Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a dumb question as I'm watching 20/20.....

Were there abrasions or bruises on Rebecca's belly? I would assume if she did hurl herself over that balcony, naked, she'd have some abrasions on her belly.

This is a link to Dr. Lucas’s autopsy report:
http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Other/zahau, rebecca_report.pdf

“Abdomen: On the lateral right lower quadrant of the abdomen there is a ¼ inch pale red abrasion. Just inferior to that is a discontinuous, faint, 1 x 1/8 inch, thin, linear abrasion. On the left lower quadrant of the abdomen along the curvature of the left iliac spine there is a 3/8 x ¼ red abrasion.”

“There is green discoloration of each lower quadrant of the abdomen. Skip slips with pressure.”

(Is that a spelling mistake, would it be Skin slips with pressure?)

“Back: There are many punctate, linear, and slightly irregular abrasions on the back, extending from the neck to the mid buttocks and from each side of the back to the other….”

Seems like there is a lot more injuries to the back than the abdomen.

Questions for tomorrow...

What is the known relationship between Jonah and Adam? Were they close? Would you expect Adam to rush out to be there for JS?

Is there any explanation for JS claiming to have left a message for Rebecca saying Max was deteriorating when in fact he was showing signs of improvement at that time?

What are your thoughts on the presumptive positive results in Max's toxicology report?

Do you plan on showing Rebecca's center of gravity on the railing and how that wouldn't have worked?

Just watched the 20/20 episode. For the life of me I don't remember there being a witchcraft book at the crime scene, depicting thing oneself up with red rope. ( as mentioned on 20/20). I guess I read into so many crimes and things get shuffled in my memory.

I hope this civil trial opens up new evidence and squashes false rumors & let's the truth out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

O/T for some comic relief. IMO Gutless (San Diego sheriff) Gore knows his days are numbered.

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - A debate between candidates for San Diego County sheriff did not go as planned Thursday night.

County Sheriff Bill Gore and candidate Dave Myers were scheduled to face off in a public debate at Clairemont High School, but Gore's office said he could not attend due to a scheduling conflict.

Myers, expecting Gore to not appear, went on with the debate anyway by placing a cardboard cutout of the sheriff next to him.

The challenger said he believes Gore refuses to debate him in public.

https://www.10news.com/news/challen...-san-diego-county-sheriff-bill-gore-to-debate

:laugh:

dave_myers_bill_gore_cardboard_1519996870921_79764078_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Just watched the 20/20 episode. For the life of me I don't remember there being a witchcraft book at the crime scene, depicting thing oneself up with red rope. ( as mentioned on 20/20). I guess I read into so many crimes and things get shuffled in my memory.

I hope this civil trial opens up new evidence and squashes false rumors & let's the truth out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

JMO, there was some mention of that in the last year or so. Most here have found it extremely unusual that SDSO took the time to search all the books in the room and read them for hints of suicidal ideation, yet failed to test or even retrieve numerous items of evidence. The list of standard evidence not gathered or tested for this case is extremely long.

For example, no phone records were retrieved, IIRC, other than Rebecca's. No one knows who Adam or Jonah called that night, just prior to RZ committing suicide. No one knows who else Adam may have called or texted that night, possibly to get advice on how to clean up the scene (I believe he had help).

There were also drink cans in the death room that weren't tested. The blood in the shower wasn't tested. No one looked for the clothes she wore that day. No one went through trash cans, etc. in the rest of the mansion. No one tested the security system at the mansion to see if it worked or to confirm whether it was turned on.

But they went through all the books in the house to find one that had a reference to knots and hanging. Talk about confirmation bias. They also didn't check to see if there was evidence RZ had even touched that book or questioned anyone to see who purchased the book, placed it there and when. The information is just tossed out as a red herring.

ETA: There were a couple of chilling moments in Jonah's interview last night.

The first was when he discussed calling or texting RZ, allegedly just before she died. When recalling that incident, I could see anger and a flash of rage in his face and voice. He framed it in terms of Max's health status that night. Based on that flash of real rage and anger, I definitely think he was enraged with RZ about his son's accident, angry enough to cause harm, JMO. He was (and still is) furious with her for what happened.

The second was when Jonah answered the question about the knots used to bind RZ's hands and feet. He casually mentioned that she used to ride on his boat and was always glad to jump off the boat and scramble to tie it up. Like she was some kind of obedient puppy trying to please him. He didn't teach her those knots,he implies she learned them on her own. But as the knot expert on the 20/20 explained, they were not the kind of knots average people would know how to use. JMO, the knots are a very real weakness in Adam's defense. They have no legit means of explaining them away.

Thank you Betty. Mr. Greer is going to call tomorrow and do a quick interview. I will post it on this thread as soon as I can. If anyone has any questions please post them here. Thank you.

:tyou: Thank you soooo much! :tyou:

I hope during his 2020 interview, JS explains why he LIED about his message to Rebecca the night she was murdered. Max was improving at that point, not deteriorating. So why did you lie?

Hi I followed this case pretty close back in the day, and am glad to find this thread!

Does anyone have info on JS lying about his message? That's new to me. I always wondered what the message said, and don't recall it ever coming out years ago.

Hi I followed this case pretty close back in the day, and am glad to find this thread!

Does anyone have info on JS lying about his message? That's new to me. I always wondered what the message said, and don't recall it ever coming out years ago.

Rebecca's attorney is asserting that, since Max's condition wasn't declining the night of her death and that the family still had hope of his recovery, that Jonah wouldn't have been calling her with bad news.

Check out the 20/20 show from last night. Atty Keith Greer discusses his theory.

Rebecca's attorney is asserting that, since Max's condition wasn't declining the night of her death and that the family still had hope of his recovery, that Jonah wouldn't have been calling her with bad news.

Check out the 20/20 show from last night. Atty Keith Greer discusses his theory.

Thank you, getting ready to watch it now!

I tried, sorry Rebecca; Jonah turned my stomach until I tasted bile. The worst of the worst and the most plastic man alive. Sickening.

Why am I not surprised AS says he took a sleeping pill that night.

He knew he needed to convince them he was sleeping all night, but I don't get it, because he truly thought it was a suicide right?

Only the guilty need to convince. If it was suicide he had no need.

Same as saying in his lie detector test that the door was open when he went to get a knife to cut her down. Thanks for the explanation that wasn't asked for, buddy. It shines a beacon right where we need it, on your guilty knowledge and lies.

I just watched it a second time. JMO, it's biased in favor of the Shacknai family. It has the usual signs of influence from Jonah's legal and PR teams.

Information the show didn't cover:

No mention of evidence of manual strangulation on RZ's neck

No mention of the steak knife handle covered with RZ's cells and DNA indicating rape

No mention of evidence the death scene and evidence was wiped down to remove DNA and fingerprints

The discussion of the book on witchcraft is still bizarre. No such item was ever mentioned as part of the investigation. The book is not mentioned anywhere in the search warrants or police/detective reports. JMO, if it actually existed and was there in the house, it's only brought up in the news media as an attempt to smear RZ. There's always been some "gaslighting" of RZ in news stories and on social media, reflecting the Shacknais bigotry, sexism and xenophobia. She's a foreigner. She practiced occult stuff. She's a hysterical, greedy woman who wanted Jonah's money, etc. All that is hinted at in this 20/20 epi and the Shacknais have been doing this for years.

As the retired detective/ consultant in the 20/20 epi said, this investigation needs to be re-opened. All the evidence needs to be reviewed again. At the top of the list should be administering a poly exam to Jonah Shacknai and the Romano sisters. Also review the phone records of AS, JS and the Romoanos.

Why am I not surprised AS says he took a sleeping pill that night.

He knew he needed to convince them he was sleeping all night, but I don't get it, because he truly thought it was a suicide right?

Only the guilty need to convince. If it was suicide he had no need.

Same as saying in his lie detector test that the door was open when he went to get a knife to cut her down. Thanks for the explanation that wasn't asked for, buddy. It shines a beacon right where we need it, on your guilty knowledge and lies.

JMO, Adam was coached on what to do that night and what to say the next morning. Pfingst?

I’m not up on this case, but am wondering how no dna of the brother was found if he cut her down and claims to have performed cpr on her. At least that’s what I read. Anyone? TIA

I'm not about to watch 20/20 because while I'd like to see what Greer has to say, I'm not about to wade through the rest of the sewage. Never watched the lying Anthonys on TV or video, either. Liars make me yell and want to throw things. So thanks to all here who watched and are sharing their impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313