GUILTY WI - Samuel Aegerter, 30, killed in road rage incident, Janesville, 4 June 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TY Sandman333-I can see a manslaughter charge. I really can. But there must be an issue regarding intent that us as spectators are unaware of.

The confession was not thrown out and I expected to see that Mr. Hall had Use Immunity. A wise move on his part, unless of course he could be impeached.

So we wait to see if the trial moves forward-if he will plead guilty to Manslaughter, he might very well spare the family of the victim and his own family much pain and suffering.

How incredibly sad.

I believe, and I could be wrong that the charge stands as is to throw out the alcohol factor and intent..He did shoot twice and not one shot right after another. There was ample time in between to drive off, stop etc..?...

I believe, and I could be wrong that the charge stands as is to throw out the alcohol factor and intent..He did shoot twice and not one shot right after another. There was ample time in between to drive off, stop etc..?...

Using that yardstick, they all could have opted to disengage from the situation before it started.

I wasnt there, but I am willing to believe there was some alcohol involved, and while I dont know the kind of weapon he fired I could see squeezing off two shots.

I think his confession shows remorse-just the fact that he confessed after being mirandized twice, as you say. I will be praying for all involved until the trial date rolls around. I mean, you cant tell me that Mr Hall would rather not participate in this any longer either....

Jim was a military man. He was TRAINED, like police officers to "Double Tap" . Was Hall a military man? I really don't know the answer. This statement that Humphrey allegedly shot twice in close succession means nothing more than that it was instict. It doesn't mean that it involves Murder One with Intent! I've known many people in the military and I've worked around a lot of police. The "Double Tap" that you say is the one thing that shows intent? It means nothing more than that he shot twice- not that Humphrey did it. It only would have only told you that the shooter was trained.

The family of a man lost pays the bigger price. BY FAR. Has drinking become a shield in society to hide behind? I sure hope not. Should a man even carry a gun while going out drinking? I certainly think not. There is surely a "ripple" affect. But those who have suffered the most are not the shooter. I cannot imagine that bantering and road rage could even take this sorta of turn. Family cast down? Possibly the words from his primary family who has done nothing but try to point the finger or "muddy the waters" in this investigation towards an innocent party when they have known since June 7, 2010 that he had indeed done this.

mssheila- it is not trained instinct , Military or not to shoot twice at an unarmed man in a vehicle over words. This just makes a military man (or any man) look as though he had no training. Or restraint.

Also-- in your paragraph "not that Humphrey did it"... Did you miss his confession? Did you go to the hearing and listen/watch his 20-30 minute video? He has surely admitted to his guilt in this, and has never blamed anyone else.

The family of a man lost pays the bigger price. BY FAR. Has drinking become a shield in society to hide behind? I sure hope not. Should a man even carry a gun while going out drinking? I certainly think not. There is surely a "ripple" affect. But those who have suffered the most are not the shooter. I cannot imagine that bantering and road rage could even take this sorta of turn. Family cast down? Possibly the words from his primary family who has done nothing but try to point the finger or "muddy the waters" in this investigation towards an innocent party when they have known since June 7, 2010 that he had indeed done this.

mssheila- it is not trained instinct , Military or not to shoot twice at an unarmed man in a vehicle over words. This just makes a military man (or any man) look as though he had no training. Or restraint.

Also-- in your paragraph "not that Humphrey did it"... Did you miss his confession? Did you go to the hearing and listen/watch his 20-30 minute video? He has surely admitted to his guilt in this, and has never blamed anyone else.

BBM-impairment of any kind has stood the test of time as a reason to be more lenient. The question becomes what kind of man is Humphreys when he is not drinking and carrying a gun and being cursed at etc. Is he a danger to society or the community? When he is not impaired?

He does not appear to be a cold blooded sociopathic killer who enjoyed what he did. He appears to be a man who was carried away by the moment and who did not have the judgement to walk away when he had the opportunity to. Judgement that may have been impaired. I am willing to bet the every single person who participated in this scenario was suffering from impaired judgement of some kind.

Lets face it-road rage is not normal. Either inciting it, or participating in it.

With no disrespect intended sandman333, the days of temperance are long gone. I think there is room for forgiveness almost always-in this case a life was lost, a friendship FOREVER destroyed, and families who are in terrible pain. I bet Humphreys would take back that moment in an instant if he could. I am sure Hall would, and I am quite certain the guys in the jeep would.

What a mess.

Believe- Its not a matter of stepping back in time, hind sight, or what if`s any longer. All that goes without saying.. Of course anyone would take it all back. That is not an option anymore. The question does remain is what kind of man is Humphrey, or did anyone ever really know him. It also should not matter whom was yelling what, it was only one man who decided to pull out a hand gun.... Forgiveness? Only time will tell.

Sandman - Forgiveness, I pray for forgiveness for each of them. According to court records Mr. Hall has an extensive record. I pray for forgiveness for him as well. Why he was not charged with any crime is inconceivable. After reading the postings here, in his own words he admits to several crimes. I look forward to following this for more postings and updates. Good luck to all involved.

Extensive record? Really? Certainly exaggerations. Also, if something is listed on CCAP, it also shows if something has been DISMISSED. What is ones definition of "extensive". Dont toss words so lightly, back them up. Also- just what is it that Mr. Hall is guilty of in this instance? Nothing. Other then being with someone who did something horrific. Several crimes such as what? Maybe make yourself more clear Mr. or Mrs. WTF... Do you not believe I cant read between the lines here? Mr. Hall has been drug through the mud due to people and their innuendo`s. Seems this post comes at a questionable time given the fact that Mr. Humphrey is entering his formal Guilty Plea today.. Hmmmmmm. Just my opinion.

Sandman - according to the articles on this thread, by his own admission he lied to police and helped hide the murder weapon. That night he stated he thought someone had been shot - it's not that he didn't realize what happened. How are those things not crimes? I can appreciate you wanting to protect your friend, as I would want to do, but I don't know how you can explain away his own statements. It appears that Mr. Humphrey is doing the right thing, if as you say he's pleading guilty today. It will save all involved alot of suffering if Mr. Humphrey pleads guilty, if he is in fact guilty of what he's being charged with. I just don't know how Mr. Hall can think he's completely innocent in this. I agree with Kimberly, he's at least an accessory after the fact, if nothing else. I'll still pray for forgiveness for each of them.

First of all--Mr. Hall did not state that he had thought someone had been shot---Mr. Humphrey said something to that affect. We could go back and forth all day long. Mr. Hall did not do this crime--or any crime. You come on here full of exaggerations and convictions with what?? Nothing but words. You sit there and point at Mr. Hall, well what about Mr. Humphrey? It is he that should have turned himself in, not Mr. Hall. People`s thinking in this just baffles me. And again--Mr. Humphrey did NOT do the right thing- Mr. Hall did. People need to be upset that Mr. Humphrey shot and killed a man, not that Mr. Hall turned him in. Wow.. Look at the big REAL picture here. And yes at this very moment Mr. Humphrey is pleading out, since you are willing to dig up people and their so called "extensive" records, then I find this odd that you would not have looked at Mr. Humphrey`s and viewed this under his "court events".

Wow, you are certainly passionate about this! I'm only making comments based on things I've read here. Yes, we could go back and forth about this all day, but the fact remains that Mr. Hall, by his own admission, DID hide the murder weapon and DID lie to police. Where I come from that's a crime. Yes, Mr. Humphrey apparently didn't do the right thing, but it would appear he's doing the right thing now by pleading guilty - if what you say is true. Mr. Hall on the other hand is not taking any responsibility, at any point, for his part in this. It's interesting to me that you say "people's" thinking on this, so apparently alot of people feel as I do. Maybe that should tell YOU something. Maybe you're just too close to this to be objective. I don't think it's wrong that Mr. Hall turned him in and I didn't read anywhere that people were upset that Mr. Hall turned Mr. Humphrey in. I think Mr. Hall possibly did the right thing in that case, just a little too late. My guess is Mr. Hall contacted a lawyer or some legal official about the incident and was advised what to do.

People assume too much..Thats alot of todays problems with society. Someone as yourself coming on here claiming Mr.Hall has an extensive record. Which by the way is laughable. Planting seeds in minds of others. When the real issue is a man shot and killed another. Mr. Hall also did not hide the weapon, it stated he helped. You yourself stated here he hid the weapon. Helping and doing it themselves are quite different. I am still laughing at the extensive record thing. People need to read everything. It is also terrible when people constantly comment on what they do not have all the facts on. Mr. Humphrey shot and killed a man, this is a fact.

I've assumed nothing. The facts are in court records, police reports and quotes from newspaper articles. The more you protested, I spent a little more time looking into Mr. Hall's dealings with police. I stand by extensive - and there's nothing laughable about any of it. Mr. Humphrey is paying the price for his crime and seemingly is extremely remorseful. Nothing will ever bring back the life that was lost. It's just a shame that Hall will not be held accountable for his part in all of it. I think you "doth protest too much!" His actions, or lack of, and words speak volumes.

Do the right thing? 65years or 20 for a plea deal? Guess doing the right thing is easy when it subtracts 45years in my opinion!:banghead:

I would have no way of knowing how "easy" that would be - maybe if it went to trial the sentence would have been less, there is always that possiblity. But I AM CERTAIN it would be easy to do the right thing if you're given no legal consequences for your actions and IMMUNITY, as Hall was. So Hall made his deal too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back