Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ one can insist until they are blue in the face that this was a suicide but guess what? The public doesn't buy it. When I hear the insistence from a very small minority here I always think of the phrase, "whistling in the dark".

Hardly a small minority when that includes four law enforcement agencies, 15 detectives, and dozens of crime scene personnel.

The case will never make it to a jury, IMO, but what would be funny is seeing them try to re-enact what the Zahau's are alledging.

Let's see, how did Adam move Rebecca around like a rag doll, so he could put HER fingerprints and DNA all over her office? How on earth did he get HER prints on the INSIDE of the knots? And how did she not get finger shaped bruises where he manipulated her body?

And who sat on the bed first, so it wouldn't move like it did in a FUTURE reenactment (the one where the woman tied herself like Zahau did I less than 30 minutes), Dina or Nina?

And why didn't Rebecca run "like a gazelle" when she was being hit on the head with that dangerous red dog bone?

And how did Adam, Dina, and Nina manage not to leave one fingerprint, one bit of DNA, one hair - yet not erase any of Rebecca's? and how did they clean and vacuum the room, yet still somehow leave it all dirty?

I think the scenerio the Zahaus have come up with is even stupider than those ridiculous, moronic, cartoon videos about the case that are on YouTube. The Zahaus' story reads like a 3 Stooges episode - they could have at least invented a story more plausible, IMO.

And since the Zahaus have NO physical evidence to prove anyone other than Rebecca was in that room, and LE has more than ample physical evidence that Rebecca Zahau took her own life, I predict the case will be thrown out in February.

JMO

No way anyone other than Rebecca Zahau put the end of rope in her fingers, since it was still in her stiff fingers when LE arrived:

image.jpg

BBM

Are you saying that Rebecca VISITED Max in the hospital? I only recall her picking up and dropping various people off at the hospital. Please point out to me where this information is, if you can. TIA We would all love to know this.

You should ask Lash and/or whoever Vahall is for their links - it was Lash's post. I just said I knew that Rebecca had visited Max.

@Morag, I know the question was directed to LuckyLucy2, but I saw this-
http://www.newsweek.com/what-really-happened-coronado-mansion-67411

I'm not exactly sure what you are referencing, but there's nothing in that article that states Rebecca visited Max in the hospital.

Can you copy and post the relevant text? TIA

From what I recall from an article in the Media Reference section, Jonah asked Rebecca not to visit Max at the hospital as it would upset Dina.

^^^ AFAIK, Rebecca was never asked not to visit Max in the hospital.

She visited Max in the ER on Monday, and at Rady's on Tuesday. And it says so - very clearly - in the article that was linked above. Perhaps you should read it again?

Can you post the article you recall from the Media Reference section that states Rebecca was not told not to visit Max? If not, it is just hearsay, and IMO, just another of the many rumors that have swirled around this case, since we see she did indeed visit him...twice.

Thank You LuckyLucy2, here is the relevant text Betty P-
"Afterward, the police drove Rebecca to the emergency room to see Max."
"Rebecca returned to the hospital the next day to see Max again while Dina was home sleeping after an all-night vigil."

Thank You LuckyLucy2, here is the relevant text Betty P-
"Afterward, the police drove Rebecca to the emergency room to see Max."
"Rebecca returned to the hospital the next day to see Max again while Dina was home sleeping after an all-night vigil."

That particular article has a few inaccuracies in it, particularly where it suggests that police contacted Dina immediately and drove her to the hospital. It actually took quite a while for them to locate her. Reporting errors exist in many of these accounts. What's important is the information that will be revealed during the deposition and discovery process of the WDS investigation. Testimony from employees at Rady and/or video from security cameras will reveal whether or not RZ personally visited Max.

Either way, how is that relevant to anything?

Betty P.-I agree that it is not relevant and was wondering why it was asked to LuckyLucy2. I completely agree with you that everything will be out in the open during the investigation.

I know that if someone was trying to kill me, and bound my hands behind my back, I would be grabbing the end of the rope in an attempt to untie the knot and save myself.

But that's just me.

Betty P.-I agree that it is not relevant and was wondering why it was asked to LuckyLucy2. I completely agree with you that everything will be out in the open during the investigation.

BBM

It was probably asked to LuckyLucy2 because LuckyLucy2 posted 1. ".... (I knew) Rebecca saw Max." 2. " I just said I knew that Rebecca had visited Max." Kinda like that particular poster, posting numerous, numerous times, dina was sitting vigil with MS the night into the early morning before Rebecca was 'discovered'. She knows that. Supposedly. lol

That particular article has a few inaccuracies in it, particularly where it suggests that police contacted Dina immediately and drove her to the hospital. It actually took quite a while for them to locate her. Reporting errors exist in many of these accounts. What's important is the information that will be revealed during the deposition and discovery process of the WDS investigation. Testimony from employees at Rady and/or video from security cameras will reveal whether or not RZ personally visited Max.

Either way, how is that relevant to anything?

BBM

Yep. Just as most of the articles out here, especially the one interviewing and quoting dina herself (I think from some Phoenix Magazine), which is quoted as fact, too many times to count, here in these threads.

I know that if someone was trying to kill me, and bound my hands behind my back, I would be grabbing the end of the rope in an attempt to untie the knot and save myself.

But that's just me.

But, but, but...the Zahaus' say that Rebecca was unconscious, making it impossible for her to hold the rope, so that explanation doesn't work.

No, Rebecca tied the ropes around her wrists and held that end tight when she took her suiciidal plunge off the balcony. There IS no other explanation.

But, but, but...the Zahaus' say that Rebecca was unconscious, making it impossible to hold the rope In that manner, so that explanation doesn't work.

No, Rebecca tied the ropes around her wrists and held that end tight when she took her suiciidal plunge off the balcony. There IS no other explanation.

RBBM -

I respectfully disagree. Another explanation - it is possible the scene was staged.

The scene was contaminated by Adam before LE or EMS arrived. The ME could only speculate how tight the bindings were or were not. The ME could only speculate the blue shirt could have easily been "spit out" or not. Adam admitted to loosening the wrist bindings and blue shirt allegedly to attempt CPR.

^ In the released portions of the voluntary lie detector test he took, Adam never "admitted" to loosening her wrist bindings. He only said he pulled "something" out of her mouth. Can you link an article if I am incorrect?

Rebecca's fingers were already stiff when she was found, which means the rope was in her fingers BEFORE she got stiff. If Adam threw her over the balcony and she was already dead - as the Zahaus' claim, there is NO WAY he could have gotten the rope in her fingers like that. And LE thought so, too.

JMO

^ Adam never "admitted" to loosening her wrist bindings. He only said he pulled "something" out of her mouth. Can you link an article if I am incorrect?

Rebecca's fingers were already stiff when she was found, which means the rope was in her fingers BEFORE she got stiff. If Adam threw her over the balcony and she was already dead - as the Zahaus' claim, there is NO WAY he could have gotten the rope in her fingers like that. And LE thought so, too.

JMO
Again, respectfully disagree. The rope could have been manipulated through her hand. Maybe her hands were stiff, but the rope was able to be moved and/or adjusted.

Yes I have a link. Adam's own words - RBBM

News 8 Exclusive - The polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai
http://www.cbs8.com/story/22221589/n...nttype=generic

Date: 7/13/2011

PR: OK. Tried some CPR?

AS: Yeah

PR: OK. Have you been trained in that? With the boat stuff?

AS: Years and years ago. Not enough to amount to anything.

PR: OK. So, tried some CPR. Now -- and so -- was there anything else unusual? What kind of chain (unintelligible?) was it, like a bed sheet or what?

AS: It was a ******ing rope, man. Red rope. Unless my memory is failing me, you know, something -- it wasn't just something that you would be laying around, somewhere. I wouldn't think.

PR: Alright. So could you tell whether it was a material or something?

AS: Kinda like a Kevlar, synthetic

PR: OK. Like nylon...

PR: Or something like that?

PR: OK, and -- so what, there were no shoes, not a stitch on?

AS: Not that I recall

PR: So her hands were hanging down by her side then?

AS: I don't know because here's the thing. I don't remember about her hands. Because after I cut her down I went to take her pulse -- you know -- at some point, which I didn't even do at first. I remember having to get something out of the way -- of her hands -- and that's why I've been asking these detectives and stuff if she was tied up or what. I mean I'm like, I'm kind of in all a blur [cross talk]...

PR: Blur yeah.

AS: You know but -- but I remember having to move something to try to get her pulse out of the way -- you know very much [cross talk]

More -- RBBM - Adam didn't think Rebecca seemed suicidal? Does that mean she wasn't acting unusual, like at dinner the night before?

PR: You don't remember anything unusual?

AS: I don't remember that, but I just -- I fear -- I hope to God she wasn't tied up but -- and again -- I asked the detectives there -- you know -- I don't recall.

PR: Now as far as the CPR. You did the chest compressions and you did blow in her mouth, in her nose?

AS: I got the -- once I got 9-1-1 on the line, I went ahead and blew in her mouth.

PR: OK. And her mouth was open and clear and everything?

AS: I didn't even do all that at first. I should have. I didn't. I didn't do that tilt. I think they said tilt the head back and do that. I didn't do any of that stuff.

PR: OK

AS: I just put my mouth over hers and said **** it, it's my brother's girlfriend and I'll do it. And I did it.

PR: And there was no tape across her mouth or anything like this?

AS: No. There was a ******ing gag in her mouth though.

PR: A gag in her mouth?

PR: What was that?

AS: Something, yeah. I had to pull something out of her ****ing mouth. It was like a blue scarf.

[time stamp jumps from 7:36:54PM to 7:40:29PM]

PR: Does it seem to you like it's a suicide then at that point?

AS: YES ABSOLUTELY [AS sits forward in chair, then leans back]

PR: OK, and what makes you think that?

AS: It's just what crossed my mind you know -- just because -- I thought she was THERE, when Max got hurt,supposedly. UM UM -- you know maybe she just can't LIVE with it, you know. I've never been in that situation. I'm not going to -- I can't say that I could, especially if it was someone else's kid, you know.

PR: Did she seem suicidal or anything like that?

AS: No. I don't get -- you know, I mean -- you just don't ever think of that.

[time stamp jumps from 7:40:29PM to 8:11:49PM]

Sorry, I don't agree that stiff fingers, after being dead for a few hours, can hours later, be repositioned to hold a rope. And, as I said earlier, the 15 detectives did not think so either.

Again, and according to your quotes, Adam never says he "loosened" the ropes around her wrist. He says he had to move "something" to get her pulse. That certainly would not compromise how her wrists were tied, or where her fingers were.

Adam said that he didn't even think about Rebecca could possibly take her own life on that Tuesday. Even though she was being quiet and odd. Neither did Mary. But that's exactly what she did.

Hind sight is 20\20.

Sad that the Zahaus are trying to blackmail a man that valiantly tried to save their sister. IMO.

http://sdsheriff.net/coronado/

<modsnip>

We will have to agree to disagree on the explanations for the rope in Rebecca's hand.

As as far as my use of the word loosening, imo, semantics. Adam admitted to changing the scene which included her wrists, hands and what he called a "gag". Agree to disagree.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member