Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, a reasonable jury is going to want real evidence. Like the DNA, fingerprints, footprints, diaries, boarding her dog, sending her sister home, and how quiet she was on that Tuesday. REAL evidence.

You are attributing your own set of motives to her actions. Let's be very clear about that. ( whistling in the dark comes to mind here).

Then you would know Rebecca mimiked her suicide to the one in The Housemaid - down to having her hair UNDER the rope.

so you've watched the video?

wait...did the housemaid really do that? also, did the housemaid pound her head with something. tia

No time to post now but an entirely different set of explanations could be proposed here. Besides, aren't you the one who keeps talking about 'facts' ? (With all due respect I would add). I'm not trying to be snarky.

Hmmm...wonder if Jonah has been/will be subpoenaed to give a deposition as to Dina's unstable state of mind regarding her actions and statements before Rebecca's murder and after.

Then you would know Rebecca mimiked her suicide to the one in The Housemaid - down to having her hair UNDER the rope.

Lulu2, No, I don't know Rebecca (or anyone in all of South Korea) mimicked the suicide of a character in a vintage, foreign language movie (remade at least 8 times in different cultural genres....Danish, Japanese, American, French etc) with subtitles about older men who can't seem to keep their pants on when a young girl without economic means moves into the household. However, I believe, YOU WANT ME TO BELIEVE THE FILM IS RELEVANT.

South Korean "rubber shoe and handkerchief" movies are just boiler plate soap operas and the theme of over half the movies produced after the Korean War.
YOU KNOW.... the Korean War, 38th parallel in the 1950's? If I were to believe the soap opera of the Housemaid was relevant, then I would also have to believe that M.A.S.H. was also a true depiction of American medical field during the Korean War. Bulletin: it ain't so LULU2.....it is just make believe theater. Lulu2, it is OK if you disagree with me. And as a gesture of my willingness to accept criticism, I would gladly encourage you to binge watch all the over-acted
S Korean films, for a week....I'll supply the popcorn and handkerchiefs at my own expense. Lulu2, I read and feel your beliefs...I get it.

so you've watched the video?

wait...did the housemaid really do that? also, did the housemaid pound her head with something. tia

Yes, she really has the noose over her hair. No, IIRC, she did not "pound her head with something", but neither did Rebecca.

You are attributing your own set of motives to her actions. Let's be very clear about that. ( whistling in the dark comes to mind here).

No, I'm agreeing with what the SDSO, FBI, and DOJ found. Not my own "set of motives".

No time to post now but an entirely different set of explanations could be proposed here. Besides, aren't you the one who keeps talking about 'facts' ? (With all due respect I would add). I'm not trying to be snarky.

Yes, facts. And it's a FACT that the woman in THE HOUSEMAID hangs herself with her hair under the noose. And it's a FACT that the movie was taken in as evidence by the detectives.

Lulu2, No, I don't know Rebecca (or anyone in all of South Korea) mimicked the suicide of a character in a vintage, foreign language movie (remade at least 8 times in different cultural genres....Danish, Japanese, American, French etc) with subtitles about older men who can't seem to keep their pants on when a young girl without economic means moves into the household. However, I believe, YOU WANT ME TO BELIEVE THE FILM IS RELEVANT.

South Korean "rubber shoe and handkerchief" movies are just boiler plate soap operas and the theme of over half the movies produced after the Korean War.
YOU KNOW.... the Korean War, 38th parallel in the 1950's? If I were to believe the soap opera of the Housemaid was relevant, then I would also have to believe that M.A.S.H. was also a true depiction of American medical field during the Korean War. Bulletin: it ain't so LULU2.....it is just make believe theater. Lulu2, it is OK if you disagree with me. And as a gesture of my willingness to accept criticism, I would gladly encourage you to binge watch all the over-acted
S Korean films, for a week....I'll supply the popcorn and handkerchiefs at my own expense. Lulu2, I read and feel your beliefs...I get it.

None of the above makes any sense to me. The dectectives did not take M.A.S.H. or the entire history of Korean Film as evidence. Just The Housemaid, the movie that shows a woman hanging herself with her hair UNDER the noose. A movie that Rebecca and Jonah must have owned and watched.

Can someone remind me which warrant shows that video taken into evidence?

TIA

Yes, she really has the noose over her hair. No, IIRC, she did not "pound her head with something", but neither did Rebecca.

Ah, I see. You didn't answer the question...have you watched the video?

No, a reasonable jury is going to want real evidence. Like the DNA, fingerprints, footprints, diaries, boarding her dog, sending her sister home, and how quiet she was on that Tuesday. REAL evidence.

It's easy to assume a jury would be shown pictures of Rebecca Zahau's alleged suicide. Especially the pictures of the overturned chair and red dog bone. The room SDSO stated showed no signs of struggle. A jury would most likely see the list of items taken into evidence, which did not include the chair or the dog bone. In my opinion, a reasonable jury will look closely at the pictures and after hearing about the 4 injuries to her head wonder why the big red dog bone was not seized nor tested. A jury may even be as curious as to how the detectives determined so early in the investigation the chair and dog bone were not pertinent pieces of evidence. As well, it's feasible a jury might be curious to why panties found in a guesthouse of a defendant who admitted viewing *advertiser censored* before allegedly discovering a woman hanging nude were not tested. I think the Zahau attorneys would also delve into how gloves taken into evidence could be missing DNA. I can only assume the plaintiffs might then call an expert on Confirmation Bias. The expert might explain how decision makers have been shown to actively seek out and assign weight to evidence that confirms their theory, and ignore evidence that could disconfirm their theory. Otherwise known as Selection Bias. JMO.

Yes, facts. And it's a FACT that the woman in THE HOUSEMAID hangs herself with her hair under the noose. And it's a FACT that the movie was taken in as evidence by the detectives.

Thanks for reminding of how STOOOPIDly odd the SDSO investigation was from the very start@! A silly South Korean cinematic soap opera is TAKEN INTO EVIDENCE....But, for 30 days NO ONE felt it was relevant to retrieve the messages on Rebecca's phone???? Oh yah, oh yah, oh yah...and they also photographed the pink Coach w-r-i-s-t-l-e-t........
What "lulu explanation" do you have for failing to retrieve critical phone info in a timely manner? (I just gotta hear this one, too.)

^^^ Nope, not dense at all! I edited my post above to point out the movie is NOT listed in the search warrant. It has only been mentioned in Rule's book.

Again, all you have to do is watch The Housemaid to know Rebecca fashioned her suicide after this one - down to having her hair under the noose. The Housemaid is what was taken into evidence - not the trilogy.

Bolded red by me

How do you know this? Or is it just skewed thinking? Please provide a link proving this. tia

ETA: ahh, thanks *Lash* for once again clarifying yet again a post made to sound as FACT.

No, I'm agreeing with what the SDSO, FBI, and DOJ found. Not my own "set of motives".

C'mon, Lulu2. Why was RZ quiet? Perhaps she was sad and concentrating on doing what she could to help Jonah. Her diary entries? Her sister said they had been written months earlier ( do I remember her saying they were 6 months old?). Boarded the dog? There was a lot of activity going on and she was gone a lot. Maybe Jonah asked her to. Sending her sister home? Vacation was clearly over once Max got hurt.
You are absolutely attributing motives to RZ and stating vehemently that YOUR assumptions about her motivations prove her guilty. Sometimes I think that a bunch of stuff gets thrown against the wall to see what will stick.
MOO

New documents (101, 102) posted on San Diego ROA yesterday. Dina is seeking a court order for discovery for ADT Security Corp. to produce any records they have for the Spreckles Mansion for the relevant time period. ADT has not responded to their requests, apparently. (Remember the reported unlocked back door of Spreckles?)

Will post the 18 page document shortly, but my summary hits the high points.

So, it occurs to me, how long exactly would a home security company keep detailed records for a particular property? After all, it's been 3 years since Rebecca's death, and the mansion underwent extensive renovations. It actually doesn't seem reasonable to me that ADT would even still have detailed records on the system in place back in 2011. Why? It doesn't have the same significance as a medical record, or financial documents, etc, so why would a security company keep detailed records years on a specific property? That would take a ton of servers and storage space. I could see that maybe they have records that the Spreckles property was a client, and maybe locations of the original system, and payment records-- but individual records of every time the alarm may have blipped?

I have a call into our company to see how long they keep records.

Here's item #101 and 102 from the San Diego ROA. Dina's motion to compel ADT's records on Spreckles.

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face..._Motion_to_Compel_Discovery_1424636558401.pdf

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...OA-102_02-19-15_Order_Other_1424636559714.pdf

I can't copy/ paste the request from the subpoena in the document above (page 7 of 18), but they are asking for all records of everything (including smoke and carbon monoxide detectors) for the period 1 Aug 2010 to 1 Aug 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState