Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I clipped your post!

Maybe the publicist should head over and help grandma with the 6 kids Nadya left with her- at least send over a cleaning crew. :doh:

Jholi and Boyz Mom-- I could not believe the publicist said that!!! :slap:

I, too, have been hesistant to delve into this story because it hits too close to home....but I have to say something. The Physician that allowed this women to have 6 embryos transferred is completely unethical and as slimy as they get. He must be stopped. This man and his clinical staff have given infertility clinics and staff a bad name and have once again perpetuated horrible stereotypes about IVF and having "litters" of babies. This woman---there are no words to describe how much disgust I feel for this woman. She was only thinking of her own selfish needs....not the needs of the innocent children!! I have never, ever heard of such twisted and unconscionable selfishness!

I am the blessed Mommy of a wonderful little girl (now 6) who was conceived via IVF. My Physicians and nurses at the University of Washington are top-notch and most importantly ETHICAL. My husband and I tried IVF after four heartbreaking miscarriages. Our first two attempts at IVF did not work (also heartbreaking), but on the third transfer---success! We were blessed with our daughter and we haven't stopped pinching ourselves with joy and disbelief yet....not even six years later. Do we want to have more?? Of course!!....but we're also still paying the bills from the IVF.....and will be paying for months to come. Don't get me wrong...these bills are paid with gratitude, for we owe so much to the Physicians that helped us have a family. But future IVF for a sibling is not possible right now. IVF is very, very expensive and we're absolutely thrilled that we have our precious daughter. Who knows what the future holds for us.....but I am very grateful to the wonderful people that helped our dream become a reality.
For the record, I had all of my IVF procedures done (both "fresh" and "frozen" transfers of embryos) between the ages of 29 and 34. My Physician would (under no circumstances) transfer more than TWO embryos at a time. He has a great success rate. Many twins (and some triplets) have been born, but no large numbers of multiples. And YES---the number of children you may already have does play a factor in the decisions of your treatment plan at my clinic. It has to. The sanctity of human life is precious. If this woman who had the octuplets (and six youngsters at home) would have tried to get an IVF done at my clinic here in WA, she would have been politely REFUSED!!!

I'm sorry for rambling on so much. I have so much more to say on this, but now its time to go pick up my awesome 6 year-old from school! :innocent:

Love and Peace to you all,
Rain
Thank you for that wonderful ramble, Rain. :) It's both heart warming and enraging to see such caring and responsible parents not get all the children you wish for, while irresponsible and selfish women like Nadya use a "forgiveness is easier than permission" approach to take whatever she wants and exploit people's concern for children to get away with it. :(

I hope we can find a way to keep her from getting away with it without grief to innocents.

Jholi and Boyz Mom-- I could not believe the publicist said that!!! :slap:

Unconscionable, to use the grandmother's term. The obviously mercenary publicist deserves to lose some reputation and business for that and other BS he or she has thrown at us over the last week.

Nadya already delivered a blow to her parents by calling her upbringing dysfunctional.

Now her publicist appears to be willing to throw the grandmother under the bus, with the comment about how Nadya can't be blamed for the condition of the house, since she has been in the hospital for months.

And isn't it Nadya's responsibility to make sure the children were cared for during her hospitalization? Instead she left them with her mother, all the while saying her own upbringing was dysfunctional, and appears to absolve herself of responsibility for their care while she was incapacitated.

If it was you or I, we would be held responsible for the condition we left the children in.

I doubt if her upbringing was truly dysfunctional and I think her poor mother looked totally worn out in her interview. What 50+ yr old could care for 6 children, including 1 with autism, full time??

Nadya behaved irresponsibly by not having the proper caretakers for the children while she was in the hospital. Of course, irresponsible behavior seems to be rampant in her life.:banghead:

He also said she would be moving to a larger home so I would bet some kind of deal has already been made. Now, with that said I wonder if ole Nadya cut this deal without any real intention of having the babies with her. Seems she was heading out for interviews at the earliest opportunity, so being an opportunist, she made hay while the sun was shining. If CPS investigates and denies her right to the children she will have still found an avenue for self promotion.

Grandpa said they have a big home where no one will find them (link posted earlier). I'm guessing that as long as the Huggies van can find them to drop off free diapers, it's all good? :silenced:

Look at this:

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_11664860

The owner of a nanny agency has come to the defense of the Whittier mother of octuplets, claiming that Nadya Suleman is "a great client, a great mom."

Jacqueline Chatfield of Merry Poppins To Order, a nanny referral service in Covina, has provided child care to Suleman's six older children for two years, she said.
She talked to Suleman almost daily to coordinate child care and said her nannies liked working for the Suleman. "You always get feedback from the nannies," Chatfield said. "And all the reports I get is that she is a great mom."

Link provided above story.

If I haven't done this correctly can a mod fix it or point me right! Ta!

And isn't it Nadya's responsibility to make sure the children were cared for during her hospitalization? Instead she left them with her mother, all the while saying her own upbringing was dysfunctional, and appears to absolve herself of responsibility for their care while she was incapacitated.

If it was you or I, we would be held responsible for the condition we left the children in.

I doubt if her upbringing was truly dysfunctional and I think her poor mother looked totally worn out in her interview. What 50+ yr old could care for 6 children, including 1 with autism, full time??

Nadya behaved irresponsibly by not having the proper caretakers for the children while she was in the hospital. Of course, irresponsible behavior seems to be rampant in her life.:banghead:

Agreed. With what has been reported in the media, I fully expect the State of Cali. to get involved with ALL these kids. It is obvious the Grandmother is overwhelmed and in need of help. She and the Grandfather have provided financially (housing, food, clothing etc.) for the first six, if this has been reported accurately.

The entire world is watching and waiting to see what happens next...

He also said she would be moving to a larger home so I would bet some kind of deal has already been made. Now, with that said I wonder if ole Nadya cut this deal without any real intention of having the babies with her. Seems she was heading out for interviews at the earliest opportunity, so being an opportunist, she made hay while the sun was shining. If CPS investigates and denies her right to the children she will have still found an avenue for self promotion.

Yikes, cp, I think you're on to something. So she could get a donated house and other items, and then she knew that the kids would be taken by the state. There she would be, fine house and furniture, no kids, no living with mom and dad... This is the most devious thing I can imagine...Someone upthread mentioned that she was a con woman, and an article discloses that she has used many names. Something wrong. Lots of somethings wrong.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/rd...ittierdailynews.com-www.whittierdailynews.com

Suleman herself has been known by different names over the years, including Natalie Suleman, Natalie Gutierrez, Nadya Gutierrez, and Nadya Doud.

Public records show her father has used the last names Doud and Suleman. Her parents married in Las Vegas in 1974, a year before their only child was born. They divorced in 1999.

Suleman was married to Marcos Gutierrez in 1996 and was divorced last year, according to public records.

Angela (Nadya's mother) has my sympathies- I kind of hope that someone cuts her a check so she can take a LONG vacation from her ungrateful daughter!

The publicist needs their head examined as well- it seems they are trying to garner sympathy for super mom Nadya but it's not working with me.

Look at this:

The owner of a nanny agency has come to the defense of the Whittier mother of octuplets, claiming that Nadya Suleman is "a great client, a great mom."

Jacqueline Chatfield of Merry Poppins To Order, a nanny referral service in Covina, has provided child care to Suleman's six older children for two years, she said.
She talked to Suleman almost daily to coordinate child care and said her nannies liked working for the Suleman. "You always get feedback from the nannies," Chatfield said. "And all the reports I get is that she is a great mom."

Link worked! How in the heck did she afford a NANNY???? So she had a nanny for 2 years? It's nice that Merry Poppins is donating free child care for the year. Well Nadya is going to be more of a great client- with 14 kids she'll need a whole crew of nannies! OMG!!!

Look at this:

You gotta be kidding me! Who has been paying the nanny "Merry Poppins" for the last two years? LOL, I'm sure it was the grandma, not Nadya.

The nanny service: I smell a rat... if this nanny service has been in this woman's life, why aren't they around helping with the other 6, right now? The grandmother is at her wits end and their house looks like the kids are living in a mess because the grandmother is winging it alone.

You bring up a good point- if you were pregnant with the 7 babies she knew she was pregnant with, wouldn't you have gotten some sort of nursery together? I know the babies came early (I think most multiples do?) but having some sort of a game plan in place for all those babies would have been the first thing to think about (not hiring a publicist?)

It's pretty fishy to me!

She is still working on getting the nurseries ready for the first six kids !!:doh:

I heard a doc on TV saying at the minimum the 8 would be developmentally delayed (as many preemies are, but in this case, it's pretty much a given since there are 8). He said it is highly likely they will have other physical/mental disabilities.

I think what this woman did is criminal.

ETA: Oh I just had a horrible thought. What is going to stop her from having more kids?? Did she get her tubes tied??

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. Will she take the money from the interview's she is doing and run to another fertility clinic. Oh My Goodness !!

I am sorry to do this but I have another question about endometiosis.

In one of the articles with a little screen and the interview with Anne Curry, I swear that Nadya said she has/had endometriosis. Wouldn't this condition interfere with carrying a baby full term? (The octuplets were born early but is endometriosis a reason that pregnancy for Nadya would be high risk?)

I don't know very much about the condition and Nadya was rattling off all her female problems so quickly, I got lost. :o

I, too, have been hesistant to delve into this story because it hits too close to home....but I have to say something. The Physician that allowed this women to have 6 embryos transferred is completely unethical and as slimy as they get. He must be stopped. This man and his clinical staff have given infertility clinics and staff a bad name and have once again perpetuated horrible stereotypes about IVF and having "litters" of babies. This woman---there are no words to describe how much disgust I feel for this woman. She was only thinking of her own selfish needs....not the needs of the innocent children!! I have never, ever heard of such twisted and unconscionable selfishness!

I am the blessed Mommy of a wonderful little girl (now 6) who was conceived via IVF. My Physicians and nurses at the University of Washington are top-notch and most importantly ETHICAL. My husband and I tried IVF after four heartbreaking miscarriages. Our first two attempts at IVF did not work (also heartbreaking), but on the third transfer---success! We were blessed with our daughter and we haven't stopped pinching ourselves with joy and disbelief yet....not even six years later. Do we want to have more?? Of course!!....but we're also still paying the bills from the IVF.....and will be paying for months to come. Don't get me wrong...these bills are paid with gratitude, for we owe so much to the Physicians that helped us have a family. But future IVF for a sibling is not possible right now. IVF is very, very expensive and we're absolutely thrilled that we have our precious daughter. Who knows what the future holds for us.....but I am very grateful to the wonderful people that helped our dream become a reality.
For the record, I had all of my IVF procedures done (both "fresh" and "frozen" transfers of embryos) between the ages of 29 and 34. My Physician would (under no circumstances) transfer more than TWO embryos at a time. He has a great success rate. Many twins (and some triplets) have been born, but no large numbers of multiples. And YES---the number of children you may already have does play a factor in the decisions of your treatment plan at my clinic. It has to. The sanctity of human life is precious. If this woman who had the octuplets (and six youngsters at home) would have tried to get an IVF done at my clinic here in WA, she would have been politely REFUSED!!!

I'm sorry for rambling on so much. I have so much more to say on this, but now its time to go pick up my awesome 6 year-old from school! :innocent:

Love and Peace to you all,
Rain

RainyGirl, I am so happy for you,your husband and your bundle of joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member