Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IQ,

No leap needed its’ a direct route from dishonest selfish actions to not being believed re: Maxi.

All those folk’s -poor little convicted thieves.

BUT just having a police call with no arrest or conviction is relevant….

I’m not familiar with the sexual assault convictions of a player.

Please link preferably with a link with a pleasing hot pink background.

You have a lovely kind heart and I enjoy your postings!

imo

IQ,

No leap needed its’ a direct route from dishonest selfish actions to not being believed re: Maxi.

All those folk’s -poor little convicted thieves.

BUT just having a police call with no arrest or conviction is relevant….

I’m not familiar with the sexual assault convictions of a player. Me, either.....I DID NOT STATE ANYONE WAS CONVICTED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT.

Please link preferably with a link with a pleasing hot pink background.

You have a lovely kind heart and I enjoy your postings!

imo

Geez JADE....How can I possibly respond with any literary outrage when you wrote, "lovely kind heart and I enjoy your postings."?? I hope my previous post did NOT STATE ANYONE WAS CONVICTED OF EITHER sexual assault or physical injury. Perhaps I did not succinctly state my meaning....I would venture to say a lot of complaints are made & filed before police finally intervene, sometimes resulting in arrests, and even more rarely resulting in a conviction. I was trying to emphasize how some "previously" documented incidents from individuals, especially those involving "violence" & "sexual assault" (drug use, too for that matter) tend to get worse without intervention. (I won't insult the intelligence of anyone here by citing some of the cases that have turned into national scandals....people knew, neighbors whispered, co-workers suspected, police called....but no one arrested until it could no longer be contained or denied.)
I don't know what behavioral escalations occur when a shoplifter does not get intervention... but I can't make the leap to bank robbery or violent physical assault.
JADE, I'm going to ask a very, very difficult question (I'm not picking on you fellow contributor, but you just ended up being the person I was responding to, when this thought occurred, Okay?) If a naked dead child, with blood on their thigh, was found in a backyard. Would your mind not even be the slightest bit suspicious if, the person who found the naked dead child, also made the 911 call, put their hands on their body (for resuscitation purposes only, of course) and admitted they might have semen on their hands because they were viewing *advertiser censored* on their phone moments before they walked out and discovered shocking this scene, literally on their front door step?
I have to ask myself, "Is this guy the unluckiest person on the face of the earth?" or "Is this an escalation of documented behavior (interest) to which he has admitted?"
As I have stated before, different sides of the same mirror....obviously the age of the deceased is an issue (sounded worse when I wrote CHILD, huh?). Sounds worse when I wrote "naked"....and it would sound even worse if I wrote hands and feet "bound" with rope.
No matter how or what I write....these events are all suspicious and painful. Everything about this is a continuing tragedy....but, Rebecca was murdered, IMO.

Well, RZ did get intervention and as you say previous acts uncaught are likely have taken place perhaps repeatedly. Applying that logic across the board from violence to shoplifting.

I am suspicious but it is against WS TOS to sleuth unnamed POI’s

Certainly could not blame anyone for suicidal thoughts after a horrific accident with a loved child.

I’m not shocked by the naked or elaborate roping.

Or even hair under the rope as a long haired person I know often tucks it in when it may get tangled.

On the other hand lots of food for thought on murder.

imo

Mug shot here (2009):

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/07/rebecca-nalepa-mug-shot-san-diego-bizarre-hanging-death/

This matter makes her no more or less deserving of a resolution but just shows that a wide brush used to paint other players can be used on her as well.

imo

Reiterations of Dina and Jonah's physically violent pasts:

'I feel scared of what he is capable of doing to me': Millionaire who lost son days after lover was found hanging naked had 'violent marriage' with ex-wife

Couple called police three times with allegations of heated arguments as marriage broke down

"Dina and Jonah Shacknai repeatedly accused each other of physical and verbal abuse as their marriage broke down, and three times the fights became so violent they called police."

"After one incident, Ms Shacknai told Arizona police she was frightened of what her husband was capable of doing to her, claiming he deliberately angered the family dog so it would attack her."

"She also accused her the 54-year-old of elbowing her in the breast, while he responded with allegations that she tried to choke him and once broke his finger."

"He claims his wife laid down on the driveway in front of the car to stop him leaving.
According to the report, she then 'jumped on the front of the car... tried to push her way into the car... slapping him around the face and shoulders.'

"In a letter to police after the incident, Mr Shacknai claimed his wife had a history of physically attacking him.
He wrote: 'I have been assaulted physically several times by my wife, Dina Shacknai... I was treated for a broken finger as a consequence of one such assault.'

He also claimed his became angry and irrational when she had been drinking, and blamed the bruises she said were from the dog on a 'bruising disorder'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lent-marriage-ex-wife-Dina.html#ixzz3CC9LLe11

It's a gargantuan leap in logic to believe that Rebecca's one shoplifting incident (in which no one was physically harmed) will cause Rebecca to become physically violent so much so she not only injures a child but also decides to then kill herself in an outrageously violent, self-deprecating manner, whereas Dina and Jonah had a *documented history* and *pattern of physical assaults and violence upon one another* so Dina and Jonah becoming physically violent and committing murder is not a big leap at all.

One-time shoplifter abruptly becomes murderer/suicider just does not sound reasonable. at. all.

Volatile, physically violent, aggressive, uncontrollable rage-a-holics with a HISTORY and PATTERN of physical violence become murderers, yes. Definitely makes sense.

It's a gargantuan leap in logic to believe that Rebecca's one shoplifting incident (in which no one was physically harmed) will cause Rebecca to become physically violent so much so she not only injures a child but also decides to then kill herself in an outrageously violent, self-deprecating manner, whereas Dina and Jonah had a *documented history* and *pattern of physical assaults and violence upon one another* so Dina and Jonah becoming physically violent and committing murder is not a big leap at all.

One-time shoplifter abruptly becomes murderer/suicider just does not sound reasonable. at. all.

Volatile, physically violent, aggressive, uncontrollable rage-a-holics with a HISTORY and PATTERN of physical violence become murderers, yes. Definitely makes sense.

What the heck, Bourne? You certainly don't think that was Rebecaa's one and only time to shoplift? From the fact that she took $1000 worth of jewelry at the age of 30, IMO, she had shoplifted many, many times before. And wasn't there something about Rebecca having to take an anger management class for a car incident? I remember reading that here, and will look for it.

IMO, Rebecca had many demons.

What the heck, Bourne? You certainly don't think that was Rebecaa's one and only time to shoplift? From the fact that she took $1000 worth of jewelry at the age of 30, IMO, she had shoplifted many, many times before. And wasn't there something about Rebecca having to take an anger management class for a car incident? I remember reading that here, and will look for it.

Rebecca had many demons? Are you kidding me? Enlighten us, would you?

Well, RZ did get intervention and as you say previous acts uncaught are likely have taken place perhaps repeatedly. Applying that logic across the board from violence to shoplifting. (I won't disagree)

I am suspicious but it is against WS TOS to sleuth unnamed POI’s Bbm, JADE at least we agree on the first part...suspicious (unfortunately)

Certainly could not blame anyone for suicidal thoughts after a horrific accident with a loved child.

Or even hair under the rope as a long haired person I know often tucks it in when it may get tangled. (Good point, I hadn't thought of that, but the killer may have also decided on top of her hair was easier than under....remember, the mirror has two sides)

imo
JADE BBM above and thoughts in red.
You have given me lots of things to consider, too. I looked up the legal definition of POI (wikipedia etc) and this is what I understand: It has no legal meaning, but refers to someone in whom the police are "interested", either because the person is cooperating with the investigation, may have information that would assist the investigation, or possesses certain characteristics that merit further attention.
1) Cooperating: As in someone voluntarily taking a Lie Detector Test?
2) May have information: Perhaps hearing a disturbance or being the "only" person who saw RZ hanging?
3) Possesses certain characteristics: Such as nautical "macrame" skills, similar to those found on deceased?
What's the old saying, "If it walks like a duck"...it must be a POI." Anyone with direct or contributing information can be a POI
Ps, Should we move over to PM's?...Our public, yet informal persiflage must be boring for others to follow.

Yes I had said the same in one of my posts above. I think JS knew something evil was a-brewing. He and Dina likely exchanged heated words at the hospital with his telling Dina "Rebecca saved Max. She gave him CPR." Why else would Nina keep mentioning that in her interview to CBS? That Rebecca said she gave Max CPR...I just wanted to ask Rebecca questions on what happened to Max...That's why I texted her and went over to the mansion that night...

With Dina's explosive, violent personality, it's hard to imagine JS was unaware of what might possibly happen.

But did he personally lay his own hand in assaulting, tying Rebecca with ropes, putting noose around her neck and throwing Rebecca over the balcony of his beloved Spreckels? Methinks not.

To IP, if I came on strong, it's because in the past you've also implied that Jonah or his older teen children had a direct hand in either causing the accident of his own son Max over the interior balcony or that he forced Rebecca to cover up for his other teen children and that Jonah then cut the chandelier down to cover up Max's accident -- implications which I find reprehensible and without reason and evidence. No, I do not believe his teens were involved in Max's accident. And no, I do not believe Jonah coerced Rebecca to then lie about his teens either. No I do not believe he went and got some type of tool, climbed atop a ladder and cut down the chandelier.

I believe Rebecca was a moral, upright person who would not lie about something so serious and jeopardize the life of Max for the sake of covering up for two teens, and to hold on to her love for Jonah... No one would do such an amoral thing unless they harbor evil and selfish intent in their hearts. I do not believe Rebecca was such a person.

I don't know what to think about the timing and the reports from the day of MS' tragic fall. JS is the ONLY person who would be considered a POI in RZ's horrific death that was actually seen on camera at the hospital during the pertinent time frame. He is the ONLY one with an actual alibi. While I do find this to be very, very convenient for the ONLY person who has the means to have a high powered and very connected former SD DA show up at the scene the morning of RZ's death (not MS' fall though) and be behind the crime scene tape. It certainly raises an eyebrow, but since JS has an alibi and is on video (as per SDSO) I have to concede that he, himself did not actually harm RZ that awful night.

Since the clothes Rebecca was wearing on that date were not found at the scene, did Rebecca even take a shower?

We know that they took a towel. So perhaps even though SDSO didn't bother to test the blood they claimed was menstrual, they tested the towel for skin cells or hair adhering to it and thus determined that RZ showered. Was the towel wet? IMO the towel could have been something used to cover her head or muffle her screams and would have produced the same skin cells and hair. I'm not stating that they DID test for these things, I'm simply thinking out loud. IF they did indeed test that towel, I think they **probably** would have said something about it. Yet if they had, that would have only opened up more questions for all the things they did not test.

Well, RZ did get intervention and as you say previous acts uncaught are likely have taken place perhaps repeatedly. Applying that logic across the board from violence to shoplifting.

I am suspicious but it is against WS TOS to sleuth unnamed POI’s

Or even hair under the rope as a long haired person I know often tucks it in when it may get tangled.

imo

Please kindly explain what intervention RZ had and provide a link. As to tucking the hair in, can you elaborate on that? Most people with long hair would put their hair up if it might get tangled. TIA! :seeya:

Reiterations of Dina and Jonah's physically violent pasts:

'I feel scared of what he is capable of doing to me': Millionaire who lost son days after lover was found hanging naked had 'violent marriage' with ex-wife

Couple called police three times with allegations of heated arguments as marriage broke down

"Dina and Jonah Shacknai repeatedly accused each other of physical and verbal abuse as their marriage broke down, and three times the fights became so violent they called police."

"After one incident, Ms Shacknai told Arizona police she was frightened of what her husband was capable of doing to her, claiming he deliberately angered the family dog so it would attack her."

"She also accused her the 54-year-old of elbowing her in the breast, while he responded with allegations that she tried to choke him and once broke his finger."

"He claims his wife laid down on the driveway in front of the car to stop him leaving.
According to the report, she then 'jumped on the front of the car... tried to push her way into the car... slapping him around the face and shoulders.'

"In a letter to police after the incident, Mr Shacknai claimed his wife had a history of physically attacking him.
He wrote: 'I have been assaulted physically several times by my wife, Dina Shacknai... I was treated for a broken finger as a consequence of one such assault.'

He also claimed his became angry and irrational when she had been drinking, and blamed the bruises she said were from the dog on a 'bruising disorder'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lent-marriage-ex-wife-Dina.html#ixzz3CC9LLe11

This is something that is often swept under the rug, in terms of "sometimes things get ugly when couples are splitting up" or "no charges were ever filed". Yet there are a myriad of LE reports about these domestic incidents. I understand that some people don't wish to acknowledge that things like this happen and like to keep it under the radar, but how many cases have we seen here at WS where there was LE involvement and no charges were filed but someone ended up dead? I think JS/DS are lucky that their domestic violence never turned into something like that. It's the same pattern we see over and over and over again on WS. Calls to police, parties decline charges. Just recently a lady from Chicago was murdered in Bali and her daughter and her boyfriend are accused of the crime. Pages and pages of LE reports for domestic issues came out after the arrests.

I can't recall reading anything about a car incident. Please kindly provide links for this new accusation. Also it may be your opinion that RZ had shoplifted more than once but there is no proof of that. So until I see proof of this, I don't need to believe other's opinions on the subject. Just as other's don't need to believe mine. A lone shoplifting complaint (which, IIRC, RZ was NOT convicted of) compared to many many LE reports of domestic violence in a home where a minor child resided? I'm sorry, making a mountain out of a mole hill will not make the ugly business that went on between JS & DS in their home where their child resided any less awful.

ALWAYS MOO

Not boring at all!

I still lean toward 'murdered', not the least because of the deeply humiliating nature of Rebecca's death. No dignity at all... a most unusual way for a woman to kill herself, let alone knowing she'd be found that way... Added to that, there were several people in the area with every reason in the world to want her dead, and maybe also see her humiliated in the process, which makes more sense of the strangeness of it all, IMO.

Also, I have to agree that repeated domestic violence is very obviously a much more likely precursor to murder than a shoplifting charge. I mean, really obviously.

Since the clothes Rebecca was wearing on that date were not found at the scene, did Rebecca even take a shower?

These are important questions that those who promote the suicide theory still haven't answered -

What happened to Becky's clothing that she wore that day and evening?

What happened to the tape that was used to bind her legs?

The jury will be asking these questions, too.

Not boring at all!

I still lean toward 'murdered', not the least because of the deeply humiliating nature of Rebecca's death. No dignity at all... a most unusual way for a woman to kill herself, let alone knowing she'd be found that way... Added to that, there were several people in the area with every reason in the world to want her dead, and maybe also see her humiliated in the process, which makes more sense of the strangeness of it all, IMO.

Also, I have to agree that repeated domestic violence is very obviously a much more likely precursor to murder than a shoplifting charge. I mean, really obviously.
AUSGIRL, Welcome to the American thread: home of Double-Stuff Oreos, Budlight, and Chupacabras around the hot tub! I have followed only one international case, the death of Mrs. Baden-Clay. There are similarities in the defense....she was depressed 10 years earlier.....so her death must have been a suicide (according to the defense attorney) NOT! Her husband was having an affair, given an ultimatum by the mistress, and there were signs of a physical confrontation (the scratch marks on his face.) I have to admit, I was instantly intrigued when I read "bootscooting classes".....I guess our descriptions are odd, too. Thanks for your observations from The Land Down Under. IQ

AUSGIRL, Welcome to the American thread: home of Double-Stuff Oreos, Budlight, and Chupacabras around the hot tub! I have followed only one international case, the death of Mrs. Baden-Clay. There are similarities in the defense....she was depressed 10 years earlier.....so her death must have been a suicide (according to the defense attorney) NOT! Her husband was having an affair, given an ultimatum by the mistress, and there were signs of a physical confrontation (the scratch marks on his face.) I have to admit, I was instantly intrigued when I read "bootscooting classes".....I guess our descriptions are odd, too. Thanks for your observations from The Land Down Under. IQ

Lol, IQ...I had to look up Chupacabras and boot scooting. And I will take the Leinenkugel Summer Shandy over Budlight!

Not boring at all!

Welcome Ausgirl!

:welcome::greetings::australia:

I have NOT made a connection to RZ shoplifting and murdering.

I made a connection to dishonesty in response to the post about RZ being “a moral upright person who would not lie”.

Never have I theorized that RZ murdered Maxi!

imo

SDSO)

Respectfully snipped

Please kindly explain what intervention RZ had and provide a link. As to tucking the hair in, can you elaborate on that? Most people with long hair would put their hair up if it might get tangled. TIA! :seeya:

ALWAYS MOO

Link as provided previously ^:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/07/rebecca-nalepa-mug-shot-san-diego-bizarre-hanging-death/

Police revealed that she was grabbed by the store’s security guards before they called them and she was arrested.

Nalepa pled guilty to a misdemeanor and paid a $500 fine before attending a shoplifting ‘diversion’ course.

Friends with very long glossy hair never pull it back and tear at those sleek strands, no way.

So that most would put it up is subjective according to personal experience but it is not surprising or indicative of evidence. But that is neither here nor there as IF it was suicide then there is no way a non suicide person can conceive of the choices. From another case why get your hair and nails done before so with RZ why protect your hair as with others we can only guess.

imo

I have NOT made a connection to RZ shoplifting and murdering.

I made a connection to dishonesty in response to the post about RZ being “a moral upright person who would not lie”.

Never have I theorized that RZ murdered Maxi!

imo

My logical connections are adjuncts to your "opinion".

So, to the posters who think/believe Rebecca murdered herself, what did she do with the clothes she had on that day/evening? What did she do with the tape (or band-aids lol) that was on her legs?

Depositions, depositions and more depositions. Long time coming. Can't wait.

Friends with very long glossy hair never pull it back and tear at those sleek strands, no way.

So that most would put it up is subjective according to personal experience but it is not surprising or indicative of evidence. But that is neither here nor there as IF it was suicide then there is no way a non suicide person can conceive of the choices. From another case why get your hair and nails done before so with RZ why protect your hair as with others we can only guess.

imo

Really? Friends with "glossy" hair *never* pull it back? Why would pulling it back mean you tear at the "sleek" strands?

So no friends of yours with long hair put their hair up in buns or under a hair cap? Hmm...something's not right in the land of Oz.

The same way we can only guess why a murderer would do all those outrageous, humiliating things to Rebecca either. Who knows the reason and motive for what a rage-a-holic, violent, volatile person thinks and does while going through a tantrum? We can only guess and some of us base our *educated, informed* guesses on past history of behaviors of the people.

What the dillio? Yes I do believe Rebecca only shoplifted that one time and the charge was DROPPED. Because are you kidding me, if Dina and her posse found any other alleged, supposed, presumed criminality of Rebecca, wouldn't you believe they'd have posted and shouted it from the roof top by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro