WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, then if she is alive- who's body did they find, did he answer that?

mysteriew said:
LOL, then if she is alive- who's body did they find, did he answer that?

SA just wants attention!

So I guess Steve Avery is saying that LE has hidden Teresa away some place in order to arrest him for her murder...to frame him! How did his blood and her blood get in her car then and his blood on her key chain? Oh, he had cut his finger...well then what about her blood in the car?

I can't imagine LE going to all of that trouble to get Steve Avery back in prison. Much less what it would do to Teresa's family to believe she has been murdered if she hasn't. Besides, I doubt that Steve Avery was the center of LE's world to where they would set up this big frameup to convict him of murder. He can yell "frame up" all he wants but in the end the DNA is going to convict him just like it got him released from prison a couple years before that. I guess he isn't smart enough to put 2 + 2 together.

The FBI is running more/different DNA tests on the burned bones so that it can be proven without a doubt that they are Teresa's bones. That was said on Nancy tonight. No one doubts that they are Teresa's bones though.

Avery said that all the empty shells that had been shot were from his nephews who had been shooting earlier in the week. He doesn't say why Teresa's car was covered with branches and old car parts and who the female bones in the burn barrell came from. He had said at first that he hadn't done any burning the day Teresa disappeared but later changed his story and said that he had been burning some old tires that day. Keep talking and changing your story Steve!

Bobbisangel.

To hear Steve Avery thats all LE has to do is sit & frame him.......will probably take him a few days to come up with a story how the car got put there......he's not the brightest bulb on the tree.

LE put Wi best on this case & SA will hang himself by talking to media. Keep running your jaws Steve Avery!

Accd'ing to the radio, at the preliminary hearing, two volunteer searchers got permission from Avery's brother or brother in law to search the property. It took them a couple minutes to find Halbach's car, which had been camoflaged with brush, etc.

Also blood from Avery was confirmed to be in Halbach's car, and Halbach herself was confirmed to be the burned remains.

Ct found there was enough evidence to try Avery - big frickin' surprise.

Some legislator is tring to get the death penalty re-instated in Wi

I've been sending emails for yrs to them to reconsider doing it. Ever
since Dahmer........now with this case they definately need to.

I was reading on Court Tv board where cops had searched Avery's trailer & on the 3 rd search they found the keys to her car on the floor in his bedroom. First 2 searches was over looked 3 rd search it was found by Manitowac policeman. Thats not going to go over well with his lawsuit against them.

cheko1 said:
Some legislator is tring to get the death penalty re-instated in Wi

I've been sending emails for yrs to them to reconsider doing it. Ever
since Dahmer........now with this case they definately need to.

I was reading on Court Tv board where cops had searched Avery's trailer & on the 3 rd search they found the keys to her car on the floor in his bedroom. First 2 searches was over looked 3 rd search it was found by Manitowac policeman. Thats not going to go over well with his lawsuit against them.
And it should really piss off other LE that Manitowoc police were even searching. It was said before that they just secured the area, and the testimony yesterday confirmed that Manitowoc LE found the car keys. It's still an incredible stretch, but if Avery can convince a jury that Manitowoc planted the keys, it's only a small leap to the car. Now the remains and the burn barrel - that's a harder sell - you attack that on the DNA. He won't get off - but I hope the pros has chewed out Manitowoc LE.

I respectfully disagree with you about the DP, at least in WI. Actually, I'm not an activist but I'm against the DP. Too many mistakes, too many wrongful convictions, too many poor and mentally ill people getting killed, not the rich. The only people I've been able to muster it for are Scott Peterson and child serial murderers. I guess I inherently don't trust the government enough to give them the power to kill people.

Ang50 said:
And it should really piss off other LE that Manitowoc police were even searching. It was said before that they just secured the area, and the testimony yesterday confirmed that Manitowoc LE found the car keys. It's still an incredible stretch, but if Avery can convince a jury that Manitowoc planted the keys, it's only a small leap to the car. Now the remains and the burn barrel - that's a harder sell - you attack that on the DNA. He won't get off - but I hope the pros has chewed out Manitowoc LE.

I respectfully disagree with you about the DP, at least in WI. Actually, I'm not an activist but I'm against the DP. Too many mistakes, too many wrongful convictions, too many poor and mentally ill people getting killed, not the rich. The only people I've been able to muster it for are Scott Peterson and child serial murderers. I guess I inherently don't trust the government enough to give them the power to kill people.

The only reason I'm for the death penalty in Wi is for the hienous crimes. Such as Dahmer / Vang the deaths no peron or family should EVER have to endure.

I read someplace that Avery has a pretty good case again against the Manitowoc LE. So I'm sure somebodys butt is on the line....36 million is alot of reasons to go after someone. I don't think by any stretch Avery is innocent! NOWAY...but many people think he is. They feel just because LE says it / don't mean its true!

Yes, his case against Manitowoc is good. I don't know specifics, but I have heard the the investigation went beyond just being stupid and inept, and more to being actively un-impartial and very much a witch hunt.

However, if his suit does go forward, a jury would see all of Avery's convictions - all the weird stuff that happened before the rape. I don't think they could be told about the current investigation, because it would be too prejudicial.

And - LE themselves wouldn't be on the hook for any $$, as long as they acted in their official capacity. So the motive for any one person to frame Avery is significantly reduced.

I work in the lab at the hospital he has been admitted to.

RPPaolin said:
I work in the lab at the hospital he has been admitted to.
wow....that is interesting, hope he gets better before tuesday.

Steven Avery likely will enter not guilty pleas to charges he abducted and murdered Teresa Halbach when he appears Tuesday in Manitowoc County Circuit Court.

Avery's attorneys plan ask that his $500,000 cash bond be reduced when they make a brief appearance in a morning session before Manitowoc County Circuit Court Judge Patrick Willis.

Willis, who last month ordered Avery to stand trial on charges related to the Oct. 31 disappearance of Halbach, a 25-year-old freelance photographer from Calumet County, will also set schedules for motions, pretrial hearings and conferences and a trial.

Avery's attorneys, assistant state public defenders Erik Loy and Craig Johnson, have not commented on the case since Avery's preliminary hearing, except to say not guilty pleas would be entered.

But Loy has said the defense team will consider asking for a change of venue because publicity may have influenced the jury pool.

Meanwhile, Calumet County Sheriff Jerry Pagel said investigators still are awaiting results from evidence tests done by the State Crime Lab and the FBI.

The FBI is analyzing bone fragments to positively identify their origin.

Pagel said the State Crime Lab also is analyzing other evidence recovered from the Avery Salvage Yard during the investigation in November.
http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060115/APC0101/601150537/1003

Avery's arraignment is live on tv right now, 9:19 a.m. Central Time on NBC out of Green Bay, WI. I'll post if anything startling happens.

Avery's attorney is asking for bail reduction right now at the arraignment, wants it to be $100,000 and guaranteed by his parents whose Manitowoc County property is said to be worth $200,000-$250,000. Attorney argues that he is not a flight risk because of all his ties to the community. <shudder>

Hoppy

Avery pled not guilty at his arraignment this a.m.

Hoppy

Too bad they can't just shoot him on sight. That would be so much easier.:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members