Found Deceased WI - Kodie Dutcher, 10, may be suicidal, Baraboo, 6 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And from parents and/or parental figures. My son was mentally/emotionally and verbally abused by his stepmother, from the age of 8 until about the age of 17 when he completely snapped. His suicidal thoughts started at age 10 and by 12 he had full blown suicidal ideation, a plan in place. His father refused to acknowledge all of this (I think because if he acknowledged any part of it, then he would also have to acknowledge his part, even when he was called out by the state, the psychiatrists and psychologists, the LCSW and more. And to this day, 10 years later, he still cannot take any responsibility) and I, who didn’t have legal custody over my son, had to take him to the emergency department for a mental evaluation. And so much more.

I’m NOT saying that her parents have anything to do with the cause of this, I’m just pointing out that sometimes children experience trauma from their parents which can lead them to situations like these. MOO.
Oh your poor poor son. I was a stepchild and think the stepparent is like that because the child came from the spouse's other husband and they take it out on the child. so evil. I hope he got therapy and prayers.

We BADLY need better mental health care in this country.

RIP, Kodie.

View attachment 254763

Absolutely! There isn't a single mental health clinic in my entire county. The surrounding counties either don't serve my county or are out of therapists/psychologists/psychiatrists. The one clinic I spoke with is down to one provider, losing 3 (quit, moved, etc) since covid hit.

Rip sweet girl......just no words.

Oh Noooooo. I hope someone didn't kill her. 'm not buying this pill thing or that note at all. :(

My first thought when the Amber Alert went through was that it sounded like defense building, not a missing child report. 10 year olds can definitely be depressed and suicidal, but I would think she'd take her phone and shoes with her if she were to leave her house, suicidal or not. My 12 year old would, anyway. An adult may not take the child's phone if something nefarious went down because they know the phone can ping their every location. A 10 year old doesn't necessarily think of that. It just came off as odd. With that and the note, it sounds a lot like a Leticia Stauch move.

I don’t have any reason to question that this poor child was dealing with depression and had suicidal thoughts even at the age of 10. This is heartbreaking and absolutely terrifying. Her poor parents. I have no words. Utterly tragic :(

This is not good at all.

Amber Alert: Baraboo police seek missing 10-year-old girl considered ‘endangered’

Authorities said she left a note behind reading, “Mom, I love you, but I can’t do it. Bye.” She’s suspected to have taken an unknown amount of pills, as well. She left behind her cellphone and shoes.​
Just terrible news. I wonder where she get the pills?
ETA:
snipped
Kodie was last seen wearing blue jean overalls around 4 p.m. Monday, in the 1100 block of 12th Street, in Baraboo, officials say. An initial search of her home turned up indications that Kodie may have been threatening to harm herself.

A spokesperson for the Baraboo Police Department Lt. Ryan La Broscian could not confirm if the pills the family believes Kodie took had anything to do with the cause of her death.
Missing Baraboo, Wis., girl found dead

AMBER alert issued for 10-year-old girl missing from Baraboo

On this link there is a video; Amelia Jones (the news reporter) said she spoke to the family and they said that they
"believed she might have been experiencing some bullying and that had affected her mood lately."

I wonder who was bullying her? I took the "recently moved to the area" to mean that it was very recent; schools have not been in session since March. I guess "recent" either means more than 4 months ago or school mates arent the source of the bullying. Maybe the source is her group of "friends" outside of school? Sad regardless of who it is.

Come home safely Kodie.

I can relate. It could be snap chat. I know my teen son is having a hard time without hanging with friends (and disagreements with them), he's behind in school (adhd having a hard time passing classes), his dad is a narcissist etc. He wanted to die. He said he added a story on chat about who likes him and no one responded. He said no one likes or understands him but me and that isn't enough. (he is very smart actually just not book smart and very immature emotionally like his dad). They google or snap chat how to end your life. Prayers they found this sweet girl. Just a heavy burden for her at this tender age. :(

This is so sad, rest in peace Kodie *advertiser censored*

My eldest daughter is 10, almost 11. The thought of her or any of my kids ever taking their own life is just horrific. I’m off to cuddle her and let her know yet again that she can always come and talk to me about anything. I hate that kids as young as this can feel like there’s no other way out, such a permanent end to a hopeful young life.

How heartbreaking. Prayers to her family.
I have not read anything to make me think this is anything other then what it appears to be. I'm sure there will be an autopsy to confirm. Rest easy Kodie!

I’m deeply saddened for Kodie. I will wait until autopsy to confirm her suicide.

Yesterday was another 90° day with high humidity and no rain. A cornfield without shoes would be very uncomfortable to navigate. Maybe depression has no bounds, but I’d definitely prefer a death elsewhere (as morbid as that sounds).

does anyone know how “close” to home this was? Maybe I’m just being a cynic.... either way, I’m so sorry sweet girl :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YallternativeP
Back