WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cheko I know I was thinking about that also. There would of had to of been so much blood splatter and just pools of blood soaked in the matress I would think. I also don't understand why these people had a road named after them? Whats that all about?

cheko1 said:
I don't see how the boy is telling the entire truth. The enitre story stinks to high heaven.

If Teresa was killed in the trailer there would of been more blood. I have a hard time with the fact ........she was slashed & stabbed inside on the bed / would of been way to much blood to clean up. Cops would of seen it on the matress. Or am I over looking something here???

BirdieBoo said:
Apparently "a little slow" is a euphemism for "sexual deviant". Sorry, but kids who get B's and C's aren't a little slow. They are average to above average by the traditional grading system.
Sometimes "a little slow" is code for "We hope to avoid the death penalty and/or any real consequences for the actions in question."

As others have said, Brendan's story doesn't entirely add up. I noticed his birthday was Oct 19th. I wonder if perhaps Teresa was his sweet 16 birthday present from good ole Uncle Steve. When Steve made the phone call, I think he gave the name B. Dassey. From the way this family operates, anything is possible.

This post is in regards to the idea of moving the trial here to Madison.. I wanted to show you all what people here in Madison are saying. Here's a link to our local online newspaper's forum.

http://www.madison.com/post/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9140

The topic is about bringing back the death penalty. Too bad that even if they did, Avery and his doting nephew wouldn't be eligible for it.

Madison is a very very liberal city. We are a bastion for all sorts of people who have different ideas than the 'mainstream'. That being said, Theresa's being raped and butchered has made people furious and bloodthirsty. We are angry, and many hope the trial IS moved here so we could help put these two lunatics away. I know I do. I'd like to attend. If I could only get on that jury... I'd love to pass judgement on these two unbelievably horrid individuals.

To whoever asked about the roads being named.......such as Avery Road.

When people have bought large tracts of land & a road ran adjacent to it or thru the land people would just call it by the peoples last name who owned it. Has been done many years in Wis. Locals would know where the road was, some have stuck others haven't. Families sometimes request it keep its name sake. Thats how it was explained to me 20 yrs ago when I moved here. Turth or not ???? :doh:

mssheila said:
This post is in regards to the idea of moving the trial here to Madison.. I wanted to show you all what people here in Madison are saying. Here's a link to our local online newspaper's forum.

http://www.madison.com/post/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9140

Regardless of where the trial is moved in Wi everyone here has heard about this case........my neck of the woods feels the same way. These 2 will not walk our streets again.

Nobody is going to tell me a 16 yr old was afraid to go to LE & tell the truth. LE would of been lenient & plea bargained down for his testimony against SA.

That trailer would of been a blood bath with all the stab wounds & the rest. JMO he is still lieing / I'm surprised SA never burnt it to the ground for insurance money after his dirty deed.

hollyjokers said:
As others have said, Brendan's story doesn't entirely add up. I noticed his birthday was Oct 19th. I wonder if perhaps Teresa was his sweet 16 birthday present from good ole Uncle Steve. When Steve made the phone call, I think he gave the name B. Dassey. From the way this family operates, anything is possible.

I have done a little business with that place so I can answer a few things here. Avery Road is about 1/4 mile long with several houses- all family members on it. A Sister to Steven named Barb,
Steven's brother Chuck, and his Mom live there, each in their own place, as well as Steven's trailer. The story here is that Mr. Avery (Allen) lives up in Crivitz. I cannot confirm that however. They also have a brother Earl living about 15 or so miles from the Salvage Yard. He and Chuck actually operate the place. The paper here Did list some of the evidence, among other
things the list included blood located in numerous places both in Steven's house as well as a couple vehicles, and his garage.
BTW the boy still had a pair of jeans with Bleach stains and what was said to be DNA evidence. He has claimed He and Steven did extensive Bleaching of the property. (for what it's worth)

Greybeard

>That trailer would of been a blood bath with all the stab wounds & the rest. JMO he is still lieing / I'm surprised SA never burnt it to the ground for insurance money after his dirty deed.<

You got me thinking about this too. I would be surprised if LE didn't take the whole mattress and box spring. Dassey said they removed and burned the sheets but unless Avery had a waterproof cover on the mattress I would think blood & other body fluids could & would have soaked through the sheets don't you? He doesn't seem the type to be persnickety enough with his housekeeping to keep a waterproof mattress cover on his bed.

Do you think they took the shackles back with them too? I haven't heard of any trace evidence or DNA found on those although we now know they were used to restrain Teresa.

You would think that LE at least used Luminol to look for it. More details may come out during trial.

Sherlockmom

I thought about waterproof covers too. Then disregarded it/ he doesn't look like he'd care what he slept in or on.....

Dassey stated they had stabbed her, cut her throat & SA choked her for several minutes they unshackled her & then tied her up with rope. He believed she was dead then. Why tie her up???? He also states they burnt her clothing from cleaned up blood...but says not a word about the sheets having blood on them.

Which also leaves me thinking that it could be possible that Dassey went back to the trailer & dropped the key to her vehicle on the floor so LE would find it. LE swears they hadn't seen it when they were there before.

Sherlockmom said:
> unless Avery had a waterproof cover on the mattress I would think blood & other body fluids could & would have soaked through the sheets don't you? He doesn't seem the type to be persnickety enough with his housekeeping to keep a waterproof mattress cover on his bed.
Sherlockmom

Maybe he is a bedwetter. :rolleyes:

cheko1 said:
Which also leaves me thinking that it could be possible that Dassey went back to the trailer & dropped the key to her vehicle on the floor so LE would find it. LE swears they hadn't seen it when they were there before.

I have heard 3 different stories on these keys. Wonder which one is right. First I heard found between the matress and boxspring, then near a book shelf, and now on the floor.

>Which also leaves me thinking that it could be possible that Dassey went back to the trailer & dropped the key to her vehicle on the floor so LE would find it. LE swears they hadn't seen it when they were there before.<

But then you would think he would have said so. You would think he'd say "Whew, I'm so glad you finally figured it out. I left that key hoping you'd find it. I was too afraid to say anything." Avery is already in jail and has been for awhile what took him so long?

Sherlockmom

>I have heard 3 different stories on these keys. Wonder which one is right. First I heard found between the matress and boxspring, then near a book shelf, and now on the floor.<

Add two more. On top of the dresser and in a dresser drawer. That key sure travels around. LOL!

I wonder too what happened to her hair that they cut off. Did they burn that too? Or did they keep that?

>Maybe he's a bedwetter.<

Wouldn't be surprised sis.

Sherlockmom

MANITOWOC, Wis. - Authorities seized more than 40 items - including hair fibers, mattresses and various knives - as they investigated the murder of a young photographer, according to new search warrants in the case.

The 43 other items seized by investigators with the new warrants also included a gun rack, hangers, a hula grass skirt, wall paneling, pieces of concrete floor from a garage, bullet fragments and paint remover.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/politics/14032333.htm

The mattress thing bugs me, why are they just taking it now, it should have had lots noticible blood. What is up with the Hula Skirt, I wonder?

Arland Avery, the uncle of Steven Avery and great-uncle of Brendan Dassey, now says he thinks his relatives are guilty of Teresa Halbach's murder. He says there's too much evidence to think otherwise.

"I think it's a possibility he could have prevented it. I don't know what went through his mind, why he didn't seek help," he said.

"I believe that he could have been a hero and Teresa Halbach would have been alive today. If they did commit the crime, then they should rot in hell."

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4592989

Manitowoc County counsel wants to weigh in on Steven Avery's family putting up property for bond to get him out of jail.

The county lawyer says the county doesn't have an issue with the amount of Avery's bail, just how it would be secured.

Right now the judge says Avery's $500,000 could be secured by property, meaning his family could put up their salvage yard business and other property to secure his release from jail.

But if Avery were to flee or otherwise reneg on his bond, the county could end up owning the Avery family property.

The county says it doesn't want to be the landlord of a salvage business, and it doesn't want to be responsible for any environmental contamination that might be present there.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4591410

>Arland Avery, the uncle of Steven Avery and great-uncle of Brendan Dassey, now says he thinks his relatives are guilty of Teresa Halbach's murder. He says there's too much evidence to think otherwise<

Ya think? I don't know what's up with the hula skirt either. What a bunch of creeps.

I don't blame the county for not wanting to end up owning the junk yard. I'm sure no environmental laws were followed there either. Make them ante up the cash. I think he is a flight risk anyway and the bail is too low. I don't think they have to even come up with the whole amount, just a portion of it.

This has ignited a call for the death penalty in the state. Wisconsin residents may get to vote on a non-binding referendum as early as September.

Sherlockmom

Brendan Dassey is going to lose his appointed attorney after it was discovered that his attorney is a cousin to the victim, Teresa Halbach.

Ralph Sczygelski will ask the judge to release him from the case. Because he is only one of two attorneys in the area who is approved to do this it is likely that an attorney from outside the area will now be appointed.

Sczygelski comes from a large family and was not aware before now that he was related to Halbach. He stated he has over 100 first cousins. Halbach was a second cousin.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=406003

Sherlockmom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members