WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I've stated this before but Avery & clan are considered white trash in there area. I knew someone from there that told me that,before TH murder. People are afraid of them.

We definately need the Death Penalty in Wis... might stop some of these sicko's from doing these crimes. As a Wis taxpayer I'm tired of supporting these murderers!

Today Shaun Rudy was charged with his wife & unborn babies murder too. He shot her in the head then dismembered her body /burnt it & threw the rest in the Chippewa river. His was like a copycat murder to Avery's....:doh:

mom3dd said:
I pray there is someone out there crazy enough to shoot the SOB during the trial.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I could not agree more. Reading what her last day, hours and minutes were like have me extremely disturbed. I can only imagine what her poor family is going through. The monsters who did this don't deserve an ounce of mercy, or deserve to live another minute on this earth. As far as I'm concerned, they're not even human. I hope they burn in the depths of hell for eternity. :furious:

SimonSays said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I could not agree more. Reading what her last day, hours and minutes were like have me extremely disturbed. I can only imagine what her poor family is going through. The monsters who did this don't deserve an ounce of mercy, or deserve to live another minute on this earth. As far as I'm concerned, they're not even human. I hope they burn in the depths of hell for eternity. :furious:
It makes a person sick!

I can't imagine a 16 yr old who could of kept his mouth shut for as long as he did. You'd of thought his Mom would of seen some sort of a change in him.

I totally agree with you!

>I heard the mother say her other kids' names. So I entered the last name "DASSEY" and the first letter of all the kids' first names "B" into CCAP:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCase...E93478E.render5?

I missed that one. I checked only Brian & Bobby who could be minors. Good work!! Interesting. Another one in that family that has a penchant for sexual assault. Something is going on in that family. I wonder how often Barbara (the mother) was assaulted by her brothers or father? Would be interested to know.

As for the death penalty I saw someone who is leading a call for the return of it in Wisconsin on TV tonight. He said that it will take lots of phone calls to representatives to get this going.

It would take alot of them and pressure from the voting base of the current representation. It is easier to get changes for the criminals (as we saw when Avery was used to forward legislation) than it is for the victims. The public has to rise up and loudly for this to even get off of the ground.

If you are a Wisconsinite write letters or make phone calls. Emails do not get quite the same response. Mail or phone is better.

A change in the law won't get the DP for these two but perhaps for the future. I'm not worried about whether it is a detterance or not. This is all about punishment.

Sherlockmom

I made the mistake of entering Robert into CCAP. It's under Bobby Dassey. Underage drinking. Case #2005FO000313

His address is listed as Avery Road. He is 19 years old now and case was filed in 2005. I didn't find anything for Brian. He may be younger. I don't think juvenile cases are listed here. Seems that Bradley has more under his belt at this time. Let's hope this one sticks to drinking and leaves the raping and murdering to the rest of the family. God help the one good apple in this bunch if there is one. I think I'd move as far away as I could and change my name.

I don't doubt that law enforcement knows this family well. Wasn't a relative a Sheriff somewhere?

Sherlockmom

I live in Wisconsin.. Oshkosh to be exact... and it makes me ill to think that people like that live in the same state as me...

What is this world coming to? It is just sick... not just this case, but all these cases... my god!

Always

I don't know how Teresa's family is coping knowing the horror that she lived through before her life ended. It is so horrible. It must have gone on for hours and hours. She probably thought that teenager would help her and then he just joined in. This kid is a big dumb lumbering slug just like his uncle.

I wonder why this kid decided to go to LE and fess up? I wonder if LE took the DNA from the kids in that family when they were collecting DNA right after Teresa died?

Glad that Avery got his settlement and hope there is a whole bunch left after his attorney is paid. In my opinion Teresa's family should have gotten every darn cent of that settlement. Can't they put a hold on that money until after their civil suit is completed? I know the trial will come first. There should be some way for them to freeze that money....to heck with his attorney.

Avery took Teresa's body out to the garage and shot her several times???
She was already dead...they think. I guess he just couldn't stand for the party to end quite yet. I remember that there were shell casings all over the garage floor and he said that his nephews had been shooting out there. Ya, one of them probably were.

Now this teenager says he was a victim too :furious: I don't think that will float. This family is so sick. The men all have sexual charges in their pasts.
I wonder about the father and mother. It wouldn't surprise me if the sister or sisters didn't grow up being sexually abused by the father and brothers. Didn't I hear that this teenager looked up to Avery? He is just the kind of role model that every kid needs.....good Lord. May both Avery and his nephew rot in hell.

concenedperson I agree with you. In this case they need to do the good ol' 'an eye for an eye' ... Matter of fact this whole family needs to just vanish..the whole lot of them!

concernedperson said:
I know sometimes I post from the heart too much. But this family doesn't even deserve a modicum of respect or an inch of presumed innocent.The facts are horrific. Teresa suffered the depths of hell. I don't care if there is a lynch mob. They need to enact the death penalty and quit paying perverts for their crimes.

But he's a good kid and felt threatened: <much sarcasm>

"This is a young man who was threatened. He was not somebody who came up with this horrible idea," Sczygelski said. "He was victimized by Mr. Avery."

Thuss called Dassey "kind-hearted." His mother, a factory worker, is devoted to her sons, Thuss said.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=405830

I was just thinking about this case and remembered his original rape charge (the one he got paid for). The woman identified him but someone else's DNA was ultimately presented. Now with the current case we know he doesn't always act alone. I think now he was involved in the first rape too.

Does anyone know about the case he went to prison for? Her name? I think he was good for that case too. I would like to read about it, they must have had good evidence against him to sentence him for 18 yrs.

packerdog said:
Does anyone know about the case he went to prison for? Her name? I think he was good for that case too. I would like to read about it, they must have had good evidence against him to sentence him for 18 yrs.

It is all here in the early postings.Many pages back.

You can read details about the first case here:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/steven_avery_halbach/1.html

There is a photo of the victim as well as the place it occurred. She picked Avery out of two lineups.

The dna they recovered from from under her fingernails and hairs found on her body. The person to whom this DNA belonged lived in the same area as Avery. I don't know if they knew each other but there is sort of a resemblence between the two. His photo is on the site.

It mentions also his long history of run-ins with the law including setting a cat on fire and watching it die. This should have been a clue that he had a sadistic streak in him. He served 9 months for that crime. This is the piece of scum that the innocence project chose to get sprung from prison. It must have been his boy scout past that made them feel sorry for him.

He spent another 6 monts in prison for running a sheriff's wife off of the road and pointing a gun at her. I do not feel sorry for him that he spent 18 years in prison whether he committed the crime he was put there for or not.

More about his family and the case at the site. I checked this out a long time abgo but had forgotten some of this. It's a good review and I wonder if now they are going to update the story.

Sherlockmom

Type in Earl Avery in CCAP and see what little goodies you come up with.

First degree sexual assault of a child is among them case #1995CF000240 He pleaded no contest to a lesser charge of 4th degree sexual assault. A 2005 news article confirms this although it doesn't mention it was a child but the court records do:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/11/20/murder_case_reflects_a_family_police_feud/

His brother, Charles, also has a long rap sheet including sexual assault, breaking & entering, etc. The whole family is a pile of rotting garbage. They were a bunch of trash that believed that the rules didn't apply to them. You can see it in the long list of court cases involving breaking of deer hunting laws, traffic violations and failure to pay their debts.

Sherlockmom

From an old article about Avery:

"Avery's 29-year-old niece Carla Avery said family members believe her uncle is innocent. She said they are trying to raise money for his defense and to meet the $500,000 cash bail, but haven't come close."

This would be funny if not so disgusting. Was she planning on raising it by SHOPLIFTING? She has quite a few arrests for that little habit. That and it seems she has a lead foot. Everytime I read something said by another clan member I type them into CCAP and come up with a long rap sheet. The surrounding town must have all known this family. I'm highly suspicious that an Avery uncle was a sheriff. I wonder what his story is. It just doesn't fit.

This old article makes my blood boil with the statement Avery made about Teresa Halbach. Saying that he felt sorry for her family and that she still may be alive and should come home.

http://wfrv.com/seenon/local_story_332164501.html

He has no conscience and must have gotten a big kick out of saying these types of things.

Sherlockmom

Thanks a bunch Sherlockmom, for the awesome read. You are right. this whole family is garbage.

Quote by Sherlock: I'm highly suspicious that an Avery uncle was a sheriff. I wonder what his story is. It just doesn't fit.

Arland Avery is a retired Manitowoc Sheriff's deputy....
His great-uncle said although Dassey earned B's and C's in school, he is "a little slow" and doesn't have many friends. Nor was he involved in sports or school activities, Arland Avery said. Instead, he spent most of his time working on cars at the family business or fishing with his grandfather at the family's cabin near Crivitz.

He also had become close with Steven Avery, Arland Avery said, someone he said would follow through with a threat.

Nonetheless, Dassey knows right from wrong and should have run away or called for help, said Arland Avery, a former Manitowoc County sheriff's deputy.

I don't see how the boy is telling the entire truth. The enitre story stinks to high heaven.

If Teresa was killed in the trailer there would of been more blood. I have a hard time with the fact ........she was slashed & stabbed inside on the bed / would of been way to much blood to clean up. Cops would of seen it on the matress. Or am I over looking something here???

cheko1 said:
Quote by Sherlock: I'm highly suspicious that an Avery uncle was a sheriff. I wonder what his story is. It just doesn't fit.

Arland Avery is a retired Manitowoc Sheriff's deputy....
His great-uncle said although Dassey earned B's and C's in school, he is "a little slow" and doesn't have many friends. Nor was he involved in sports or school activities, Arland Avery said. Instead, he spent most of his time working on cars at the family business or fishing with his grandfather at the family's cabin near Crivitz.

He also had become close with Steven Avery, Arland Avery said, someone he said would follow through with a threat.

Nonetheless, Dassey knows right from wrong and should have run away or called for help, said Arland Avery, a former Manitowoc County sheriff's deputy.

Apparently "a little slow" is a euphemism for "sexual deviant". Sorry, but kids who get B's and C's aren't a little slow. They are average to above average by the traditional grading system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia