GUILTY WI - Taylor Schabusiness, 24, dismembered man’s body, placed head in bucket, Green Bay, 2022 *Graphic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jury will report at 9:15am CT/10:15am ET tomorrow for phase 2. This phase will be to determine if she is not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. (insane) Each side will have experts testify.

I did say it should only take as long as it takes to fill out the forms. That verdict came in 45 mins after they began deliberations.

They're claiming "chronic brain damage" as a result of prolonged meth use, marijuana use and bipolar.

Nah man, gets personal now. I have bipolar 1 and it's not an excuse for butchering someone!
I think the jury will see through the excuses to the fact that she was not insane when she committed the crime. She knew it was wrong and did it anyway. Not only did she do it, admit to it, almost turned herself in for it, but she enjoyed it.

This is the poorest defense I've ever witnessed .
no attempt made to humanise her...
trying to insert a pharmacist to make a psychiatric diagnosis?

There's the mistrial if ever there was one.
She needed at least a dozen prominent psychiatrists, she's getting a pharmacist!

She needed at least a dozen prominent psychiatrists, she's getting a pharmacist!
I think that theyll bring in psychiatrists for the 2nd face

He probably googled psychiatrist and it autocorrected to pharmacist and he thought ahhhh that'll do!

He probably googled psychiatrist and it autocorrected to pharmacist and he thought ahhhh that'll do!

View attachment 437266
He's lucky she hardly registered it...
or he woulda gone a flyin'..

seriously though we see mass murderers getting so much more..
Like Koherger not wanting to be on the telly having eviscerated 4 kids, the cameras did not come off her face once..

i'm really curious about her behaviour in prison.

I hope she gets decent psychiatric treatment , whether she wants it or not.

i would be interested to know what she believes about herself.
She has a child.
She has a husband.
I'd like to see her committed to a secure psychiatric institution for as long as it takes.

I'd like to know what her baseline is or was.
what was she like when her disease was not manifesting ?

When did she become ill?

I'll probably never know.

They're claiming "chronic brain damage" as a result of prolonged meth use, marijuana use and bipolar.

Nah man, gets personal now. I have bipolar 1 and it's not an excuse for butchering someone!

I have prolonged marijuana use and you don't see me beheading anyone. I don't want to get up off the couch, let alone murder anyone.

He's lucky she hardly registered it...
or he woulda gone a flyin'..

seriously though we see mass murderers getting so much more..
Like Koherger not wanting to be on the telly having eviscerated 4 kids, the cameras did not come off her face once..

i'm really curious about her behaviour in prison.

I hope she gets decent psychiatric treatment , whether she wants it or not.

i would be interested to know what she believes about herself.
She has a child.
She has a husband.
I'd like to see her committed to a secure psychiatric institution for as long as it takes.

I'd like to know what her baseline is or was.
what was she like when her disease was not manifesting ?

When did she become ill?

I'll probably never know.
I don’t believe she meets the definition for the insanity plea. I’m fairly certain, she’s headed to prison not a psych hospital. She may have a mental illness but imo she’s also a psychopath and I don’t think the two are related at all.

It is not a violation of due process to put the burden of the affirmative defense of mental disease or defect on the defendant. State v. Hebard, 50 Wis. 2d 408, 184 N.W.2d 156 (1971).

The state does not have to produce evidence contradicting an insanity defense. The burden is on the defendant. Gibson v. State, 55 Wis. 2d 110, 197 N.W.2d 813 (1972).

A voluntarily drugged condition is not a form of insanity that can constitute a mental defect or disease. Medical testimony cannot be used both on the issue of guilt to prove lack of intent and also to prove insanity. Gibson v. State, 55 Wis. 2d 110, 197 N.W.2d 813 (1972).

Use of expert evidence of personality dysfunction in the guilt phase of a criminal trial is discussed. State v. Morgan, 195 Wis. 2d 388, 536 N.W.2d 425 (Ct. App. 1995), 93-2611.

Although expert testimony may be helpful to a defendant in the responsibility phase of the trial, a favorable expert opinion is not an indispensable prerequisite to a finding of mental disease or defect. Although expert testimony is not required, it is highly unlikely that a defendant's own testimony, standing alone, will be sufficient to satisfy the burden of proof. State v. Magett, 2014 WI 67, ___ Wis. 2d ___, 850 N.W.2d 42, 10-1639.

Consumption of prescription medication cannot give rise to a mental defect that would sustain an insanity defense. Furthermore, it is established law that one who mixes prescription medication with alcohol is responsible for any resulting mental state. State v. Anderson, 2014 WI 93, ___ Wis. 2d ___, ___ N.W.2d ___, 11-1467.

Did anybody at all in that court room know the actual law in relation to this?
She's getting a flamin' pharmacist even though voluntary consumption of drugs is not a runner??
Why did the judge not just point out that simple established fact?
it's just wrong.

IMO

I don’t believe she meets the definition for the insanity plea. I’m fairly certain, she’s headed to prison not a psych hospital. She may have a mental illness but imo she’s also a psychopath and I don’t think the two are related at all.

I hope they keep her in a cell to herself. I wouldn't trust her with a cellmate. MOO.

She is not a psychopath.
She is a diagnosed bi-polar since 7th grade.

She is not a psychopath.
She is a diagnosed bi-polar since 7th grade.

Yes she is diagnosed Bipolar but IMO she displays signs of being a psychopath. She is aggressive, has outburst of violent behavior, received both sexual gratification and enjoyment from the murder as she was committing it. She also knew what she was doing was wrong and didn’t care. There is a possibility that this has not been diagnosed as of yet. Being bi-polar doesn’t explain her behavior both that night and afterward at all. Again, IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ECKSLEUTH
Back