WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I go along with writing letters & contacting them. But I'm not from the county....I live in St Croix County on the border of Mn.

I recently wrote a letter to the judge here in regards to child support payments. They could care less if its paid or not. It did no good... the guy in question refuses to pay & the court allows it.

I write letters to all our elected officals & refuse to back down.

cheko1 said:
I go along with writing letters & contacting them. But I'm not from the county....I live in St Croix County on the border of Mn.

I recently wrote a letter to the judge here in regards to child support payments. They could care less if its paid or not. It did no good... the guy in question refuses to pay & the court allows it.

I write letters to all our elected officals & refuse to back down.

I'm not in that county either but if I was I would start emailing everyone I could think of. I wrote to Senators, Congress, and Reps over "Jessica's Law"
and reminded them who they work for and that they are elected to speak for us. Republicans were all for it but the Democrats were digging their heels in. They did end up passing it though.

It used to be the same way here with child support unless you were on welfare. If you were on welfare they went after the dads because the money would go to repay welfare. If you were a single working mother they could have cared less. Support Inforcement is on the ball now though and they do go after the deadbeat dads regardless of your circumstances.

Is there a local newspaper in the town where the two will be tried? Maybe some of us could write a "letter to the editor" and give our opinion. I think they kind of take note when letters from out of state end up in their paper.
Maybe that would give the townspeople a nudge to do something. Anyone know the email for the newspaper?

I don't know much about about the county. The deadbeat Dad I referrerd to is from that area. No surprise!!! He also knew / knows the Avery's very well.

1000Sparks said:
Why give him a plea bargain? He's as guilty as Avery ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I assume it's in exchange for his testimony against Avery. Blech.

Hoppy

>I assume it's in exchange for his testimony against Avery. Blech.<

If they have a taped confession of him admitting being involved in the crime wouldn't his appearance as a witness in Avery's trial be mandatory? I wouldn't think they'd have to make a deal with him to get him to testify. Or do you think they made a deal with him before he confessed in order to get a confession? Blech indeedy:(

Sherlockmom

That's what I'm thinking too..

They have enough on both of them without giving a plea bargain.. all of the testimony against Avery was confirmed...

"both the defense and prosecution believe the uncle, Avery, may be influencing Dassey.

Judge Jerome Fox set a hearing for next Friday to determine whether Dassey made the request of free will"

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/9279069/detail.html

I heard this morning that a plea deal has been offered to Dassey. He must not have liked the deal.

I fail to see how his uncle could be influencing him since they are both in separate facilities. What are they using? ESP? And what is wrong with the prosecution going along with this foolishness? Do they not think that if they can say Avery is influencing Dassey from a jail cell this is also what his attorney will claim made him commit this crime. IMO the prosecution is being foolish to go along with this.

Sherlockmom

Sherlockmom said:
"both the defense and prosecution believe the uncle, Avery, may be influencing Dassey.

Judge Jerome Fox set a hearing for next Friday to determine whether Dassey made the request of free will"

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/9279069/detail.html

I heard this morning that a plea deal has been offered to Dassey. He must not have liked the deal.

I fail to see how his uncle could be influencing him since they are both in separate facilities. What are they using? ESP? And what is wrong with the prosecution going along with this foolishness? Do they not think that if they can say Avery is influencing Dassey from a jail cell this is also what his attorney will claim made him commit this crime. IMO the prosecution is being foolish to go along with this.

Sherlockmom

The bottom line is called MONEY. Trials are expensive and if they can get a person to take a plea bargain and pled guilty they don't have to go to trial. Even a plea bargain is a win on the record of the Pros.

That boy was smart enough to know what was going on in that house when he went to the door. He involved himself in the whole thing when he opened the door and joined his uncle in a rape and a murder. If he hadn't wanted to get involved he could have walked away and his uncle would never have even known he had been there. He was probably a virgin and saw his big chance to have some sex and jumped right in there. I doubt that Avery stood over him with a club. They both no doubt enjoyed the whole horrible thing.

They don't need the kid to testify against Avery. They have enough evidence to hang them both. If they don't want to spend the money on two trials then they should try them together. They did the whole thing together so what difference would it make. They both should be locked up for the rest of their lives. That mother can cry that Brenden is slow all she wants but the kid was smart enough to unzip his pants and he was smart enough to go along with his uncle and murder that poor girl so he isn't all that slow. Besides, if he is as slow as his mother claims he may as well spend the rest of his life in prison because he wouldn't be capable of doing anything with his life anyway. If LE was smart they would figure out a way to lock the whole pathetic family away.

Brenden is also not so slow that he doesn't knows how to use a computer and send emails...

Heard today that he is included with Avery in the Halback's civil suit...

Judge denies Dassey's request for a new attorney. But prosecutor Kratz said that Dassey and his uncle, Steven Avery, planned together the murder of Halbach. Apparantly after the judge ruled that Dassey's statements were admissable in court in the Avery case Dassey admitted to police that he and his uncle set her up to be murdered and raped.

Among evidence listed as found was blood DNA from Halbach found on a bullet in Dassey's garage. Also Avery's DNA found on a hood latch on Halbach's car.

A prosecution motion to double Dassey's bail was denied as well as a defense motion to allow property in lieu of cash to be used to make his bail.

http://wfrv.com/local/local_story_153075243.html

Wonder what mama has to say now? I always had the feeling that these two set her up and planned this together. The story of him just riding his bike over there, knocking on the door and joining in just didn't ring true.

Sherlockmom

"In documents filed Wednesday in Manitowoc County Court, Appleton attorney Len Kachinsky said monitored jail conferences and taped phone conversations show that Avery is using family members to persuade Dassey to change attorneys rather than accept a plea deal. He said Dassey will be called as a witness against his uncle whether or not he accepts the plea bargain. "

And isn't this just a hoot?

"He also said Dassey's mother, Barbara Janda, Avery's sister, has refused several invitations to view Dassey's taped confession.

"Nevertheless, she has made several statements to the media expressing an opinion that the statement was coerced and untrue," Kachinsky said. "

More: http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060601/APC0101/606010636

Sherlockmom

I think the entire fam / damily needs locked up. They're all a few cards short of a full deck!

I'm so conflicted about this new development.

Here's what I wonder. Was Dassey actually planning it WITH Avery, or was he just taken along for the ride.

Was it a big secret between the two of them, or did the whole sick family know? It seems like there must be more than the two of them that knew, because there must have been a lot of screaming, yelling, guns going off, and things like that happening.

If it was Avery planning it, and Dassey felt like he had to just go along, and the rest of the family was totally unaware, why wouldn't Dassey have an attack of conscience and try to thwart it by telling someone- "Um... uncle steven is talking about killing someone... what should I do?"

There is always the option that maybe Dasse simply has no conscience. Maybe he's just like Avery. If he truly planned this WITH Avery, as opposed to Avery planning it and Dassey just going along, then he wouldn't feel an attack of conscience. It's so hard for me to believe that about a kid, but I know, realistically, it can happen.

I guess I'm thinking like a non-sociopath again.

chicoliving said:
A trial date is set for the 16-year-old boy accused along with his uncle of raping and killing a young woman in Manitowoc County.

Brendan Dassey's trial is scheduled to begin Feb. 5 and last two weeks.

http://wfrv.com/topstories/local_story_165085956.html

That isn't very long for a trial is it? What about Uncle Steve? Have they set a trial date for him yet? I hope they lock them both up and throw away the key.

mssheila said:
I'm so conflicted about this new development.

Here's what I wonder. Was Dassey actually planning it WITH Avery, or was he just taken along for the ride.

Was it a big secret between the two of them, or did the whole sick family know? It seems like there must be more than the two of them that knew, because there must have been a lot of screaming, yelling, guns going off, and things like that happening.

If it was Avery planning it, and Dassey felt like he had to just go along, and the rest of the family was totally unaware, why wouldn't Dassey have an attack of conscience and try to thwart it by telling someone- "Um... uncle steven is talking about killing someone... what should I do?"

There is always the option that maybe Dasse simply has no conscience. Maybe he's just like Avery. If he truly planned this WITH Avery, as opposed to Avery planning it and Dassey just going along, then he wouldn't feel an attack of conscience. It's so hard for me to believe that about a kid, but I know, realistically, it can happen.

I guess I'm thinking like a non-sociopath again.

I'm wondering if this isn't the way it happened.....Steve Avery or someone in that family called Teresa's work place and asked for Teresa...personally...to come and take pictures of a car that he wanted to put in their car ads. So we know that he wanted Teresa to come and only Teresa. I'll bet that Steve then talked to Dassey and told him that Teresa would be coming on the pretense of taking pictures but here is what Avery had in mind. They both cooked up the rape and murder....together... then carried their plan out when she got there. They should both get the needle.

There is more than just Steve Avery that lives by that junkyard from what I remember. I wonder how close the other houses or trailers are from Averys.
Where was the girlfriend that Avery had living with him? Why didn't anyone hear the gun shots unless they are used to hearing gun shots around there. As crazy as that family is they probably shot at the moon.

EXCERPT FROM ARTICLE:

"Coffey also said Avery illegally transferred the funds because the transfer occurred three days after Avery was sued in civil court. State law prohibits the transfer of funds after being named as a defendant in a civil complaint, according to court records.

As of May 23, Strang said he already has earned nearly 60 percent of the funds, and Deets says in his ruling that due to the cost of an adequate defense team, Strang and Buting likely will not receive "anything close to their hourly rate by the time this case is concluded at the trial level."

Read what the judge had to say here:

http://wfrv.com/local/local_story_175173538.html

Sherlockmom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads