Will Casey face probation?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm NOT buying this from Perry. He had case law at his fingertips and came up with information within seconds or minutes all throughout the trial...now he needs days/weeks to reach a decision on probation? I think he's just trying to drag this out because of his inappropriate and misplaced fears for FCA. Too bad he was elected Chief Judge again. Unbelievable.

judge perry said he was in trial all week. imo it's highly probable he is just BUSY. i'm sure the casey anthony case is not the only thing he has on his agenda. imo this is obviously a situation that warrants a lot of research. i don't think i would prefer a judge to just blindly rule on a complicated issue without doing a more reasonable amount of research. he even said in the hearing that the night before he had to cut his research short because he was too tired.

If that is the case and FCA was on probabtion, like they claim, isn't this clearly a violation? It just doesn't make sense..Look how many people lost their jobs over her and she gets a smack on the back of the hand--if you want to call it that... :confused:

Seriously..can't have your cake and eat it too...so which is it?! I wish someone would ask JB that question!..nah, he would just duck dodge and dance like he always has...Maybe a little birdie will whisper in Judge Perry's ear? I just can't get my hopes up anymore for what seems so obvious to me :(

Oh brother, now it's a conspiracy by Perry. It's like Casey must be a powerful puppetmaster witch putting hexes on everyone. You've heard of BDS or ODS? I think there is some CDS going on here.

Judges take time for rulings sometimes. It's nothing unusual.

I would guess that since this did not result in any new criminal charges it doesn't amount to much. I can't imagine any judge would actually violate and revoke probation on note passing and hair cutting. Now if she were penalized by the jail it could certainly affect her good time credit and that could amount to a violation, did that happen? That would make a big difference.
I would think the CO was penalized for facilitating a break in the rules and she would be held to a higher standard as a paid employee.
JMHO.

JBean, what could she have done short of trying to escape to violate then? All this just makes my brain hurt..No wonder she seems to think she's invincible..so far in her life she has managed to be just that..

Oh brother, now it's a conspiracy by Perry. It's like Casey must be a powerful puppetmaster witch putting hexes on everyone. You've heard of BDS or ODS? I think there is some CDS going on here.

There is? I must of missed the conspiracy posts..I'll have to read on back..

Then Perry is clearly in trial just to piss off the impatient Casey case followers.

Then Perry is clearly in trial just to piss off the impatient Casey case followers.

At the least he is dragging his feet on this. It's not that complicated that he needs a week to review it, plus he has help... How long did the previous sentencing incompetence take?
A swift kick in the teeth for FCA on what would have been Caylee's birthday would have been appropriate.

judge perry said he was in trial all week. imo it's highly probable he is just BUSY. i'm sure the casey anthony case is not the only thing he has on his agenda. imo this is obviously a situation that warrants a lot of research. i don't think i would prefer a judge to just blindly rule on a complicated issue without doing a more reasonable amount of research. he even said in the hearing that the night before he had to cut his research short because he was too tired.

I don't think he should rule blindly either. However, this has been dragging on forever and he could have had this researched before hand. He should have gotten it right the first time. moo

At the least he is dragging his feet on this. It's not that complicated that he needs a week to review it, plus he has help... How long did the previous sentencing incompetence take?
A swift kick in the teeth for FCA on what would have been Caylee's birthday would have been appropriate.
BBM. Judge Perry is giving us a "cooling off period", before he rules in favor of the defense.

Well if you look at his statements, he has expressed fear for her safety and he refused to release jurors' names because of the mysterious, phantom threats and mobs supposedly waiting to do everyone harm. It is clearly what he believes and he is clearly dragging this out. He was very efficient and quick with things like jury selection and getting the trial on course, so it makes sense that this is deliberate. Conspiracy? No one said that.

She was ordered to serve one year of probation after her release from jail. That did not state she could serve probation while serving her time for her offenses. What would be the point. Should have thrown the book at her the first time around.

Well if you look at his statements, he has expressed fear for her safety and he refused to release jurors' names because of the mysterious, phantom threats and mobs supposedly waiting to do everyone harm.

Right, cause it's so much wiser to not proceed with caution and to instead risk potentially endanger anyone. He's such a <modsnip>judge!

It is clearly what he believes and he is clearly dragging this out.

What dragging? Because he hasn't filled your timeframe? This is the normal speed of law.

He was very efficient and quick with things like jury selection and getting the trial on course, so it makes sense that this is deliberate. Conspiracy? No one said that.

There was a reason to speed the trial along. (Hint: there was a sequestered jury.) What's the hurry now? <modsnip>
There is more to the world and to Florida's and Perry's legal priorities than Casey Anthony's potential probation.

This is not a conspiracy. Sheesh. This decision is going to have FAR reaching effects beyond FCA. That is why he is taking his time. For cripes sake, he was having to look at case law outside of Florida for help. I'd rather he take his time on this than rush it. And guys, he just lost a huge case. That has to be wearing on him, not because he's obsessed and selfish, but because he knows it's a travesty of justice as much as we do, and who knows, maybe he's questioning rushing the jury and things like that in his mind. This is big blow to him, and I think he knows it. He knows he can't come off looking vengeful towards Casey, but he can't just give her a break either and affect many, many convicted criminals beyond Casey. He's between a dang rock and a hard place. He definitely gets my sympathy here, and I think he should take all the time he darn well needs. He takes his time, and he's thorough, and he's been like this since he was put on Casey's case. That's the type of judge I respect.

An error has been made and not by this sitting judge but somehow we can't expect him to drop everything, put trials on hold while he researches this matter. He does have help but as he said many times in court he does his own research also just to make sure he is ruling correctly. In the general scheme of things KC's probation is a small matter compared to taking over the duties of a retiring judge plus his own administrative duties as well. Now there's the matter of KC back in his court again just when he thought he was clear of it. He's in no hurry and really what's the rush. It's not like he's holding KC up from doing what she wants. No one who has a horse in the race seems to be upset about it. Even CM is quiet....hope I don't regret saying that. lol jmo

Good gravy, no need to get snarky with each other. The discussion about whether she should be on probation is a complex and interesting topic. It is not necessary to reduce it to personal digs on one another. I do not understand how that still happens LOL.

Please stop. thanks.

Post lands at random on this thread.

Does anybody know what trial HHJP is hearing.
I am wondering if it's the murder trial Bill Sheaffer said he had in HHJP's courtroom in Aug.

That would have been interesting to watch. jmo

I have a question. During sentencing, FG raised the issue of the impropriety of an indefinite sentence.
I know that Strickland said if you have a better idea file a motion.

Further, the State did not file said motion so my question is, was the original sentence deemed proper only as it relates to an indefinite period of time?

If this has not been put to bed, this could be another piece of the puzzle that Judge Perry is researching.

Since I have not followed this as closely as most of you, can some one educate me as to whether or not this was finally resolved and share the authority under which this was done? or was this also just forgotten and never dealt with? Was the sentence legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member