Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... you're right about the "I'm gonna kill myself" thing. I'd never utter that in front of my kids.

Ok, I'm sorry but after hearing that 911 call all I could think was that the entire call was scripted! It was all about me Me Me! Was she even trying to give them some information about her child? What the child looked like, what they were wearing, where the child was last seen? Imo that call had nothing to do with a missing child and all about adding some drama to a womans life who was in need of some attention.

What mother starts crying about killing herself when the logical course of action is to get your butt out there and start looking for your kid?

If she can't handle this, what's she going to be like when her kids hit puberty or when 8 are in the terrible 2's?

VB

She does not need "nannies" she needs nurses! AND their job should be to take care of these critically ill infants, not be responsible for correcting years of ingrained bad behavior in the other 6 children. Leaving the home without permission, standing on top of cars and throwing rocks, biting and hitting adults, these are SERIOUS behavioral issues and serious parenting issues.

Hitting, kicking, biting, pulling out tubes, shutting off monitors.....any of these behaviors could be life threatening to such tiny babies. I just pray that somehow, someone will realize this situation is extremely dangerous for those babies. With such fragile infants, there is no margin for error or justification for taking a chance that they will be OK in that home.

I'm thoroughly convinced that one of those 14 children will be dead within a year if they are all residing with her. THEN WHAT? Anyone sick of the Octomom news now? What happens then? I can see such an insane media uproar 100x's greater than we've ever seen.

Hindsight is NOT the way to go about this situation. PREVENTION is the only way to deal with these children. If anything happens, I hope CA dismantles & fires every last CPS worker in CA and restructures the entire division. I am literally scared to death for those babies. There are millions of us in the USA that feel this way, can see the train wreck ahead of us and feel completely helpless for those children.

Her story was that her five year old went for a walk and didn't return. My five year old never went for a walk out the front door without me and we live in a gated community.

What is up with that story she was weaving? She lost track of one of her kids and couldn't put together enough language to even explain where and who she was; how were the police supposed to help her? She has called the police to get a child out of a locked bathroom; bathroom locks are easy to open with a toothpick. She has zero common sense and children don't thrive in fantasyland.

On our local news this morning they were saying the dialog OM used (on the 911 call)was similar or the same, in parts, as the movie where Angelina Jolie played a mother who lost her little boy or he was kidnapped... not sure (didn't see the movie or hear the call but that's what the news was saying). If so, that's a little icky.

Umm, how long does it take for authorities and child welfare to figure out these children deserve a better home? Is there nothing better for them than this pathetic, mentally ill woman?

I'm not big fan of Octo-mom and what she's done (having 8 more kids on top of 6) - and not sure what to think of this phone call. To me, she sounds like a very concerned, and paniced mother. Who wouldn't be that way in the same situation? The utterance of "I'm going to kill myself" over and over is definitely not cool, but I have caught myself saying (after I've done something really stooopid - "ah...I could just kill myself for doing that" - not really of course, meaning litreally what I said - just kicking myself and that's what came out. I don't have children - and doubt I would say that in front of my children - I'm just saying...I don't think she literally means she wants to kill herself. I just think at this particular moment that she is just FRUSTRATED and paniced because she let the child out of her sight. She's scared and she's kicking herself for being so careless. That's what I hear out of this.

Flying by the seat of her pants is what has worked for Nadya for so long,so she continues to do it.It's the same reason she turned down Angels Care,IMO (that,and she didn't want them controlling the money).Only this time it is not going to work.Something has got to give,and it's going to.The babies need special care that she is not willing to provide,and I agree,nannies do not cut it.They need the pediatric nurses,and I hope and wish this alone will be reason not to release them to her.
her parents have always picked up the slack and done whatever needed to be done,but truly,this time it is not going to work for her.and even if they could do it all,they're not getting any younger.

I'm intrigued by the reported likeness of the 911 call Suleman made in October 2008 and the movie that Jolie-Pitt starred in called the changling. (which came out the same month, if I have read correctly).

I remember that trailer being played over and over and yes, over on TV. Of course we have Suleman saying she doesn't even own a TV.

I went and looked up the trailer.

For reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvHquOz-lDU

Meh, I don't know but it's interesting gossip :)

Shavaun, I am sorry if my opinions bother you in regards to "Octomom". IMO, when Nadya came into my home via the nightly news, she invited the public. When the public is involved, you will get feedback which may or not be welcome, but again, we've been invited.

I don't wish to see any harm come to Nadya nor do I wish any harm on those beautiful children (all 14 of them are a bunch of cuties!) The problem that most of us seem to have is Nadya being forthcoming in asking for donations, but not with the truth about anything. Had Nadya not been deceiving from the beginning, I most likely would be sending off donations as often as I would be able. As soon as I hear that there is a trustee involved, it's not impossible to think I would still consider donating.

Sincerely, Boyz_Mum

:toastred:
Well said Boyz_Mum !!

OMG, this woman. The more we learn, the less I like her. I could never imagine saying I was going to kill myself in front of my kids, distraught or not. Heck, I refuse to even show pain in front of my kids if I can help it.
And I am still stuck on the fact that she said her 5 year old went out for a walk. A WALK? AT 5? PRESUMABLY ALONE?
This woman cannot handle 14 kids, I have my doubts that she can even handle herself.

I'm not big fan of Octo-mom and what she's done (having 8 more kids on top of 6) - and not sure what to think of this phone call. To me, she sounds like a very concerned, and paniced mother. Who wouldn't be that way in the same situation? The utterance of "I'm going to kill myself" over and over is definitely not cool, but I have caught myself saying (after I've done something really stooopid - "ah...I could just kill myself for doing that" - not really of course, meaning litreally what I said - just kicking myself and that's what came out. I don't have children - and doubt I would say that in front of my children - I'm just saying...I don't think she literally means she wants to kill herself. I just think at this particular moment that she is just FRUSTRATED and paniced because she let the child out of her sight. She's scared and she's kicking herself for being so careless. That's what I hear out of this.

I agree with you on that and see where you are coming from. After I had kids there was just a whole book of things I wouldn't let pass my lips anymore, including I could kill myself I'm so stupid. And it didn't just slip for her, she said it over and over.

Boy, Dr. Phil sure missed the mark on this one. I wish he would have called her on her crap like he has so many other guests.

I wonder if another miracle deal of help comes across for her and she is able to take it with volunteered help (a church maybe?), I can really see her living with the 8 babies and leaving the six with her parents. I guess that would be better for the babies given the older ones' possible behavior problems, but so sad for her six. She would rationalize that they don't need her as much and it's all fine. Let it go (the first six).

It's sad but her kids will likely either grow up very hurt and the turn out the opposite of her, or turn out just like her.

Yee gads, I just watched The Changeling trailer and in the 911 recording Nadya sounds just like AJ when AJ is screaming for her son, in the movie. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but at this point, nothing would surprise me about Nadya...

Yee gads, I just watched The Changeling trailer and in the 911 recording Nadya sounds just like AJ when AJ is screaming for her son, in the movie. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but at this point, nothing would surprise me about Nadya...

I guess I would just like the date of the 911 call. If it is a week or 2 after that movie came out, you can bet the 911 call was a fake! She was waiting for her moment.

You know what occured to me regarding that call & the movie? I'm a bit concerned this woman is some form of Munchausens Syndrome. NEEDING medical attention for the sake of attention and this is how she obtains it. :shocked2:

I guess I would just like the date of the 911 call. If it is a week or 2 after that movie came out, you can bet the 911 call was a fake! She was waiting for her moment.

You know what occured to me regarding that call & the movie? I'm a bit concerned this woman is some form of Munchausens Syndrome. NEEDING medical attention for the sake of attention and this is how she obtains it. :shocked2:

Really, or just needing attention.

FWIW, I'm just playing around with the idea that Suleman is obsessed with Jolie-Pitt. I really have no idea, but the media has made this connection and it is kind of interesting.

Actually, I don't care. She's a nut in my humble opinion. But I do think it's interesting and fun to explore. But don't take it to the bank! :D

1. When Suleman first appeared in the media, the media took immediate notice that she bore a resemblence to Jolie-Pitt.

2. It's been reported (no way of checking this out) that Suleman has been writing to Jolie-Pitt upwards to a year.

3. Now the comparison between Suleman and Jolie-Pitt with the 911 call and the changling movie trailer.

Now, please don't think that I'm convinced this is what happened! I just think it's tittilating for a lack of better word :)

So I did a search and the 911 call that Suleman made was reported to have been on "Miss Suleman reportedly made the call on October 27, after her five-year-old son went missing" (link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4940904/Octuplets-mother-Nadya-Suleman-threatened-suicide-when-son-went-missing.html I don't know the veracity of that newspaper?)

And the fact that the trailer had heavy TV play (this I remember myself) prior to release and it opened on "Changeling was released in 15 theaters in nine markets in the United States on October 24, 2008.[75]... It was released across North America on October 31, 2008, playing at 1,850 theaters, expanding to 1,896 theaters by its fourth week.
(link for info above: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Changeling_(2008_film)

Just a bit of harmless fun at Suleman's expense by me.

Opps SallyLu you beat me to it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member