WI - Sylville Smith, 23, fatally shot by Milwaukee PD officer, 13 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;765063982411505668]https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/765063982411505668[/video]

Arrests being made at 38th and Burleigh. Standoff continues at 44th and Burleigh. The guy in the white t-shirt is still ranting and raving at LE. Fortunately there are a few in the small crowd that intermittently try to calm the guy in the white t-shirt. But the white t-shirt guy just pops off on whoever tries to calm him.

Jim Dalrymple II ‏@JimDalrympleII 4m4 minutes ago Dallas, TX
Police are keeping everyone about a half block away. Seems like the people who did it are gone. Mostly families from the street now watching

[video=twitter;765068477606596613]https://twitter.com/JimDalrympleII/status/765068477606596613[/video]

Fox reporting that the officer injured earlier by the brick or rock was a female officer.

After threats of arrest, crowd of approx 40 (grown from 20 during the standoff) are dispersing. Some with hands in the air. White t-shirt guy now in a doorway still on a tear (where does he get his energy?)

Teen from another area claiming he was hit by a bean bag bullet which would have been from LE

YAY! LE is leaving the scene of 44th and Burleigh. Looks like things are winding down, hopefully.

I'm tired and I want to go to bed, but there is a part of me that wants to stay up and watch the disintegration of our world. When I was young I used to wonder what it was like for the Roman people when their society was overrun by Vandals, etc. Sadly, I believe I'm watching all of civilization being destroyed. I'm glad I'm old and won't have to see the worst, but I worry for my grandchildren. Even so, we do live in interesting times.

[video=twitter;765073394354286596]https://twitter.com/WISN12News/status/765073394354286596[/video]

I'm tired and I want to go to bed, but there is a part of me that wants to stay up and watch the disintegration of our world. When I was young I used to wonder what it was like for the Roman people when their society was overrun by Vandals, etc. Sadly, I believe I'm watching all of civilization being destroyed. I'm glad I'm old and won't have to see the worst, but I worry for my grandchildren. Even so, we do live in interesting times.

I understand, I am so sleepy myself! I worry about my family having to live in society that appears to be headed backwards in racism. No need for what happened tonight, nor last night.

Have a wonderful night Trident ~ and my family sleuthers

Night/morning ((MiMi))

jmo

They should all go home and watch the Olympics. A lot of potential there in track...............and shot put.

I suppose there are as one sees tons of POC working. I think some take busses out to the suburbs to work ?
No. I live in a majority African American neighborhood and almost every business in my neighborhood are poc. The rest DRIVE to other areas. Why do you assume that they need to catch a bus?.

IMHO, it should not take a week or more to finish that part of the investigation. For now, if as has been reported there are stills showing a gun being pointed at the LE, at release those.
Even our extremely liberal mayor says that the still shows a gun. I tend to believe it to be true then. They still should release the footage ASAP.

The oxymoronic notion that heavily armed National Guardsmen will bring peace to Milwaukee breaks my heart into pieces.
They are not standing by to bring peace rather to protect peace from out of control hooligans.

What a magnificent job tonight by the Milwaukee Police Department. What good training they obviously have had.

Their professionalism while having the "white T-shirt guy" haranguing and screaming obscenities at them, gesturing at them to within what looked to be only feet of their faces was really something. The guy is obviously a real nutcase. He taunted and swore at the police officers for about 1 1/2 hours. Non-stop. We sure saw enough of him on the live stream for him to be identified. I hope a close watch will be kept on him over the upcoming days because he seems like he could be very dangerous.

There were times when the camera shots of the line of police with their shields up in front of them clearly showed their faces while this idiot was dancing in front of them calling them names and swearing at them. For the most part the police officers were young. And they kept their faces impassive. It just made you want to see one of them reach out and take the guy down to the ground!

[video=twitter;765078528446435328]https://twitter.com/MilwaukeePolice/status/765078528446435328[/video]

No glee here-just reporting what i see- wish i had put links here last night. It was horrific. Not the type of world i want to be in.Edited to add-watching live gives a way different perspective than msn.
I took the original comment to mean that some of the protesters seemed to be gleeful?

[video=twitter;765083321554522113]https://twitter.com/MilwaukeePolice/status/765083321554522113[/video]

No. I live in a majority African American neighborhood and almost every business in my neighborhood are poc. The rest DRIVE to other areas. Why do you assume that they need to catch a bus?.

Because cars that work are expensive. Aren't cars in WI subject to some kind of testing ? Parking is expensive. People do park and ride.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SacramentoKing
Back