WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Jenny was never reported missing, I wonder how investigators knew to look to her being Jane Doe? Either SZ gave them information, or they found information via his emails, etc. that led them to her.

Where are these friends that she lived with? Where did they think she went? Ugh, for some reason (I think it's because she was so young and had been in the foster system so long) this really just breaks my heart that noone knew she was missing or cared enough that she was missing.

I can't imagine nobody caring about her, she looks so full of life & happy in her pictures.

Totally heartbreaking!!!

I find it odd she was said to have left school to go to California, yet she showed up in Wisconsin. I am trying to fathom how a young poor college student could travel like this. One thing that crosses my mind is maybe she got involved with some un-stellar people online who got her to California then either sold her to Zelich or trafficked her and he was a John?

Hello, I was planning on just following this and never posting, but now after seeing all new people come forward I thought I would too. I think it's upsetting how these two poor souls were taken and dumped in such a horrific way. I was thinking though, what if he and Laura had met, and after awhile Laura wanted out. In the ad posted awhile ago by her family, it says he wouldn't allow her to contact to her family. Maybe she decided how bad the situation got, wanted to contact her family, he wouldn't let her leave since he wanted a "permanent" relationship, and he got so angry and eventually what happened, happened. Then maybe he had the ball gag and rope put around her and dumped her in Wisconsin so he could call it rough sex gone bad, and her being left with all of those items was his "proof." Or maybe her being left in that state was his was of being able to still be the dominant one. Disgusting.

I can finally reply now that they got me setup here! Hi, I am the newbie! I've been following this case and every thread closey for almost a week now! I work VERY close to where the bodies of Laura and Jamie were found. Just disturbing.

My questions are this...at some point wasn't there talk of SZ having a woman/women caged in his basement? How would that be possible living in an apartment complex? Also with the sexual acts he likes to perform you mean to tell me no neighbors ever heard anything going on?! Cmon I've been in many West Allis apts the walls are paper thin. And lastly I remember seeing that one neighbor said she sees him leave but never saw him with a vehicle she didn't think he even owned a car....if he was toting these bodied around like he claimed he was I find it very odd that no one saw him. Anyone else thinking that maybe he has property somewhere else?

Hello, Snoopysleuth! <modsnip>. The other woman identified today was Jenny.

The girl in a cage that he told me about was at his condo in Franklin. I lived there with him for a few months until we had to move out. Sister kicking him out of the business and selling the condo was the reason. We moved to a duplex on Washington in West Allis. That place had a basement as well. I'm not sure how long he lived there after I moved out in August of 2007. But the condo, well, the walls were very thick. I can personally attest to that. When he and I were together, he drove a blue Impala. Not sure if he still had that same car after I left though. He was financing it and it may have well gotten repo'd.

Derr yes I meant Jenny....sorry so much on my mind today including all these details! Anyine know approx how long he had his apartment in w.a?

Derr yes I meant Jenny....sorry so much on my mind today including all these details! Anyine know approx how long he had his apartment in w.a?

I haven't seen anything specific as to how long he lived there. According to JSR, he was living in West Allis in 2007 but I don't think it was at the same place. He was LE in West Allis from 1989 to 2001.

From the Washington St duplex eviction case filed 12-19-2011, judgment was granted in March 2012 to vacate. Cases after 2012 show the most current Lincoln Ave apartment building address.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...566B01FB5DF6A028B4363&recordCount=10&offset=3

NOTE: His next court date for this case shows as:
07-03-2014 at 10:00 am at the Walworth County Judicial Center - Room 3021 for a Preliminary hearing.
He has a no contact order for the victims & their families, with the designation of no computers, emails, or internet.

Since Jenny was never reported missing, I wonder how investigators knew to look to her being Jane Doe? Either SZ gave them information, or they found information via his emails, etc. that led them to her.

One of the TV news reports said that SZ gave them information that helped them identify Jenny. It is not in the written article, but there is a statement in this video: http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/news/Police-expected-to-ID-second-suitcase-victim-today-265215161.html It says something along these lines: "Zelich has been cooperative. According to his attorney, it was Zelich that helped identify the second victim."

On another topic, there is an interesting comment in this article: http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-new...case-identified-as-Jenny-Gamez-265257981.html
Friends say Gamez met Zelich online and went on a date with him in 2012. She was never heard from again. Zelich says he first met Gamez in Kenosha County, where he killed her and stuffed her body inside a suitcase.

I don't think she ever moved to California. Maybe she was planning to but went on that fateful "date" prior to leaving. Her foster family just thought she had already moved. Poor girl, it sounds like she was bounced around in the system most of her life. And it also sounds like she only lived with the quoted foster family for about a year, which was her senior year in high school.

http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Kenosha-Police-now-take-over-the-case-of-two-women-stuffed-in-a-suitcase-265313631.html

Kenosha police say Steven Zelich claimed a Kenosha hotel off the highway is where he met up with Jenny Gamez. She was later found bound and stuffed in a suitcase.

Police are now trying to confirm his claims by pulling guest book records, looking for witnesses from late 2012 and early 2013, and looking up Jenny Gamez's airline records.

Hotel managers told us Zelich's name wasn't in their records but police say records could be missing because the hotel was sold multiple times. In records CBS 58 uncovered, we found the hotel changed hands three times...

Kenosha is a strange place. It is kinda "in the middle" and has not quite decided if it is part of Chicago or part of Milwaukee. As far as what I DO know: I recently lost a loved one in Wind Lake (Racine County); They sent her body here to Milw. for autopsy. I do not know why...but they did. Apparently, Racine/Kenosha sends their autopsies for examination in Milw. County. We had a bear of a time getting labs back because it involved several counties...they initally said 6 weeks...I think it took 4 months and a lot of phone calls because none of it was coordinated.

There are also a lot of "no-tell motels" in Kenosha. When you come up from O'Hare (Chi Int'l) you pass by a ton of them. We Milwaukeeans make jokes not to stop there....they have always had a bad rep for being seedy and there is a running joke that just do not stop there. I am sure there are some nice places, but I know for a fact that there are some I would never step foot into. And that the place changed hands at least 3 times? Does not sound like a reputable place, to me.

I was lucky to travel a lot. You come through O'Hare a lot. Most people from Milwaukee just drive down to O'Hare rather than deal with the BS of a connecting flight to MKE. It is only a 60 minute drive, at most. Not that far, at all. You have to go through Kenosha on the way back. And regarding tolls...we all know how to get around them. There are back roads and stuff. Depend if you are in a hurry or otherwise. Most of us whi are from SE WI use the back roads and avoid the tolls alltogether.

I also want to Welcome all the Newbies!!!!!!!!

Kenosha seems to be where many people "stop off" and sadly would've been an ideal place for SZ to take and/or meet up with a victim, especially right in town. Most people are passerbys and pay no attention. The whole town reminds me of a big truck stop.

One of the TV news reports said that SZ gave them information that helped them identify Jenny. It is not in the written article, but there is a statement in this video: http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/news/Police-expected-to-ID-second-suitcase-victim-today-265215161.html It says something along these lines: "Zelich has been cooperative. According to his attorney, it was Zelich that helped identify the second victim."

On another topic, there is an interesting comment in this article: http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-new...case-identified-as-Jenny-Gamez-265257981.html

I don't think she ever moved to California. Maybe she was planning to but went on that fateful "date" prior to leaving. Her foster family just thought she had already moved. Poor girl, it sounds like she was bounced around in the system most of her life. And it also sounds like she only lived with the quoted foster family for about a year, which was her senior year in high school.

Since SZ took them to a motel room, killed them. Hid the fact he killed them, put them in his freezer, carried them around in suit cases. Then gave them such a wonderful (NOT) burial dropping them off in suitcases in the weeds along side the road, like they both were garbage! They did say that Jenny was in a black garbage bag.

What a dirt bag!!! Oh how I wish Wisconsin had the electric chair. For special cases like this.

He should of been more then willing to cooperate. I still think there are many more victims he has left behind. jmo

I absolutely concur cheko, theres got to be more! Especially since at one point he was living in even more privacy ie: his condo not having neighbors so close like in an apartment....maybe once moving to the apartment he had to start taking victims to hotels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member