Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think she was never hung from the balcony and was killed somewhere in the house. This explains no DNA on the rope cut and the lack of footprints on the balcony, and the issue of the bed inconsistent movement. It was tugged to appear she was hung. The fall would have ‘virtually decapitated her’ which was not the case too...

The house was covered with stucco, which is sharp. If someone pushed you hard against a wall, while you were running away naked, would it cause the numerous pinprick lacerations on her back? Mr Greer said that the injuries were underneath her arms behind her back, the police said it was ‘foliage’ at the hanging site, but mt Greer says this does not make sense. Maybe the scream was heard when she was caught in this fashion. Do we know the time of the reported scream?

The stucco on this house had a smooth finish.

Finally had a chance to watch 20/20 special.

There are definitely a lot of things left out and some outright wrong. The mention of the hanging room as "Rebecca's Room" is weird. That they did not mention the panties in the guest house or Rebecca's missing clothes. Though they did talk of reopening the case and alluded to the mishandling of the investigation.

There are SO many things wrong with the way these deaths were investigated. You could definitely hear a ring of the tone we have all heard for years from those who support the suicide ruling. I definitely thought what they showed about AS made him appear highly suspicious.

Also can totally see why JS' handlers would have wanted to keep him away from the media. Yikes. Totally heebie jeebies from him. Very cold behind a carefully held veneer.

The whole witchcraft thing has me scratching my head too. Remember all the fuss about that housekeeper movie? IIRC there was some talk about a book about bondage but certainly not witchcraft. No mention of the movie now either.

I hope all this attention and the civil trial get BOTH Rebecca and Max's cases reopened and there is justice for them both.

This has always stunk to high heaven and will never pass the smell test unless it is properly investigated.

ALWAYS MOO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That room was used by Rebecca when she was painting because of the wonderful natural light.......Dina used it as a make-up room for the same reason. This was not the room where Rebecca slept........she and Jonah shared the Master BR, which was on the other side of the house, adjacent to the large patio on the second floor (on the far right side of the house if you are standing on Ocean Blvd and looking at the house).

Wow. Jonah's making no bones about what's most important to him, is he?

Jonah's being rather dishonest there, too. Adam is the one being sued in this civil case, not Jonah. If there's a judgment against Adam, Jonah is not responsible for payment. If he loses, Adam goes on living his life, working, doing as he wishes while maybe paying a little money here or there.

IMO, this show, the first time we've seen Jonah interviewed on tv, he presents himself much differently than I expected. He's emotionally cold, nasty, petty, thin-skinned and dishonest. Not a flattering portrait. One can only imagine what he's really like in private, when he hasn't been coached and rehearsed for the tv cameras.

That room was used by Rebecca when she was painting because of the wonderful natural light.......Dina used it as a make-up room for the same reason. This was not the room where Rebecca slept........she and Jonah shared the Master BR, which was on the other side of the house, adjacent to the large patio on the second floor (on the far right side of the house if you are standing on Ocean Blvd and looking at the house).
Which also has a large balcony, right? Is that the bathroom where the blood and hair was as well?

Yes, the quoting of the (flawed) Ann Rule short story and the constant discussion of Max is classic Shacknai / Romano deflection. They don't want anyone to contemplate for a moment that this is a trial about Rebecca's murder. Their supporters/surrogates used the same tactics here at WS, always trying to move the discussion away from RZ's death to focus on Max only.

Yep. Without even watching 20/20 and just reading peoples' comments here about the episode, it has a distinctly familiar smell to it. This trial isn't about little Max, or his mother, or his father (except that he's apparently inserted himself). It's about Rebecca and her alleged murderer.

Jonah's being rather dishonest there, too. Adam is the one being sued in this civil case, not Jonah. If there's a judgment against Adam, Jonah is not responsible for payment. If he loses, Adam goes on living his life, working, doing as he wishes while maybe paying a little money here or there.

IMO, this show, the first time we've seen Jonah interviewed on tv, he presents himself much differently than I expected. He's emotionally cold, nasty, petty, thin-skinned and dishonest. Not a flattering portrait. One can only imagine what he's really like in private, when he hasn't been coached and rehearsed for the tv cameras.

His disgusting remark about Greer getting his money makes me angry. We've been reading nonsense about the "money-grubbing Zahaus" from the beginning, when all the poor family wants is to prove their loved one was murdered and didn't kill herself. Jonah's anger would be better directed at the "death investigators" who screwed this case to the moon and back, but we know why he's angry at Greer, instead.

Which also has a large balcony, right? Is that the bathroom where the blood and hair was as well?

It is a large deck area, I would say about 30 X 30 or so, perhaps a bit larger. And yes, that is where the bathroom is located where the blood and hair was found.

After watching 20/20 video, IMO Adam has been polished up a tad. As for Jonah, mere mortals should be honored to be able to view him. Yuck.

Hey ABC !

See things haven't changed from 25, 26 years ago :shame:

Did a self ban from your network about 20 years ago after you followed and live filmed a local "blended" family. During that following and filming, an adolescent female was horribly abused. And ABC continued to film. :facepalm: :scared::shame:

I was sooo very reticent to watch your 20 20 "The mysterious death of Rebecca Zahau: Where the case stands..."

On a self imposed lifetime ban.

He does seem like a mean, coldhearted individual. Very tense. Restrained?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

BBM.

Restylaned.
e045.gif

Oh, and by the way...the Asian Honor statement from another? Nah.

IIRC, or not, please correct me. Its my recollection...he came into the room, was sobbing, being totally devastated. According to the second ex wife.

Nothing about "Asian Honor".

Oh. Wait. I'm not finished bwahaha :laughing:

JS must be pretty pissed, scared and/or crapping himself.

First time he has gone global speaking about this. :scared:

Not sure why Jonah made that statement that he would not be paying Attorney Greer a dime because this is all covered by insurance.........makes me think that Jonah is nothing but a bully and trying to flex his muscles

Not sure why Jonah made that statement that he would not be paying Attorney Greer a dime because this is all covered by insurance.........makes me think that Jonah is nothing but a bully and trying to flex his muscles

Imo, he's trying to make the case look like nothing more than a money grab. He's taking a page from the Rebecca-haters playbook we've seen used here and elsewhere ad nauseam. Given that Rebecca was his significant other, it's really strange and unbecoming of him, and I really thought he was savvier than that. If he wants to foot the bill for his brother's defense, fine, but the best place for him is in Arizona, with his mouth shut.

Imo, he's trying to make the case look like nothing more than a money grab. He's taking a page from the Rebecca-haters playbook we've seen used here and elsewhere ad nauseam. Given that Rebecca was his significant other, it's really strange and unbecoming of him, and I really thought he was savvier than that. If he wants to foot the bill for his brother's defense, fine, but the best place for him is in Arizona, with his mouth shut.

Mr. Greer, is there ANY possibility that Jonah Shacknai could have left the hospital/Ronald McDonald House at any time during the night of Rebecca’s murder? How often was Jonah actually seen on camera footage throughout that night ?

I ask because, knowing both the environs and security setups of the hospital and Ronald McDonald House very well at that time, Darrin Wessel’s (Nina’s attorney) explanation at the April 20, 2017 press conference of why Jonah was apparently missing on camera footage at a certain point doesn’t make sense for multiple reasons I won’t get into here.

In fact, unless he was accompanied by a staff member and there’s an underground tunnel I don’t know about, I would go so far to say it’s pretty near impossible. (Plus, there wouldn't have been press there at that point.)

To refresh, this is the exchange from the 4-27-17 press conference Q&A I’m referring to:

“REPORTER: Is there similar video tape from Rady’s showing Jonah in and out and there that entire night?

“WESSEL: There is some footage, um, we know that there were a couple of doors at the hospital that, uh, were not, covered, uh, fully by camera coverage that was used by Jonah to exit the hospital to avoid any, uh, media coverage, um, the McDona--, Ronald McDonald House had, uh, coverage which showed him present, uh, but there are some time gaps that, at this point, we have not narrowed down yet.”

Perhaps he was just mistaken? Any clarification you can provide publicly would be great. Thank you.

No. Jonah was caught on videotapes both at Rady's hospital and Ronald McDonald House numerous times throughout the day and night of 7/12-7/13/2011. On the contrary, the ONLY time Dina was caught on video was when she returned to Rady's at 1:30-2am the morning after Rebecca was savagely murdered. Dina was NEVER seen before that time at any surveillance videos which begs the question how would she escape being captured on video at hospital throughout entire day/night until 1:30-2am 7/13/2011?

BBM.

Restylaned.
cache.php

That dysport didn't do him any favors. I've never seen any one with poxed face like that after getting botox or similar treatments. If he had it done, whoever did the injections didn't know what they were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille