WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sayin...if there was something in that fridge it would have been taped up. Since it was not...it is just a fridge.

I absolutely, 100% disagree. I have seen otherwise very many times.

Wow, good catch! This just adds to the creepiness. I was just going to post the same as OkieGranny, he knows it was Sunday but can't remember what month or year? It does sound like there is some significance to Sunday. Maybe JSR can shed some light on this?

I also wonder if the fact that both of the woman were mothers that did not have custody of their children has any significance? Did they "deserve" to be punished for this?

I do not think not remembering a date means anything. I am terrible at dates, myself. I basically know what day it is depending upon what I saw on TV that day. Plus, and just let me be the devil's advocate for a second, SZ might be in solitary. I have been there. You have absolutely no idea what is going on and what day it is. You get really confused while in solitary. I know I could not tell you a darn thing even if my life depended on it. I got extremely confused because of the sensory deprevation and when I was interviewed prior to court, I am pretty sure I made absolutely no sense.

Maybe it's done different in WI, but I'd lived in a number of apts, duplexes and a condo in previous years...not one time did I have any reason to supply my own refrigerator. They were always part of the rental unit. Sometimes they were larger, sometimes they were smaller. Most times it depended on the age of the fridge. They have become taller and wider over the years. I do not believe that fridge was his own. It, in my opinion, was being taken in to be processed.

Consider the size of typical suitcases, I believe they'd fit in that refrigerator we saw being transported from the crime scene. And I agree, I can't imagine any other reason for detectives to remove it at that time except for processing.

suitcase27n-2-web.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polop...es/article_970/suitcase27n-2-web.jpg?enlarged
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...onson-amp-Jenny-Gamez&p=10671008#post10671008

A person will fold into an amazingly small amount of space. That's how they get ten clowns in a VW bug for a circus act.

If that's an upright freezer, he could probably get two people in each side, standing up, without any need for folding. Now excuse me while I go barf...

Very possible. Here's a video of a perp transporting his victim in a suitcase:
From a 2005 case, the criminal was captured on security wheeling a suitcase out: http://youtu.be/J2x2qfP65hE?t=3m21s
This victim was never seen on camera leaving and was left for dead in a field, yet survived. She was in the suitcase.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2010/12/vanishing-blonde-201012

For comparison, here's a photo of a refrigerator removed from an apartment unit as evidence in the Lauren Giddings case. Notice there is no tape around it.

Attachments

• APT-refrigerator2-AB.jpg
    APT-refrigerator2-AB.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 130
For comparison, here's a photo of a refrigerator removed from an apartment unit as evidence in the Lauren Giddings case. Notice there is no tape around it.

Well...how I do my removals...if I find something funny and it seems creepy...we call the cops and they tape it up. Not saying anything except how I deal with evictions.
'

The cops tape it up. You don't. They get rid of you pretty quick because you could contaminate a crime scene. It is nothing but what it is...I do this...and in Milw. they would not just use a strap to carry out a fridge. If there was something in there...they would have taped it up.

I run into this more than I want to admit. I clean out houses of dead people. If you find something that is strange...you call the police. That is it. I do not get paid enough to deal with MF crazy. There is not enough money on the entire planet that can make me "unsee" something. We call the cops/sheriff if there is anything kinda hinkey-jinky, just cause we do not want to know. Plus, it is a big MF pain to remove a fridge. It is a pain. Just sayin from a property manager point of veiw.

That is a tiny fridge. I realize it NOT from SZ's but I have about one that size and you cannot fit anything in it without having an avelanche any time someoene opens the door. Those are small apt. fridges. Tiny. You cannot fit much in there.

I am 5'6" and 160 lbs. No way anyone could fit me in one of those.

That is a tiny fridge. I realize it NOT from SZ's but I have about one that size and you cannot fit anything in it without having an avelanche any time someoene opens the door. Those are small apt. fridges. Tiny. You cannot fit much in there.

I am 5'6" and 160 lbs. No way anyone could fit me in one of those.

Well, if these girls were ever in the frig, they were dead so the body could have been in different positions a live person who doesn't think they wouldn't fit into a frig would think of contorting themselves into.

We don't know if the shelves were removed or not. I know if the shelving was removed from mine I could fit inside of it.

Yes, confused indeed! I did mix up the two stories but am picturing maybe a similar situation happened with Jenny as did with Laura (or visa-versa). There is more info regarding Laura though. We do know that she stayed with him for some time, right?

Putting what we do know together, the message on the bondage site from SV was that he wanted a specific type of relationship. He described what he was after and sounded hard core to me - not a casual encounter or one time experience. So, if both women had responded to him, they may have known what they were getting into (but not expecting to end up dead).

Shucks, now the multiple quote feature didn't work. This is in response to two posts above. I'll post the numbers - 1050 and 1051.
New format making things difficult!

Just thinking outloud. Didn't SZ's sister have a dispute with him over shared living arrangements?
Something about a joint condo/property? Or, am I mixed up about that situation too?

If so, I bet he crossed a line and had something hinky going on there too. Is it known when the sister broke ties with him over that deal?

I don't think they removed the fridge because something was currently inside it....they removed the fridge to find answers to whether or not there was ever anything inside it....meaning bodies.

I don't think they removed the fridge because something was currently inside it....they removed the fridge to find answers to whether or not there was ever anything inside it....meaning bodies.

Looked to me like more of an eviction. Which, they take your stuff away and whatever is valuable (depends upon your idea of valuable) they remove and put in storage. In Milw. Co., "valuable" is appliances, jewlery, electronics, ect.... It is what they can sell at auction if you cannot come up with the storage fee and buy your stuff back.

We have a 5 day rule when drug or violent crimes are involved...if you are month-to-month, the landlord has a legal right to evict if is anything to do with drugs or any sort of violent crime. It happens pretty quick...not like a standard eviction (which takes forever). IF you are a renter and your apt. is involved in something shady, it goes immediately...no court date...no nothing. You get booted. The Sheriff's dept does this (not the police dept.) so it makes sense that a deputy would be on site. That is Sheriff, not police. Just sayin. And if he owned hi own appliances, those go into storage (i.e., those are considered valuable and can be sold). I am just saying as an apt manager...it is not that unusual go through an eviction and see all sorts of stuff people have that HAVE TO go into storage for legal reasons. And no, you have no idea about anything...mostly it is just stuff to be sold.

I clean out crap. It is a terrible job. I hate it. But I do the dirty work when someone needs something to happen. I do a lot of dead people, horders, evictions, or just anything. I HATE it...cannot stand it. I know exactly what I am doing. And I aint gonna lie...it is probably one of the worst jobs on the planet.. That is why I think moving the fridge was simply just moving the fridge. We know not to touch anything that looks a little spooky. That just looks like moving a fridge.

Yes, confused indeed! I did mix up the two stories but am picturing maybe a similar situation happened with Jenny as did with Laura (or visa-versa). There is more info regarding Laura though. We do know that she stayed with him for some time, right?

Putting what we do know together, the message on the bondage site from SV was that he wanted a specific type of relationship. He described what he was after and sounded hard core to me - not a casual encounter or one time experience. So, if both women had responded to him, they may have known what they were getting into (but not expecting to end up dead).

Shucks, now the multiple quote feature didn't work. This is in response to two posts above. I'll post the numbers - 1050 and 1051.
New format making things difficult!

We do not know that Laura stayed with him for any length of time. We know she was at the hotel on Nov 2. She checked in using her own name. We do not know if she left the hotel alive. She was never seen or heard from after that date. SZ admitted that he "caused her death" on Nov. 3. There is surveillance video of him leaving the hotel with more luggage than was necessary for a one night stay.

Her family assumed that she was being enslaved by him for a length of time. (Which is apparently why somebody wrote that classified ad trying to draw him out.) In reality she might have already been dead.

She had an online "relationship" with him prior to meeting him in person in November.

Just thinking outloud. Didn't SZ's sister have a dispute with him over shared living arrangements?
Something about a joint condo/property? Or, am I mixed up about that situation too?

If so, I bet he crossed a line and had something hinky going on there too. Is it known when the sister broke ties with him over that deal?

He was in business with his sister and he embezzled from that business. He was living in her condo. She brought a law suit against him for the embezzlement and evicted him from the condo. If Just Simply Red comes online, she can give more info on that situation.

Looked to me like more of an eviction. Which, they take your stuff away and whatever is valuable (depends upon your idea of valuable) they remove and put in storage. In Milw. Co., "valuable" is appliances, jewlery, electronics, ect.... It is what they can sell at auction if you cannot come up with the storage fee and buy your stuff back.

We have a 5 day rule when drug or violent crimes are involved...if you are month-to-month, the landlord has a legal right to evict if is anything to do with drugs or any sort of violent crime. It happens pretty quick...not like a standard eviction (which takes forever). IF you are a renter and your apt. is involved in something shady, it goes immediately...no court date...no nothing. You get booted. The Sheriff's dept does this (not the police dept.) so it makes sense that a deputy would be on site. That is Sheriff, not police. Just sayin. And if he owned hi own appliances, those go into storage (i.e., those are considered valuable and can be sold). I am just saying as an apt manager...it is not that unusual go through an eviction and see all sorts of stuff people have that HAVE TO go into storage for legal reasons. And no, you have no idea about anything...mostly it is just stuff to be sold.

I don't think this was anything to do with an eviction yet, this is the place where a confessed murderer lives...they will not be moving anything to storage while investigators are removing possible evidence from the home. I would imagine that the home will sit as is for awhile until investigators release the scene, in case they need to go back and look at anything else.

Rallygrrl. It was not an eviction. The police were taking evidence from the apartment. There was no reason for him to be evicted. He probably still has the apartment and police are probably holding it until after the trial.

Also we do not know if that was a refrigerator or a deep freezer. Either way, the police were taking it so they could conduct forensic tests to see if bodies might have been stored inside at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat