't know. I also think they coupled the report from the warden with the cell phone info to start the search there.

And if she didn't die until June 28 (the date on the SSDI), are you saying she laid there alive since the 23rd, the day she went missing and then died on the 28th of homicidal injuries to the torso?

The paper also stated "that police had focused their search for Nolan on a three-square-mile area around Fitchburg that included the neighboring village of Oregon.". Oregon is five miles from Fitchburg and the Triple K Stables are four miles, but they just happened to start their search outside the three-square-mile area?

It was interesting that an accident occurred in nearby Middleton, WI on July 6, three days before Nolan was found, (it made headlines in the paper) in which a carload of kids fell 70 feet into a quarry. They were found that very same night by pinging a cellphone in their vehicle.

Things just don't add up. (They do now, to a degree)

And if they could determine from a distance that the victim obviously was slain and she died from “homicidal violence,” “including blunt force trauma of torso with fractures,” and "yet another crime occurred there" (there) being where she was found, then it must have been something way out of the ordinary and possibly staged.

The time, date and place of the injuries that caused her death are all still listed as “unknown,” and a description of the event is listed as “assaulted by other(s)," yet the SSDI lists her death as June 28th?

http://host.madison.com/news/local/crime_and_courts/years-later-amended-certificate-reveals-cause-of-kelly-nolan-s/article_56353238-e276-57e0-999b-4adb50e254c2.html

I might also add that the police reported the victim was dragged 25 feet onto the property of a lady named Killerlain, which put the body a few feet over the borderline of the bordering town and into the Town of Dunn. "Killerlain," "Killer Lane". Was this a subtle message from a serial killer as there were other murders of young women in the Town of Dunn?

If you ever have the "pleasure" of being around a suspicious device. (like s suspected bomb etc.".. the 1st thing you are told is to turn off your cell phones.

Cell phone technology is such that the device is always searching for signals. In that it gives its location away. This happens constantly as long as the device is on. When they "ping" device, they send a signal that id's where the device is by triangulation between towers.

Then its a mathematical formula from there to approximate the location.

If the cant ping the device, they'll look to see where it was last searching for a signal, and work from there .

Its possible whomever killed her had her phone, when they left either in their car accidentally, or taken purposely, then either discarded it or shut it off approx. 3 miles away so they couldn't be tracked.

that would explain the radius set by the police to start investigating, and possibly why they think its a local

IF the signal was stationary, for a long period of time, there's a good chance they felt he (they) still had the phone, and were trying to track its location

As for the statements, they use a lot of Plural terms in what the police are saying, more like they feel more than one person is responsible for what happened.

Oh one more thing ill add, if they're being extremely cautious of what they release, its possible the info they do release Is deliberately false, to eliminate false claims.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back