Will Cindy be prosecuted for perjury?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think the State [i]will[/i] decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony?

• Yes, the State will decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 27 6.7%
  • No, the State will not decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 148 36.7%
  • Yes, I think the State [i]should[/i] prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 214 53.1%
  • No, I do not think the State [i]should[/i] prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 14 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with you on all points. Some will say the prosecution put on a good case, well IMO they needed to walk these non death qualified jurors by the hand and explain reasonable doubt. JA put the icing on the cake when he laughed at JB. They didn't see all the behind the scenes shenanigans and blamed alot of the delays on the SA. They were for the underdog, the pros should have picked up on this and played appropriately. :banghead:

I've been too stunned for posting much over the past week........but I think in my own mind I've determined the biggest contributor to the very bad verdict. The very subjective Reasonable Doubt really did need to be explained more clearly to this group. The DT spent a lot of time throwing their version of doubt at the jury. The SA spent their time presenting the facts and leaving the jurors to think through it all and come to a logical conclusion.
We live in a world now of sound bites and 80% solutions/decisions..........the days of coming to studied, well reasoned decisions seem to be gone so the take away lesson is that in the future we need to recognize that you have to give people the answer you want and then tell them over and over why it's the right answer.

The only thing worse than Casey murdering her daughter in COLD BLOOD is her mother, the grandmother of this child, getting up on a stand and LYING for the murderer. It is disgusting and worthy of punishment. I'm very disappointed that once again this family shakes a defiant fist at authority and escapes any and all consequences. DISGUSTING!!! moooooooooooooooooooo

It was also just confirmed on HLN and by CNN's Vinnie Politan: "No perjury charges will be filed against Cindy Anthony." End of story. I think the lesson both Casey and Cindy have taken away from all of this, is that it really does pay to lie.

Selective prosecution. It's discrimatory and should be illegal. It's soooo unfair. MOO

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43728552/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001

Casey Anthony's mother Cindy will not face criminal perjury charges, a spokeswoman for the Florida District Attorney's Office told NBC station WESH on Tuesday.
The word came hours after a Florida sheriff told reporters that perjury charges were possible for Cindy Anthony's testimony during her daughter's murder trial. He also said, however, it was up to the state to decide whether to press charges.

Nice to send the message that they can get away with anything to a pack of narcissists.

They made the best decision possible. Nothing good to come out of putting the so called 'grieving grandmother' on trial. It will look like sour grapes and the big bad prosecutor going after a grieving grandmother.

JMHO

Of course I respect your opinion here. I just have a different opinion. The "grieving grand-mother vs "the bully State" is a real perception to some people. BUT IMO, the bigger picture must be addressed here. This trial is as high visibility as it ever gets. The young people of the country know of this court case big time. Both through their parents watching and talking about the court case. And through the cyber media communications of our day. And the message sent by not going after Cindy is clear. Lying is a valid action on the witness stand. That is the lesson our young people are learning here. And I sure believe that message to the future of our country is ever so negative. And heavily outweighs a few bleeding heart liberals who are worried about Cindy's being upset over facing the truth through a perjury procedure.

It might be good to send the message that it's not ok to lie in order to free a child murderer. Why even have perjury laws?

Exactly!! People lie to benefit themselves, and Cindy lied so she wouldn't loose her daughter to lethal injection. She should have been charged!

The Anthony's should write a "Lying For Dummies" book.

I'd actually buy that one.

Thank you Florida for not feeding this circus anymore!

I agree with you Chablis, I would think the citizens of Florida would be tired of flipping the bill for this case. Cindy would probably get probation anyway. There are thousands of other missing children out there that need to be found. So click on the link below by the missing children's logo and find your state and try to find a child that may still be alive and needs your help now. By the way the jury loved Baez, so the prosecution had it's work cut out.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0800-0899/0837/Sections/0837.02.html

I wish the whole lying bunch of Anthonys (also the defense team, especially the finger man and the jumping woman) would move to Puerto Rico or somewhere far away and just fade away. They can take that spineless jury too and they can all spend the rest of their days on the beach. Oh, well, I can wish, can't I?????

Wow, way to go with applying the laws equally and fairly. Now what kind of leg do they have to stand on when someone else obviously perjures themselves on the stand??!! This all just makes me SICK!! Florida - Orange County - the armpit of the South!!

It was also just confirmed on HLN and by CNN's Vinnie Politan: "No perjury charges will be filed against Cindy Anthony." End of story. I think the lesson both Casey and Cindy have taken away from all of this, is that it really does pay to lie.

Yes. It appears that everything Casey and Cindy decided to do turned out to work. Not reporting Caylee being missing, cleaning out the car and washing Casey's clothes, lying and misleading about what happened to Caylee and what caused the odor--just everything that I thought was so transparent and stupid turned out to save Casey's butt.

I'm not surprised the SA has decided not to proceed with perjury charges against Cindy. They must be sick of this family and just want them behind them. Apparently perjury charges are notoriously had to prove, and this would involve more court $$$ that the county is prepared to spend.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be - because I'd like to see her charged, convicted and spending a few years in jail. But I do understand the reasons why the SA may have chosen to go ahead.

What I am waiting to see is if HHJP will move quietly ahead with Baez's sanctions and contempt charges - I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't. And I am looking forward to hearing those results.

I agree with you Chablis, I would think the citizens of Florida would be tired of flipping the bill for this case. Cindy would probably get probation anyway. There are thousands of other missing children out there that need to be found. So click on the link below by the missing children's logo and find your state and try to find a child that may still be alive and needs your help now. By the way the jury loved Baez, so the prosecution had it's work cut out.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0800-0899/0837/Sections/0837.02.html

I keep hearing that and I find it so hard to believe! I mean I believe it but wow - just wow! He was pretentious, he kept posing, losing track of himself, was crass, a buffoon - and I spent a lot of time laughing at him during the trial he just looked and sounded foolish. I'm just not sure what trial the jurors were watching...

I keep hearing that and I find it so hard to believe! I mean I believe it but wow - just wow! He was pretentious, he kept posing, losing track of himself, was crass, a buffoon - and I spent a lot of time laughing at him during the trial he just looked and sounded foolish. I'm just not sure what trial the jurors were watching...

I thought he was a JOKE! I can't believe that anyone would take him seriously. I was almost embarrassed for him. His greeting to the judge, prosecutors and the jury each day was cringe worthy.

I'm not surprised the SA has decided not to proceed with perjury charges against Cindy. They must be sick of this family and just want them behind them. Apparently perjury charges are notoriously had to prove, and this would involve more court $$$ that the county is prepared to spend.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be - because I'd like to see her charged, convicted and spending a few years in jail. But I do understand the reasons why the SA may have chosen to go ahead.

What I am waiting to see is if HHJP will move quietly ahead with Baez's sanctions and contempt charges - I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't. And I am looking forward to hearing those results.

BBM

I can see that IN GENERAL perjury would be hard to prove, because the person could say that it's what they believed to be true at the time, or that the word they used didn't quite mean what it sounded like, or they were referring to something different. But this case is SO CLEAR. She said straight out that she did certain things on certain days, and there is detailed proof that she did not and could not have done those things.

I bet LE want them out of the state. Next time ICA kills someone that don't want it to be their prob oron their turf. Can't blame them. And while legally they could get her for perjury I don't think they want to be bothered with this family anymore.

I thought he was a JOKE! I can't believe that anyone would take him seriously. I was almost embarrassed for him. His greeting to the judge, prosecutors and the jury each day was cringe worthy.

Agree - heh heh - I left that part out....:great:

Course the other thing was I knew he was lying about a lot of things.....

Of course I respect your opinion here. I just have a different opinion. The "grieving grand-mother vs "the bully State" is a real perception to some people. BUT IMO, the bigger picture must be addressed here. This trial is as high visibility as it ever gets. The young people of the country know of this court case big time. Both through their parents watching and talking about the court case. And through the cyber media communications of our day. And the message sent by not going after Cindy is clear. Lying is a valid action on the witness stand. That is the lesson our young people are learning here. And I sure believe that message to the future of our country is ever so negative. And heavily outweighs a few bleeding heart liberals who are worried about Cindy's being upset over facing the truth through a perjury procedure.

With all due respect the young children of this country learned a lesson in lying back when our own president got impeached for lying under oath to Congress. Even though some consider that a different circumstance lying is lying. What do you think will make the history books President Bill Clinton lying under oath to Congress and getting impeached or Cindy Anthony lying under oath to save the life of her daughter?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/impeach122098.htm

BBM

I can see that IN GENERAL perjury would be hard to prove, because the person could say that it's what they believed to be true at the time, or that the word they used didn't quite mean what it sounded like, or they were referring to something different. But this case is SO CLEAR. She said straight out that she did certain things on certain days, and there is detailed proof that she did not and could not have done those things.

No no - I agree - it should be a slam dunk but then she'd argue extreme stress and mental confusion because of her grief and confusion because she was taking medication and it was clouding her memory and then she was just mistaken about the computer searches and blah blah....

Sigh....:banghead: - seriously would it be worth their time. Judge S said it's a known fact that family members frequently lie on the stand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member