GUILTY WI - Samuel Aegerter, 30, killed in road rage incident, Janesville, 4 June 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no doubt helping to hide a murder weapon and lying to LE during a murder investigation are crimes that are punishable by law. That's why his plea deal is stated the way it is. If they find out he has not been truthful, they can come back and take away the deal and charge him with the crimes he HAS committed. No doubt he committed the crimes, he just will not have to face charges for them because of the deal. That's the point several are trying to make.

That does not lessen the severity of the shooters crime or change his punishment.
Seems the man who pulled the trigger has confessed. He will serve time.

IMO they should both serve time.

JMO

Absolutely! I agree nothing will EVER lessen the severity of Mr. Humphrey's crime! He's apparently been in jail for months awaiting his final punishment. It's just hard for me to swallow that anyone would try to paint Hall as an innocent victim. He's FAR from that. I agree with you, in my opinion they should BOTH be serving time.

Kimberly - "Hall said he lied to police and helped cover up the crime. He testified he helped bury the gun and dumped ammunition in the Sugar River near Albany."

http://www.gazettextra.com/news/2011/feb/11/motorcyclist-pleads-guilty-homicide/

So if LE find out that Hall has lied regarding ANY of what he's said, his deal is off the table? For instance, if it's proven that he knows where the gun currently is, etc, then his immunity deal is null and void? Just trying to get a clear understanding. Thanks!

Kimberly - "Hall said he lied to police and helped cover up the crime. He testified he helped bury the gun and dumped ammunition in the Sugar River near Albany."

http://www.gazettextra.com/news/2011/feb/11/motorcyclist-pleads-guilty-homicide/

So if LE find out that Hall has lied regarding ANY of what he's said, his deal is off the table? For instance, if it's proven that he knows where the gun currently is, etc, then his immunity deal is null and void? Just trying to get a clear understanding. Thanks!

That's the way I understand it.
Many plea/immunity deals are contingent on the witness telling the truth during the trial.
The deal can be voided and charges can be filed if they find out any of his testimony in court was false/a lie.

Believe- Its not a matter of stepping back in time, hind sight, or what if`s any longer. All that goes without saying.. Of course anyone would take it all back. That is not an option anymore. The question does remain is what kind of man is Humphrey, or did anyone ever really know him. It also should not matter whom was yelling what, it was only one man who decided to pull out a hand gun.... Forgiveness? Only time will tell.

You know what? I KNEW HIM. And I know that he has none of those qualities on any given day. He was impaired, used poor judgement and got carried away. I know he did not intend to shoot anyone. Period. If he is guilty of the crime, it was a moment of unbridled rage. He is NOT like that in any way normally. He's a gentle guy. He helped both my ex and I in our divorce. He mediated between both of, tried to play peacemaker. I appreciate him for that, and many other kindnesses he has shown over the years.

He shot twice, and that is exactly what the Judge has asked to review before he sentences him. Its right on CCAP. Along with many other people`s backgrounds.

Has anyone, BESIDES HALL, stated that more than one shot was fired? I don't know the answer to that.

A reminder please-attack the post not the poster, Ignore list is your friend if you just cannot abide by point number one.

Clearly we have people posting from both sides, and while I know this is a very difficult and sad situation, there is a way to continue this discussion be respectful of one another.

I agree, however you have a party here claiming to know people or of this incident--who does not at all. I have tried to post truth, others here are posting lies. We are not speaking of opinions, we are talking complete lies. It seems one sided on this particular board for some reason. I think if someone is going to lie they could and should be called out in full. There is slander going on here against a man because a party here is upset that the friend they claim they know so well "may" have shot and killed someone. When in fact Mr. Humphrey did do this, this is not in question anymore and that is what started all this.. There is quite a bit here behind the scenes. Some people in my opinion need to tread lightly or maybe some proof could be presented to back what is really going on here, which could turn out to be quite embarrassing for some. Thats just my opinion of course.

Sandman - If you are referring to me, I have never made any claim that I knew anyone involved. Quite to the contrary. I've always said that I was forming my opinions based on the information in this thread. But at some point I decided to see what information I could find on Mr. Hall because it upset me that the legal system would not give some kind of punishment to a man who lied to police, HELPED hide a murder weapon and disposed of evidence. If I were the victims parents/family I would be livid. I'm putting links to SOME of the items that I found below. I'm sorry if what my opinion of extensive is offends you. You seemed to be disturbed by the fact that Mr. Humphrey made a deal for a lesser punishment. It appears that in at least a couple of these links, Mr. Hall did the same. It's true I don't know any of the circumstances behind any of these charges against him, but I have no time for domestic abuse, especially when the charges end up being lowered to disorderly conduct. Excuse me for saying, but there does seem to be a pattern here. I'd like to make myself perfectly clear - I NEVER thought Mr. Humphrey should go unpunished, EVER, if he did what he has now confessed to. There was never a question that he would have HIS day in court. As I said, it bothered me that Mr. Hall could admit to his part in it, but have no consequences. IMO - it's just not right.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...F8B87&recordCount=245&offset=190&mode=charges

http://gazettextra.com/news/2009/apr/17/man-arrested-after-swat-response/

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...F8B87&recordCount=245&offset=186&mode=charges

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...F8B87&recordCount=245&offset=183&mode=charges

<modsnip>So even though my post was not directed at you, I do wonder about your intentions here.l... It doesnt bother me in the least that CCAP stuff is posted, what is bothersome is you nor anyone else can post Mr. Humphreys past records because it is in other states. But I am working on that... You are a person who obviously has something against Mr. Hall. You claim in one part that Mr. Hall stated this or that- so it must be true. So by your own statement here, you believe certain things Mr. Hall has stated but not others. Such as the 2 shots. The truth is, and you would know this if you had actually been to any of the hearings that the Gazette has posted a couple things that are not in Mr. Hall`s favor, that are not true. Hopefully someday the Gazette will clear this up. Also the Aegerter family is very grateful to Mr. Hall. Something people would know who truly know what is happening in this case and from what has happened. Mr. Hall is aware of this blog. I hope someday he questions the people who are doing nothing but lying here. Its a terrible thing what Mr. Humphrey did, he now is going to have to deal with that.

Extensive record? Really? Certainly exaggerations. Also, if something is listed on CCAP, it also shows if something has been DISMISSED. What is ones definition of "extensive". Dont toss words so lightly, back them up. Also- just what is it that Mr. Hall is guilty of in this instance? Nothing. Other then being with someone who did something horrific. Several crimes such as what? Maybe make yourself more clear Mr. or Mrs. WTF... Do you not believe I cant read between the lines here? Mr. Hall has been drug through the mud due to people and their innuendo`s. Seems this post comes at a questionable time given the fact that Mr. Humphrey is entering his formal Guilty Plea today.. Hmmmmmm. Just my opinion.

I guess I'm too old to know what it stands for nowadays. I have never had any "intentions" in this blog, and I would have something against anyone who did the things Mr. Hall admitted he has done in this case, and have no consequences to pay - I've not singled him out in any way. As I've stated NUMEROUS times, it just bothered me that Mr. Hall could do the things he's done in connection with THIS crime and get complete immunity. In my opinion it is completely wrong. If I was the victims' family in NO WAY would I be GRATEFUL to Mr. Hall. I didn't post the links to "bother" you. In the quote above you asked me to "back up" the words that I said. I didn't immediately because I didn't want to disturb you with those, but I was compelled to add the links after your latest blog. There was never any question that Mr. Humphrey was going to have his day in court, so I was fine with that and his past didn't concern me because he was going to pay for his current crime. The only reason I ever Googled Mr. Hall was because you protested so much I thought there had to be more to the story with him - and I was right. So as you can see by the links, there's nothing "laughable" about Mr. Hall's record. It's very sad. You say that people are "lying" on here. Could you please point those quotes out to me? About the two shots, I just didn't remember if anyone had stated that besides Hall, and I didn't want to go back through all the links to find out, that's why I asked the question. It's definitely a terrible thing that Mr. Humphrey did, but it's also a terrible thing that Mr. Hall did. No disrespect intended, but in my opinion your just too close to see that.

A reminder please-attack the post not the poster, Ignore list is your friend if you just cannot abide by point number one.

Clearly we have people posting from both sides, and while I know this is a very difficult and sad situation, there is a way to continue this discussion be respectful of one another.

Bump :smile:

Mr. Hall has never had complete immunity. He had Use Immunity. So had there ever been a reason to charge him they certainly would have. The arrests you have cited off CCAP are not complete. That is why it is laughable, disorderly compared to MURDER? The other charge was dropped and you can also read all about that if you are interested go to the court house and do so. Your facts and own opinions even go against each other. This sort of blogging does nothing more then insult the man who`s life was taken by Mr. Humphrey. So whatever your reasons may be, I really do not care anymore. This blog was started from a person who did not have their facts straight from what they had written, Mr. Hall IS a good man. I know him well, and stand by him and the decisions he had to make. Insults and innuendo`s from people who are on the "Jimmy Train" really do not matter. They have the man in custody that they need to. A murderer is off the streets, and in my city that counts.

Yes, I understand he had "Use Immunity". Only time will tell if he is impeached. As has been stated on here before by another, the things he did in connection with this crime are MOST DEFINITELY punishable by law. The only reason he wasn't punished was because he turned Mr. Humphrey in - it was a trade off of sorts. If he hadn't, he would have been charged when they caught up with him. There is nothing laughable about ANY of Mr. Hall's crimes. And I certainly NEVER compared his crimes to Mr. Humphrey's. There is no comparison. I'm certainly not on the "Jimmy Train" or Hall's train. You don't need to tell me Mr. Hall is a good man, talk is cheap, his record speaks for itself. I'll add you to my prayers as well. Good Luck. Also, you didn't tell me what lies are on this blog. If they're lies about Mr. Hall's character, I really don't need to know that because I've seen enough documentation to enlighten me on that. But if there are other lies, I'm very interested. Quotes would be helpful. Also, were the two men friends for a long time? Thank you.

Yes, the two men were very good friends. It really just is not worth continuing this for me. There is much more involved here behind the scenes, I am more then confident that Mr. Hall will never be impeached. I am just happy for my friend that this is all coming to an end. Of course Mr. Hall will have emotional issues over this for the rest of his life, who wouldnt..I am also happy for the Aegerter family that they may start to heal and find some peace.

I understand completely. I'd still like to know what lies have been posted, if you ever can. There always is "more involved here behind the scenes". For us that aren't close to this situation, it would be interesting for us to know the "outright lies" on this blog. This is all so very, very sad - tragic! Good Luck.

We have seen how sensitive both sides in this case can be-please post respectfully to one another, alert posts that you feel are attacking and put a user on your ignore list if you absolutely cannot interact with them respectfully.

Sentencing is coming up soon, correct??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back