Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on this. No indication whatsoever, no evidence whatsoever that Jonah chased skirts and that Rebecca was a passing one-night stand. Sorry whoever claimed she was because Jonah even gave Rebecca a promise ring. Plus they spoke about having children together, according to Rebecca's own diary. And Rebecca would have no reason to lie in her own diary.

As a matter of fact, if Dina herself thought Rebecca was only a fly-by-night girl, why would she need to go STALKING Rebecca and investigating her background for YEARS? Everyone knows if Rebecca was only one of many, Dina would not have been so furious and jealous to go to the extent of INVESTIGATING Rebecca's background. Unless the poster is claiming that Dina is an unreasonable, histrionic NUT who checks out every single girl Jonah dates?

I would check my ex's gf if I was concerned about my child and who was watching them. I've known people who hire private investigators for this reason and for dating purposes, you can't be too careful. I don't think anyone thought Rebecca was a fly by night one night stand chick. Skirt chasers can have wives, girlfriends etc and still be doing their thing. I'm still looking for the interview with the guy who knew Jonah and stated as much about him. Some people just do not know how to be faithful.. Nothing bad on Rebecca about that it is just a thing. Promise rings and Diaries remind me of some childhood sweetheart thing. Fact: No wedding, no engagement ring, no date for marriage and an ultimatum that he needed to back Rebecca with the teen kids or she was possibly leaving does not spell a wonderful magical future if you ask me. You can live with someone and have affairs on the side, it happens all the time.. Jonah and Rebecca were both familiar with such things...Why would it stop then? Why do people always assume that a cheater is going to be faithful to them? Statistics show otherwise.

I'm with you on this. No indication whatsoever, no evidence whatsoever that Jonah chased skirts and that Rebecca was a passing one-night stand. Sorry whoever claimed she was because Jonah even gave Rebecca a promise ring. Plus they spoke about having children together, according to Rebecca's own diary. And Rebecca would have no reason to lie in her own diary.

As a matter of fact, if Dina herself thought Rebecca was only a fly-by-night girl, why would she need to go STALKING Rebecca and investigating her background for YEARS? Everyone knows if Rebecca was only one of many, Dina would not have been so furious and jealous to go to the extent of INVESTIGATING Rebecca's background. Unless the poster is claiming that Dina is an unreasonable, histrionic NUT who checks out every single girl Jonah dates?

I would not call Dina that, as I don't think that she is. In fact I feel she is quite the opposite..a realistic grieving mother. And I think she doesn't care who Jonah dates, but she probably does care who watches her child..or did.

Interesting.. I guess I did not feel that they were that happy for numerous reasons prior to Max's death. One other reason is that Rebecca stated to someone that she felt she loved Jonah more than he loved her and that Now she knew how Neil felt. Not a comment that someone who is in a happy relationship would make IMO. It would also be interesting to know who the guy in Scottsdale was and what his opinion of Rebecca was.
Rebecca was really young compared to JS and in my opinion that's why she believed she loved him more than he loved her. I think he really loved her but was alot more mature and realistic about the way he showed it. Or maybe he was not an openly affectionate person and did not show it at all. I just really don't like the way things went down after Rebecca and Maxie's deaths. I'm sure he is a very private person, but I believe in standing up for the ones you love. My opinions only.

Rebecca was really young compared to JS and in my opinion that's why she believed she loved him more than he loved her. I think he really loved her but was alot more mature and realistic about the way he showed it. Or maybe he was not an openly affectionate person and did not show it at all. I just really don't like the way things went down after Rebecca and Maxie's deaths. I'm sure he is a very private person, but I believe in standing up for the ones you love. My opinions only.

I do too and I feel he did some weird things, and just kinda slunk out of sight. To me not things someone who was all in love with you would do. But thats my opinion. Why was that attorney at his home that morning? Who was he there for? Why repaint the door so fast? Seriously youre going to destroy the last message from your loved one, and then actually put the same door back up? Thats kinda messed up IMO. Theres other things, but not worth going over right now.

I think the her loving him more stems from him not wanting to discipline his children and or have her back on that one..so she thought that meant he didn't love her. I don't know that she wasn't right in her assumptions honestly. I mean I think he picked his kids over women, he can always get another woman. Even the judge said he was a good father and maybe not such a good husband. I get it, but I think she was surprised that he wasn't as taken by her as she thought he should be. I don't think he kissed any womans butt..or that any woman had him wrapped around their finger. Some men just are not that way no matter how hard you try. The very silent, strong type. IMO

Also, (please correct me if I am wrong) I wondered, because it was just one entry in her diary where she wrote she felt she loved him more than he loved her, could it have been a heat of the moment thing? Could she have felt that at the moment when she was upset, that if he didn't have her back with the teen kids that she would leave? A diary entry "feeling" that was written once seems so unspecific to me. It's really neither here nor there. My opinion only

It could be anything I suppose honestly as I am not versed in her diary writings or what exactly was in her diary and or what it was about. So you may well know more than I do about that.

BBM. Excellent point. If RZ was just a skirt Jonah chased, then Dina certainly worked up a borderline psychotic head of steam over his latest "skirt."

Attempts to portray Rebecca as "less than" are really distasteful to me. She wasn't a tramp or a floozy or anything of the sort, from what I've seen. She was a young attractive woman who apparently had enough in common with a wealthy older man that they developed an intimate relationship. Fact of life, folks: Beauty attracts money, and money attracts beauty.

Their relationship was important enough to both of them that she left her job to spend the summer with him and his children in Coronado. From what I've read about Jonah, he'd hardly risk his reputation or fortune importing some flighty chick to his summer home for several weeks.

None of us know Rebecca's demons - why her marriage didn't work out or why she shoplifted. We all have demons. But we do know RZ wasn't standing on a street corner or sitting in a bar or surfing some sugar daddy website when she met Jonah - she was working at a job that she was apparently good at, according to her boss (if I'm recalling things correctly).

Attempts to reduce Rebecca to some insignificant little gold digger fling of Jonah's are not likely to sit well with a jury, imo. They will also go directly to the motive behind her murder, imo.

It could be anything I suppose honestly as I am not versed in her diary writings or what exactly was in her diary and or what it was about. So you may well know more than I do about that.

So sorry SweetT, I was wrong. I thought it was a diary entry but it was in a conversation with Mary

So sorry SweetT, I was wrong. I thought it was a diary entry but it was in a conversation with Mary

No problem. I don't know everything either. Headed to bed now, have a good one.

Jonah did not want to have children with Rebecca, and Rebecca herself seemed to know that the relationship would only last a "few" years. The quote from her diary is:

Note: Ann Rule refers to Neil as "Evan".

"Is this my curse for leaving Evan? That I have finally found someone that I love more than they love me so I could finally feel the pain of constantly giving more than I thought I ever could, then hoping the same in return....in vain? I know he loves me and believe he is as emotionally involved as he knows best, but sometimes it is not enough for me. Is that why I feel this emotional emptiness?
Am I just too much of a coward to fact the truth that I am settling for a few happy years??? Which may never come?? Am I pretending that I will be content without ever having a child????"

Page 228 - Ann Rule's Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors

IMO, any good Mother would check out every single girl that her ex-husband dates AND lets babysit their child. I see that as being cautious, as a Mother should be.

lolol at how the focus of some of these posts are filled with the many horrid wrong-doings [ oh the shame of laying on her horn!!! lol ] of two people (one of them DEAD, imo, murdered, and the other, her very significant other) who are not the ones going on trial!

But, hey, some might read those posts and come to the conclusion...yeppers, those Romano Twins and AS surely had cause to torture and kill that little, beautiful Burmese Princess! Afterall...

Holy freakin crap!!! Rebecca Zahau was TICKETED for excessive use of a car horn!!!

oh the shame!!!

Still searching for the interview with that male friend/colleague or who ever he was with Jonah.

Hi SweetT! I did find one of the articles you are thinking about. There was also another little blurb about Jonah and a cocktail party and how many of the women there he had slept with that is in one of the first threads here. Still looking for that one. This is from a business partner that was unhappy with a deal he and Jonah made so take that into consideration. I snipped the long first part about the business stuff...

Needless to say though I had a signed agreement with Medicis for my initial study on lips and the paper for $280,000 this did not include the expanded studies and the work that would lead to FDA approval in which they promised participation. But Jonah never paid me and ceased to talk to me but [as his wealth increased so did his satyriasis --- his excessive, often uncontrollable sexual desire. Maybe this was his desire to remain forever young. But this illness may very well account for what happened at the Spreckles mansion as it did for the action at Dupont Estate in Deleware.

Arnold W. Klein, MD
Professor of Medicine and Dermatology

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...abs=comments

Oh, and by the way, like it or not, Rebecca Zahau absolutely did fill the role of Max's Mom while in his father's and Rebecca's care.

lolol at how the focus of some of these posts are filled with the many horrid wrong-doings [ oh the shame of laying on her horn!!! lol ] of two people (one of them DEAD, imo, murdered, and the other, her very significant other) who are not the ones going on trial!

But, hey, some might read those posts and come to the conclusion...yeppers, those Romano Twins and AS surely had cause to torture and kill that little, beautiful Burmese Princess! Afterall...

Holy freakin crap!!! Rebecca Zahau was TICKETED for excessive use of a car horn!!!

oh the shame!!!

Have you ever gotten so angry at another driver (or someone?) that you were ticketed for excessive use of your car horn? I haven't - and doesn't seem like that is a ticket they would give out unless it is really over-the-top. It shows a lot of anger, IMO.

lulu, the thing is though, JS is not a defendant in this WDS, nor is he going on trial. 😸

Oh, and by the way, like it or not, Rebecca Zahau absolutely did fill the role of Max's Mom while in his father's and Rebecca's care.

Max had a Mom. Living with your boyfriend for a few months, and babysitting his child does not make you his Mother.

But that's just my opinion.

I wonder if Jonah, who is a good father (commended for that by a judge), was running background checks on Dina's casual boyfriends and sleepover boyfriends? I hope he was! I hope Jonah hired someone to look up every single parking ticket for all of Dina's friends-- male and female. Anyone she associated with. Because even Dina agrees that is what Jonah should have been doing-- checking out every one of her friends that Max was exposed to.

Remember this? The effort failed miserably, but it shows what Dina thinks about the partners and friends of ex-spouses. I'm sure Dina would agree that she herself should be subject to her own ideas about "parental disclosure", and accountable to both Kimberly James and Jonah Shacknai.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ai-quot-Parental-Disclosure-Act-quot-Proposal

I wonder if Kimberly James was running unconsented background checks on Dina before Dina and Jonah married (oh wait-- didn't Dina use an alias while she was having an affair with Jonah?)?

I wonder if Kimberly James should have prevented her teens from having any contact with Dina, after all of the police calls for domestic violence, to Dina and Jonah's home? As I recall, there were 13 calls to police for domestic violence between Dina and Jonah. The kids from the first marriage weren't even teenagers yet when Dina and Jonah were having all their domestic violence episodes. And Max was actually present in the home when they were going at it. Yikes! Poor kid, to be exposed to that. And Dina was studying to try to become a child psychologist at the time?! Holy God! The hypocrisy!

If I were Kimberly James, I wouldn't want my kids around that kind of violence, and I sure as heck wouldn't allow them to have any unsupervised time alone around Dina. Yikes!

And if I were Jonah, I wouldn't want my son or teens around my ex-wife's casual sleepover boyfriends. Yikes!

People who engage in domestic violence are impulsive and unpredictable. That's much, much worse, IMO, than a history of a single non-violent episode of shoplifting (and family court judges certainly agree with that!). Crime statistics about child abuse by boyfriends of a woman with a child from another man, are pretty sobering.

See how that works?

Remember this? There are lots more links available in the media thread and timeline, outlining all the police calls to the Arizona residence Of Dina and Jonah for domestic violence.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15103319/reports-allege-history-of-domestic-violence-in-shacknai-home

^ Everyone that has been sleuthed in this forum is either a Defendant, a Plaintiff, a Witness, worked on the case, or a combination of those things. Howard, Mr. Haager, Mrs. Haager and XZ will also probably be callled witnesses, as will Neil. If this actually makes it to a jury, that is. :notgood:

K_Z: Many thanks for the refresher on All Things Dina. (Yikes! :D)

It occurs to me that Rebecca's character doesn't need to be defended to those who are defending the defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobAMac