Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came from a Childs Advocate meeting tonight. Now hearing laws upon laws, talking to lawyers & CPS workers, I think I understand what needs to happen.

THEY (authorities) NEED a strong record of the ongoings of the mother. The more eyes, the better. I believe that Gloria A has given this woman ALL the rope she wants to hang herself. I believe that negotiations went very poorly because Nadya wanted everything her way. So they gave in. They agreed to everything she wanted for the sake of the children. I think either way, Gloria wanted into that home to have it stringently monitored. I think there are some very intelligent people 'behind the scenes' quietly going about their business of making a good case against this crazed gongshow mother.

They gave in for the sake of the childrens lives. ALL 14 of them. Once its documented & video is great documentation, can't go to speculation... all the raw footage we don't see can be given to a Judge.

I believe that's what's going on here. And asking questions 2nite at my meeting, Nadya will lose her children according to various CPS workers who have been following her case. Having multiple nurses that can account for every second of whats happening within the home... will be invaluable.

So that's my take. I think she was impossible to deal with (ie: Angels initial demand was a stringent refusal to help her IF camera's were allowed in the home) has been thrown out the window.

Nadya, take all the rope you like hon. Because I for one think your children are in GRAVE danger and CPS better get it right the 1st time around before someone dies.
that's good to hear.
on the latest video,a reporter is talking to Nadya in the kitchen,and he veers off in another direction out the window with the camera (Nadya kept talking;I don't think she even noticed).He zoomed in on one of the toddlers out front.I can't be sure,but it appeared he might have been unattended.(or at least no one else seemed to be there with him at the time).he looked like he was watching neighbors walk by.

I still cannot believe the amount of people (and their germs!!) that Octo-Narcissist is allowing around her babies.

These preemies are at high risk of contagion!!!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't March still considered to be cold & flu season?? What about RSV?? Although my daughter was full-term at birth, she was born during RSV season and my pediatrician was very concerned about the high rates she was seeing in the newborn--to--6 month age groups. Premature babies are at a particularly high risk for contracting RSV and it can have devastating consequences. Please, please let the Angels in Waiting nurses be documenting a solid case against "O-N" (as I shall now snarkily refer to her) and ban the press (esp. radar online) from being anywhere near these infants!

PattyCake, I'm praying you are right about GA and the Angels. Were the Angels there for the homecoming of the 2 preemies? By the sounds of the lack of blankets, it doesn't sound like the home was very ready. I guess I would have thought that before bringing any of the babies home, each child would have a bed, ready and waiting for them to sleep in, not just a haphazzardly thrown together "home". At this point I really don't know if the original 6 are taken proper care of?

I didn't watch the video of the homecoming, the "reviews" here were enough. Has there been footage of Nadya leaving the house since the babies have come home? She may go stir crazy if her freedom is taken from her.

I love reading all of your opinions on the subject of Octomom. It's been 80 pages of pleasant conversation (except for the rising blood pressures, lol!)... thanks!:blowkiss:

Thanks!!

I can only watch part of the videos as they are soooo cringeworthy to me.

She set them down in a very, very strange place seeing as how they are fragile infants - preemies just released from the hospital. Her older children started poking potentially grubby little fingers in the faces of the babies.

That's the problem! (For starters)

She set them in a strange place? Against the wall? She set them down for the other kids to see their brothers. Now THOSE kids have grubby fingers????

Let's see what else we can pick on...:innocent:

I'm glad someone's kicking her a$$ because she admitted she was severely reprimanded by the hospital and if her antics are going to continue to happen, they won't release anymore babies.

Nadya's own words. The least she deserves. :furious:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/03/20/sbt.octuplets.danger.cnn

PattyCake, thanks for the link!

The woman named "Cooper" was very interesting the listen to (the other panel guest, not so interesting.) Anyway, the question that wasn't answered was... if the hospital won't allow more babies to come home if things don't change, why were the reporters in the house doing yet another interview? Do they break in or does Nadya let them in? :doh:

(I don't know if I believe the story about the neighbor hiding in the bushes... lol!)

She set them in a strange place? Against the wall? She set them down for the other kids to see their brothers. Now THOSE kids have grubby fingers????

Let's see what else we can pick on...:innocent:

Sparks I think the problem many of us here have with how she brought the babies into the home was that it appeared she was just bringing in something she did not value, like a bag of groceries to be dropped down so she could go on her way. Why did she have to put them on the floor? Imo I would have wanted to take the babies to the safest area in the home and enjoy a quiet place where I could introduce the older children to their new brothers, this was an important time to help the older children begin to bond with them. Having all the cameras and strangers around would not have helped this. The babies in their fragile state did not belong on the floor where many people have been trampling around and they did not need to be so vulnerable to the older children reaching out at them, I wouldn't let a young puppy be left in that situation, much less a preemie.

If you brought a beautiful piece of waterford crystal into your home, would you come through the door and place it on the floor with young children running around, or would you use some common sense and find a safer place?
Why would these babies not be treated as carefully? They are a treasure and need protection, not to be exploited.

VB

PattyCake, I'm praying you are right about GA and the Angels. Were the Angels there for the homecoming of the 2 preemies? By the sounds of the lack of blankets, it doesn't sound like the home was very ready. I guess I would have thought that before bringing any of the babies home, each child would have a bed, ready and waiting for them to sleep in, not just a haphazzardly thrown together "home". At this point I really don't know if the original 6 are taken proper care of?

I didn't watch the video of the homecoming, the "reviews" here were enough. Has there been footage of Nadya leaving the house since the babies have come home? She may go stir crazy if her freedom is taken from her.

I love reading all of your opinions on the subject of Octomom. It's been 80 pages of pleasant conversation (except for the rising blood pressures, lol!)... thanks!:blowkiss:

Boyz_Mum

Oh you surely don't want to watch that video. She must have had 50 people in her living room when she came home not to mention the crazies in her front yard that stormed the car. It was crazy.

I didn't have a problem with her bringing the babies in and setting them down to meet the sibs. (the nurses were right there the whole time) She had to attend to her 3 YO Who her mom had to take upstairs and close herself in the bedroom with.

I thought she said she wasn't doing a reality show? It doesn't get any more real than it was that nite, the camera man never left her side. He was there when her mom was chewing her out about the 3 yo and when mom was chewing her out about the babies too while she gave one of them a bottle.

She was told only to buy 4 cribs for now. The babies do better, gain weight faster when they have a crib mate.

This woman is seriously nutz. Why the hospital ever thought she could care for those babies is beyond me. I have the feeling she was given a serious reality check that made her at least try to shape up or risk losing her babies once and for all.

So she bought a big house and 4 new cribs (?but not enough blankets?) and thought she was all squared away. Then she let the press enter her home the night she brought her first 2 babies home.

WTH was she thinking? Oh yeah, I'm celebrity!!!

I was just wondering, why did Kaiser Permanente do the presser in the first place? No one knew she was expecting 8 babies. Why not just deliver them, then let her fade off into obscurity like the zillion other babies they have delivered over the years? Someone clearly didn't think this through.

War on Octomom!

I had missed this, a Dr Carol Lieberman has filed 2 separate complaints with CFS saying Octomom is unfit and all 8 babies should be adopted out. She admits she sent OM a letter 10 days ago offering confidential mental health care.

She goes on to say OM's 911 call indicates a narcissistic personality and a mini psychotic break when OM chants "I'm gonna kill myself, Oh GOD, I'm gonna kill myself", over and over. In front of her other kids, when she thought her 5 yo son went missing in Oct.

Oh this is making me nutz!!!

War on Octomom!

I had missed this, a Dr Carol Lieberman has filed 2 separate complaints with CFS saying Octomom is unfit and all 8 babies should be adopted out. She admits she sent OM a letter 10 days ago offering confidential mental health care.

She goes on to say OM's 911 call indicates a narcissistic personality and a mini psychotic break when OM chats "I'm gonna kill myself, Oh GOD, I'm gonna kill myself", over and over. In front of her other kids, when her 5 yo son went missing in Oct.

Oh this is making me nutz!!!

Went missing? Or went for a walk around the block with Grandma? The 911 call was unnecessary, unless I read wrong, as the child was with Grandma the entire time. Nadya is just too clueless about her own kids to know. Which is evident from that video with the toddler playing unsupervised by the street outside Nadya's new house.

Went missing? Or went for a walk around the block with Grandma? The 911 call was unnecessary, unless I read wrong, as the child was with Grandma the entire time. Nadya is just too clueless about her own kids to know. Which is evident from that video with the toddler playing unsupervised by the street outside Nadya's new house.

YUP Mr. E!
She KNOWS the child didn't go missing, she was pretending to be Angelina in the 911 call down to the very tone of her voice and wording. She needed the attention. Call was placed 2 days after the movie Changeling was released. No coincidence whatsoever. :doh::loser:

Sparks I think the problem many of us here have with how she brought the babies into the home was that it appeared she was just bringing in something she did not value, like a bag of groceries to be dropped down so she could go on her way. Why did she have to put them on the floor? Imo I would have wanted to take the babies to the safest area in the home and enjoy a quiet place where I could introduce the older children to their new brothers, this was an important time to help the older children begin to bond with them. Having all the cameras and strangers around would not have helped this. The babies in their fragile state did not belong on the floor where many people have been trampling around and they did not need to be so vulnerable to the older children reaching out at them, I wouldn't let a young puppy be left in that situation, much less a preemie.
If you brought a beautiful piece of waterford crystal into your home, would you come through the door and place it on the floor with young children running around, or would you use some common sense and find a safer place?
Why would these babies not be treated as carefully? They are a treasure and need protection, not to be exploited.

VB

(I bolded above) When I brought my kitten home for the first time I took her straight back to the bedroom, shut the door and let her slowly acclimate to a new place. She had a litter box, food dish, water dish and toys because I had been excitedly anticipating her arrival. How much more so would I have prepared for a baby.

The OM's first 6 children have been through hell with all this uproar, a move to a new house, all the family problems. I hope that they are getting lots of support and attention from someone, but I fear they are not. I hope then that they are really, really strong emotionally and able to adjust to a whole lot of crap in life.

Yes, I am being very judgemental; I can't help it.

Nadya spent $1,000 on makeup yet hadn't even bought (and prewashed) enough blankets for the babies!! Despicable. At least Kate's children will benefit from the show by most likely having good college funds for their futures. Nadya will spend any money she makes on herself.

VegasBride, thank you for stating so eloquently about the "bag of groceries" vs "a preemie" as far as the entry into the house is concerned. I wish I could speak as wisely and as thoughtfully as you do.

missmybaby, thank you for the "heads up" about the "bring the babies home video". I won't watch~I don't think I can handle it. I do have to tell you that from my limited scope, it's okay for the "octos" to be 2 to a crib. Because they were preemies, I don't believe it hurts for them to share a crib as they shared the womb. (Any nurses out here can feel free to offer expertise on this opinion of mine.) Anyway, I feel that since Nadya doesn't appear to be a "doting mother", the babies might be better off sharing a crib as this might be the only bonding they get. (IMO)

I don't have insight on raising 14 children at one time, my grandma did it, but there were no twins, trips or otherwise. All I have insight on is when I brought my first child home from NICU and the pediatrician told us not to expose the baby to any children for "maybe 5 years or so". My son's problems were different, he had a skin problem. As far as the "grubby fingers" are concerned? I didn't get to TOUCH my son for 18 days- until they prepped us to bring him home. Needless to say, I personally would not let anyone else touch him once we brought him home and I certainly wouldn't have had a camera crew inside my house.

As per the "grubby fingers" comment, I am not sure if it's so funny? Do you know where small children put their fingers? I can give that comment a little bit of insight. First off, most children put their fingers in their noses (or butt crack) at one point or another. The nose is a filter for diseases that enter your body- that's why we all have nose hair- it collects some of the disease and if that don't work, the disease hits the tonsils (another filter), after the tonsils, if the nose and the tonsils don't work, we have nodes in our neck and then we have lungs for disease to land in... we don't know if these babies have any filters that work- they are premature which could mean their bodily functions are also premature.

I don't think any of this situation is a "ha ha" moment.

All I have insight on is when I brought my first child home from NICU and the pediatrician told us not to expose the baby to any children for "maybe 5 years or so". My son's problems were different, he had a skin problem. As far as the "grubby fingers" are concerned? I didn't get to TOUCH my son for 18 days- until they prepped us to bring him home. Needless to say, I personally would not let anyone else touch him once we brought him home and I certainly wouldn't have had a camera crew inside my house.

As per the "grubby fingers" comment, I am not sure if it's so funny? Do you know where small children put their fingers? I can give that comment a little bit of insight. First off, most children put their fingers in their noses (or butt crack) at one point or another. The nose is a filter for diseases that enter your body- that's why we all have nose hair- it collects some of the disease and if that don't work, the disease hits the tonsils (another filter), after the tonsils, if the nose and the tonsils don't work, we have nodes in our neck and then we have lungs for disease to land in... we don't know if these babies have any filters that work- they are premature which could mean their bodily functions are also premature.

I can't believe she let the kids touch the babies like she did, especially being they were premature.

I can't believe she let the kids touch the babies like she did, especially being they were premature.

I know my opinions are quite strong regarding the children touching the babies and the camerapersons in the home. I don't mean to be a shrew. I don't want for the "octos" and the "original 6" to be strangers to each other or anything like that, I just wish that Nadya would understand how easily staph, strep and other bacterial infections (and viral) could invade her home.

In order to build immunity, we need to be exposed to the dangers, but in a premature system, that could be deadly. I pray that the "Angels" can change some of the direction of this household.

luvbeaches, I think Nadya is more immature than the babies were premature. (IMO) She may want her "original 6" to show the babies love that she is unable to show or give... I don't know but it's saddening wherever I look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean