WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobbisangel said:
Where is Avery getting the money to pay for a defense with these high powered attornies? Surely they aren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts are they? I thought the Halbacks had gotten Avery's money frozen through the court system as they have a civil suit in progress.
I can't remember if the assets were actually frozen, I think they were. He had different lawyers, I thought, for the civil suit. (which would make sense, given the specialized nature...)

Hate to say - I think it's possible they're doing this pro bono for now, and would expect payment after. The worst part - Halbach's would have to sue Avery civilly for wrongful death (ala O.J.) but Avery's lawyers would also have a claim to that money. They are getting good legal advice b/c they got the $$ frozen before the lawyers drained it all, but... no idea if they'll get that $$ eventually or not.

The defense is now alleging that the DNA expert is "in" on the conspiracy. She sent some buccal swabs over to Manitowoc County...

mssheila said:
The defense is now alleging that the DNA expert is "in" on the conspiracy. She sent some buccal swabs over to Manitowoc County...

Everyone in the county and out of it must be in on the conspiracy :boohoo: poor Steven...everyone is ganged up against him. If a jury believe this nonsense I will have a stroke.

One thing I don't understand though is why in the heck wasn't anyone who has had anything to do with Avery's arrests....civil trial....etc...kept out of this case. I thought that that was the plan in the beginning. Yet they let two detectives go and help with the searches, etc. Why didn't they use their heads for pity sake. They knew this would happen :furious:

Prosecutors trying a man who spent 18 years in prison for a rape he didn't commit told jurors Wednesday that DNA evidence in this murder case is incredibly powerful -- but the defense claimed it's questionable.

Steven Avery, 44, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse and being a felon in possession of a firearm. He's accused of killing Teresa Halbach near the family's auto salvage lot on Halloween 2005 in rural Manitowoc County. Halbach, 25, went to photograph a minivan Avery's sister was selling through Auto Trader magazine.

http://wfrv.com/topstories/local_story_073120657.html

A man who spent 18 years in prison for a rape he didn't commit was convicted Sunday of murdering a photographer, whose charred bones were found in a burn pit outside his home.

Steven Avery, 44, shook his head when the verdict was read. He faces a mandatory life prison term for killing Teresa Halbach, 25, on Halloween 2005 near his family's salvage yard.

http://wfrv.com/local/local_story_076111727.html

:clap:

I'm glad this man is going to spend the rest of his life in jail. After being given a second chance, Avery decided that he was immune to our laws... he just found out different. Too bad the death penalty wasn't an option.

Kudos to the jury for not buying the defense's bull ----. One down, one to go. Bring on Dassey.

:behindbar

:clap: This news has just made my day , I wish he could get the death penalty too.

I'm so ecstatic Avery won't be out walking the streets ever again. I think the Death Penalty would have been to easy for this monster. I want him to suffer in prison. I hope the prisoners all retaliate against him. I can't wait for the next conviction. Justice will be served.

Avery is such a piece of dirt.

I feel so bad for Teresa's family for all the suffering they had to endure.

Gozgals

I'm very glad the jury came back with the guilty verdict, that Avery has to sit in prison all his life.I sincerely hope he is tortured in prison the way he tortured poor Teresa. He is a monster!!!!

Yes, this creep is a evil monster. I wonder if he really thought the jurors would buy all of that conspiracy bull. I think he should have had to set in that courtroom looking just like he did when he murdered Teresa with the ugly long beard and looking all scruffy. The jury probably would have been back in in about 10 minutes. That was who he really was.

I'm so glad that Teresa and her family finally received justice and maybe now Teresa can rest in peace...bless her heart. At least Avery will never be able to do this again. I hope her family can feel a little bit of peace too.

I too was relieved Avery was found guilty. JMHO but I think he felt he could get away with it due to his prior wrongful conviction ... that he was untouchable so to speak. What a !

Jury in the Brendan Dassey case HAS REACHED A VERDICT.

I will post it here as soon as it is announced.

It's currently 10:07 p.m. Central Time.

Hoppy

A man convicted of murdering a photographer 3 1/2 years after his release from prison for a rape he did not commit was sentenced Friday to life in prison with no chance for parole.

Steven Avery, 44, was convicted in March of killing Teresa Halbach, 25, on Halloween 2005 near his family's rural auto salvage lot. He also was convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm and sentenced to 10 additional years on that charge.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-ap-wi-missingwoman,1,4021033.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Thank you Lord there is justice at times here on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia