Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Nyleen Kay Marshall been compared? I saw on reddit that there was some speculation that they could be the same person.

Has Nyleen Kay Marshall been compared? I saw on reddit that there was some speculation that they could be the same person.

Nyleen is not listed on the rule-outs, I don't know if she has been submitted, However there is a resemblance and some of the circumstances seem to fit. The person who kidnapped Nyleen sent a type written note post marked in Madison, Wisconsin. There was also a possible sighting of Marshall in a restaurant in Janesville, Wisconsin.

I submitted Nyleen, and I got a reply stating that Nyleen has been considered before and both individuals have DNA in CODIS and no match has been made. But she will forward the information to the investigating agencies for their review as well.

I submitted Nyleen, and I got a reply stating that Nyleen has been considered before and both individuals have DNA in CODIS and no match has been made. But she will forward the information to the investigating agencies for their review as well.
Thanks for doing that! I always wonder about automatic ruleouts due to the complex nature of different types of DNA. I can't get my head round it all!

Tuberous sclerosis is another genetic disease that is associated with mild cognitive impairment. Certain tumors and skin markings are associated with it. I had one such tumor on my right kidney (another genetic marker), and the first question the pathologist asked my urologist was if I were mentally impaired, to which I replied, I don't think so (my IQ is well over 100).
Just some food for thought.

Just to add, I don't have tuberous sclerosis, but the tumor I had is common with this condition, especially the location of it. My urologist couldn't explain it, so he chalked it up to being a rogue tumor. I had never heard of this disease before until the pathology came back.

Unfortunately, LE didn't release anything about the results
Various tests were conducted on her while her body was at the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s Office, Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling said.

In addition, a forensic anthropologist came all the way from Knoxville, Tennessee, to perform isotope testing, which measures natural variations in the body, he said, although he could not elaborate on what was found other than saying they have narrowed down the woman’s age.

Authorities now believe she was between 18 to 25 years old, Schmaling said Tuesday.

Previously it was estimated she was between 18 and 30.

I seem to recall reading (here?) that LE were pursuing a line of enquiry about which they were optimistic. Has there been any update on that?

No they've been very quiet

Thank you. I've been mulling over an idea which I haven't seen mentioned so far in connection with this case but don't see much point expounding it, if LE thinks they may be close to solving it, since it seems very much a long shot.

This article from 11/2015 states the isotopes testing was inconclusive:
Certain isotopes can be found in teeth and bones even after death, so investigators were hoping that Jane Doe’s isotopes would give them a key to eventually lead to her identity, but the tests were inconclusive
http://racinecountyeye.com/mystery-of-racine-county-jane-doe-continues/
Not really sure what they mean, if they were unable to actually get good quality results or that there was nothing there? Or were they just not able to interpret the results to pinpoint where she was raised, etc?

Not really sure what they mean, if they were unable to actually get good quality results or that there was nothing there? Or were they just not able to interpret the results to pinpoint where she was raised, etc?

Could be any of those and could also be that it indicated she was from an area that has so many people that knowing she was from there didn't help them much. I've read that people who drink lots of canned sodas or beer or other drinks can have ambiguous results because they're ingesting water from a different area as well as from their own.

Thanks, Carbuff. I was thinking along those lines, too.

I personally think they're BS'ing. They don't want to release it. Does anyone have time to request the results via FOIA? I bet they won't allow them released.

Perhaps it means that the result indicated such a wide area that it didn't actually help to narrow down her origins or where she'd been.

I keep reading that she has highlights in her hair which would imply to me that at some point (recent) she was taking care of herself (or someone else was) to have highlights put in her hair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE