Witness Laura Buchanan Backs Out

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's an error, I believe omitted on purpose. Not just his, all but the 2 Hoffon guys, were included.

Page 39 in link is Conway Transcript page 1, discovery page 24321

Page 40 is Conway Transcript page 35, discovery page 24322

I don't believe Muzikman will have access to this depo, it's not part of this case.

Whoa... talk about dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit's nose!

argh! I don't think we will see the rest of that depo. I agree that it was omitted intentionally.

All of this Laura Buchanan nonsense is keeping me awake! My head is spinning like the little girl in "The Exhorcist". :dervish::dervish:

OK, I went back to Yuri Melich's supplemental report. Laura Buchanan's personal case number is

Case # 10-086155 Type of Case : Tampering. It's on page 8 at the end of his report.

So, can we take a guess as to who else is being investigated for witness tampering?:banghead:

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/OCSOsupplementalreport.pdf

BBM

Same case # on the report I am reading. (released yesterday)

I've fixed all my typos (I hope), goodnight all.

:bedtime: :eek:fftobed:

That's what I keep coming back to in my mind. If these docs are about an investigation of witness or evidence tampering by LB, then how or why is Brad Conway involved? Why would LE be looking towards him for information regarding this. He is not a party to either TES, the actual KC case nor any of the searchers or investigators.

BUT, If LE is casting a broader tampering net. If they do not believe that the tampering originated as an issolated incident performed by a lone loony (LB) but rather are suspecting a repeated patern of tampering or questionable behavior, than how would that look. The only real reason I can see them digging for info from BC, and the only real reason that I can see BC bailing from the A's the way that he did, was he was finding himself in the middle of something unethical. Note he was not returning JB's letters. Something that was being asked of him made him opt to not respond. I really think that LE is truly looking at Mr. Baez in this, with a dash of Mason thrown in.

I mean yeah we can speculate that maybe LE learned something from LB that pointed to CA. But really what could that possibly be? We know CA didn't fill out the form. And CA is not a direct party to the case. She is under no ethical restrictions. All she needs to say is, "yes I met and talked to LB before she was added to anyones witness lists. I discussed my daughters case with her, and told her my opinions and thoughts on it all". Unless she as a private citizen offered to pay LB for testimony or threatened or blackmailed her, there simply is no case to be made against CA in this one.

The tone of those forms and the highlighted defense filings really make me think that LE at the very least have been taking a very deep look at some of JB's out of court antics. We keep saying that JB does not seem to know or care what the typical boundaries of professional conduct, behavior and performance are for a lawyer before the court. He seems to make up and follow his own rules (much like his client). We have witnessed him do and say things that bring utter shock to our legal professionals. Why would we at this point assume that he is not playing as fast and loose with those same rules outside the courtroom? I'm betting that LE may have had some interesting conversations with DC and with Mort. But we will not be seeing any documents of that as they are separate investigations unrelated to Caylee Anthony, and are related to criminal investigations in which charges have not yet been filed.

(for our legal types, If they did have an active investigation of JB or CM or a defense principle, at what point would they have to inform the judge? And when informing him woul dit have to take the form of a public filing? Or because of its nature is it something that could go in in a form that would not be recognized or released?)

At the point when they are ready to file charges, and not before.

In his first letter to BC JB asks for all the items from ICA's bedroom. In subsequent letters he asks again and states how important these items are.
What does that mean? What was she hiding there I wonder

In his first letter to BC JB asks for all the items from ICA's bedroom. In subsequent letters he asks again and states how important these items are.
What does that mean? What was she hiding there I wonder

Was it the diary? If I recall, BC had possession of the diary? What time frame was that? Did I dream it?

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to insert themselves into a murder case. It seems to me that this Laura woman did just that. I read the transcripts of the controlled calls, her partial depo and her emails to Nejame. Boy is she a piece of work. It is my stringent hope that people who read these will not think all people in or from Kentucky act or speak in that manner. People like her are what give the rest of us in Kentucky a bad name. We are not all back woods hillbillys (yes we do have those) with no teeth or shoes and foul mouths, lol. Glad she moved to Jersey!!!

I finished reviewing the first doc linked. The one with JB's letters "requesting" Conway do his TES dirty work for him ... and TAMPERING listed as the type case :eek: !

Wow. This doc dump has tied a whole bunch of the loose ends together for me. I only have about 100 new questions bouncing around in my brain now.

Ok, I am lost. Who is being looked at for the alleged TAMPERING? Was there an investigation going on to do with this?
Beach - please enlighten us.

Ok, I am lost. Who is being looked at for the alleged TAMPERING? Was there an investigation going on to do with this?
Beach - please enlighten us.

From what I can tell, it appears to be LB.

Possibly others? Not sure.

<speculation alert>
The real "gem" might be hinted at in the last page of Conway's depo. (See nums' post #318. pdf pgs. 39 & 40) We ONLY have the 1st and last pages and that is probably all we are going to get. :tears:

FWIW........I find it facinating that LB can't contain her name within the lines in the sign in sheet on page 3 of this link

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=55132902

I'm no shrink or handwriting expert......but I did have two cups of coffee and a cocktail this evening.......I thinks her handwriting and embellishment of her qualifications indicates she has a grandious problem....

I can't agree with you because my handwriting is very much like LBs. I write big naturally with loops so I often exceed lines too. I think it is just how she writes.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to insert themselves into a murder case. It seems to me that this Laura woman did just that. I read the transcripts of the controlled calls, her partial depo and her emails to Nejame. Boy is she a piece of work. It is my stringent hope that people who read these will not think all people in or from Kentucky act or speak in that manner. People like her are what give the rest of us in Kentucky a bad name. We are not all back woods hillbillys (yes we do have those) with no teeth or shoes and foul mouths, lol. Glad she moved to Jersey!!!

:wagon: I don't get it either weemom. Evidently there is a subculture of people who just can't help themselves. While I applaud the people who participate in searches for missing children....I cannot see myself flying or travelling cross country to do so. Usually locals volunteeer. Do these [unusual people] simply not have a life? I do good just participating in this wonderful blog site. Much less placing myself smack dab in the middle of a murder investigation.:waitasec:

People need and want to feel important and valued. She obviously felt compelled to search for Caylee and through that got to know the Anthonys. She was no longer just a searcher and felt that she was now part of their inner circle. She was feeling important and valued. Valued enough that Nejame wrote her back. She was special! I think her intentions were always meant with a good heart, they just got out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
LB stepped on a gator's tail and it sampered off, sure. I'd like to see that.

Perhaps she should spend the day with the gators in Lake Jesup...she could step on as many tails as she wants..and let's see if they scamper off.

She most likely stepped on a lizard tail and being from the North where gators/lizards don't abound they were interchangeable to her.

People need and want to feel important and valued. She obviously felt compelled to search for Caylee and through that got to know the Anthonys. She was no longer just a searcher and felt that she was now part of their inner circle. She was feeling important and valued. Valued enough that Nejame wrote her back. She was special! I think her intentions were always meant with a good heart, they just got out of hand.

I don't want to hijack this thread, and I certainly and not trying to offend, but this just make no sense whatsoever to me. Even if you searched, you met.....I (personally) would not and never could consider myself one of the inner circle at that point. If I was not friends with the A's before this happened, I would not consider myself to be friends after. Maybe I just have a different definition of close friends. I speak to people at the grocery store, but don't consider myself someone inside their inner circle of friends.

Again, not trying to be difficult. I just cannot comprehend these people.

:wagon: I don't get it either weemom. Evidently there is a subculture of people who just can't help themselves. While I applaud the people who participate in searches for missing children....I cannot see myself flying or travelling cross country to do so. Usually locals volunteeer. Do these [unusual people] simply not have a life? I do good just participating in this wonderful blog site. Much less placing myself smack dab in the middle of a murder investigation.:waitasec:

I agree with what you say! The part that i do not get the most is this. In one of the emails to Nejame, she actually offered to speak with Casey as she "strongly felt" she could get the truth form her. How delusional was that statement? I am reeling from that one statement alone. I can only imagine what went through Mark Nejames' mind when he read that!:banghead:

<speculation alert>
The real "gem" might be hinted at in the last page of Conway's depo. (See nums' post #318. pdf pgs. 39 & 40) We ONLY have the 1st and last pages and that is probably all we are going to get. :tears:

Interestingly, this interview is labeled with yet another new case number.

Bottom of interview pages:
"Brad Conway/Case #10-85144/GB"

Buchanan's case number is 10-86155.

I'm guessing GB is the initials of the transcriptionist???

ETA: Started 5:57 pm, ended 6:59 pm. Brad blabbed for over an hour.

I don't want to hijack this thread, and I certainly and not trying to offend, but this just make no sense whatsoever to me. Even if you searched, you met.....I (personally) would not and never could consider myself one of the inner circle at that point. If I was not friends with the A's before this happened, I would not consider myself to be friends after. Maybe I just have a different definition of close friends. I speak to people at the grocery store, but don't consider myself someone inside their inner circle of friends.

Again, not trying to be difficult. I just cannot comprehend these people.

Love your user name! I also find it difficult to comprehend this type person as well. This case has seen its fair share as well i must say.

Interestingly, this interview is labeled with yet another new case number.

Bottom of interview pages:
"Brad Conway/Case #10-85144/GB"

Buchanan's case number is 10-86155.

I'm guessing GB is the initials of the transcriptionist???

ETA: Started 5:57 pm, ended 6:59 pm. Brad blabbed for over an hour.

And look at pg. 1. It states the case # you cited and "Associated with Case # 08-74777". (I need to go look up the case # of FL v. Casey Anthony. I forget. One of them is bound to match...)

eta: for those who may not know, the beginning 2 #s in a case number (e.g., 10 or 08, in these cases) indicate the year the case was assigned a number.

<speculation alert>

Thanks Beach. I think I've got it now. Silly me, I went back and reread this thread.
I remember when the doc dump came out on Friday and seeing those transcripts with the missing pages and wondered what I was missing. Now it does make more sense.
My question now is, why release the beginning and ending pages of the missing transcripts at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog