WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not meaning to be OT but I remember being told years ago that people from WV consider themselves to be far superior to the rest of us in the south. Not meaning to be offensive so just take it with a grain of salt or whatever. They are tight knit and are cautious of outsiders. If you think about it, that may not be a bad thing these days.

K.

That's ok. WV isn't part of the south...........

Does anyone know if and when the FBI would be called in and who would be responsible to make the call???

I'm from Pennsylvania. Have liveded in WV since 1999. It takes time to build trust. Even if you are from WV, moving to a new area can be difficult. Especially these days were there are no jobs and the crime rate has gotten very high. People are much more cautious these days for good reason.

I found a booking pic of what I believe to be is the "mom" Can I post it if she has not been named in MM? You can find her name by googling Aliayah's name...

I found a booking pic of what I believe to be is the "mom" Can I post it if she has not been named in MM? You can find her name by googling Aliayah's name...

Mom hasn't been named in Main Stream Media yet, so no this information cannot be posted

Just wanted to say about the wandering off in the dark, very close to me we had a little girl that wandered ALL the time. She was 3 years old. The mother reported her missing one day at 3p.m. Said she thought she was still in bed, had seen her the night before. They found her alive (thank God) holed up in one of the neighbors attic, where he had drywalled over the door and left her to die. This child was only 3 and would wander all over the neighborhood. Several people had continuously called children services.

Just wanted to say about the wandering off in the dark, very close to me we had a little girl that wandered ALL the time. She was 3 years old. The mother reported her missing one day at 3p.m. Said she thought she was still in bed, had seen her the night before. They found her alive (thank God) holed up in one of the neighbors attic, where he had drywalled over the door and left her to die. This child was only 3 and would wander all over the neighborhood. Several people had continuously called children services.

Hi and welcome! Great post :) Blessings to the little 3 year old, and glad she was found safe.

Prayers to alyaih and that she's found soon. I'm not having a good feeling about this :(

Mel

Not meaning to be OT but I remember being told years ago that people from WV consider themselves to be far superior to the rest of us in the south. Not meaning to be offensive so just take it with a grain of salt or whatever. They are tight knit and are cautious of outsiders. If you think about it, that may not be a bad thing these days.

K.

lol :crazy:

Finally a plea from mother and grandmother at this link! (and they are named!) Where are you Aliayah??

http://www.wdtv.com/

Family members say Aliayah is a shy child. They say she never talks to strangers and would never have wandered off alone.

"She never leaves the house unless an adult is with her. She wouldn't have come out in the yard, or the road for that matter, without her mother," said Joann Evans, Aliayah's Grandmother.

"Around 9 or 9:30, I went back in to wake her up and she was gone," said Lena Lunsford, Aliayah's mother.

They are doing everything that they possibly can, but the more people we can get to help, the better chances of bringing her home," Lunsford said.

...and pray for answers.

"We love her. We miss her," Evans said.

"We want her home," Lunsford said.

<modsnip>

If you would like copies of the research done on west virginia culture, I'd be glad to send you the information. They are easily available through the March of Dimes, Annie Casey Foundation, Kids Count, Vanderbilt University, WVU & Marshall. Most of this information is also available through the WV dept. of Health & Human Resources.

what does that mean?

"Around 9 or 9:30, I went back in to wake her up and she was gone," said Lena Lunsford, Aliayah's mother.

Does this mean the mom saw her earlier? When did she originally go in, as to say "I went back" means to me a 2nd time.

When was the first time?

MOO

Mel

I'm from Pennsylvania. Have liveded in WV since 1999. It takes time to build trust. Even if you are from WV, moving to a new area can be difficult. Especially these days were there are no jobs and the crime rate has gotten very high. People are much more cautious these days for good reason.

I think that is true of a lot of places and people are busy with their own lives more than in the past when neighbors all got together, cooked out, socialized more. Not too many stay-at-home moms now. They usually arranged all the neighborhood events. jmo

what does that mean?

Does this mean the mom saw her earlier? When did she originally go in, as to say "I went back" means to me a 2nd time.

When was the first time?

MOO

Mel

I don't know what it means either. That struck me as a mysterious statement. SOMEONE saw her at 6:30 a.m., don't know who. 6:30 seems early for a 3 year old to be up -

what does that mean?

When was the first time?

MOO

Mel

ETA: Lena's FB page is now poof. I can't see it anymore -- anyone else?

I can still see her page. There's not much on it, but it's not set to private.

what does that mean?

When was the first time?

MOO

Mel

I guess at 6:30 when they claim she was last seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela