Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
I don't think that conversation happened. It seems like a way for Brewer to insult Shannan. That sounds like a comment that might be made while making small talk in the beginning but not after a few hours. Shannon was already in the house for how long when Brewer suddenly decided she was a man? He's full of ****.

Listen folks, i dont think this case will ever be solved. To much time has gone by. We will still be here when Burke gets out of jail. I think its a sad reality.

[video=youtube;cBETPYZ-vsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBETPYZ-vsU[/video]

The Mystery of gilgo Beach, Chasing News

Deedee, why so pessimistic? and if you are right, and sadly, many crimes are never solved, why even bother with these threads?

Deedee, why so pessimistic? and if you are right, and sadly, many crimes are never solved, why even bother with these threads?
Alot of people feel this way. This is not a question thats asked of them.

This thread is about " will the killer be caught"? WPIX James Ford spoke to a sex worker. She told him she tried to give info to LE about a possible suspect. They were not interested. I guess they were not that interested in tips. How many good tips were ignored? This could end up being a problem.

Speaking of Manorville, about 60% percent or a little more, I think they already have the LISK, his name is John Bittrolff. I believe authority's could be waiting for what-ever reason. I just look at the map, and even on over to Atlantic City and try to reason like Professor David Wilson a little and a tiny light bulb goes off. So what if the MO is not the same as the ones he is guilty already 20 yrs. ago. I don't believe you just stop for all of these years. Shannon Gilbert, I don't know what to think, how horrific and sad, but if you separate that case on a mental board on the wall and then take a look at Bittrolff and the history. I know nothing, just have a hunch.

Speaking of Manorville, about 60% percent or a little more, I think they already have the LISK, his name is John Bittrolff. I believe authority's could be waiting for what-ever reason. I just look at the map, and even on over to Atlantic City and try to reason like Professor David Wilson a little and a tiny light bulb goes off. So what if the MO is not the same as the ones he is guilty already 20 yrs. ago. I don't believe you just stop for all of these years. Shannon Gilbert, I don't know what to think, how horrific and sad, but if you separate that case on a mental board on the wall and then take a look at Bittrolff and the history. I know nothing, just have a hunch.

I agree with you. It's possible Bittrolff was part of something like a group or had a partner as improbable as that sounds. I just think we are missing something really huge about this case. But yea, bittrolff wouldn't stop and he has connection to AC and G4 victims as well as lived in Manorville. He fits the profile in my opinion. The LISK is a guy just like him. And he butchered pigs in a shed in his yard. i think is where he dismembered victims. i would look at where his wife is during that July week every year where the girls go missing!

That would make so much sense about why they keep stalling his hearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the insight, whew, I thought I was going crazy! There is something being missed, there is a connection. Think I read somewhere here that possibly legs found at Fire Island or other body parts matched DNA to a skull at Gilgo/Oak beach? Again, yes, I know about currents, but this just seems pretty condusive to being connected. Yes, I wish there was a timeline of Bittrolffs movements also. He doesen't seem like the type that would call a girl over and over though. It does seem like he could of set things up though through craigslist and got in touch with some of the girls, maybe even wooing Melissa with an overnight date for 1,000 and that he checked out as a safe client. Of couse he would of known they would not be alive to report him. Its not out of reach to think he may of had a partner. I don't know much about his brother either.

sorry I met metal board on the wall in the original post, not mental haha. I was wondering where they were at on his hearings, have been looking for updates as to where he is and what the schedule is , could not find anything on-line that us current about him. It might be the reason they are stalling.

Think I read somewhere here that possibly legs found at Fire Island or other body parts matched DNA to a skull at Gilgo/Oak beach? Again, yes, I know about currents, but this just seems pretty condusive to being connected.
Yes, you are right - a pair of dismembered legs found floating in a plastic bag in the water off Fire Island in 1996 were matched by DNA to a skull found among the Ocean Parkway victims in 2011. Dismembered legs in a plastic bag... Just writing those words sends a shiver down my spine. Our man is a very, very sick sadist, and he has been doing this for a long time. There is a good thread about the unknown victim here - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?283328-Fire-Island-Jane-Doe

sorry I met metal board on the wall in the original post, not mental haha.
Mental board works just as well, if you mean the way we think about the facts of the case! :)

thanks for the insight, whew, I thought I was going crazy! There is something being missed, there is a connection. Think I read somewhere here that possibly legs found at Fire Island or other body parts matched DNA to a skull at Gilgo/Oak beach? Again, yes, I know about currents, but this just seems pretty condusive to being connected. Yes, I wish there was a timeline of Bittrolffs movements also. He doesen't seem like the type that would call a girl over and over though. It does seem like he could of set things up though through craigslist and got in touch with some of the girls, maybe even wooing Melissa with an overnight date for 1,000 and that he checked out as a safe client. Of couse he would of known they would not be alive to report him. Its not out of reach to think he may of had a partner. I don't know much about his brother either.

Yeah, Bittrolff seems like the "strong, silent" (seeming) type. An argument against him being LISK.

Yeah, Bittrolff seems like the "strong, silent" (seeming) type. An argument against him being LISK.

Maybe but honestly we haven't got any glimpse of his personality. He was described as very friendly and the mayor f manorville remember! He could be very talkative when he's comfortable, a drunk dialer we dont know. I will say that 57's number turned up on that website where you can complain about harrassing phone calls and the poster said he called and called and never said anything. It was logged after he died but i dont if that is accurate. I think thats worth noting. Is there nayone on here who can tell me what 57's bro's Ed Mike wif'es names are? Looking into a bittrolff connection

This case is quickly getting into Zodiac Killer territory which to me was the entire point of the show to keep it in the public eye and not become local folklore.If it will be solved I think if we maintain the pressure and if A&E grants another season it may be solved yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back