Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have this strong feeling she's not from the USA or her family did this to her 😕

Bumping because I live in Wisconsin

But I also have a theory. Could this young woman have been abducted, with the intention of being kept for a long time? Like the Ariel Castro ( is that his name?) or Jaycee Dugard or similar cases, but she died from her injuries?

I don't think that this woman was cognitively disabled. I think that when she was beaten with a blunt instrument about the head, she got a concussion. This likely occurred during the beating when her ear was deformed.

I find the torture before killing to be very specific. I haven't read of very many homicides in which the victim was tortured so brutally for so long before being killed.

We have to find out who she is. She must have felt so scared and hopeless before she was killed. :(

Going off of my previous concussion comment, I think that Tammy Lynn Lamondin of Newmarket, Canada looks remarkably similar to our JD. http://www.nampn.org/cases/lamondin_tammy.html

From just south of Newmarket to the IL border is about 7 or so hours by highway. Her killer may have begun torturing her in Canada, and could have threatened her to act natural while they crossed the border. Or, She could have been murdered in Canada, and been excused as a sleeping passenger in the vehicle while crossing the border.

I know it's a stretch, but I found her hair and facial shape to be like the recon.

I would agree with the Lamondin possibility because there is a slight resemblance, except she is listed as having blue eyes.
The investigators were very specific that RCJD's eyes were not blue. I have to believe they were certain about that or else they wouldn't have taken the time to make sure it was clear they weren't blue.
If they were blue, would have pegged her for Amy Sue Pagnac.
From RCJD's NamUs page:
Eye description Brown or hazel but not blue.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4741

Bumping because I live in Wisconsin

But I also have a theory. Could this young woman have been abducted, with the intention of being kept for a long time? Like the Ariel Castro ( is that his name?) or Jaycee Dugard or similar cases, but she died from her injuries?

Usually Cauliflower ear comes from repeat trauma to the same spot. It's not usually a one-time trauma. So, yes, it could be a situation where she was reportedly beaten and kept somewhere.

Usually Cauliflower ear comes from repeat trauma to the same spot. It's not usually a one-time trauma. So, yes, it could be a situation where she was reportedly beaten and kept somewhere.
This would be consistent with the brain injury/impairment. If she received multiple concussions over time, it would be likely she received a disabling injury to her brain, which likely affected her cognition.

I was going to say the same thing about cauliflower ear. I see it a lot of MMA fighters who take a lot of punches.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This would be consistent with the brain injury/impairment. If she received multiple concussions over time, it would be likely she received a disabling injury to her brain, which likely affected her cognition.

It could be, but not always. I always wondered how they concluded she had an intellectual disability. If it was organic and obvious at autopsy, they might be able to track medical records. If not speculation. And if she received the injuries as a child, the brain can re-route neurotransmissions and do amazing things if there is an area of damage. So, very curious how they could conclude that. Unless there are other non-reported markers.

It could be, but not always. I always wondered how they concluded she had an intellectual disability. If it was organic and obvious at autopsy, they might be able to track medical records. If not speculation. And if she received the injuries as a child, the brain can re-route neurotransmissions and do amazing things if there is an area of damage. So, very curious how they could conclude that. Unless there are other non-reported markers.
Did they specify the type of disability she had? My thoughts are purely speculation based on the information that I've seen.

It is strange how they came to the conclusion that she had any cognitive disability. Maybe brain scans, or the location and density of neurons? I don't understand how a disability would be obvious in an autopsy, aside from a chromosomal mutation? She could have had an enlarged frontal lobe, which would have been obvious in autopsy.

The brain is an awesome and marvellous organ.

She had a number of craniofacial markers of possible disability, including ears low on her head and the small brain cavity, but there's no way to know how severe the impairment might have been.

Are there any post mortem photos of her face? I feel like maybe if we can determine a possible disorder, we could compare that to patient records at hospitals. Though, based on her recons, I'd wager if she did have a developmental disorder, it was probably mild.

What if she was part of a fight club?

Thanks Rose! I forgot that I'd seen that PM photo. Are we aware of any others? Or maybe a profile view recon?

Just based on the information given about UID, I believe that she could have suffered from microcephaly, which accounts for the small brain cavity, and possible intellectual disability. Based on the information given, she could have had mild symptoms, intellectual disability, I'd wager possibly poor speech and maybe some motor dysfunction as well.

That is all just my speculation from reading wikipedia, and a news link I found on google.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-04/microcephaly-after-diagnosis-a-life-of-uncertainty

Are there any post mortem photos of her face? I feel like maybe if we can determine a possible disorder, we could compare that to patient records at hospitals. Though, based on her recons, I'd wager if she did have a developmental disorder, it was probably mild.

What if she was part of a fight club?

Patient records athospitals or anywhere else aren't available for searching due to privacy laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She had a number of craniofacial markers of possible disability, including ears low on her head and the small brain cavity, but there's no way to know how severe the impairment might have been.

Thank you. I haven't read too in-depth with her. Possibility, with the signs of prolonged abuse aka cauliflower ear, she was a fostered child or family collected SSDI benefits on her due to disability, etc. If she was a state driven adoption often there are special payments for upkeep that do end after the child is over a certain age. People are incentivised to adopt. If she came of age and the benefits received on her were greatly reduced, it could result in this type of violence. And if a situation where she was adopted for this, obviously she would not be reported missing. Brainstorming here....

Thank you. I've been mulling over an idea which I haven't seen mentioned so far in connection with this case but don't see much point expounding it, if LE thinks they may be close to solving it, since it seems very much a long shot.

OK, since the months have gone by with no further information from LE, here is my (long shot) idea:

She died as a result of an exorcism that went to far.

Over the past decade or two we have seen in the UK a rising number of abuse cases linked to non-British churches. This abuse takes the form of a type of exorcism designed to beat the devil or a demon out of a young person, almost always a girl or young woman and very commonly one with mental health problems or various disabilities whose manifestation is behavioural problems and cognitive impairment. It's the other end of the scale from Prosperity Theology (people are wealthy, healthy and so on because of God's favour), ie people are disabled or poor because they are not favoured by God or because of witchcraft or some form of possession, or simply because they are bad or evil.

There are cultures, and churches, for whom disability is evidence of possession or other demonic presence. In the UK context we've seen the rise of churches of West African, especially Nigerian, origin for which this is a big deal. The West African belief in witchcraft and spirit possession + a Christian tradition which is heavily evangelical and pentecostal = (in some cases) violent abuse passed off as exorcism. Some victims have died as a result of this activity.

The abuse tends to escalate because initial failure of the exorcism is interpreted as evidence that the subject is even more deliberately wilful or disobedient than had been thought, or that the devil/demon is persistent. As a result, the abuse increases until the subject dies or until one of those involved puts a stop to it for one reason or another.

So how does this link with our RCJD?

1. It would tie in with the cognitive disabilities which LE have talked about;
2. It would explain the escalating pattern of abuse over a period of weeks and the resultant range of injuries in various stages of healing.

So I'm wondering whether she could have been sucked into a profoundly evangelical or pentecostal type church and it went very badly wrong.

According to what I'm seeing isotopes were inconclusive, supposedly the Smithsonian are still working on it. I could have sworn LE decided not to release that information but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I know it was posted in the thread, probably by me but I don't have time to search right now. I want to ask but I want to make sure I read they weren't releasing it 1st.

Jane Doe Racine County, Wisconsin posted August 1 ·
Isotope testing continuing at The Smithsonian

Racine County Jane Doe case remains unsolved - By Eric Ross - 12:36 PM, Aug 1, 2016 - 5:01 PM, Aug 1, 2016

Investigator Hintz hopes the composite sketch of the girl and a description of her clothing will help crack this case....

So far, nobody has come forward to claim the woman, who investigators believe was in her late teens or early 20’s when she was tortured and killed.

“She was burnt and beaten,” Hintz said. “In the last few days of her life it escalated substantially.”

DNA samples were collected, and in 2013, her body was exhumed for isotope testing.

Mystery of Racine County Jane Doe Continues - Posted By: Heather Asiyanbi November 18, 2015

Investigators hoping advanced forensic testing would help lead them to the identity of the young woman found in a Raymond cornfield in 1999 continue to work her case despite the testing proving inconclusive...

Two years ago, Jane Doe was exhumed for isotope testing, a process by which bone tissue is removed from a body to try and determine where she was from or at least had been in the months leading up to her death.

In a nutshell, the makeup of the earth – gases, minerals, chemical compounds – varies greatly from region to region. The foods we eat – both animal and vegetable – can be a map to where we’ve been because the foods absorb the unique makeup of the earth where they are, so when we eat those foods, we’re also absorbing those gases, minerals and chemical compounds.

Certain isotopes can be found in teeth and bones even after death, so investigators were hoping that Jane Doe’s isotopes would give them a key to eventually lead to her identity, but the tests were inconclusive. Still, Racine County Sheriff’s Investigator Tracy Hintz, lead detective on Jane’s case, continues to follow leads and believes that as science continues to evolve, answers about Jane’s identity and her killer(s) will become clear.

Sheriff On Catching Jane Doe’s Killer: It’s Only A Matter Of Time -
Posted By: Denise Lockwood July 21, 2015
With law enforcement officials from several jurisdictions surrounding her casket, the woman they’ve come to know as “Jane Doe” was buried at noon Tuesday, July 21 at Holy Family Cemetery in Caledonia after her body had been exhumed in October 2013 to gather more DNA evidence. Investigators with the Racine County Sheriff’s Department know she wasn’t a girl as they originally thought, and that she was likely between the ages of 18 to 25-years-old when she died.

OK, since the months have gone by with no further information from LE, here is my (long shot) idea:

She died as a result of an exorcism that went to far.

Over the past decade or two we have seen in the UK a rising number of abuse cases linked to non-British churches. This abuse takes the form of a type of exorcism designed to beat the devil or a demon out of a young person, almost always a girl or young woman and very commonly one with mental health problems or various disabilities whose manifestation is behavioural problems and cognitive impairment. It's the other end of the scale from Prosperity Theology (people are wealthy, healthy and so on because of God's favour), ie people are disabled or poor because they are not favoured by God or because of witchcraft or some form of possession, or simply because they are bad or evil.

There are cultures, and churches, for whom disability is evidence of possession or other demonic presence. In the UK context we've seen the rise of churches of West African, especially Nigerian, origin for which this is a big deal. The West African belief in witchcraft and spirit possession + a Christian tradition which is heavily evangelical and pentecostal = (in some cases) violent abuse passed off as exorcism. Some victims have died as a result of this activity.

The abuse tends to escalate because initial failure of the exorcism is interpreted as evidence that the subject is even more deliberately wilful or disobedient than had been thought, or that the devil/demon is persistent. As a result, the abuse increases until the subject dies or until one of those involved puts a stop to it for one reason or another.

So how does this link with our RCJD?

1. It would tie in with the cognitive disabilities which LE have talked about;
2. It would explain the escalating pattern of abuse over a period of weeks and the resultant range of injuries in various stages of healing.

So I'm wondering whether she could have been sucked into a profoundly evangelical or pentecostal type church and it went very badly wrong.

I absolutely love those that think out side the box! That is a plausible theory, and one worth searching on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera