Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that bothered me the most about that video was, she came in the house, set the two babies down, and went upstairs. You see a couple of her other children sticking fingers in the faces of the babies, and no adult seems to be supervising. Of course, they were probably just off-camera. I certainly hope so.

I think it was really, really, REALLY odd that she set the babies down in the entryway by a wall near the stairs and then left them there to go upstairs to see her youngest children, whereupon her mother chastised her yet again. What? Leave babies unattended on the floor in an entryway? These babies are still fragile, correct? :confused::confused:

The comforting thing is that staff from CPS is probably watching every video, and with good reason. I think there is eventually going to be a showdown. Nadya Suleman must continue to prove that she is a fit mother for those babies, not to mention her older children. Currently I just don't see it.

The thing that bothered me the most about that video was, she came in the house, set the two babies down, and went upstairs. You see a couple of her other children sticking fingers in the faces of the babies, and no adult seems to be supervising. Of course, they were probably just off-camera. I certainly hope so.

I think it was really, really, REALLY odd that she set the babies down in the entryway by a wall near the stairs and then left them there to go upstairs to see her youngest children, whereupon her mother chastised her yet again. What? Leave babies unattended on the floor in an entryway? These babies are still fragile, correct? :confused::confused:

snipped

omg it has just struck me, this woman is a hoarder!!! like somebody that constantly buys things, even when they have no need for them, then brings them home and forgets about them, cramming everything into closets etc. then goes out to get more.
Having these babies is not going to satisfy her need to keep hoarding! all these children imo she does not see as real living beings, they're just things to her. Somebody needs to save these babies!

VB

I'll bet in the not too distant future, DHC or TLC offers her a show (and J&K&8 will be kicked to the curb) and she grabs the offer. She's definitely got a screw loose. I pity those poor babies.

I don't watch J & K or any other super family. (I do watch Wife Swap but will withdraw my application~ I'd be *lucky* enough to have to swap with the mother of a super family! Just kidding- I've never applied. :))

Anyway, I really hope that she doesn't land a show of her own. Aside from the large family, she doesn't have much to "offer" the viewing public, IMO. Is there anyone out here who would tune into a show dedicated to the Octomom? (I'm asking in all seriousness.) If the show could center around Nadya's psychological evaluation and treatment, then I would actually consider tuning in. (As long as Dr. Phil isn't anywhere in the picture.)

I am really concerned about the welfare of all the children, I know we all raise children differently, but I really haven't seen Nadya show love towards the children unless a quick peck on the cheek counts? In the clips we see, I am not sure if she has even spent a whole day at home with her children?

I'm sorry, I know I've repeated many things over and over, the story keeps spinning and yet I still haven't heard Nadya have a single "plan" other than for herself and the contributions, etc... I can't detect a single maternal feeling about her- except for the obvious contempt she aims towards her own mother.

Too bad Sigmond Freud wasn't still around- he'd have a hey day with this one! :crazy:

snipped

omg it has just struck me, this woman is a hoarder!!! like somebody that constantly buys things, even when they have no need for them, then brings them home and forgets about them, cramming everything into closets etc. then goes out to get more.

Having these babies is not going to satisfy her need to keep hoarding! all these children imo she does not see as real living beings, they're just things to her. Somebody needs to save these babies!

It had been said before, but last night it dawned on me that she is addicted to having babies. I believe this was covered several weeks or months ago with regard to another situation, but I forget which one.

Hey, we've all had that feeling after bringing a baby home... what next? People stop asking how you are (almost ever) and always seem to ask only about the baby. Mature people get over it. People with issues don't. I feel this is a locomotive train that could go out of control and am grateful that Angels in Waiting, Gloria Allred and others are there to keep things in check. Don't forget there is the psychologist who has filed 2 court petitions in regard to this. It has to do with Nadya not getting or keeping the babies. I tried to find a link but couldn't find one.

I'll bet in the not too distant future, DHC or TLC offers her a show (and J&K&8 will be kicked to the curb) and she grabs the offer. She's definitely got a screw loose. I pity those poor babies.

I think J&K+8 is on its way out. I read a lot of negative things about them, and it used to be that they had a lot of supporters. That negativity is drama, though, so maybe the show will stick around!

I do not think I'd watch an Octomom show. I do like those reality-type shows that follow families that are different than the norm, but when it become contrived, or when I disagree with the values of the "performers," I stop watching. I used to feel kind of bad about myself because I had just two (now three) kids, and my house never looked as neat and tidy as Kate Gosselin's, and she had 8 kids. I found out recently that she has a lot of help -- people to watch the kids, people to clean, even people to cook. She's not Wonder Woman. If they'd been honest about that from the beginning, it would have made a difference, but they made it out to be like she did everything on her own (with a little help from Jon, of course).

I can see myself being annoyed by an Octomom show, though. She would make it all about herself, she would seem unnatural with her kids...she would quickly do all the things that are now annoying me about J&K+8 -- go on expensive vacations and buy a new, huge house ("It's mine, mine, mine, as far as the eye can see"). And I would sit there and think, "How can she have fourteen kids and a clean kitchen floor? How come her laundry room doesn't have piles of dirty clothes? How come her dog is fluffy and clean, when my dog looks like he's been rolling around in dead stinky stuff?" I just couldn't put myself through it.

I have been wondering about the two babies, though. I hope they're well. They're probably thinking, "Take us back to the hospital! Please!!"

RainyGirl, you story warms my heart. I am sure it could sound like I am against IVF, so I hope my comments here haven't offended you. The procedure is a good one.

One of my issues with Octomom is the irresponsibility she acted with. Also her doctor didn't display the ethics I'd expect.

God Bless you all! :blowkiss: Boyz_Mum

Dear Boyz Mum,

Thank you for your kind words :blowkiss:
and you and I are in total agreement about how completely irresponsible and outrageous it was for Nadya to utilize IVF to feed her "baby obsession". I feel very much the same way you do and this woman makes me sick!

I just wish Nadya could have been stopped in her tracks before any of this started! I can tell you one thing for certain: If she had been a patient at the same Endocrine and Fertility Center I went to for my IVF, she would have been turned away and rejected as an IVF candidate!! My Doctors required every potential IVF patient to meet several times with a social worker and highly skilled fertility counselors. The hospital affiliated with my IVF Center also insisted upon rational, thoughtful and ethical considerations when it came to IVF procedures and candidates. My DH and I were always treated with the utmost respect, but it was made very clear to us that IVF is a tremendously serious procedure and all considerations must be made before embarking on such a "journey" as this. I honestly think Nadya would not have made it past the first nurse to encounter her if she had been at my IVF center! Good, ethical clinicians in the field of infertility look at the entire family picture......not just the needs of the woman desiring pregnancy.

Love and hugs to all!!
Rain XOXO

PS: You may be amused to hear that the first picture in my daughter's baby book is a microscopic pic of her as an 8-celled embryo. "Yes Sir!! That's my baby!!" :)

Rainy, I'm glad you said what you did about evaluating your family. That's what a normal doctor would do, I hope. Gosh, if a person needs a mental evaluation for gastric bypass, wouldn't you think someone would have done something about Nadya the minute she visited the IVF doctor? :blowkiss:

Know what else bothers me about the video of Nutsy Nadia returning home? The amount of warm bodies (that have germs) in that house! There isn't any point in sterilizing anything as the kids are touching the floors (which many shoes have also walked on) with their bare hands and then touching the babies! Arggggghhhhhhhhh!!

Grandmum was concerned about the lack of blankets for the children and (to me) it seemed that Nusty was more concerned about keeping face.

'Nother thing - did grandmum have to say that one of the twin's sleeps in a crib as if Nutsy doesn't know?

I know it's not kind to call names but I cannot mention her name and mom in the same sentence!

I'm not to sure about this. It seems she is a very difficult person to work with, her 2 publicists quit pretty fast. I'm thinking no show could count on her following any rules and they would be left holding the bag. Plus you'd have the fear of her losing custody of the children. I'm really hoping the people behind any show will listen to a bit of common sense.

VB

I think she would be a nightmare to work with, but $$$ talks. Look at how the lifestyles of the Roloff's and the Gosellins (sp) have changed since they've done their reality show...so if the big bucks come rolling in, she could hire people to run her household. Once she signs a contract, she's obligated to honor that contract, and I do believe that she'd cooperate for money.

I just think that K&J&8 are on their way out...and will be out sooner than planned because of these 8 babies. From what I saw on the news today, it's apparent that Octo-Mom (that sounds so much like a Saturday morning cartoon character) has no common sense, and I am sure the developers of those shows have no common sense (it's all about $$$ for them), so if Octo Mom is willing to pimp her kids like the rest of the parents on these reality show, then I think it will happen. It was such a media frenzy that I don't think DHC or TLC is going to let this opportunity slip by (unfortunately).

She's actually exactly what these producers are looking for...she's loony, and she's got a litter of kids. This combination makes for good ratings (sadly). Look at Crazy Kate. That show would not be what it is today without her strange habits.

I think J&K+8 is on its way out. I read a lot of negative things about them, and it used to be that they had a lot of supporters. That negativity is drama, though, so maybe the show will stick around!

They are on their way out, IMO. I think the only reason Kate wanted to home-school the younger kids is so they could continue their show.

I do not think I'd watch an Octomom show. I do like those reality-type shows that follow families that are different than the norm, but when it become contrived, or when I disagree with the values of the "performers," I stop watching. I used to feel kind of bad about myself because I had just two (now three) kids, and my house never looked as neat and tidy as Kate Gosselin's, and she had 8 kids. I found out recently that she has a lot of help -- people to watch the kids, people to clean, even people to cook. She's not Wonder Woman. If they'd been honest about that from the beginning, it would have made a difference, but they made it out to be like she did everything on her own (with a little help from Jon, of course).

I can see myself being annoyed by an Octomom show, though. She would make it all about herself, she would seem unnatural with her kids...she would quickly do all the things that are now annoying me about J&K+8 -- go on expensive vacations and buy a new, huge house ("It's mine, mine, mine, as far as the eye can see"). And I would sit there and think, "How can she have fourteen kids and a clean kitchen floor? How come her laundry room doesn't have piles of dirty clothes? How come her dog is fluffy and clean, when my dog looks like he's been rolling around in dead stinky stuff?" I just couldn't put myself through it.

I have been wondering about the two babies, though. I hope they're well. They're probably thinking, "Take us back to the hospital! Please!!"

I wouldn't watch it either. I quit watching J&K&8 after it went from a documentary about multiples to a reality show. I'd never want my children in an environment like that, so I refuse to watch the show so they can make money off their kids.

I pity all the children, the fragile newborns and the older children who need a secure loving home and the attention of the 1 parent they have.

When will we ever hear about this woman not indulging herself and doing something that is just for a child?

If there are only 6 pieces of cake, will she then not take a slice, or will 1 child go without?

VB
Yeah, here this woman is spending $1000 on make-up, yet the children get food stamps!:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I remember when they had the reality series with Anna Nicole Smith. My husband and I watched it a grand total of once-- and we were both amazed and disgusted! She was staggering about, obviously drugged and seemingly clueless about everything. It was so disturbing and and painful to watch, we avoided ever seeing it again.

IMHO, watching Octomom and her kids would be just like that. It's like watching a train wreck about to happen. Some people would enjoy it, but most would be horrified and disgusted after one episode. I can't stand watching animals mistreated-- I certainly could not stand to watch her kids mistreated!

Know what else bothers me about the video of Nutsy Nadia returning home? The amount of warm bodies (that have germs) in that house! There isn't any point in sterilizing anything as the kids are touching the floors (which many shoes have also walked on) with their bare hands and then touching the babies! Arggggghhhhhhhhh!!

Grandmum was concerned about the lack of blankets for the children and (to me) it seemed that Nusty was more concerned about keeping face.

'Nother thing - did grandmum have to say that one of the twin's sleeps in a crib as if Nutsy doesn't know?

I know it's not kind to call names but I cannot mention her name and mom in the same sentence!
the grandmom is irritating as well,IMO.they're both screechy,and Nadya does not even talk like an adult.if you watch the videos of her enough,she's not hard to figure out.she's quite predictable with her manipulations.she agrees easily,always says uh-hm,usually before the person has even spit the whole sentence out.except with her mom;she's the only one with whom Nadya feels comfortable disagreeing with.everyone else she bows down to.

I'll bet in the not too distant future, DHC or TLC offers her a show (and J&K&8 will be kicked to the curb) and she grabs the offer.
I think Kate thinks so,too,and IMO,that's why she dissed Nadya.

Dear Boyz Mum,

Thank you for your kind words :blowkiss:
and you and I are in total agreement about how completely irresponsible and outrageous it was for Nadya to utilize IVF to feed her "baby obsession". I feel very much the same way you do and this woman makes me sick!

I just wish Nadya could have been stopped in her tracks before any of this started! I can tell you one thing for certain: If she had been a patient at the same Endocrine and Fertility Center I went to for my IVF, she would have been turned away and rejected as an IVF candidate!! My Doctors required every potential IVF patient to meet several times with a social worker and highly skilled fertility counselors. The hospital affiliated with my IVF Center also insisted upon rational, thoughtful and ethical considerations when it came to IVF procedures and candidates. My DH and I were always treated with the utmost respect, but it was made very clear to us that IVF is a tremendously serious procedure and all considerations must be made before embarking on such a "journey" as this. I honestly think Nadya would not have made it past the first nurse to encounter her if she had been at my IVF center! Good, ethical clinicians in the field of infertility look at the entire family picture......not just the needs of the woman desiring pregnancy.

Love and hugs to all!!
Rain XOXO

PS: You may be amused to hear that the first picture in my daughter's baby book is a microscopic pic of her as an 8-celled embryo. "Yes Sir!! That's my baby!!" :)
I think in Nadya's case,the Dr was one of those 'you got the money,I'll do the procedure!!!' kind of Dr.Only this isn't plastic surgery....it's lives at stake!! This unethical Dr. treated IVF as if it were nothing more than a plastic surgery procedure.very sad.

The comforting thing is that staff from CPS is probably watching every video, and with good reason. I think there is eventually going to be a showdown. Nadya Suleman must continue to prove that she is a fit mother for those babies, not to mention her older children. Currently I just don't see it.
I agree;she could have put the babies in their room,made sure one of the caretakers was watching them,then walked upstairs to check on the others.I think it had to do with the fact there were photos taken when she came back down...cuz she sure was smiling and enjoying all the attention! if they'd been placed in their room,it would have been harder for all the photogs to get pics.(and thus less attn for her!!)

This woman is mentally disturbed to say the least. She has a very scary look in her eyes, that reminds me of Andrea Yates. I don't see a happy ending for these children in the near future. I will keep them in my prayers.

snipped

VB

Vegas Bride, what a surprising and interesting thought. You are probably right on the money in acessing Octomom's behavior.
See, this is what I love about this site. There's always somebody with another bigger and better idea. Thanks for sharing VB.

I don't watch J & K or any other super family. (I do watch Wife Swap but will withdraw my application~ I'd be *lucky* enough to have to swap with the mother of a super family! Just kidding- I've never applied. :))

Anyway, I really hope that she doesn't land a show of her own. Aside from the large family, she doesn't have much to "offer" the viewing public, IMO. Is there anyone out here who would tune into a show dedicated to the Octomom? (I'm asking in all seriousness.) If the show could center around Nadya's psychological evaluation and treatment, then I would actually consider tuning in. (As long as Dr. Phil isn't anywhere in the picture.)

I am really concerned about the welfare of all the children, I know we all raise children differently, but I really haven't seen Nadya show love towards the children unless a quick peck on the cheek counts? In the clips we see, I am not sure if she has even spent a whole day at home with her children?

I'm sorry, I know I've repeated many things over and over, the story keeps spinning and yet I still haven't heard Nadya have a single "plan" other than for herself and the contributions, etc... I can't detect a single maternal feeling about her- except for the obvious contempt she aims towards her own mother.

Too bad Sigmond Freud wasn't still around- he'd have a hey day with this one! :crazy:

I'm glad, Boys_Mum thatyou brought up the kissing Octomom does when she's shown with her children. This is not a sweet and endearing picture. In fact, it's very unreal to see someone smothering a child with kisses. We all hug and kiss our kids, but I see this mom thinking she needs to do this to make others think she's a loving and capable mother.
Come on. All of us here who have raised children, know it takes much much more than kissing the kid all over the face to show good parenting skills. The entire job of mothering takes into account everything from teaching manners to scolding for misbehavior. It's a process of giving up your personal time to show undivided attention to the child's wants and needs. However small of giant those incidents. The job never ends.
I would not watch a show about her and her round-the-clock kiddies. In general I do not watch reality-type shows. I've got enough reality in my life that I don't need to add anymore. She above all would be both scary and tedious to watch after one 30 minute show. Keep her off TV, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97