WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for update, Sparks. Did it look like a serious wound? This would be like more than one week later, correct?

HE sounds just chilling...cold and unemotional monster

It was hard to tell when they took closeup of it...there probably isn't a way of knowing how it happened (unless he was bitten)..jmo

This man works with junk cars all day. He works with his hands. I wouldnt put too much stock on any injuries on his hands..... I'd like to see if he had his sleeves rolled up, although scratches on his arms would be easily explained by working on these cars too... I specifically watched the news reports to see if he had any marks on his face, but I didnt see any. That wouldnt be so easy to explain. Know what I mean?

There's something else I was thinking about. I wonder if he'll get his venue changed for the trial, due to all the coverage in the area, and his multi million dollar lawsuit happening there. If it is changed, I hope it's to Dane County, and I get a summons :D .
P.S. I wish we could get a seperate forum for this case. Mods?

Here's some new links for today...

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051114/APC0101/511140409

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051114/APC0101/511140422

From the article:
Pending evidence at the state Crime Lab may implicate possible accomplices, he said. "We're waiting for information on that," Kratz said. "Then I hope to do it sooner rather than later."

Hmmmm. That's interesting. I can tell by interviews that the brothers are extremely concerned that they'll "be framed" too. I guess we'll find out soon.

Also, she was dismembered before being burned....

From the article:
Police said blood, bone fragments, teeth and other evidence from the search of homes, buildings and the 40-acre salvage yard determined Halbach was slain and dismembered by Steven Avery, who allegedly attempted to burn her body and other evidence.
Kratz said he and Pagel called in Milwaukee Police Department officers who were involved in the Jeffrey Dahmer case, since those officers also had to work with body parts in their investigation. Dahmer, of Milwaukee, was convicted in 1992 of killing and dismembering 15 men.

Ugh, I hope he ends up with the same fate as Dahmer too.

mssheila said:
Hmmmm. That's interesting. I can tell by interviews that the brothers are extremely concerned that they'll "be framed" too. I guess we'll find out soon.

Also, she was dismembered before being burned....
OMG this is so chilling...poor girl!!

My question is: Where were Steve's brothers when this crime was taking place....helping/participating in Steve's fun.....The crime scene is so wide spread(blood all over other vehicles, in buildings, in the trailer)..why, was Teresa placed in leg irons and beaten as she tired to run for her life.....

I would be taking a closer look at all these creeps (the entire Avery family) if I were L.E.

I think they will be looking hard at the family. They also took DNA samples from the whole family. I hope it was just Steven.. that she didnt have to endure abuse from more than one person... ick. I guess we'll wait and see.

mssheila said:
I think they will be looking hard at the family. They also took DNA samples from the whole family. I hope it was just Steven.. that she didnt have to endure abuse from more than one person... ick. I guess we'll wait and see.
For her blood to be found in a couple of buildings and in her car it would seem she or her body was moved around quite a bit. Either before or after death.
Now how many of the family were there that day? Was Steven the only one there from the time she arrived until he had time to kill/torture/possibly chase or move her body and hide her car? And attempt to burn her body?
I think it is a valid concern that more than one person knew or was involved in either murder or disposal of the body.

mssheila said:
This man works with junk cars all day. He works with his hands. I wouldnt put too much stock on any injuries on his hands..... I'd like to see if he had his sleeves rolled up, although scratches on his arms would be easily explained by working on these cars too... I specifically watched the news reports to see if he had any marks on his face, but I didnt see any. That wouldnt be so easy to explain. Know what I mean?
IMO, the important thing is not necessarily HOW he received any cuts/scratches, but that the fact he had cuts and scratches made it easy for his blood to find its way into/onto TH's vehicle. KWIM?

Hoppy

Hoppy, I see what you mean. I just assumed the sheriff was talking about the cuts/scratches in relation to the crime. I would assume he thought the cut came during the struggle, since it bled in the car and on her key. And you know.... the more I think about this, the more unlikely it seems that he did this alone. There are people working there, there are other people living there. If this nightmarish thing happened the way I think it did, he would have at least drawn some attention to them in order for that blood to get all over the place. Someone knows something or helped IMO.:eek:

This case makes me ill... i hope LE find out everything and charge the bastards that did this to her...

This is pure evil, this was no man, this was the devil disguised as a man, God punishes Evil, but let's hope 'Bubba' beats him to it. How devastatingly sad for the family.....this case just makes me sick, that scum like this is allowed to walk among us....

2beautifulboys said:
This is pure evil, this was no man, this was the devil disguised as a man, God punishes Evil, but let's hope 'Bubba' beats him to it. How devastatingly sad for the family.....this case just makes me sick, that scum like this is allowed to walk among us....
Well stated.......
I seen this on the news / have read all the links & it makes me ill.

We definately need the death penalty in Wis. to many horrid murders for us to have to pay to keep these murderers alive.

I know someone who knows SA & his family. But then again he is about as low as they sound.

concernedperson said:
The condoning happens all the time. It is almost a ritual of passage to some families. It is saying they are eccentric or odd but not really calling the problem. Like if they burn cats alive they would say Daddy always hated cats. This is my problem with certain families.I am older and have seen so much and wish that some of the behaviors would change. Actually, I have seen this on WS as the younger people who are well read are effecting change. This is my hope...knowledge gets spread faster than lore.

Families like this that defend their family members right to the end no matter what the evidence says are not necessairly eccentric or odd. There are rich families, poor families, well educated families, uneducated families that will defend the person who is charged. Denial has no class at all.

My daughter's killer comes from a very wealthy family in Brownwood Texas. When he murdered my daughter it was brood daylight...12 noon. Two witnesses saw the whole thing. His bloody clothing was found in the trunk of his car. There was so much evidence that there was no way that anyone should have believed anything other then that he committed the murder.

When he called his mother and told her what happened..."it was an accident" she said to him "run baby run." He did. He went to Mexico and she financially supported him for 8 yrs until he got caught. In the meantime she constantly told people that "it was someone else...a stranger walked up to the car...it wasn't him."

Even though this family are very wealthy and well educated they stuck with their story right through him pleading guilty!! I'll admit, I've never ever known people like these people....money and power are their gods...but it just goes to show, in reality, they are no different then Steve Avery's family. Regardless of the evidence....he didn't do it.

Gruesomer and gruesomer. Greta Van Sustern reported this evening that Teresa was dismembered.

"Investigators searched 3,800 vehicles several times, six ponds and a 700 acre area three times, Pagel said. They were also investigating information they received from their tip line, he said.

Two search warrants released Monday said investigators seized Avery's computer, but it does not say what they found. Investigators also said in the court documents that they found steel belts of about six tires that were used as fire accelerants. They also found a number of five-gallon buckets that appeared to have been used to distribute burned remains.

Pagel said the burned bones resembled twigs, and without the state fire marshal investigators might not have determined they were bones."
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/13167065.htm

Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz says, "evidence pending at the state crime lab might implicate possible accomplices...'All I can tell you is that it didn't happen on Avery property, if it happened' said Steven's father Alan Avery. "I don't believe it happened. It was a set up.":banghead: http://www.channel3000.com/news/5326197/detail.html

Hell is not a bad enough place for these people to spend eternity...IMHO, of course.

In other developments:

• Avery's sister-in-law, Candy Avery, who last week echoed his allegations that officials were planting evidence against him, changed her view after Friday's announcement that Avery's DNA was found inside Halbach's Toyota and on the ignition key, which investigators said was hidden in his bedroom.

Avery's uncle, retired Manitowoc County sheriff's deputy Arland Avery, said the DNA evidence seems compelling and hard to plant. He said he hopes Avery confesses if he killed Halbach.

"At least give both families a little peace of mind," he said.

• Investigators also seized Avery's home computer because they believe that "images of *advertiser censored*, torture and death may be relevant" to motive of any sexual crimes against Halbach.

His uncle was a retired sheriff's deputy????

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/nov05/370609.asp

She was also sexually assaulted..big surprise, huh?

Some people that helped exonerate him for the rape charge couldn't believe he did this...said he showed so much emotion...met with Janet Reno also...very emotional person...like someone who was normal with normal feelings...

The monster was dwelling within...

Although he was found not guilty for the rape case, the one he spent 18 years in prison for, he was trying to force a woman into his car, wasn't he?

Sounds like a weirdo and a creep. I'm glad he was in prison for 18 years because it sounds like (if he hadn't already committed a horrendous crime), he was a killer in the making. It's just too bad they found out it wasn't him and set him free. If he were still wrongly imprisoned, this woman might still be alive.

last night on the news it stated that the LE took samples of dog fecies, and the bucket in which the dog food was kept. The LE would not comment on this, but a private investegator said that the reason they would do this is because they may believe that SA feed TH to the dog to dispose of the remains.

For real... how sick is this man? It makes me sad to think you can not trust anyone...

Always

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+2]Homicide charges against Avery delayed [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Bail to be set today at court appearance [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MANITOWOC — A special prosecutor is expected to file homicide charges today in Manitowoc County Circuit Court against Steven Avery in time for a judge to set bail during Avery's previously scheduled court appearance. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Although the homicide charge was not filed Monday as expected, search warrants returned to the Manitowoc County Courthouse linked "*advertiser censored*, torture and death" to a possible motive in the disappearance and presumed death of photographer Teresa Halbach. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Warrants revealed that investigators seized Avery's computer last week. The hard drive was turned over to the Grand Chute Police Department. The department, like the state Crime Lab, does forensic examinations of computers. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A search warrant return filed by Calumet County Sheriff's Detective Mark Wiegert said he believes "images of *advertiser censored*, torture and death may be relevant as to issues of intent, motive or Steven Avery's plan to commit violent or sexual torture against Teresa Halbach." [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to the records, an unspecified number of five-gallon buckets also "have been located on the Avery compound property which appear to have been utilized to distribute the burned remains" of an adult female body. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Authorities also found "items believed to be human muscle tissue" and "material believed to be human skin," a warrant return says. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Searchers also found Halbach's crumpled license plates in a junked car on the Avery property. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Judge Patrick Willis is expected today to set bail and a preliminary hearing date for Avery, 43, for a firearms possession charge. Avery will be transported to the Manitowoc County Courthouse from the Calumet County Jail in Chilton for the 2 p.m. hearing. [/font][/font]

http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051115/MAN0101/511150323/1358

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader