Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks...taramarie..my computer skills are 😕

Namus 4381
Lisa Schmidt has been the only close match I have come across since A Bowman who was ruled out 😢

I see a resemblance and her statistics match up. Maybe she was abducted as she walked to the store.

I submitted to doe network and was told..not probable with no explanation.😕

You would need to find out if UNT holds Racine's DNA now because LE held it a few years ago when Cathy and Carl tried to get Alexis (missing as Aundria Bowman) compared. Was a huge pain in the rear

I had forgotten that. Hm. Now I need to ponder whether I think there's enough possibility to be worth pursuing further inquiries. The isotope connection is intriguing...

Lisa was submitted...will keep informed. This Jane doe saddens me...so brutal and cruel :(

Interesting that they think she may have spent time in Canada. Have any Canadian ladies been looked at as possible matches? Is there a database for missing people in Canada that's like Namus.gov?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, Canada's missing person database is not as large or comprehensive as the US's.

Unfortunately, Canada's missing person database is not as large or comprehensive as the US's.

It's not even close, but I've noticed that they've added quite a few more cases in the past year, so it's catching on.

Any chance it could be Mistie Murray?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/murray_mistie.html

I see physical similarities...she is from southern Canada (Ontario), hair colour & eyes a match... she went missing in 1995, presumed a runaway... thoughts?

Thank you for your suggestion.

Actually I don't think so, Misty had 5 and 2 ear piercings. UID 2 in each ear, or the coroner didn't look at it very good, but because it is listed, they did. I'm thinking also about the height differences, but Misty could have grown a little in theory as she was sixteen (not very likely), or the stated height of Misty could be a little inaccurate. Also Misty has a distinctive mole...

The ear piercings, if holes were not used, could have closed over (from experience)
As for height...Misty went missing a few yrs prior so may have grown
The mole is an issue, but moles can change or be removed...

I just thought maybe...I did put her name forward to be ruled out
She was just close in a lot of ranges that I thought she was a possibility

:)

Thank you for your suggestion.

Actually I don't think so, Misty had 5 and 2 ear piercings. UID 2 in each ear, or the coroner didn't look at it very good, but because it is listed, they did. I'm thinking also about the height differences, but Misty could have grown a little in theory as she was sixteen (not very likely), or the stated height of Misty could be a little inaccurate. Also Misty has a distinctive mole...

Height is one of the least reliable demographic characteristics. I usually consider +/- 2" each way to be close enough for a match, which puts Mistie in range.

The mole is a negative but there are some compelling similarities. She's from an area covered by the isotope results, the rest of the demographics match, her circumstances are plausible. The resemblance is quite close.

racine JD with Mistie Murray.png

I'd submit it - there are enough similarities there to warrant LE to look into it and run DNA...

Height is one of the least reliable demographic characteristics. I usually consider +/- 2" each way to be close enough for a match, which puts Mistie in range.

The mole is a negative but there are some compelling similarities. She's from an area covered by the isotope results, the rest of the demographics match, her circumstances are plausible. The resemblance is quite close.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members