Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeDee, Rebecca Zahau did not do this to herself:

Not only that, but even IF someone were to tie their feet together for a suicide, why would they go to t he trouble of such an elaborate knot... it doesn't make sense on so many levels, let alone it seem impossible to get out to and over the balcony. And, dirty feet although they claimed she showered....so frustrating they got away with calling this a suicide.

Wow!
Users Browsing this Forum
There are currently 47 users browsing this forum. (2 members & 45 guests)

Where "this forum" = http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?456-Rebecca-Zahau-Nalepa

+ 10min ETA:
Users Browsing this Forum
There are currently 13 users browsing this forum. (2 members & 11 guests)

Hi all. I've never posted here, but I've been lurking the whole time. From the point I heard about Rebecca's hair being under the rope to now (blatant lies, ignored and investigated details) I believed this was murder. I posted at Patch, until it became useless. So, why now? I thought it was important to acknowledge that there are many of us watching and hoping for justice for Rebecca. I have nothing to add but support to the Zahau family!

That's a lot of dirt on her feet......there is DIRT under the balcony so when did the PATIO SPRINKLERS come on Wed. morning? The hanging description having her several feet OFF THE GROUND so that makes me wonder if she was bound "straight-up" on the dirt for awhile under the balcony during or just after the sprinklers were on. Adam also had dirt on his feet to "track" while going inside the Mansion to grab the knife to allegedly cut RZ down. Incredibly, the DIRT was probably never tested.....why?

Hi all. I've never posted here, but I've been lurking the whole time. From the point I heard about Rebecca's hair being under the rope to now (blatant lies, ignored and investigated details) I believed this was murder. I posted at Patch, until it became useless. So, why now? I thought it was important to acknowledge that there are many of us watching and hoping for justice for Rebecca. I have nothing to add but support to the Zahau family!

Thanks for signing up and coming here to post! It's heartening to hear from you and any of past lurkers :)

That's a lot of dirt on her feet......there is DIRT under the balcony so when did the PATIO SPRINKLERS come on Wed. morning? The hanging description having her several feet OFF THE GROUND so that makes me wonder if she was bound "straight-up" on the dirt for awhile under the balcony during or just after the sprinklers were on. Adam also had dirt on his feet to "track" while going inside the Mansion to grab the knife to allegedly cut RZ down. Incredibly, the DIRT was probably never tested.....why?

Good questions... I was also just thinking about how much of the house and grounds should have been included in any forensic evidence gathering, but was it? And your post did make me wonder about testing the dirt, looking at Adam's shoes, taking DNA from doors/door knobs/in the kitchen, and so on. It should be easy to tell the difference between dust on the balcony and dirt on the ground.

Reminds me also of the discrepancy of the footprints on the balcony

Article was RSBM

IMHO, this lawsuit will not yield a profit for the Zahau family for the reasons listed above that prove no one was present with RZ in the mansion that evening and all evidence only leads to RZ.

ITA. I feel sorry for the Zahau family because I think they've been mislead by lawyers eager to keep this going because they want publicity for themselves. I've seen lawyers drag out divorces and child custody cases for years and they are the only winners financially. Mom, dad and the children sure aren't winners.

Allegations that they don't have an alibi or allegations about what the investigators didn't do are not "evidence." The type of knot used is not evidence that AS tied the knot. To win a wrongful death lawsuit, there has to be actual evidence the defendants caused the death and I have yet to see any.

Thanks for signing up and coming here to post! It's heartening to hear from you and any of past lurkers :)

I am also a long-time lurker and, even though I know this is unpopular here, I agree with DeDee and MyBelle. I just don't see this going anywhere - the lack of physical evidence is not evidence. I feel for the Zahaus', but it was clearly a suicide, IMHO.

A two-month investigation found only Rebecca Zahau's DNA and fingerprints on the rope, the bedpost and the knife used to cut the rope. No other DNA or fingerprints were present. Only Rebecca Zahau's footprints were found in the dust on the balcony, evidencing that she maneuvered in a linear path alone to the balcony barrier so she could drop herself over and commit suicide.

There were no signs of struggle, nor any toxicology results to suggest this fit, strong young woman was in any way incapacitated. And the autopsy confirmed that death was caused by the hanging itself, ruling out any possibility that the hanging was staged to mask some other violent act. For someone to have killed Rebecca, as Ms. Bremner and the cable news talking heads have repeatedly asserted, they would have had to have been wearing a space suit and somehow levitated over the scene.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/dr-phil-show/

This current lawsuit may not go anywhere but to admit you are a long time lurker and with all the Questions posed on this website alone and you still buy Gore's Suicide Theory.......in fact you say CLEARLY a suicide. If anything, examining all the evidence the public has been given plus Ann Rule's book [ Fatal Friends,Deadly Neighbors] the CLEARLY part is HOMICIDE.

I would like to know the clothes Adam was wearing Tuesday early evening at Rady Hospital (via security videos) after arriving and the clothes he had on when police arrived the next morning. He said he took a shower but I read in some Report when the ME Investigator entered the guesthouse and saw underwear on floor and a CLOSED suitcase on the other bed. Why was it closed.....wasn't he going to stay awhile?

Good questions... I was also just thinking about how much of the house and grounds should have been included in any forensic evidence gathering, but was it? And your post did make me wonder about testing the dirt, looking at Adam's shoes, taking DNA from doors/door knobs/in the kitchen, and so on. It should be easy to tell the difference between dust on the balcony and dirt on the ground.

Reminds me also of the discrepancy of the footprints on the balcony

If RZ's DIRT was from under the balcony......what say you Adam? I have yet to READ any explanation from Adam on the difficulties he encountered after allegedly cutting down Rebecca.....this has made me believe he didn't cut her down. Here was Adam on a 3 legged table trying to hold a dead body on one arm and yet use the other to cut the rope with the knife from the kitchen and he never said anything...fell down,scraped my arm, shoulder bruise, turned my ankle when table turned over, had to drop the knife so I didn't wind up stabbing myself,etc.

I am also a long-time lurker and, even though I know this is unpopular here, I agree with DeDee and MyBelle. I just don't see this going anywhere - the lack of physical evidence is not evidence. I feel for the Zahaus', but it was clearly a suicide, IMHO.

A two-month investigation found only Rebecca Zahau's DNA and fingerprints on the rope, the bedpost and the knife used to cut the rope. No other DNA or fingerprints were present. Only Rebecca Zahau's footprints were found in the dust on the balcony, evidencing that she maneuvered in a linear path alone to the balcony barrier so she could drop herself over and commit suicide.

There were no signs of struggle, nor any toxicology results to suggest this fit, strong young woman was in any way incapacitated. And the autopsy confirmed that death was caused by the hanging itself, ruling out any possibility that the hanging was staged to mask some other violent act. For someone to have killed Rebecca, as Ms. Bremner and the cable news talking heads have repeatedly asserted, they would have had to have been wearing a space suit and somehow levitated over the scene.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/dr-phil-show/

My house was broken into last month with very random things missing. Oddly the most expensive items were not stolen. We called the police and and a thorough investigation was done. There were no fingerprints, no signs of break in, or DNA found anywhere. All we had was a safe open with the important papers and belongings gone. Does this mean the house broke into itself?

If RZ's DIRT was from under the balcony......what say you Adam? I have yet to READ any explanation from Adam on the difficulties he encountered after allegedly cutting down Rebecca.....this has made me believe he didn't cut her down. Here was Adam on a 3 legged table trying to hold a dead body on one arm and yet use the other to cut the rope with the knife from the kitchen and he never said anything...fell down,scraped my arm, shoulder bruise, turned my ankle when table turned over, had to drop the knife so I didn't wind up stabbing myself,etc.
How did Adam cut her down without leaving his DNA on the rope?

I have also entertained that theory.

I would also like to see the Forensic Report on all blood collected inside the bedrooms,shower, RZ's body on the TYPE of Blood Analysis that was done. I read several articles over the years with this case in mind and one in particular stands out because SDSO never did their due diligence with Adam Shacknai.....the only other KNOWN person inside Spreckels Mansion. We know he is single and has a girlfriend and takes Ambien for sleeping problems, uses his iphone at times for personal gratification and had much more experience with ropes and rope knots than the deceased found on the grounds. Here is a portion of that article that I wrote down in my notes.
Blood Analysis
--------------------
Microscopes are also used to see individual sperm, but this technique is not accurate, as a rapist who has had a vasectomy or is sterile would NOT SHOW sperm under a microscope, even if they committed a rape.However, blood, semen and urine samples all contain DNA, which is slightly more accurate [and expensive] in singling out the criminal.

How did Adam cut her down without leaving his DNA on the rope?

He must've worn gloves IF he cut her down but he did handle parts of the rope according to his previous statements. Could you imagine if polygrapher Paul Redden asked that very Question if Adam went back for Poly Test #2 and said," I wore gloves." Talk about breaking open the Case....

Yes. It always bothers me when I read that Rebecca was "found hanging." There is only Adam's claim that he found her hanging, but I have never believed that either.

I would also like to see the Forensic Report on all blood collected inside the bedrooms,shower, RZ's body on the TYPE of Blood Analysis that was done. I read several articles over the years with this case in mind and one in particular stands out because SDSO never did their due diligence with Adam Shacknai.....the only other KNOWN person inside Spreckels Mansion. We know he is single and has a girlfriend and takes Ambien for sleeping problems, uses his iphone at times for personal gratification and had much more experience with ropes and rope knots than the deceased found on the grounds. Here is a portion of that article that I wrote down in my notes.
Blood Analysis
--------------------
Microscopes are also used to see individual sperm, but this technique is not accurate, as a rapist who has had a vasectomy or is sterile would NOT SHOW sperm under a microscope, even if they committed a rape.However, blood, semen and urine samples all contain DNA, which is slightly more accurate [and expensive] in singling out the criminal.

Jonah is also quite capable with nautical knots........he owns 2 boats docked about a 10 minute walk from Spreckels.

DeDee, LuckyLucy and MyBelle, I am wondering--what is your opinion about the Board game described by InParadise in Post #136:

"Mrs. Gore made a joke out of the whole thing and presented the Chief of Coronado PD a board game that she made, using the names, events of Maxie and Rebecca's deaths, at his retirement ceremony/party in front of 150+ people."

ITA. I feel sorry for the Zahau family because I think they've been mislead by lawyers eager to keep this going because they want publicity for themselves. I've seen lawyers drag out divorces and child custody cases for years and they are the only winners financially. Mom, dad and the children sure aren't winners.

Allegations that they don't have an alibi or allegations about what the investigators didn't do are not "evidence." The type of knot used is not evidence that AS tied the knot. To win a wrongful death lawsuit, there has to be actual evidence the defendants caused the death and I have yet to see any.

If your correct, then an investigation and depositions will certainly clear all three of them. Alibis and unanswered questions will be clarified. I can imagine they (Dina, Nina and Adam) must be very excited to clear their names this way. I've already expressed on here more than once I will gladly offer my sincerest condolences to Dina, Nina or Adam on here if it turns out they have hid nothing and are cleared of anything nefarious. If I was an innocent Dina and wanted to find out how my dead son "really" died, I'd be immensely grateful for this potential opportunity to blow these 2 cases wide open. Max and Rebecca deserve nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme