Will Misty tell the truth now that she's in jail? (POLL)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will Misty tell the truth about Haleigh if she stays in jail?

• Yes

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • No, nothing will get her to tell the truth

Votes: 46 27.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other: please post your explanation

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
If misty can be assured that rc will never get out of jail, she'll talk.

I think she will talk if she was not involved..If she was then no..She knows the difference in drug and murder charges..

I don't know. I just don't know.
If LP bonds her out, then my answer is, "No way!" If she stays confined outside the gen-pop, then my answer is, "possibly." If she goes in gen-pop my answer changes to, "maybe" especially if they room her with a snitch.

This girl is so adept at manipulation! She manipulates her family and her "friends" and I have to honestly wonder if she has a mental illness like Borderline Personality Disorder and actually believes everything she says?

I think the police need to be adjusting her accomodations according to her phone conversations. The food is bad? Make it more bland. She doesn't like being alone, string her along and tell her that they're going to put her in gen-pop, then change their mind. Reduce her visits and phone calls.
I don't know if any of that is legal, but those things are the things that seem to be getting to her, you know?

I don't know. I just don't know.
If LP bonds her out, then my answer is, "No way!" If she stays confined outside the gen-pop, then my answer is, "possibly." If she goes in gen-pop my answer changes to, "maybe" especially if they room her with a snitch.

This girl is so adept at manipulation! She manipulates her family and her "friends" and I have to honestly wonder if she has a mental illness like Borderline Personality Disorder and actually believes everything she says?

I think the police need to be adjusting her accomodations according to her phone conversations. The food is bad? Make it more bland. She doesn't like being alone, string her along and tell her that they're going to put her in gen-pop, then change their mind. Reduce her visits and phone calls.
I don't know if any of that is legal, but those things are the things that seem to be getting to her, you know?

She certainly didn't seem to do well for those 4 days when her phone was broken and she couldn't call Mom/Dad/Timmy. Outside contact is huge to her, and she's requesting to be in general population. I don't know how much corrections can alter those things legally, but those seem to be her weak points- those and the food.

I think that because Misty is "high profile" (and probably disliked by many female inmates) she will stay in protective custody. This may be the best leverage LE has with her based on her phone calls. I do think that if there is no incentive for Misty to talk, she won't. For this reason, and for the sake of finding Haleigh, I hope Misty's involvement in the crime is minimal (my head tells me it's not though).

I voted maybe because I don't think she knows what the truth is - if she was home she was so far out of it on drugs she doesn't remember anything.

I voted no/ nothing will get her to tell the truth> However I see the game played this way. She gets out on bail and flies the coop......

I voted Maybe. I had to chose that because if I remember correctly last night on NG it was said that parts of her recordings have been redacted by LE. I'd really really like to know what was redacted. :)

Misty had her freedom and has never told the truth. Misty only tells what Misty wants to say in order to get her out of whatever situation she currently finds herself.

She lies because it gets results. "I was just getting the pills for a friend, I wasn't trafficking." And Chelsea buys that.

NO NO NO she will not tell the truth now that she's in jail. She will only tell what she can to get herself out of this mess, and the minimum of that will be the truth.

I voted other, because if they get anything out of her, it will be because it "slipped out" (phone call recorded in jail) or in an LE interview. She is not smart, she only got to the 5th grade, she doesn't know the difference between feet and inches, or what 10 % of 50,000 is, she will trip herself up. Her story keeps changing because she can't keep it straight, if LE leans on her, she will get frustrated now she is in jail, no Ron by her side and she will make a huge mistake. Ron never left her side in the beginning of all of this, now we will see what happens.....

I voted "maybe". If she was not directly involved and is simply covering for Ron or someone else, she may talk. On the other hand, if she is responsible for Haleigh's death, she would have no reason to talk, knowing that she would probably be heading for life a sentence if she confesses.
Katharine

It looks like the poll shows, yes, no and maybe. It is indeed very difficult to predict what Misty will do. :waitasec:

I think that because Misty is "high profile" (and probably disliked by many female inmates) she will stay in protective custody. This may be the best leverage LE has with her based on her phone calls. I do think that if there is no incentive for Misty to talk, she won't. For this reason, and for the sake of finding Haleigh, I hope Misty's involvement in the crime is minimal (my head tells me it's not though).

[BBM]

I think LE will have to use any and all leverage tactics against Misty available to them and we're seeing quite a few already. First, all this talk of bail for her is a huge setback. Also, Misty thinking she only needs $10,000 or whatever ridiculous amount she pulls out of the hat on any given day needs to be quashed. I'm not so sure a day in the general population with other prisoners, who might taunt or threaten her, would be a bad idea. Tommy has already heard some of that himself. This girl needs to be scared straight. Only then, do I think she will talk.

I think she's trying to rat on Tommy for stuff so HE'LL be the one to talk-so she want be the snitch. I don't think it's gonna work, but who knows...maybe she'll eventually talk, if more & more pressure is applied or if the cops confront her with some damning evidence.

After hearing Tommy's jailhouse visit with Lindsey, I think if he knew enough to get him out of trouble and collect the reward, he'd spill in a minute. Btw, does he even have an attorney?

I voted other because I can't figure out if Misty knows the whole truth. LE seems to think so, what if she was sleeping/ passed out, drugged and she can't remember? I am so confused. It is just too convenient that she woke up just as RC was coming home and called her brother.....not 911, not RC, not anyone.....her brother.

Elle, it's not inconceivable that someone coming off a 3-day drug binge could sleep through someone coming in the house and taking a child, so I've often wondered the same thing myself. HOWEVER, in the LVA tests, it did show that Misty knows what happened to Haleigh. It did not show that she knows where Haleigh is now. For that reason, I do think she knows more and if everything is played out right during her incarceration, she will eventually talk.

Can she tell them where Haleigh is now? I doubt it, because I doubt that person told her or let her go along for the ride. Maybe she thinks what she does know isn't enough to get her out of trouble.

I voted "other." If she is not DIRECTLY involved in Haleigh's disappearance, I think her family or her attorney will pressure her into telling at least part of the truth--perhaps that she wasn't at the trailer that night or that she was entertaining "friends" or something like that. I don't think she has the emotional or mental resources to tolerate the thought of a long prison sentence, and at some point she will try to squeeze out the door by giving SOME information. If she was directly involved, she might try to slide by with the part of the truth that puts her in the best light. And as SoSueMe said above, she may know WHO took Haleigh but not WHERE. But whatever she says, there will be at least part truth and part lie. She can't help herself.

Bern also makes a good point that something might "slip" in a phone call or to someone else at the jail.

After hearing Tommy's jailhouse visit with Lindsey, I think if he knew enough to get him out of trouble and collect the reward, he'd spill in a minute. Btw, does he even have an attorney?

I wonder if he has an attorney also. If Misty knows what happened to Haleigh, I have a gut feeling he doesn't. Why would he place himself on the scene with his statements if he did? He would not have had to say he had ever gone by that trailer. I definitely think he was walking on the wrong side of the law, but as far as Haleigh is concerned, I am doubtful.

"Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence.",

Henri-Frederic Amiel​

IF Misty is left in jail, eventually it will get to her.
Jail I guess can be an eye opening experience, and
perhaps if LP leaves her there, she will tell what happened to
Haleigh.

She is on the road to being self detoxed while incarcerated, so
in a short time Misty will think more clearly and possibly do the right thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back