woman claims Karr confessed to her 5 years ago

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe what this women said is what JMK, said to her five years ago. However, I find it very very unlikly that Mr. Karr's brother worked for John Ramsey and this piece of information is not all over the news by this time. As this would be very very important informatio because it would tie JMK to the Ramsey family. I don't think there would be any reason for the authorities to hide that information, nor could they hide it. Its pretty easy to determine where a person has worked. Unless evidence comes out that JMK Has a brother who was employed by John Ramsey I have to think this guy is a delusional kook.

mjak

magpie said:
Mac users try loading Firefox and you should be able to watch the video. Hope this helps! :)

Thank you. unfortunately every time i click on the video offering, Firefox just spins the page into a loop opening the page again. no video. no can see. altho since last night, it would appear, from posts, the woman is unimportant anyway.

it's all a conspiracy against Apple Macs, i tell you! :boohoo:

Floh said:
Thank you. unfortunately every time i click on the video offering, Firefox just spins the page into a loop opening the page again. no video. no can see. altho since last night, it would appear, from posts, the woman is unimportant anyway.

it's all a conspiracy against Apple Macs, i tell you! :boohoo:

I'm so sorry! :blowkiss: I read yours and Love Mama's post to my husband who is a Mac fanatic (he loves his Mac!) and he said to tell ya'll to use Firefox. Maybe the video is not the right speed for your computer? I don't know, and the whiz kid :D has already gone to bed, lol! I was watching it on my Windows high speed internet (Dell) and it was fine.

Anyway, I thought the woman was kind of strange, but she told the story like it was the truth. I think she really believed it anyway. I'm often not the best judge of character though. :eek:

Cypros said:
I notice that they cut her off before she had a chance to talk about the molestation and death. Did Karr not provide information on this very important part of the story or is the media protecting us from guresome details?

At this point (without any proof of Karr's involvement), I think that Karr truly told this woman a story, using all of the details that have been out there on the internet to weave his own version of what he WISHED happened.

But I think it is interesting that the investogators knew about Karr year ago and thought nothing of it. Why are they making a big stink about him now?
I think your last question is a key one. I remain disturbed by the timing of this so-called "breakthrough". So soon after PR's death. Ten years of nothing, PR dies, and then within weeks ... this kook is swept into the limelight. So I've been wondering ... who stands to gain by what clearly is a bogus confession? I can think of a couple of guys. But all that aside .... after the D.A.'s press conference (wherein we learned zilch) it was clear to me that they have NOTHING on this guy and that his elevator doesn't quite make it to the top floor. So .... given that most people who know the case clearly see that he's got many a detail wrong ... why would Lacy's gang of "professionals" ever have taken him seriously? Don't THEY know the facts of the case?

If you ask me, he was flat broke in Thailand with no future prospects there and no money to get back to the U.S. and he just got himself a free ticket back home. It's hard for me to believe that anyone who knows anything about the case is taking this kook seriously.

Edited to add: I think he needed money and found a means to get some.

JMO

The subject of this thread interested me because I had been thinking that this kook has probably been "confessing" for a while to anyone who will listen. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if others come forth to say that he "confessed" to them since he spews off all this nonsense in such a calm and matter-of-fact way. I would guess that he's been through this script many a time before.

He appears catatonic to me. And frankly, I don't know why the D.A. mentioned hasty arrests when public safety is threatened AND there is a flight risk. Why would a guy who is clearly eager to tell the world he is the culprit in a crime want to flee? That's a joke, no? It doesn't sound to me like they would have to chase him all over the globe since he is clearly interested in confessing to a crime he did not commit.

People once claimed that the LE in charge of this case early on had bungled it badly. If you ask me, the old team makes this new gang look like the Keystone Cops since the naming of Karr as a suspect is laughable. THIS is the "fresh look" on the case? I think the current LE gang is going to be a laughing stock as the result of this "breakthrough".

JMO

Re: video

I'm waiting to hear a comment about the brother working for the Ramseys as Karr supposedly told this woman. I thought Karr had no connection to them. Doesn't it seem that Karr's brother would remember being at the Ramsey's house in CO just before JB's murder? I think the woman was fed a pack of lies by Karr, and it wouldn't surprise me if he has never been to CO. Would the airlines have records dating 10 years ago?

Who was she to Karr anyway? A neighbor? A friend?

:laugh:
Hyatt said:
... it was clear to me that they have NOTHING on this guy and that his elevator doesn't quite make it to the top floor.

Hyatt said:
...If you ask me, he was flat broke in Thailand with no future prospects there and no money to get back to the U.S. and he just got himself a free ticket back home. It's hard for me to believe that anyone who knows anything about the case is taking this kook seriously.

I am wondering about the speculations as to why he would use this to get back to the States. He has spent five years fleeing the child *advertiser censored* charges and so is obviously fearful of any prosecutions. I'm thinking that maybe (most likely) Karr has been involved in some illegal activities involving children in Thaiand. He figured that as soon as his name and face hit the airwaves that charges would begin to come in. In THAT case I can see him preferring to return to the states where he can become famous as the JB killer (even if he didn't do it).

I don't think he is capable of using this to his advantage. He has been possibly reading the forums and emailing Tracey for 4 years so he has lots of knowledge about the case. Add to that his pedophilia and mental state, and he gave away more info than most people know about the case, which in itself makes him a suspicious character. I don't believe that he intended to get arrested; I think he just got over his head and got swept up and he is totally bizarre anyway. Now the whole world is seeing him for the sick individual he must be, but not the perp.

ssiegmund said:
Here's a sort of transcription of what she's saying, I typed as much as I could as she was speaking: He knew JB bec brother worked for the Ramseys, he had his family on vacation there, went to the open house party, sat on the stairs with JB her, ate pineapple did magic tricks and got her confidence, then he went to a part of the house that really wasn't open to the public but no guards were there, so he went down and found a storm window in a part of the house unlikely to be checked later and unlocked it, and because he is a small man he knew he could get in there. He waited for everybody to leave then came back in and waited under the bed in the guest room. He waited for them to get home, heard mother read her a bedtime story, etc, then came out and went into her room. She was barely asleep and he woke her up and said her parents wanted her to come downstairs and she willingly went with him.

I thought it was interesting that Karr told the lady he performed magic tricks to gain JonBenet's confidence. Last night I googled "shall be the conqueror" and came up with quite a few sites. One of the sites concerned magic.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...conqueror+"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4&ie=UTF-8

Usually, in the beginning is the time when the psychological relation between the performer and his audience is established, which decides whether or not he shall be the conqueror.

Linda7NJ said:
I certainly believe she was truthful, he HAD told her these things.
I also believe that he told her these things. However, I don't think that there is a link between the brother and the Ramseys. Don't you think that would have been all over the news when the story broke about his arrest??

nanandjim said:
I also believe that he told her these things. However, I don't think that there is a link between the brother and the Ramseys. Don't you think that would have been all over the news when the story broke about his arrest??
Got me:waitasec:

I figured someone would have been able to place him in Boulder by now!

There was no "Open House Party".

People who came for the house tour would have been with a guide and wouldn't have interacted much with the family (IF they were even home at the time).

The Ramsey's party was on Christmas eve, and it was a private party.

wenchie said:
There was no "Open House Party".

People who came for the house tour would have been with a guide and wouldn't have interacted much with the family (IF they were even home at the time).

The Ramsey's party was on Christmas eve, and it was a private party.
I thought the eve party was at the White's?

Another phony confession from this fool!

That said, if I were in the shoes of the police, I'd lock him up for what we KNOW he did, then toss on a few extra years for what he PROBABLY did!

Wudge said:
A monster under the bed; the worry of every child.
Somehow this post makes me so sad but you are accurate in your statement Wudge.

I have to check under my little girl's bed every once in a while (she is 9) and she makes sure the doors are locked and is insistent I lock her window which opens onto the front porch...even in this small town, how very sad and disturbing.

Jayelles said:
I wonder if this woman who claims that Karr "confessed" to her 5 years ago was the same person who posted as "Annie Muss" on jameson's forum?

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/05292003Story-AnnieMuss.htm

I don't think so Jayelles, unless she really cleaned up her act for TV. Annie sounds like she is full of it, while Wendy painted a scenario that makes Lou Smit look like a genius. In fact, it sounds too much like what Lou believes to be true, IMO.

Maybe Karr confessed to her, but if he did, he got it off of the internet.

guppy said:
I don't think so Jayelles, unless she really cleaned up her act for TV. Annie sounds like she is full of it, while Wendy painted a scenario that makes Lou Smit look like a genius. In fact, it sounds too much like what Lou believes to be true, IMO.

Maybe Karr confessed to her, but if he did, he got it off of the internet.
Guppy - what is your take on Karr? Are you optimistic that he's the guy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back