WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so awful.............if the 16 year old is capable of that I sure hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

I heard that Dassey's mother said that he had a learning disability and does what he is told. That must be some learning disability! The kid didn't know right from wrong? I don't doubt that it's possible that the kid may have been scared of Steven. However he could have gone to the police as soon as possible. Avery would have been arrested and he would have been safe. Apparantly he wasn't disabled enough that he couldn't figure out how to rape and kill someone. Amazing how a kid that is so mentally disabled he acts like a robot and does whatever his raping, murdering uncle tells him to but yet is smart enough to read and make a decision on his own to bring his uncle the mail. Yet he goes to school?

My guess is that Steven Avery has always been a bully and that his family knew exactly what he was all about. Why did this mother allow her son to have any contact with this man whatsoever? I think that upon investigation we will see alot of weeds in this family's garden. I don't think that this is the first time Dassey's mother realized that Steven may be a creep.

Already we see what the defense of this kid is going to be. Somebody else's fault, he had something wrong with him yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, blah. It seems to me that you must get away with alot of small stuff before you move on to the raping and murdering stuff.

Sherlockmom

I agree! He raped her and slit her throat. I don't care what their excuses are. If he is capable of it once he will surely do it again. So sad. Prayers for her family.

I know people say that it's better to have the answers to what happened to their loved ones than to never know...in this case, I wish Teresa's family never had to know what that poor woman went through. This is beyond horrific.

hollyjokers said:
I know people say that it's better to have the answers to what happened to their loved ones than to never know...in this case, I wish Teresa's family never had to know what that poor woman went through. This is beyond horrific.

This reminds of the 70's slasher movies where some deviant who lives in the country is stalking the countryside. Only in this case, it was true. Some dimwitted (but not insane) individual acts and enlists another dimwitted individual to complete their murderous plot.This is family dysfunction taken to the inth. This is where abuse was always known and expected.That is why the mother coddles her son, who was obviously involved. Their family dynamics are seeded in the generations before them.

cheko1 said:
I still think he was a party to the rape case.
All the horrible descriptive words I can come up with for these 2 pigs don't even come close to the terror they put this young girl through. No DP in Wisconsin???
It's a crying shame. These 2 need to fry.

This article can be pretty graphic....and it's not the worst one I've read.:(

http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/2397896.html

concernedperson said:
This reminds of the 70's slasher movies where some deviant who lives in the country is stalking the countryside. Only in this case, it was true. Some dimwitted (but not insane) individual acts and enlists another dimwitted individual to complete their murderous plot.This is family dysfunction taken to the inth. This is where abuse was always known and expected.That is why the mother coddles her son, who was obviously involved. Their family dynamics are seeded in the generations before them.

:banghead: What would his IQ have to be to excuse willingly participating in the rape of a shackled woman, who begged for help, who did everything she could to appeal to this boy's conscience, and in return got her throat slashed. In the first place, I can't imagine why he would hear a woman screaming in agony from several hundred feet away & instead of going to get help, proceed to knock on the door where the screaming is coming from.
I'm so glad the DA isn't cutting a deal with this kid for his testimony.

hollyjokers said:
:banghead: What would his IQ have to be to excuse willingly participating in the rape of a shackled woman, who begged for help, who did everything she could to appeal to this boy's conscience, and in return got her throat slashed. In the first place, I can't imagine why he would hear a woman screaming in agony from several hundred feet away & instead of going to get help, proceed to knock on the door where the screaming is coming from.
I'm so glad the DA isn't cutting a deal with this kid for his testimony.

I am glad the DA isn't cutting a deal too. The other question is because women are so devalued only the mother is valued. Whether she abused or not, she is the mother figure. Usually, they take it out on other women in lieu of the mother figure accepting any responsdibility.

I saw in my earlier years that Nicole Simpson deserved this because she was married to a black man. Then I heard that rape victims deserved this because their skirts were too short. And so it goes, when you are from a family of yahoos all reasoning goes off the table.I heard the tales of family men who hung blacks from trees without proof of wrong doing,that it is the right of the father to beat their kids with a belt,that as long as your hymen was intact no sexual molestation ever took place and other fallacies.Sometimes I am very opiniated but it isn't without a source.

The death penalty is sorely needed in Wisconsin, period. We have had more heinous and violent crimes here then I care to remember. What crap the 16 year old has learning disabilities and does what he's told - he does not know slashing a woman's throat is bad? Great parenting he had.

Avery will be found guilty but get life in prison but supported by us. The 16 year old will be tried as an adult but get 10 to 15 years in prison.

All Teresa was trying to do was earn a living.

Here is a link to a longer interview with Dassey's mother. She said her boys "looked up to Steven" but then said he was a person who "pushed other people around and told them what to do or else".

http://www.wfrv.com/video/?cid=5

She said "she doesn't blame her son for saying nuttin". She explains the extent of his "learning disability" which involves having trouble remembering things and bad grades in school failing most of his classes. Apparantly he doesn't have problems remembering some things though.

She also mentioned remembering seeing the big bonfire on Halloween and thinking nothing of it. She has other sons I wonder what their rap sheets look like?

Sherlockmom

Barbara Dassey filed for a divorce in 1992 from Peter Dassey.

She filed for divorce from a Thomas Janda in October of 2005. Her divorce was set to be finalized on March 1 of this year. On Dec 1, 2005 she was charged of possession of THC (I think that is marijuana) this was under a domestic violence charge. She pled no contest. Had petitioned the court to appoint an attorney for her it was denied as she was not determined to be indigent.

The other stuff listed for her are traffic violations for example improper registration of a vehicle & speeding. I'm assuming she is still using the Janda surname. I don't think she is using the Avery surname as she asked the reporter in an interview not to mention her last name. If she was using the Avery name why bother asking that?

Sherlockmom

This whole case is just scary and Im so surprised that this guy did this to her knowing that everybody knew that she had a 'job' with him that day. I remember reading back where a poster here at WS actually sold him and his brother a dining room set or something like that? Hopefully that person wasnt an intended target...

Sherlockmom said:
Here is a link to a longer interview with Dassey's mother. She said her boys "looked up to Steven" but then said he was a person who "pushed other people around and told them what to do or else".

http://www.wfrv.com/video/?cid=5

She said "she doesn't blame her son for saying nuttin". She explains the extent of his "learning disability" which involves having trouble remembering things and bad grades in school failing most of his classes. Apparantly he doesn't have problems remembering some things though.

She also mentioned remembering seeing the big bonfire on Halloween and thinking nothing of it. She has other sons I wonder what their rap sheets look like?

Sherlockmom

>This whole case is just scary and Im so surprised that this guy did this to her knowing that everybody knew that she had a 'job' with him that day.<

I wonder if Teresa knew his background and if so, what she thought? I wouldn't have gone there alone knowing his background. Perhaps she thought he was an innocent guy that had been falsely accused.

That was probably big news in a small town. I find it hard to believe that she didn't know anything about him.

Sherlockmom

I'm sure she did know sherlock.. but even I at the beginning of this thought ''aww poor guy he has such terrible luck'' . I can't say at that point if I was her I wouldnt of gone to his house to photograph his car because I would of thought he was innocent and probably felt sorry for him. :( I am just wondering how the DNA didnt match him. Someone from the 'inside' had to of helped with that somehow I think.

Sherlockmom said:
>This whole case is just scary and Im so surprised that this guy did this to her knowing that everybody knew that she had a 'job' with him that day.<

I wonder if Teresa knew his background and if so, what she thought? I wouldn't have gone there alone knowing his background. Perhaps she thought he was an innocent guy that had been falsely accused.

That was probably big news in a small town. I find it hard to believe that she didn't know anything about him.

Sherlockmom

[ I remember reading back where a poster here at WS actually sold him and his brother a dining room set or something like that? Hopefully that person wasnt an intended target...[/QUOTE]

That was my sister who sold him the dining room set...we just talked about that this a.m. She is single and was alone the day Avery and his brother went there (about 3 or so months before this happened). She lives way back off the street in a secluded area. It is scarey to think about. We feel he wasn't in his element...and also he didn't plan it like he did wih Tereasa...

If this case is tried in Manitowoc Co. I will be going to the trial.

I wish Wisconsin had the death penalty.

Oh my God that just freaks me out.. Thank God your sister is safe!!!

1000Sparks said:
[ I remember reading back where a poster here at WS actually sold him and his brother a dining room set or something like that? Hopefully that person wasnt an intended target...
That was my sister who sold him the dining room set...we just talked about that this a.m. She is single and was alone the day Avery and his brother went there (about 3 or so months before this happened). She lives way back off the street in a secluded area. It is scarey to think about. We feel he wasn't in his element...and also he didn't plan it like he did wih Tereasa...

If this case is tried in Manitowoc Co. I will be going to the trial.

I wish Wisconsin had the death penalty.[/QUOTE]

You can read a copy of the criminal complaint here:

http://wluk.com/dassey.pdf

In the complaint Dassey states that he rode his bike to Avery's trailer to deliver some mail. On the way he passed the burn barrel, looked inside and saw a cell phone and camera. Does anyone else think that is a load of BS? Why would he look inside that burn barrel? And Steven just ran over to the burn barrel in the middle of raping someone and threw those items inside before he even killed her?

On the way and at the door he hears female screams, some of them clearly saying "Help me!". Now I don't know about you, but I would have got back on my bike and pedaled my butt home and called the police. I wouldn't have KNOCKED ON THE DOOR!! Criminey, this kid is still lying. Oh, I forgot, his mom said he doesn't lie. A very special little boy that one. He does what he is told and he doesn't lie. Wish I had a 16 year old like that. Mine rarely did what they were told and were known to tell a lie from time to time but never killed anyone.

Some new details here in that he cut some of her hair off. Reminds me of that other case where the victim's face was taped and her hair cut :(

He later mentions when Avery talks about burning her body that there was already a fire going in the fire pit. Now this is even weirder. If I fire was already going isn't it too hot to put your face in it and see what is in there let alone identify it as a cell phone and camera?

His mother's surname is also confired in this document as Barbara Janda.The police had asked his mother about the bleach stains on his jeans. She stated she had asked him about that at the time he told her that he got them helping Avery bleach his garage floor. I don't know about you but Steven Avery doesn't seem like the type that would bleach his garage floor UNLESS THERE WAS BLOOD ON IT for crying out loud. When Steven first became a suspect is it too much of a stretch for her to make some kind of connection here or at least question her son more about that day?

Sherlockmom

Sherlockmom said:
He later mentions when Avery talks about burning her body that there was already a fire going in the fire pit. Now this is even weirder. If I fire was already going isn't it too hot to put your face in it and see what is in there let alone identify it as a cell phone and camera?

Sherlockmom

According to him, herr body was placed in the fire pit, which already had a frie going... but the cell phone and camera were in the burn barrell... So, I that makes sense...
I don't know why he would look in the burn barrell in the first place and see the cell phone or camera, unless he just happened to pass it and look in as he was riding by.

I just hope both of these two scum bags are put away for a long long time... Cases like this, I wish we had the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia