WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Jenny were really killed in Wisconsin or if he chose to say Wisconsin because there's no capital punishment.
So far there's been no mention of why Jenny would be in Wisconsin.
He drove to Michigan to meet his ex in a hotel.
He drove to Minnesota to meet Laura in a hotel.
He drove to ??? to meet Jenny in a hotel.
If he drove to Oregon, California or even Washington State, they all have the death penalty, so I think he'd lie through his teeth to put her death happening elsewhere. Also, I wonder if that would have to do with his lack of memory as to what -YEAR- Jenny died.

Good question, but I think if he drove to Oregon, California or Washington state, he would have a heck of a time getting a body back to Wisconsin. I don't know how many would risk driving half way across the country with a body in their vehicle.

Assuming she flew into Chicago, Milwaukee or even Rockford, there has to be record of an airline ticket somewhere. Did she have a one way or round trip ticket? Where are her belongings if she 'moved' here as it was stated she told friends she was moving? Were her belongings abandoned? Did she rent a vehicle to drive to WI with her belongings? Lots of questions are yet to be answered......

I wonder if Jenny were really killed in Wisconsin or if he chose to say Wisconsin because there's no capital punishment.
If he drove to Oregon, California or even Washington State, they all have the death penalty, so I think he'd lie through his teeth to put her death happening elsewhere. Also, I wonder if that would have to do with his lack of memory as to what -YEAR- Jenny died.

I think they know the hotel where he met Jenny. There was an article that mentioned that the hotel had been sold a few times in the past two years, so the records were difficult to obtain. Of course, he might have lied about which hotel it was and purposely gave the name of a hotel that had changed hands.

This answers the question about police questioning.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...urt-in-suitcase-killings-b99304298z1-26568641

Seems the West Allis Police were sent to do the job - the same place of his prior employment - the same place where he wasn't charged for attacking a woman and the same place he was allowed to retire from.

I just wanted to add...I work next door to the West Allis Police Department. It is on the SAME street that SZ lives, exactly 31 blocks from SZ apartment. Yes, just up the road. So, all this talk about "wanting the suitcases found" turns my stomach.

I think they know the hotel where he met Jenny. There was an article that mentioned that the hotel had been sold a few times in the past two years, so the records were difficult to obtain. Of course, he might have lied about which hotel it was and purposely gave the name of a hotel that had changed hands.

Look at the uniform. Orange is HOC/Franklin. "I"They color-code you so they know. That is how you are shuffled around like cattle and they know which bus/prison to send you back to.

Your uniform I s important. Plus,,,,catch the wrist the bracelet is on and the color. That also is a big deal.

This answers the question about police questioning.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...urt-in-suitcase-killings-b99304298z1-26568641

Seems the West Allis Police were sent to do the job - the same place of his prior employment - the same place where he wasn't charged for attacking a woman and the same place he was allowed to retire from.

I just wanted to add...I work next door to the West Allis Police Department. It is on the SAME street that SZ lives, exactly 31 blocks from SZ apartment. Yes, just up the road. So, all this talk about "wanting the suitcases found" turns my stomach.

Thank you for posting this Judy. He dumped the bodies on N. Como Rd. which is the SAME street the Town of Geneva police are located. I don't believe the locations to be coincidence. His dad was a police officer. He was forced to resign due the police department. Things just keep getting stranger and stranger with SZ.

I did not look that close...but if it is orange and blue....you are in HOC. MSDF is red. If you ended up in HOC...you are screwed and in a shiload of "uh-oh" THAT Means you are in a lot of trouble.

Good question, but I think if he drove to Oregon, California or Washington state, he would have a heck of a time getting a body back to Wisconsin. I don't know how many would risk driving half way across the country with a body in their vehicle.

Assuming she flew into Chicago, Milwaukee or even Rockford, there has to be record of an airline ticket somewhere. Did she have a one way or round trip ticket? Where are her belongings if she 'moved' here as it was stated she told friends she was moving? Were her belongings abandoned? Did she rent a vehicle to drive to WI with her belongings? Lots of questions are yet to be answered......

At first I thought LE had evidence that Jenny had been at the hotel with SZ but hadn't been seen coming out/leaving.
But they don't have evidence do they?
So far LE only has SZ's story.

No one knows the last time Jenny was seen alive unless LE has heard info from other peeps to help them trace her steps.

Aeronomy may be on to something when suggesting he's picking WI due to not having the death penalty ~ in the link below,
there's a map a ways down the page. Blue states don't have the death penalty - IL, WI, MI, MN and only a few others. Convenient, huh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_United_States

Jenny's foster mom said she spoke to her for the last time on Mother's Day 2012 (post #853 has link). LE said Jenny (both women) had a footprint on social media though. Maybe that will help LE narrow down her whereabouts?

Laura was living with him (caged) though. How do we know he didn't have Jenny with him for awhile as well?

This is a reply to carbuff post #1040 - the 'reply with quote' isn't working for me now.

Laura was living with him (caged) though. How do we know he didn't have Jenny with him for awhile as well?

This is a reply to carbuff post #1040 - the 'reply with quote' isn't working for me now.

Wait, do we KNOW that Laura was living with him caged? I know that there was the ad speculating that, but did I miss a MSM/LE confirmation of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I thought LE had evidence that Jenny had been at the hotel with SZ but hadn't been seen coming out/leaving.
But they don't have evidence do they?

I think you are confusing Jenny and Laura. It was Laura who was seen checking into a motel in Rochester, MN with SZ. She checked in using her real name and motel employee's saw SZ check out alone the following day.

Zelich was arrested after physical evidence linking him to the slain women was recovered this week in Wisconsin, Capt. John Sherwin of the Rochester, Minn., Police Department said Thursday.

A monthslong missing-person investigation by the Farmington Police Department led to the Microtel Inn and Suites in Rochester, where motel employees recognized Simonson's photo and told officials she had stayed in a room with Zelich Nov. 2 and 3, Sherwin said.

Zelich checked out of the motel alone on Nov. 3.
"Basically, after Nov. 2 she was never seen from or heard from again," Sherwin said.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...-suitcase-killings-b99299542z1-264736411.html

Wait, do we KNOW that Laura was living with him caged? I know that there was the ad speculating that, but did I miss a MSM/LE confirmation of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe this has been officially confirmed, but there are so many things about this case that haven't been reported or explained as of yet. I saw a picture of Laura with a collar on and a bruise on her face on this site, which would be evidence he crossed the line...my question is, did he take the picture? Another question...is he having a psych evaluation? (or wouldn't the press tell us this)?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/disturbed/201307/sadistic-killers

All this press coverage about how and where the suitcases were dropped off feels like a smoke screen. Robinson, the first on-line serial killer, gives us insight into how they prey upon women, and psychiatrists speak to their lack of empathy. Isn't it time we heard more about SZ life? The only mention so far was from a co-worker who said he never mentioned his personal life and kept to himself.

I'm new to websluths and understand I don't know a lot about investigations, but I do know this seems to be moving very slow - with lots of cover ups in the past. :tantrum:

And I'd like to hear what the autopsies reveal - you think they were decomposed to the degree they would not reveal physical abuse?

If I'm remembering correctly, all we know is that Laura went to meet him. I don't remember reading that she 'lived' with SZ. I have no doubt she was kept imprisoned by SZ. I do not believe Laura was killed in the hotel, I think she was bound and gagged, then placed in a suitcase alive and transported to wherever, and kept prisoner.

We don't know where SZ met Jenny. We only have his story. We don't know when she was killed. Again, we only have SZ's story. I think SZ is telling a "story" to attempt to put a "good spin" on what really happened. I don't think he will tell the truth about what he really did. I also think there are more victims out there.

I don't believe this has been officially confirmed, but there are so many things about this case that haven't been reported or explained as of yet. I saw a picture of Laura with a collar on and a bruise on her face on this site, which would be evidence he crossed the line...my question is, did he take the picture? Another question...is he having a psych evaluation? (or wouldn't the press tell us this)?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/disturbed/201307/sadistic-killers

All this press coverage about how and where the suitcases were dropped off feels like a smoke screen. Robinson, the first on-line serial killer, gives us insight into how they prey upon women, and psychiatrists speak to their lack of empathy. Isn't it time we heard more about SZ life? The only mention so far was from a co-worker who said he never mentioned his personal life and kept to himself.

I'm new to websluths and understand I don't know a lot about investigations, but I do know this seems to be moving very slow - with lots of cover ups in the past. :tantrum:

And I'd like to hear what the autopsies reveal - you think they were decomposed to the degree they would not reveal physical abuse?

Thank's for this! I've been saying that something is "off" about the way this case is being handled. I think that there's a lot of "cya" going on for one thing, because of the events surrounding SZ and the victim from 2001, SZ leaving the force as a result, and the "internal investigation" that was dropped. I wonder what else may be being withheld from SZ's days on the force??

Thank's for this! I've been saying that something is "off" about the way this case is being handled. I think that there's a lot of "cya" going on for one thing, because of the events surrounding SZ and the victim from 2001, SZ leaving the force as a result, and the "internal investigation" that was dropped. I wonder what else may be being withheld from SZ's days on the force??

There is nothing that makes sense about this case. There is a lot of "passing the blame" going on between departments/jurisdictions. I hate to bring up Dahmer again, but this also happened in his case. I work in construction and one of my former clients was a (now retired) Milwaukee probation/parole officer. He admitted that Dahmer's file was HUGE but no one really LOOKED at it until after the fact. I am sure this happens all the time (more than I would like to admit). They SHOULD have done something when the woman ran out of SZ's house and it seems that West Allis dropped the ball on that one. Not surprised. Happens all the time in DV cases. LE does not know who to believe. Problem is, in my mind, the police...if they had some suspicion that this woman was (as SZ said) a stripper or a prostitute they could have very easily taken her into custody, at least over night...gotten her some medical attention...interviewed her as to what exactly happened from her point of view. They didn't. That is failure of LE. They took SZ's word that she was a pro and all investigation stopped there.

There is no "proof" that SZ ever kept a woman in a cage. The only "proof" we have is that two women are dead and they are connected to SZ. I have a funny feeling some of this is narcissistic embellishment on SZ's part. Keep in mind, he is former LE. He was TRAINED to interview suspects and victims. He could just be spewing a bunch of blither that never really happened just to throw off LE. I have been incarcerated with people who did some pretty terrible things...and no one admits what they really did to get there. True, I was housed in a women's facility, which is different, since women really do more "crimes of passion" or are picked up for drugs or prostitution...but, as a former inmate I can say that no one really talks about why they are there, and if they do, it probably is not going to be what really happened. Some people talk, some people do not. The talkers are the ones who are usually ********ting. The ones that do not say much of anything are the ones who did something crazy. If he is talking...I would say 90% is BS.

And carrying out the fridge does not mean anything. I do evictions and if the fridge belonged to him (not the landlord) you take it into storage. As someone who does evictions, you toss almost everything EXCEPT personal stuff (i.e., family photos, jewelry, appliances, electronics, furniture). That fridge I saw on the news was way too small to put a much of anything in. No way a body would fit in there. I do know these things (not because I am strange...just because I know that size fridge). Not big enough. The only reason a deputy was carrying it out is most likely because when you are evicted the deputies come...and they have to be there (just in case some former tenant says you did not return their stuff) and he may have just been nice and helped carry the fridge out. If it was a "bad thing"...they tape it up for forensics. They just had a strap...which means they just were moving it.

I clean out houses when people pass away, get evicted, abandon. It is a rough job. I seen all sorts of things I would prefer I could unsee. But, the fridge was not taped up. It just had a wratchet strap...that means they were simply moving it. Nothing was in there.

I hate my job...I know I sometimes have to do some stuff I really am not happy with. I do not like throwing out people's personal possessions...but you have to. It sucks, I will not lie. BUT, if you see something "funny" you call the cops. That is how we work. You see a lot...but if there is something, "Uh-oh" we back off and call the police.

Just sayin...if there was something in that fridge it would have been taped up. Since it was not...it is just a fridge.

And carrying out the fridge does not mean anything. I do evictions and if the fridge belonged to him (not the landlord) you take it into storage. As someone who does evictions, you toss almost everything EXCEPT personal stuff (i.e., family photos, jewelry, appliances, electronics, furniture). That fridge I saw on the news was way too small to put a much of anything in. No way a body would fit in there. I do know these things (not because I am strange...just because I know that size fridge). Not big enough. The only reason a deputy was carrying it out is most likely because when you are evicted the deputies come...and they have to be there (just in case some former tenant says you did not return their stuff) and he may have just been nice and helped carry the fridge out. If it was a "bad thing"...they tape it up for forensics. They just had a strap...which means they just were moving it.

Maybe it's done different in WI, but I'd lived in a number of apts, duplexes and a condo in previous years...not one time did I have any reason to supply my own refrigerator. They were always part of the rental unit. Sometimes they were larger, sometimes they were smaller. Most times it depended on the age of the fridge. They have become taller and wider over the years. I do not believe that fridge was his own. It, in my opinion, was being taken in to be processed.

Every time I come to this thread, I'm pissed that it has HIS name on it up front and not the names of his two victims. That's what we usually do when unknown people are identified.
That's standard for this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member