WTH Are Brad's Lawyers Up To Now????

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best news I've heard all day!:)

Seriously after reading all this "carp" from his lawyers don't you think they have pretty much handed him evidence in Brad's own words?? I mean I really do :)

To me though, RC's conclusion seems the logical one, based on the current knowns: In all likelihood, no other HT trips other than the BC confirmed in his original rebuttal affidavit.

Just a thought JS, Neither BC or his lawyers have ever explicitly said that he did not make an earlier trip, at least as far as I know.

Maybe NC had been doing laundry and used the last of it? [ Maybe he noticed the empty laundry container that she tossed into the recycle bin, and that triggered him to notice...]

My point is just that these 2 statements by BC aren't necessarily incompatible (IMO).

They are in my opinion since he also told LE he really didn't know what Nancy was wearing because she was doing laundry and he didn't see her leave. I have serious doubts he would have noticed since he wasn't the one doing the laundry especially if he didn't even know what Nancy was wearing. Totally contradictory statements IMO. I do not believe in coincidences when it comes to murder.

That's a possibility. However, having said that, my hubby is very sweet, attentive and loving but TRUST me he has no clue what I toss into the recycle bin until he complains about how heavy it is on Wednesday nights. :crazy:

OR...if the relationship was as contentious as is reported, and he had to do his own laundry, the first thing she might have said when he came in the door was "If you plan to do YOUR LAUNDRY today, you'll have to go back to the store 'cause I just used all the detergent". Many, many logical explanations are possible.

They are in my opinion since he also told LE he really didn't know what Nancy was wearing because she was doing laundry and he didn't see her leave. I have serious doubts he would have noticed since he wasn't the one doing the laundry especially if he didn't even know what Nancy was wearing. Totally contradictory statements IMO. I do not believe in coincidences when it comes to murder.

however, the garage door leads into the laundry room, which leads into the kitchen - breakfast for the kids? Fridge for milk and juice? Laundry and detergent?

And why would Nancy ask BC about her shirt - they were barely speaking. And he did his own laundry, not hers, and vice versa.

Back to those scratches...

Should he have had marks of any significance on his neck it is inconceivable that no other witness would have mentioned them, no officer would have photographed them and that no officer would have asked him about them.

First of all, on 7/12 no officer could photograph Brad without a SW or explicit permission from BC and K&B know that! Plus they'd have to have had the dept's camera, which is with a different team as part of an evidence collection kit --the CCBI unit. :doh:

Second, according to the SW affidavit the detective interviewing Brad DID notice red marks/scratches on his neck and "advised" about it. I don't know what "advised" means in this case but it was noted and written up in the SW affidavit for probable cause.

As for additional cops or 'witnesses' asking about it....how many cops interviewed Brad in detail that day? Probably that one and his partner might have been standing there too? What other witnesses who were there might have been trained to LOOK for such things? Certainly not the civilians who were frantic about finding Nancy and totally focused on that? The absence of others not noticing his neck does not prove anything...and certainly does not prove that the marks were not there.

OR...if the relationship was as contentious as is reported, and he had to do his own laundry, the first thing she might have said when he came in the door was "If you plan to do YOUR LAUNDRY today, you'll have to go back to the store 'cause I just used all the detergent". Many, many logical explanations are possible.

Another good explanation.

Just a thought JS, Neither BC or his lawyers have ever explicitly said that he did not make an earlier trip, at least as far as I know.

No, you're right about that, they (BC & attorneys) haven't explicitly said no other trips. It's implied by all they have said I would think, but not explicitly stated.

Nevertheless, based on what we currently know for sure, and with all due respect to MT3 and her source, I agree with RC that it seems unlikely (not impossible... but unlikely) there were any other trips

They said this, "As is clear from Brad's affidavit, he and Nancy awakened shortly after 4:00 a.m. He did not go to the store until after 6:00 a.m."

Seriously after reading all this "carp" from his lawyers don't you think they have pretty much handed him evidence in Brad's own words?? I mean I really do :)

I do think that the lawyers are taking a lot of chances here. And, I think that you are right, this could really backfire. In a way, they are in uncharted territory, and by that I mean that they have to respond to the internet coverage of the case, which is different than traditional media coverage. It is much easier to control mainstream media coverage. They are trying to improve his image by fighting fire with fire by promoting explanations for things that have been discussed by both the media and various websites.

Interestingly, I have found that only the "cary clique" section is accessible if you don't accept their cookies. In other words, they want to know exactly who is visiting the site. I don't know what they intend to do with that information.

JMO

Not sure I totally follow this point RC (sorry): You're saying that because he wasn't 100% sure what NC was wearing when she left to go jogging, that it's unreasonable to think he could have noticed [ or been told] that they were out of some detergent (detergent that NC just used the last of)? Is that it... or am I missing your thought here?

I want to know if LE:

- found an empty laundry detergent bottle or box in the trash or recycling

- Checked the lint traps and garbage for discarded lint from the dryer. There should have been several lint globs (yes that would be a technical term :wink:) from that day since it appeared there was a marathon of laundry happening that morning.

- verified what was being washed that morning (and by who). It takes time to run a load and then wait for a load to dry. There are only so many loads one can do in a 1 hr timeframe.

- was there folded laundry not yet put away? Any laundry left in the dryer? Any wet laundry left in the washer? Any laundry baskets around the laundry room? Anything that was hung to air dry after doing laundry?

- Were the kids' clothes mixed in with the adults? If yes, with Nancy's? Brad's? Both?

They said this, "As is clear from Brad's affidavit, he and Nancy awakened shortly after 4:00 a.m. He did not go to the store until after 6:00 a.m."

That makes it sound like they were sleeping in the same room, doesn't it.

OK..just got back in. Sorry had to speak to everyone I know and decided to go ahead and buy groceries we needed..:crazy:

The Tide is priced $21.89. The bottle is huge! Not one someone would sling around. I had it rung up and then taken off.

Now I am on the Tide.com site and they have no picture showing the type of container it is. Very unusual one.

It also has to come from the bottom shelf...did anyone see his go to the aisle for the Tide? It is right on the end so a camera would show him getting it.

Thanks very much for that clarification. Well, that is the first time that has been said explicitly, I think. I imagine that it would be easy to disprove if that is not the case, so it would be silly to lie about that.

I stand corrected then on this part - thanks SG. Given that indeed, they have explicitly stated this, it's all the more reasonable (as RC mentions) to think it unlikely (not impossible, but unlikely) there were any other HT trips [again, with all due respect MT3 ;) ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143