Deceased/Not Found WI - Rosalio Gutierrez Jr, 40, Kenosha County, 17 May 2020 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Both articles have detailed information about the people and events leading up to Rosalio's disappearance and death as well as about the timeline and evidence already collected. Still no word on Rosalio's whereabouts. :(

Mequon man charged with murder, hiding corpse of Kenosha man
18 Dec 2020
A Mequon man is facing four felony charges, including homicide and hiding a corpse, related to the disappearance of a Kenosha man. Zachariah Anderson, 40, was charged Dec. 11 in Kenosha County Circuit Court with felony counts of first-degree intentional homicide, hiding a corpse and two counts of stalking.

Mequon man charged in presumed death of Kenosha man
Dec 17, 2020
MEQUON — Kenosha Police Department investigators say they have obtained enough evidence in the disappearance of a Kenosha man to charge a Mequon man with his murder, despite the lack of a body. According to the complaint, police also found two burn pits, one behind Anderson’s Mequon home and another on the property of his brother’s business in Saukville.

Man charged in missing person homicide case bound over for trial

Over the objection of his defense attorney, Zachariah Anderson was bound over for trial in a case where he is accused of killing a man whose body has never been found.

Anderson, 40, of Mequon, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, hiding a corpse and stalking, accused of killing Kenosha resident Rosalio Gutierrez Jr.

Mother wants Kenosha man's remains found: 'My only hope'

The mother of a missing Kenosha man is determined to find her only son's remains.

Rosalio Gutierrez Jr. was last seen in May 2020. A man has been charged for his death and hiding his corpse, but the body has not yet been found.

Kenosha County Crime Stoppers is now offering a $10,000 reward in hopes someone will speak up.

...SBM

"I want to bring my son home to Kenosha. I want to know where he is at."

Anderson is scheduled to appear in court in September. Anyone with information that could help Gutierrez's family is asked to give police a call.

Rosalio Gutierrez Jr. – The Charley Project

Casefile added on August 16, 2021

Rosalio Gutierrez Jr.
  • gutierrez_rosalio8.jpg
  • gutierrez_rosalio9.jpg
  • gutierrez_rosalio_anderson.jpg
Gutierrez, circa 2020; Zachariah Anderson

Details of Disappearance
Gutierrez was last seen in Kenosha, Wisconsin on May 17, 2020. He didn't show up for work on May 18 or 19.

On May 19, police went to his residence in the 3700 block of 15th Street to do a welfare check and found Gutierrez gone. They found both his vehicles in the parking lot.

At his apartment, the patio door was open, furniture had been moved around, an area rug was missing and there was a large amount of blood present. There was blood scattered throughout the apartment's main living area and a large stain, consistent with someone lying there bleeding heavily. In the spot where the area rug was missing, the floor was not bloodstained. Based on analysis of the stains, police concluded there had been a struggle and someone was struck multiple times with an object.

Zachariah J. Anderson was arrested on May 20, three days after Gutierrez's disappearance, and charged with stalking. He is the ex-boyfriend of the woman Gutierrez dated at the time of his disappearance, and was accused of putting a GPS tracker with a voice-activated listening device on her car and spying on her and Gutierrez.

There was electronic evidence indicating Anderson had been in Kenosha, GPS directions to Gutierrez's home on his phone, and a photo on the phone of what appeared to be Gutierrez's auto registration, which had been stolen from Gutierrez's vehicle on April 24. When police searched Anderson's van, they noted some carpet had been cut away and there was a distinct odor of bleach. They found some bloodstains.

In December 2020, Anderson was additionally charged with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse. DNA results from bloodstains in his van showed the blood was Gutierrez's, which is what led to the murder charge. A cadaver dog was brought to the burn pit at Anderson's Mequon, Wisconsin home and the dog alerted on clothing remnants, steel-toed boots and a charred bottle of bleach.

There is also a burn pit at a Saukville, Wisconsin tree farm owned by Anderson's family, and in that pit the cadaver dog alerted on remnants of a shirt that matched the color and pattern of the shirt Gutierrez was last seen wearing. Anderson was spotted on surveillance footage at a Walmart in Saukville on May 18, buying food, two boxes of garbage bags, two boxes of latex gloves and two containers of bleach.

A photo of Anderson is posted with this case summary. He is awaiting trial.

Gutierrez was raised in Wisconsin and studied criminal justice and sociology at the University of Wisconsin. He worked as a contractor and flipped houses, and enjoyed playing baseball and spending time with his two children. Foul play is suspected in his case due to the circumstances involved.
Investigating Agency
Source Information

OCT 29, 2022
[...]

For Patterson, there is no true rest until she knows where her son's body is.

"He was a momma’s boy, true and true, he made no qualms about it, even if they would tell him, oh 'you’re just a momma’s boy’, he would say, ‘so?’" she said. "He was just very loving. He was a very good son. And I miss him every day."

[...]

Investigators believe they've found some answers. Zachariah Anderson, the man charged in Gutierrez's death, is set to face trial in 2023. But despite searches in spots connected to Anderson, including Random Lake, they have yet to find a body.

[...]

The mother is asking others to stay as vigilant as she is, pleading with hunters this fall to watch for signs of her son's remains.

"I plead to them, as a mother, to keep your eyes open," said Patterson. "I strongly feel Ozaukee and Sheboygan (counties), I have a feeling my son is up there."

[...]

Zachariah J. Anderson, 42, is set for Monday morning before Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schroeder. Opening statements could be presented to the jury as early as Tuesday in the trial expected to last about two weeks.

Anderson is accused of killing Rosalio Gutierrez Jr., of Kenosha inside his Wood Creek apartment unit on the city’s north side nearly three years ago.

Gutierrez went missing on May 17, 2020. His body has never been found.

Anderson is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, a Class A felony that carries a sentence of life in prison if he is found guilty. Anderson is also charged with hiding a corpse and two counts of stalking, all felonies.

These attorneys bickering is driving me insane.
Yeah, that's what I came to web sleuths. I was hoping to get some kind of understanding of what the heck is going on. I mean, I won't say I'm some trial watcher expert, but I've seen at least two dozen or so and I don't think I have ever seen anything like this. I have never seen lawyers bicker for HOURS about hearsay. Did that really happen today? OMG.

I can't imagine how the jury feels about it because they have to keep leaving, and the money this must be costing. Wow.

I can see why the Defense does not want this witness - former jail cell mate - to testify about what he was allegedly told about the alleged drug deals and history of the defendant. The Judge rightly pointed out the plea bargain the witness took and that he could be seen as having numerous motivating factors to “come up with something” since his testimony is part of that package.

It’s been very interesting to see the State try to argue this isn’t “other bad acts” (not normally permitted under the Rules), then pivot to it could be other bad acts but that it falls under an exception, even though these do not relate at all to the current murder charges.

I think the State’s arguments about wanting to just “bolster the credibility” of this witness have been pretty weak and the Judge bent over backwards allowing them to go home and research cases to bring back for argument this morning. The Defense saying this is clearly a big part of their case seems correct, since they’re arguing so much about it. Makes a lot of the rest of their case seem weak “what else could they have?” if they need this jail mate testimony about defendant’s prior bad acts with drug dealing activities THIS badly? I don’t know.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back