woman claims Karr confessed to her 5 years ago

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
aspidistra said:
Right now only ABC news has obtained one hour of these taped phone conversations and they have played two separate excerpts, today was the second. Surely this all has to come out and be investigated. There are 20 hours of the tapes. This is important psychological information about the suspect. He talks about having held little girls only the way fathers do; and never having had sex with little girls; and being able to pass a polygraph test. These conversations very much make him look like someone obsessed, but not a child rapist or killer. Yet in one part he is imagining what the killer was thinking or doing, and he even mentions the killer striking her on the head when he wasn't sure she was dead from the strangling. And how he could apologize to the parents for doing that when he loved the little girl. This is very confusing. It has to indicate severe mental illness and identifying with the killer, OR guilt. The way he talks about the killer in the third person reminds me of Ted Bundy, who used that method to confess. That is some kind of multiple personality, surely, if he thinks he is innocent, yet talks about the dark deeds. Maybe his current personality, the effeminate man looking to have a sex change and become a female, really thinks the brutal side who did it was someone else.
"Maybe that person who did that ... thinks it's important that someone confesses... And he's chosen that other person to do that in his place ..."

Thanks for bringing this to my attention aspidistra. I had forgotten to go back and look for it.

Here's the link where you can listen to today's released audio snipets that aspidistra mentions above. Look on the right of the page under Videos and click on the one called "Taped phone conversations (8/22)".

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=nation_world&id=4485313

Back to Karr's ex...

Think about previous cases where an ex-spouse committed murder. Other than the TX woman who killed her children, most spouses distance themselves from criminal ex's. She had a restraining order against him, which seems odd if she is coming to his defense.

Thanks magpie, I just read you post. Been laid up in bed for a few hours. Sinus infection, ick :(

Wolf Blitzer covered this tonight and Paula Zahn is covering it now. They are taking it very seriously. Not getting answers from the police in Calif. who didn't take it seriously back in 2001.

It's on now on CNN.They are playing some of the tape.

aspidistra said:
Wolf Blitzer covered this tonight and Paula Zahn is covering it now. They are taking it very seriously. Not getting answers from the police in Calif. who didn't take it seriously back in 2001.

It's on now on CNN.They are playing some of the tape.
Disturbing eh?

I have not read through this entire thread, but it is now being reported that this woman has some sort of friendship with Richard Allen Davis.

Do we know how Karr came to find her???

By the way just heard part of a tape on CNN, my stomach turned! To Jamie Harmon, I can not imagine anyone not saying that this guy is disturbed!

I could be wrong, didn't look at everything, but Didn't she say they just both had an interest in that case? Andthat he opened up to her in a way that was frightening or disturbing so she went to police and they gave her a recording device?

I went to just one of the video's, wanted to finish reading all 6 pgs here.

Eagle1 said:
Didn't she said they just both had an interest in that case?

I went to just one of the video's, wanted to finish reading all 6 pgs here.
It is being reported on several cable news stations that she is a friend of RAD, Mark Klass called her a "groupie"

dragonfly707 said:
It is being reported on several cable news stations that she is a friend of RAD, Mark Klass called her a "groupie"
Intersting that he would stumble upon a friend of RAD, as well as, a friend of Tracey.

I've been listening to exceprts from these tapes and Karr sounds stoned or drunk to me. Have you ever been with a friend who got drunk and who then started to get all philosophical and maudlin? I have. I've been in the company of inebriated friends who talk this biggest load of rubbish imaginable - and they do so with the air of someone who knows exactly what he is talking about LOL

Linda7NJ said:
http://www.kron.com/Global/category.asp?C=8554&nav=menu130_1

While some people are questioning details of John Mark Karr's confession in the death of Jon Benet Ramsey, KRON 4's Michelle Kennedy talks with a woman who feels vindicated by Karr's arrest. Wendy Hutchins says she knew Karr five years ago. She insists Karr gave her details of the crime. While Hutchins contacted authorities, at the time investigators did not believe Karr was responsible for the murder.
Please, please, can you tell us what Karr is supposed to have told her. My computer won't run videos (or maybe I just don't know how to do it). Thanks.

Jayelles said:
I've been listening to exceprts from these tapes and Karr sounds stoned or drunk to me. Have you ever been with a friend who got drunk and who then started to get all philosophical and maudlin? I have. I've been in the company of inebriated friends who talk this biggest load of rubbish imaginable - and they do so with the air of someone who knows exactly what he is talking about LOL
Sounds like you have been out with my brother when he gets drunk he get maudlin.Of course, all of this is very'heartfelt' at the time but next day it never happened.He suffers from depression. I wonder if Karr could also suffer from some form of depression as well as 'other' illnesses.

Cypros said:
Do you mean his confession AFTER they tracked him down in Thailand and arrested him?? I'm saying, why are they after him NOW, when they had a taped confession by him 5 years ago? (assuming this woman is telling the truth) What is it that changed their opinion from him being a krank to possibly being the ral thing?
I think Karr had always fantasised about having been there at JonBenet's murder and he was originally just using publicly available information to link himself to the crime. I think it wasn't until fairly recently that he heard via the pedophile grapevine, the details that hadn't been publicly disclosed. I think he then included them in his emails to Michael Tracy which ended up in LE hands and only then did the alarm bells ring and interest become focussed on him.

sandraladeda said:
If she doesn't have the facts down, it's not her fault. she is just repeating what she heard from JMK.

I watched the video, expecting the women to seem like a whacko and was surprised that she seemed credible to me. By credible, I mean, I believe she had such conversations with JMK, and is reporting the details to the best of her recollection.

My 2 Cents....
Yes I agree. But did he tell her anything that was not already publicly known? (I'm another one who can't view the video)

ssiegmund said:
Here's a sort of transcription of what she's saying, I typed as much as I could as she was speaking: He knew JB bec brother worked for the Ramseys, he had his family on vacation there, went to the open house party, sat on the stairs with JB her, ate pineapple did magic tricks and got her confidence, then he went to a part of the house that really wasn't open to the public but no guards were there, so he went down and found a storm window in a part of the house unlikely to be checked later and unlocked it, and because he is a small man he knew he could get in there. He waited for everybody to leave then came back in and waited under the bed in the guest room. He waited for them to get home, heard mother read her a bedtime story, etc, then came out and went into her room. She was barely asleep and he woke her up and said her parents wanted her to come downstairs and she willingly went with him.
Thank you so much for the transcription, ssiegmund. So all that information was publically available wasn't it? He seems to be making it up about his having been there and not familiarizing himself all that well with the facts either. If he really had been there he would have known that no-one read JonBenet a story that night (that is provided we can believe John and Patsy).

KHOW radio have played clips of the tapes and it reminds me of an alchoholic friend of mine (now dead). When he was sober, he was the smartest guy you'd ever meet, but he had a big problem with alchohol and when he'd had a few, he started to analyse the meaning of life and he'd get all wound up about stuff that he imagined to be important. Sometimes he scared the life out of me with the stuff he'd say because I was never very sure if it was the drink talking or if the drink just loosened his lips.

LinasK said:
SD, I watched the ABC re-broadcast of Barbara Walters interview with Patsy and John. Never once does Patsy refer to JonBenet by her name or even say "my daughter". It was "I loved that child" as if she was distancing herself from the victim and Patsy's eyes kept slanting downward, which is a tell-tale sign of lying!
Patsy lied in all her interviews, IMO. Patsy let the first pedophile (Santa) into the house that night, IMO because he had told her that his famous photographer friend Charles Kuralt was desperately keen to take a few Christmas photos of him with JonBenet for a magazine article and late that Christmas night was the only opportunity he had available. Patsy wrote the note, IMO to cover up for her complicity in the crime.

Nehemiah said:
Also, Mr. Barnhill across the street, at first stated that he saw JAR walking up to the door on Christmas Day. After talking with LE, he said that he was mistaken. From pics posted of JAR, he and Karr appear to both have been slender, brown hair. The houses are very close together, and we have often said here that if Mr. Barnhill thought he saw JAR, then he either saw JAR or someone of his size/stature.

Hmm...
No, it was CG that Barnhill saw, IMO. There was a photo of him at one of the parties and he looked a lot like JAR. Karr doesn't look at all like JAR and is only about 5ft 6 inches tall anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back